floridadias

I-130 lawyer sucks, and now?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

I was doing my process with a lawyer, but I decide do by myself now, because my lawyer is veryyy sucks!!!!

The last thing the Immigration ask me was my wife's divorce certification from her ex-husband. I send and in the photo is the message in the uscis website.

What should I do now? What my next step??? Anyone can help me??

Thank you.

post-48272-1235709021_thumb.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I was doing my process with a lawyer, but I decide do by myself now, because my lawyer is veryyy sucks!!!!

The last thing the Immigration ask me was my wife's divorce certification from her ex-husband. I send and in the photo is the message in the uscis website.

Thank you.

It seems all you can do is wait. I'm sorry, I had a loooong wait myself but it's worth it. Hang tough it will be over before you know it if you continue on with your life.

2-2-07 Sent I-129F to NSC

2-6-07 NSC received USPS mail, NSC then to CSC

2-15-07 NOA1 -file received

2-16-07 check cashed

2-23-07 touched

5-4-07 NOA2 approval -email

5-13-07 sent cancellation request letter

6-7-07 we're going to retry with a K-3

8-6-07 married in Thailand (dual language, dual representation prenuptial)

8-7-07 sent K3 from Bangkok

9-10-07 I-130 NOA1, (received at CSC 8-9-07)

10-9-07 sent I-129F to CSC

11-1-07 touched I-130

requested consular processing I-130 (http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PN_i-129f.pdf)

9-13-07 I-129F for Spouse arrived CSC via USPS return rcpt. requested

4-1-08 NOA2 for K3 (I-134 supposed to be processed but processed I-129F instead)

7-11-08 interview Bangkok, passed.

7-16-08 POE arrival, 2 hours in Seattle Customs.

AOS I-486 sent 4-4-09

AOS NOA1 4-13-09 for all; I-485, I-131, I765

RFE 4-27-09 Thai official document in lieu of original Birth Certificate not sufficient???

Infopass appointment 5-26-09 at USCIS. Officer thought our doc was valid and doesn't know why the RFE.

7-28-09 EAD and AP sent

Social Security card 8-4-09

interview 9-10-09

10 year green card expires 9-17-19, Permanent Resident Card.

Resident since 9-10-09.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thank you.

It seems all you can do is wait. I'm sorry, I had a loooong wait myself but it's worth it. Hang tough it will be over before you know it if you continue on with your life.

but should I call to Immigration for see if they are waiting for somenthing else and my lawyer didint told me?? or just wait next contat from Immigration?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

but should I call to Immigration for see if they are waiting for somenthing else and my lawyer didint told me?? or just wait next contat from Immigration?

It's not clear where you are in the process as you did not fill out any of the information on your timeline. Once you do, I am sure more people can help you out. Also specify what visa you are pursuing, K3 or CR1? Good luck to you!

And don't forget you can always read the guides. Click on the word guide above to see if you can find answers to your questions.

NVC Journey: Finally OVER APRIL 21, 2009!!! INTERVIEW PASSED 05/12/09; VISA IN HAND 05/20/09

03/05/09: K3 and I 130 both approved! FINALLY after 230 emotionally trying days @ VSC!!

03/06/2009 : NVC Received; 03/09/09 Case Number Assigned; 03/10/09 K3 stuck in AP

03/17/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills generated (by email @ 10:00 p.m.); 03/18/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills paid online

03/27/2009 : AOS/DS 230 package sent to NVC; 04/02/2009 : AOS & DS-230 entered into NVC system

04/14/2009 : Found out K3 was forwarded to the consulate in Leb and CR1 stuck in AP; 04/18/09: K3 delivered

04/20/09: WOOHOO CR1 already out of AP; DS 230/AOS accepted with no RFEs!! Sign in failed on NVC payment site.

04/21/09: MAGIC CASE COMPLETE @ 4:30 P.M. THANK U GOD!!!

04/27/09: Hubby passed his medical; CR1 interview assigned for June 17th By NVC; but changed to MAY 12th after emailing embassy on 05/05/09 )

an1cET10g410530MDAwMzExOGx8MDAwMDU1NGRhfEFwcHJvdmVkLyBXYWl0aW5nIDQgUmV1bmlvbiE.gif

Interview Passed 05/12/09!!! Visa in hand 05/20/09!!! POE: 05/23/09

as1cEY00g410500MDA0NDZzfDAwMDk3c3xUaWxsIDFzdCB3ZWRkaW5nIGFubml2ZXJzYXJ5.gif

REUNITED JUST IN TIME FOR MY BDAY AND WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!! PRAISE BE TO GOD!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you.

all it means is that the new information was received and it is back in the queue to be reviewed....

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.