miminme

Starting K1 Process - Address Difficulties!

5 posts in this topic

Hello all,

This is my first post here. My fiancee and I are just beginning to look at everything that we need to get together to start the K1 visa application process. Truth be told, we're both a more than a little over whelmed by everything that we have to do/prove. I'm sure we're going to have lots of questions as we go along, but here are the first thus far.

Currently my fiancee and I both live together in China (her home country). I'm curious about what I should put down for my address on the application form. For most of the couples that I've read about here on the forum, it seems like the American usually lives in America while the fiance(e) lives abroad. In my situation, should I list my permanent address in the states, which would be my parents home, or should I use the address where we live? If I use my Chinese address, could that complicate things later if it is assumed that I don't have a home for my fiancee and I to live in in America?

As well, we're both a bit unclear about what we should use to prove that we have met in the last two years. I apologize if this question seems absurd since we live together, but nonetheless how would you recommend we go about it? We have gobs of pictures and visa stamps showing that we've both been in China together during the same periods. The apartment that we live in is in my name, so we don't have any sort of actual documentation that shows that we live together. We could, however, get lots of written testimonies from both her and my families and friends. Does that sound like enough?

Thank you in advance for any help. Best of luck to everyone!

2006-Jan-25 ===> Met in Glasgow, Scotland

2006-Jan-26 ===> Fell in Love! (Many weekly trips since then)

2006-Sep-8 ===> Moved to China together, because his UK work visa extension was not successful. Moving to China was the only way for us to just be together.

2009-Feb-11 ===> She said "YES"!!!

2009-May-20 ===> Legally married in China

2009-Oct-16 ===> Super wedding extravaganza in China

2009-Nov-16 ===> Sent in I130 to Beijing Embassy

2009-Nov-23 ===> Received I130 Approval

2009-Dec-24 ===> Received Packet III from Guangzhou Consulate

2010-Jan-25 ===> Sent DS0230 Package to Guangzhou Consulate (We waited a month before sending this package in as we had to wait for a police certificate to be sent from England)

2010-Feb-14 ===> Received P4 Appointment Day set for 3/17!!

2010-Mar-17 ===> Interview and Visa Approved

2010-Mar-19 ===> Received Visa package from Guangzhou Post Office

Present ===> Selling all our stuff so we can move back to America!!!

Filed: Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello miminme,

as I understand, the address for the I-129f form you probably need or should use the address you will live in once married and in the US. They will also use this address to communicate with you, so have your parents be read when such letters arrive. On the G-325 form you will be adding you addresses for the last five years, so it makes sense to use the address where you will live in on the I-129f and your current on the G-325. Maybe someone went through your same process that can back this up.

As for the having met within the last two, I would say provide all the information from the beginning even if its older than two years. I used Pictures, purchase receipts while traveling together (this one could be tough), flight itineraries and boarding passes. Letters are also good for this, I think the more the better. (I need to start getting these letters actually, :wacko:)

This is more or less what we provided for our case, but ours is different from yours. Hope this helps some and that someone!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Caracas, Venezuela

I-129F Sent : 2008-08-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-09-08

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-28

NVC Received : 2009-02-03

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-03-31

Visa Received : 2009-04-07

US Entry : 2009-05-16

Marriage : 2009-05-30

Comments :

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I agree. If you are there legally and have been for at least 6 months, then DCF is probably your best bet!

You will want to check out What Visa do we Need , the China Regional forum here on VJ.... and be certain to visit CandleforLove.com.

China is not an easy place to deal with when going through this process so preparing the very best that you can before hand is your best defense. ;)

timeline.jpg

Thank you guys! We have just looked through some information about CR-1 and DCF. I think we might as well just go ahead and get married in China and go for the DCF. Thanks again for the help!! :star:

2006-Jan-25 ===> Met in Glasgow, Scotland

2006-Jan-26 ===> Fell in Love! (Many weekly trips since then)

2006-Sep-8 ===> Moved to China together, because his UK work visa extension was not successful. Moving to China was the only way for us to just be together.

2009-Feb-11 ===> She said "YES"!!!

2009-May-20 ===> Legally married in China

2009-Oct-16 ===> Super wedding extravaganza in China

2009-Nov-16 ===> Sent in I130 to Beijing Embassy

2009-Nov-23 ===> Received I130 Approval

2009-Dec-24 ===> Received Packet III from Guangzhou Consulate

2010-Jan-25 ===> Sent DS0230 Package to Guangzhou Consulate (We waited a month before sending this package in as we had to wait for a police certificate to be sent from England)

2010-Feb-14 ===> Received P4 Appointment Day set for 3/17!!

2010-Mar-17 ===> Interview and Visa Approved

2010-Mar-19 ===> Received Visa package from Guangzhou Post Office

Present ===> Selling all our stuff so we can move back to America!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.