rexalite

My First of Many, Many Questions

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am trying to figure out how long I can expect to wait for my K3 Visa interview at the Montreal embassy as NVC says they are finished processing my case. What does it mean on your timelines when you say "touched"? Like touched, as in touched where my bathing suit covers? Or is it "touched" as in "going a little crazy"?

Also, I can't quite figure out what Packet 3 refers to? It sounds like it's the bunch of documents I submitted to the NVC - my police clearance certificate, long form birth certificate, etc.

I haven't heard anything back from the NVC, but when I called them they said that they are finished with my case, and they are waiting to hear from the embassy for an interview time but couldnt' tell me when that would be. Do they send further instructions? Do I need to get shots for my medical interview?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Touched - is a term used when your petition is at the Vermont or Cali processing centre, and your account updates (the date chagnes when you log-in) - I think it's just for K1 Fiance Visas

Packet 3 - is refering to a packet from the Consulate that K1's have to fill out. Doesn't mean anything to a K3 spousal visa.

Hope that helps

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
What does it mean on your timelines when you say "touched"? Like touched, as in touched where my bathing suit covers? Or is it "touched" as in "going a little crazy"?

:blink:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I am trying to figure out how long I can expect to wait for my K3 Visa interview at the Montreal embassy as NVC says they are finished processing my case. What does it mean on your timelines when you say "touched"? Like touched, as in touched where my bathing suit covers? Or is it "touched" as in "going a little crazy"?

Also, I can't quite figure out what Packet 3 refers to? It sounds like it's the bunch of documents I submitted to the NVC - my police clearance certificate, long form birth certificate, etc.

I haven't heard anything back from the NVC, but when I called them they said that they are finished with my case, and they are waiting to hear from the embassy for an interview time but couldnt' tell me when that would be. Do they send further instructions? Do I need to get shots for my medical interview?

:lol:

Check here for info on immunizations and lots of other stuff with regard to the medical:

http://panelphysicians.com/Pages/Immunizations.htm

It sounds like you are doing a CR1 or IR1 visa - now that it has completed at NVC, you should call NVC about once a week to see if you have been scheduled for an interview at the consulate yet. Normally they schedule between the 1st and the end of the 3rd week of the month.

Once the interview is scheduled they will send you and interview letter and instructions regarding the medical.

Filed: Other Timeline
Touched - is a term used when your petition is at the Vermont or Cali processing centre, and your account updates (the date chagnes when you log-in) - I think it's just for K1 Fiance Visas

Packet 3 - is refering to a packet from the Consulate that K1's have to fill out. Doesn't mean anything to a K3 spousal visa.

Hope that helps

Also pertinent to K3 or any other process at USCIS service centres. It just means that your petition has been looked at by someone and they had to update the on-line status. Over the years, I and several others highly suspect that it means nothing more than an adjudicator sneezed or spilled coffee on their IN tray and had to move stuff about to clean up. I wouldn't put much stock into the on-line updates.

Packet 3 is also sent out to K3 beneficiaries. They get much the same applications as K1 do.

It sounds however like the OP is in the CR1 process at NVC, and not K3 however, and will not be receiving a package 3. The CR1 process is entirely different than K3 or K1.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.