GiGii

English for Russian ...men

34 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Tell me mini skirts and Uggs haven't made it to Moscow. Tell me goddamit!!!! biggrin.gif

I could tell you they haven't... but that wouldn't make it any less true :(

Actually, I don't remember seeing any Uggs in general (man I hate those things too, especially with mini-skirts).

They had more of the "I just fell out of bed" look.

Maybe I'm biased, but I completely agree with Slim and Eekee.

Same. Although, as stated, I think it applies equally to American men and women. Russian men even dress better than American men.

True, I agree there as well. But it's more fun to pick on American women now :D.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

:crying: Does this mean I have to stop wearing my fleece mini-skirt with my uggs and start brushing my hair and teeth? :crying: I remember back when Ammar found me, wallowing in a dirt-hole as he rode in on his camel. I had on my Uggs, had a few sticks in my hair, and had 3-day-no-shower smell. I weighed about 1001lbs at the time, and I was eating straight out of a bucket of KFC. He knew I was the one when he saw me pull out a back-up pair of crocs I had forgotten about in my giant purse.

<---------hates Uggs and mini-skirts, crocs and giant bags, owns none of this, and doesn't own a pair of sweat pants... does own a couple of hoodies, although they would be inappropriate to wear to a restaurant. Has no idea how people thought these styles were a good idea.

<---------brushes hair and teeth multiple times/day, and has never weighed 1001lbs (although I could loose weight now, thus I am working out so I can have my size 2s back in about a month and a half) in case there was confusion... :)

Good luck guys in reviving your forum-- :) thought I would give you a drive-by.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Timeline

Heh! Thanks for driving by julianna! Good luck with the diet, 900 pounds or so may seem like a lot, but it all really starts to roll off after about the first 400. :lol:

Y'know...I'll bet slim and I are amongst the few people around that have actually seen somebody ride past a KFC on a camel. :D

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Julianna's post reminds me kind of the reason for international relationships. Why do most start? Cause you couldnt get the same thing at home.

Why do guys want russian chicks? Cause they get turned off by american slob women who want to put their foot down. They prefer pretty & quiet, so they can be the "boss" cause the american ladies are treating them like a sissy.

Why do guys want phillipino chicks? Cause they are tiny, quiet, and seem satisfied with life, as long as they have a comp, cell, and food. And since many have had prior prosititution careers, they get the job done.

Why do ladies want arabs? Cause they show them affection, even though they've been divorced 2-3+ times, weigh double what they should and american guys arent running after them.

Why does anyone want anyone from the UK? I can't quite figure that one out. Seems both countries are similar financially/job wise, career wise, style of living. Maybe its the sexy british accent, or heck a sexy redneck one, lol.

Ok, I think that about covers most of the forums. :star:

A woman is like a tea bag: she does not know how strong she is until she is in hot water.

- Nancy Reagan

Timeline
Good luck guys in reviving your forum-- smile.gif thought I would give you a drive-by.

Where is House when you need him.

Why do guys want russian chicks? Cause they get turned off by american slob women who want to put their foot down. They prefer pretty & quiet, so they can be the "boss" cause the american ladies are treating them like a sissy.

In my defense, I wasn't looking for a Russian girl (or any girl for that matter), I just wanted to go hit on the hot chick in the bikini. Of course it turned out she is an amazing person and the rest is history.

And she's only quiet until I get myself in trouble... so, she's not that quiet.

Why do guys want phillipino chicks? Cause they are tiny, quiet, and seem satisfied with life, as long as they have a comp, cell, and food. And since many have had prior prosititution careers, they get the job done.

Ouch, just ouch. But very funny

Why do ladies want arabs? Cause they show them affection, even though they've been divorced 2-3+ times, weigh double what they should and american guys arent running after them.

I didn't know about the existence of this trend. I figured American women would be too afraid of having to wear the "ninja" outfit. Maybe they make a sweats version with a great big Nike logo.

Why does anyone want anyone from the UK? I can't quite figure that one out. Seems both countries are similar financially/job wise, career wise, style of living. Maybe its the sexy british accent, or heck a sexy redneck one, lol.

It's bad teeth meets bad hygiene. Maybe they figure two negatives equal a positive?

I've never met a "quiet" Russian woman. Also they have a hell of a throwing arm. :lol:

I didn't know about the existence of this trend. I figured American women would be too afraid of having to wear the "ninja" outfit. Maybe they make a sweats version with a great big Nike logo.

Ahhh...head over to the MENA forum. You'll see a few actual Middle-Easterners and a lot of American women trying to build MENA street cred by peppering their posts with "inshallah's." :P

(slim, if this doesn't do it...I give up.)

Edited by mox

Timeline
Heh! Thanks for driving by julianna! Good luck with the diet, 900 pounds or so may seem like a lot, but it all really starts to roll off after about the first 400. :lol:

Y'know...I'll bet slim and I are amongst the few people around that have actually seen somebody ride past a KFC on a camel. :D

Awww, Mox, thanks for the encouragement! :star: You know, I've never seen anyone ride past a KFC on a camel. Which country? I'm kind of dissapointed Ammar has never ridden a camel. I told him that he can't be a real Arab if he doesn't have a camel (claims they won't live in his area; well, what does he know-- everyone knows Arabs=camels) and doesn't like couscous (I'm trying a bit for you all too, tossing in my efforts with you and Slim). Also, I am not sure what he was thinking when he decided to marry in his 20s and marry someone who was younger than him. That's not right, is it? (Still trying.)

I was eating straight out of a bucket of KFC.

My wife came here like, "I not will be eat this horrible, fat, greasy American food." No McDonald's for her. No BK. No Wendy's. Nothing "normal." But, I took her to KFC and that $#!T is like Kentucky Fried Kryptonite! She can't get enough of it. Her sister came here for a two week visit and I bet we had KFC four times. If I can't sneak in some pizza, and I'm having a grease withdrawl, I'll purposefully detour past a KFC and within minutes, I'm finger lickin' good.

Good luck guys in reviving your forum-- :) thought I would give you a drive-by.

Thanks for the drive-by, and you're always more than welcome around here. Although, it's just not the same when MENA chicks stop by. Kind of like an old white guy talking about the "pains" of his interview in Manila. Preaching to the choir, sister. Preaching to the choir.

I'll go ahead and share a racist story with everyone...... My buddy and I were hanging out with an international hodge-podge of folks in the Middle East. We went around the circle and asked everyone what they'd like for breakfast after a hard night of drinking, smoking, (!$**#&ing), some more drinking, and basically, it went like this - The fat white guys wanted to make a run to Burger King. The Arabs wanted rice and lamb. The skinny Asian girls wanted rice and veggies. The Africans wanted rice...... and KFC.

And yes, I have seen folks riding camels in front of KFC. I don't know if that's racist or not though.

Julianna's post reminds me kind of the reason for international relationships. Why do most start? Cause you couldnt get the same thing at home.

Ok, I think that about covers most of the forums. :star:

Great form, GiGii!

Ahhh...head over to the MENA forum. You'll see a few actual Middle-Easterners and a lot of American women trying to build MENA street cred by peppering their posts with "inshallah's."

"inshallah" was covered nicely in that new flick with Leo DiCaprio and Russel Crowe. (Great movie, by the way. "I'm not getting my head cut off on the Internet. If something happens, you f#@king shoot me, OK?") The flip side was covered in War, Inc. with John Cusack and (still fine at 44!) Marisa Tomei and (when did Lizzy Mcguire get all grown up?) Hilary Duff. That's where you'd see the Nike signs on the "ninja outifts" and complete commercialization of every single thing possible. Only after America takes over. The part where the guy was delivering the dry cleaning and scarfing down the dehydrated coffee... classic! That's the way it goes when America comes to town. Body of Lies did a good job of showing "the other side" of what happens when America gets involved.

And lest we forget, there's one movie out there that almost perfectly details American policy in the Middle East but yet, no one seems to have ever even heard of it. Who the heck is the blue-eyed Egyptian?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
My wife came here like, "I not will be eat this horrible, fat, greasy American food." No McDonald's for her. No BK. No Wendy's. Nothing "normal." But, I took her to KFC and that $#!T is like Kentucky Fried Kryptonite! She can't get enough of it. Her sister came here for a two week visit and I bet we had KFC four times. If I can't sneak in some pizza, and I'm having a grease withdrawl, I'll purposefully detour past a KFC and within minutes, I'm finger lickin' good.

Thanks for the drive-by, and you're always more than welcome around here. Although, it's just not the same when MENA chicks stop by. Kind of like an old white guy talking about the "pains" of his interview in Manila. Preaching to the choir, sister. Preaching to the choir.

Ammar refuses to eat at restaurants. He doesn't trust the cleanliness of others, so it's sort of like I have to pry him to get him to go somewhere. I've also been faced with the awkward situation where he refuses to eat something someone makes us, serves, etc. Last company party was a pot-luck and he refused to even go into the room with the people because he said they were "dirty" and he refused to eat with them. That just about makes for a pretty strange moment for me trying to explain away why he isn't there. On his side, I must confess some of them were pretty yucky. :) I blamed it on dietary law, although that wasn't actually the problem. Then again, I have caught him cleaning around our baseboards with a q-tip. I think it may be OCD. :blink: Now my house is so clean, though. :star:

My process was long, but actually not difficult at all-- at the time, Amman had Iraq, part of Syria and all of Jordan filtering through it and so basically you were assigned an interview about a year after they got your stuff. Luckily, they shortened it to about 6 months. Now we're in removing conditions which is just like crappy déjà vu-- you feel like you already went through this assembling of useless ####### before, which you know they are going to spend about 10 minutes looking at and then just do the stair-test.

So, you all are likers of pie (or so I read). Question: if you were feeling really crappy, would you prefer pie or cinnamon rolls, cake, some kind of combination, or all of the above? He's upset, and he likes pie, cake, and cinnamon rolls (I make them fresh, not some crappy canned thing). So, I am thinking to make him cinnamon rolls because it's been a while. I could do a pie though, but that requires shopping for ingrediants (fruit).

Timeline
So, you all are likers of pie (or so I read). Question: if you were feeling really crappy, would you prefer pie or cinnamon rolls, cake, some kind of combination, or all of the above? He's upset, and he likes pie, cake, and cinnamon rolls (I make them fresh, not some crappy canned thing). So, I am thinking to make him cinnamon rolls because it's been a while. I could do a pie though, but that requires shopping for ingrediants (fruit).

I suggest hair pie; no way that won't put a smile on his face.

But seriously, I say a pie anyway. Maybe it's me, but there's just something about a good pie.

Ammar refuses to eat at restaurants. He doesn't trust the cleanliness of others, so it's sort of like I have to pry him to get him to go somewhere. I've also been faced with the awkward situation where he refuses to eat something someone makes us, serves, etc. Last company party was a pot-luck and he refused to even go into the room with the people because he said they were "dirty" and he refused to eat with them. That just about makes for a pretty strange moment for me trying to explain away why he isn't there. On his side, I must confess some of them were pretty yucky. :) I blamed it on dietary law, although that wasn't actually the problem. Then again, I have caught him cleaning around our baseboards with a q-tip. I think it may be OCD. :blink: Now my house is so clean, though. :star:

Hmmm...well I hope Ammar manages to adjust better. Americans socialize a *lot* with food, and you're going to find yourself either increasingly isolated from a social life, or find yourself going to a lot of places alone. Neither is good for your long-term happiness. We talk a lot about adjusting to life here, so if you need any pointers I'm sure you'll get some good advice around here. On the other hand, hang on to the house-cleaning OCD. That's golden. :D

Hmmmm...I don't think you can go wrong with either pie or cinnamon rolls, especially if those rolls are of the large, hot, and fresh variety. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
I'm finger lickin' good.

Sometimes, it's just TOO easy. I'm gonna show restraint....

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Timeline

Thanks guys! I have settled on pie. I was going to do cinnamon rolls, but then I realized I need milk and I don't have any milk or even anything I can pretend is milk. I think I'm going to make blackberry or maybe blackberry-raspberry, but we'll see. He is a great fan of apple, so maybe I will make him two pies. For our anniversary, I made 6 pies, and he got to eat one every day (and pizza). I figure, it's what he likes so it makes a good gift.

Mox, I would hope he would change his mind about those kinds of things but he's like that in Jordan too. He's pretty good about pretending to eat things when he's around others, so so far, other than that one time, it hasn't been a major ordeal. I agree, the cleaning is gold. At least, you would think it's gold until you have someone following you around telling you about your messiness. (Do I sound like a man? :) )

(ETA: That's it, I forgot to add in the above story that when he found me I also had a giant beard and a moustache, and a beautiful, lush, unibrow. That would have added a bit more class, I think.)

Edited by julianna

(ETA: That's it, I forgot to add in the above story that when he found me I also had a giant beard and a moustache, and a beautiful, lush, unibrow. That would have added a bit more class, I think.)

Honey? Is...is that you? Listen...about the child support. I'm good for it, really. No need to call the lawyer. Check's in the mail.

;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.