honestlyspkng

I-130 waanted but think K-3 better?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am sure we have all been to the point where it seems as if the information available from both USCIS and NVC is the same as calling the operator to find out if your phone is working. It seems the information they want to share is the information already known, but the questions I have always go unanswered, and of course the classic answers, probably, it's likely, usually and of course, I think.

I called four times to USCIS to ask the question, why my wife has an A number on her I-130 approval and our daughter does not. I got four different answers including, it is usual for the approval not to have the A number and unusual for it to appear there. Of course this could not be a mistake, and I simply cannot accept the answer "It is just something that happens sometimes". Because of the need to provide original documents to NVC and there are overlapping documents that affect the child as well as the wife, we have decided to go with the K-3 which also has the A number, and perhaps there will be an explanation somewhere down the road. Has anyone ever run into this before?

Documents have been sent to the embassy last Friday and I expect my wife will be receiving her package soon. I would have liked to go with the I-130 but the documents are too confusing I think without being presented at an interview like the K interview in person where questions can be explained and they understand the local laws.

Help if you can.

Thanks All

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I am sure we have all been to the point where it seems as if the information available from both USCIS and NVC is the same as calling the operator to find out if your phone is working. It seems the information they want to share is the information already known, but the questions I have always go unanswered, and of course the classic answers, probably, it's likely, usually and of course, I think.

I called four times to USCIS to ask the question, why my wife has an A number on her I-130 approval and our daughter does not. I got four different answers including, it is usual for the approval not to have the A number and unusual for it to appear there. Of course this could not be a mistake, and I simply cannot accept the answer "It is just something that happens sometimes". Because of the need to provide original documents to NVC and there are overlapping documents that affect the child as well as the wife, we have decided to go with the K-3 which also has the A number, and perhaps there will be an explanation somewhere down the road. Has anyone ever run into this before?

Documents have been sent to the embassy last Friday and I expect my wife will be receiving her package soon. I would have liked to go with the I-130 but the documents are too confusing I think without being presented at an interview like the K interview in person where questions can be explained and they understand the local laws.

Help if you can.

Thanks All

You can simply answer "unknown" if you don't know an A number. Otherwise, if you want immigrant visas, go for them. Did you file an I-130 for wife and a separate one for daughter?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Help if you can.

Thanks All

The "A" number will eventually become her alien registration (green card) number. Your daughter will also receive a green card number whe she adjusts status. You will likely first see it on her NOA1 for adjustment of status, it is where our son's "A" number forst appeared. The reason you get poor answers is the answers are designed to prevent you from calling again, not to give you information. They will say whatever they feel best accomplishes this. For example the favorite former answer was "about 6 months" I hear that now they say "about 10 months", basically for any question you ask. Of course your case will be completed before 10 months and you will never call again. They win. The USCIS and NVC simply does not do business by telephone. No doubt some public policy regulation brought about by those pesky taxpayers requires them to provide a phone number for you to call but not accurate information.

When my wife and our son had their biometrics appointment, I got bored while waiting for them and approached the paid-by-the-pound employee at the "service window" and asked when I could expect to have the AOS interview and receive the green cards. After bantering back and forth to even get her to agree to give an answer (her first response was to use my home computer and go to the misinformation websiite so she didn't have to minimize her game of solataire) I finally got her to shift her carcass some few feet to the right, by rolling in her chair, and punch a few keys on her other computer and she answered "About 6 months". We had the green cards in hand a month later.

I guess I should ask them when they will update my I-129f from "received and pending". They take their time doing it, but seem to eventually get everything completed by using the US mail.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.