domegirl1978

Montreal Embassy Packet 3 Questions...Please Help

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I am from Montreal and my fiance is in Florida. He already received the NOA1 earlier on this month and we are patiently...maybe impatiently at times....lol....waiting for the NOA2.

I have seen many different posts on packet 3 but none that actually come from the Montreal Embassy. The closest thing I have found are the packet 3 checklists from Vancouver.

Does anyone on here have the checklist from packet 3 from Montreal that they could possibly email me or post here.

I was hoping to get a head start on the paperwork. I know some of the paperwork has to be done online throught the embassy itself but its the checklists I'm really looking for.

Thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moving this to the regional forum, it will get more responses there.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Hello everyone!

I am from Montreal and my fiance is in Florida. He already received the NOA1 earlier on this month and we are patiently...maybe impatiently at times....lol....waiting for the NOA2.

I have seen many different posts on packet 3 but none that actually come from the Montreal Embassy. The closest thing I have found are the packet 3 checklists from Vancouver.

Does anyone on here have the checklist from packet 3 from Montreal that they could possibly email me or post here.

I was hoping to get a head start on the paperwork. I know some of the paperwork has to be done online throught the embassy itself but its the checklists I'm really looking for.

Thanks in advance!

I have one at home, if no one posts it before I get off work I will do it for you. Mine is from Montreal.

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Timeline
Hello everyone!

Thanks in advance!

I have one at home, if no one posts it before I get off work I will do it for you. Mine is from Montreal.

THANKS SO MUCH WISCAN! I CERTAINLY DO APPRECIATE IT

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello everyone!

Thanks in advance!

THANKS SO MUCH WISCAN! I CERTAINLY DO APPRECIATE IT

That would be great Wiscan - if you post it here maybe that's something we can add to the Canada Wiki page :thumbs:

Timeline

If you received your NOA1 recently, it's likely that you have a ways to go before your NOA2. That being said, there are a few things you can do now and a few things that are best left till you actually receive the NOA2/packet 3.

Passport - make sure your Canadian passport is valid for 1 year beyond your projected date of immigration. Use the K-1 timelines to estimate based on your milestones. I had to renew my passport in a hurry because mine was going to expire later this year. If your passport is fine, then just photocopy the page with your picture and signature in it and you're set.

Photos - you should wait on the photos until closer to your interview date so that they are more recent when you go for your medical. Either way this only takes a day max.

Medical - you can't do this until you've received packet 3 from Montreal.

Birth certificate - if you do not have your long form birth certificate, now is a good time to order it. If you were born in Ontario this is the link: https://www.orgforms.gov.on.ca/eForms/start.do ... once you have the longform birth certificate, photocopy it.

Police certificate - You can apply for this when your fiance gets the NOA2. By the time packet 3 arrives, you should receive your police certificate (mine took about 5 business days, if you are in Toronto you can go to Police Headquarters at Bay+College).

Evidence of support - this is something you should wait on, but it would help to explain to your fiance - i.e., the kinds of evidence he will have to acquire when the time comes (tax slips, employer letter, statement from bank officer).

There are a few other things like Court & Prison Records, Military Record, Divorce/Death Certificiates, Documents for Accompanying Children - I don't have any experience with these since I didn't have to get them.

While this isn't a photocopy of the checklist, it is a breakdown of all items that appear on it. Hope this helps.

Lifting Conditions

01-Jun-2011: Filed I-751

06-Jun-2011: I-751 NOA

20-Jul-2011: Biometrics appointment

03-Dec-2011: File Electronic AR-11 to update address

25-Mar-2012: Approved

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

One thing I would say is depending on whether or not you have a good health plan, look into the vaccinations you will need. The one hepatitis shot requires one dose now and one after 6 months. Plus if you dont have a drug plan they can be $. I go to Brock University part time and dont have a drug plan and am under 26 and need the stupid guardassil shot and looking at about $1000 for all vaccinations/medical and have been balancing out the cost by getting a vaccine here and there so I will be up to date when my NOA2 finally comes and I get an interview.

Timeline
One thing I would say is depending on whether or not you have a good health plan, look into the vaccinations you will need. The one hepatitis shot requires one dose now and one after 6 months. Plus if you dont have a drug plan they can be $. I go to Brock University part time and dont have a drug plan and am under 26 and need the stupid guardassil shot and looking at about $1000 for all vaccinations/medical and have been balancing out the cost by getting a vaccine here and there so I will be up to date when my NOA2 finally comes and I get an interview.

I'm pretty sure you only need Hepatitis B if you are 18 or under - just so you know and don't spend money on it if you don't have to.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

I'm pretty sure you only need Hepatitis B if you are 18 or under - just so you know and don't spend money on it if you don't have to.

I checked on the checklist, girls 14-26 need guardasil, everyone needs hep A and B, i didnt get all the shots when i was younger, and i need menengitis, and pneumonococal one there is a big list of the vaccines on the "how do I bring my spouse..." guide, I cant find it atm but I printed it out back in november. I got a prescription for all the shots $160*3 for HPV, 60*2 for hep, i think 120 for the other hep and $30-90 for the others and the cost of the medical still puts it close to $1000 which sucks as a student.

I checked on the checklist, girls 14-26 need guardasil, everyone needs hep A and B, i didnt get all the shots when i was younger, and i need menengitis, and pneumonococal one there is a big list of the vaccines on the "how do I bring my spouse..." guide, I cant find it atm but I printed it out back in november. I got a prescription for all the shots $160*3 for HPV, 60*2 for hep, i think 120 for the other hep and $30-90 for the others and the cost of the medical still puts it close to $1000 which sucks as a student.

Hep B is only mandatory for children 18 and younger, it is not mandatory for us over 18. I just confirmed this with Seiden and Assoc two weeks ago at my medical. My son was vaccinated, not req'd for me.

But the form is misleading as it does list it.

I will say that even thought the form lists several vaccines, some may not apply to everyone. It is a broad spectrum of what they usually require at various ages.

ps. the meningitis one's and pneomonia one's are also for younger children. You should really wait till medical before getting all these shots? They will tell you what you need. worse case, you go back to your Dr, and they fax the confirmation over after you get them, only delays medical results by like 24 hours.

I'm not sure, but there is a bunch of vaccinations you are listing that they do not require for adults. I have my Tetanus, MMR and had chicken pox when I was younger and that was good enough for them.

Edited by poprocks

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

http://www.panelphysicians.com/Pages/Age6.htm

That page will tell you what you need, its from the physicians site that does the medicals in TO if it helps at all :D

As far as I know the only one that isnt covered is gardasil, everything else is a routine shot you can get at the health unit, if you are missing any.

Edited by Danu

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

I have my medical booklet from when i was a child. I know I have to get my tetanus re-newed because its been over 10 year.

I'm going to be 31 in June so I'm 100% not getting the Gardasil. I'm safe on that one.

I also have one of my HEP vaccines for sure and have the paperwork for it. I had to get it when I went to funeral school so I'm good there too.

I'm hoping whatever I DO have to get won't cost me a small fortune.

Timeline

Sorry to break it to you, but you are severely mistaken.

Here is a link showing what you need if you are between 18-64

http://www.panelphysicians.com/Pages/Age6.htm

Tetanus

MMR

Varicella (which if you had chicken pox, you can give them a verbal confirmation)

Gardisil - If you are are female 26+under

Hep B - For 18+under

Influenza - For age 50+

HepA is not required at all.

This is probably what you were referring to... which is *recommended* but not what is actually required for immigration purposes.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules...lt-schedule.pdf

Hopefully you just saved yourself some time and money now.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

• 1 month later...

Can Anyone tell me if I should send back packet 3 checklist before having completed the new ds-160 on-line? I want to speed things up...I have completed my ds-160 on-line but am waiting to get my sons renewed passport back before I can complete his...

I REALLY don't want to wait an extra 2 weeks but I also don;t want them to return it to me?? Instructions aren't very specific....PLease help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.