uchegirl

marriage proposal

55 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Idocare,

Before U start getting our sympathy on this board and from what I read of ur input, it seems like U're a very nice person from the way U portray ur person. This is just a one side to what happened as I will only believe ur story until I hear ur husbands part of his own story just like the court, the police and every one that confirmed what's went wrong between U two. It seems like U agree that U beat ur husband at one point or the other??? from what U said and what do U think would of happened to him if he was the one that beat U up???? And U haven't really told us what really started ur misunderstandings yet before U both got to this bad stage.

I am also married to an american and me and my wife like everyone of us in this board has had series of argument and as well misunderstandings which I believe is a characteristic of any relationship, even if that man is a preacher. From what have learnt from my own relationship with my wife, it shows the two of U are just two sturborn people that neither want to agree when U're wrong or right. U want to change him to be just as U want him to be and he also wants to change U to be just like he wants. I would be more of sympathy here if U tell me that he's doing something to U, like he's cheating on U, beating U up. Not respecting ur home like doing drugs and all that. Not that he is going out with his male friends or that he told U that the reason U married him is becos of his money.

Until U both agree, U're both at fault here. I am not against the fact that U're posting stuffs here to help the newbiz but at the same time stop making urself sound like a nice wife when he is the bad husband. If U're like U talk here then he will never or want to leave U and not to think about the fact that U have his baby.

Lastly, Do U think every of us here don't have misunderstandings in our homes??? Even those that got married with a spouse from the UK. I wish we could all tell U what goes on in our homes then U will know what it means to be married to someone. I remember sweetie sometime telling this board that she sometime make mistakes of taking decision on her own that affects the family, forgetting that she is now married. We all need to learn how to live a married life and not that I want to bash anyone here, I just wanna add my few cents to this topic.

I believe if U both had tried harder to work things out between each other U won't have put both or urselves in the situation. The fact that U tried on several occasion to postpone the interview date and even withdraw ur paper works from immigration and as well from what I read from U, I filled the divorce showed that U didn't initially tried to work things out with ur husband. U both want to show each other the power U have against the other but to ur surprise U didn't have that much power over him immigration wise. I hope U find some sense in what am saying here not that am trying to blame anyone here, Me and my wife experienced what U both went thru and that doesn't mean that we are wiser but the fact that we had to face reality at a high cost. This is marriage. Even if we had known each other all our life that doesn't mean we would have controlled a situation like this better. It is just as a result of bad communication. remember bad communication can destroy a 20 years marriage in just a day.

Forget the immigration process and ask urself. HOW A GOOD WIFE OR A GOOD HUSBAND HAVE I REALLY BEEN?

I appreciate the fact that U're coming down here to say all this stuffs so that the newbiz will know what it takes to be married and work on their marriage at the same time they are so hungry in finally breaking the distance.

My advice for every other reading this, watch the language and what U say when U're angry with ur spouse, U may come to regret this bitterly, which U might not meant it but becos U were angry.

Remember, am not perfect and am going thru this everyday stuffs with my wife but we always put divorce out of it. If U don't think U can do this then pls don't ever decide to get married becos U will never find a marriage without misunderstandings!

Embassy admit having petition (interview date not known yet) 20th Oct 2005

Picked up package 4 at embassy 24 of Oct

Interview date: 19th January 2006 DENIED (221G)

Second interview: 3rd of Feb 2006 VISA APPROVED! Thank U Lord!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Idocare,

Before U start getting our sympathy on this board and from what I read of ur input, it seems like U're a very nice person from the way U portray ur person. This is just a one side to what happened as I will only believe ur story until I hear ur husbands part of his own story just like the court, the police and every one that confirmed what's went wrong between U two. It seems like U agree that U beat ur husband at one point or the other??? from what U said and what do U think would of happened to him if he was the one that beat U up???? And U haven't really told us what really started ur misunderstandings yet before U both got to this bad stage.

I am also married to an american and me and my wife like everyone of us in this board has had series of argument and as well misunderstandings which I believe is a characteristic of any relationship, even if that man is a preacher. From what have learnt from my own relationship with my wife, it shows the two of U are just two sturborn people that neither want to agree when U're wrong or right. U want to change him to be just as U want him to be and he also wants to change U to be just like he wants. I would be more of sympathy here if U tell me that he's doing something to U, like he's cheating on U, beating U up. Not respecting ur home like doing drugs and all that. Not that he is going out with his male friends or that he told U that the reason U married him is becos of his money.

Until U both agree, U're both at fault here. I am not against the fact that U're posting stuffs here to help the newbiz but at the same time stop making urself sound like a nice wife when he is the bad husband. If U're like U talk here then he will never or want to leave U and not to think about the fact that U have his baby.

Lastly, Do U think every of us here don't have misunderstandings in our homes??? Even those that got married with a spouse from the UK. I wish we could all tell U what goes on in our homes then U will know what it means to be married to someone. I remember sweetie sometime telling this board that she sometime make mistakes of taking decision on her own that affects the family, forgetting that she is now married. We all need to learn how to live a married life and not that I want to bash anyone here, I just wanna add my few cents to this topic.

I believe if U both had tried harder to work things out between each other U won't have put both or urselves in the situation. The fact that U tried on several occasion to postpone the interview date and even withdraw ur paper works from immigration and as well from what I read from U, I filled the divorce showed that U didn't initially tried to work things out with ur husband. U both want to show each other the power U have against the other but to ur surprise U didn't have that much power over him immigration wise. I hope U find some sense in what am saying here not that am trying to blame anyone here, Me and my wife experienced what U both went thru and that doesn't mean that we are wiser but the fact that we had to face reality at a high cost. This is marriage. Even if we had known each other all our life that doesn't mean we would have controlled a situation like this better. It is just as a result of bad communication. remember bad communication can destroy a 20 years marriage in just a day.

Forget the immigration process and ask urself. HOW A GOOD WIFE OR A GOOD HUSBAND HAVE I REALLY BEEN?

I appreciate the fact that U're coming down here to say all this stuffs so that the newbiz will know what it takes to be married and work on their marriage at the same time they are so hungry in finally breaking the distance.

My advice for every other reading this, watch the language and what U say when U're angry with ur spouse, U may come to regret this bitterly, which U might not meant it but becos U were angry.

Remember, am not perfect and am going thru this everyday stuffs with my wife but we always put divorce out of it. If U don't think U can do this then pls don't ever decide to get married becos U will never find a marriage without misunderstandings!

I don't remember ever reading that Idocare admitted beating her husband or even an implication. I half to wonder why in any spouse would fight so hard to stay in the US if their sole purpose of immigrating was to be with their beloved. I agree that untill we see both sides of the story it is hard to accurately asess.

K3

10-xx-04 I129 sent

05-xx-05 NOA1 from USCIS - Aproved - Abandoned for Cr1

CR1

11-15-04 I-130 sent

12-10-04 NOA 1 fee changed had to resend info with new fee

12-11-04 Resend case with new fee

02-14-05 NOA 2 I-130 Case aproved and sent to NVC

02-25-05 NVC received case

03-21-05 Received I-864 fee bill

03-22-05 Sent $70 I-864 payment to

04-16-05 Received IV fee bill

04-17-05 Sent $ 380 IV payment to NVC

05-02-05 Received I-864 packet from NVC

05-02-05 Sent I-864 packet to NVC

05-11-05 NVC received IV payment

05-16-05 NVC sent third packet

05-25-05 Received DS-230 and third packet instructions

06-06-05 NVCReceived DS-230 per fed ex confirmation

06-07-05 NVC Enters DS-230 information in system

waiting waiting waiting

06-20-05 Case Completed!!!!!!!yipee.

waiting for interview date.............

7-26-05 Baby born!!!! yaya

8-15-05 Interview set for 9-29-05

9-29-05 Interview suck they want more proof

10-20-05 second interview

10-24-05 yaya haleloujhya finally got it.

10-28-05 going to meet husband in New York. yayayaya

10-30-05 Home!!!!

Lifting Conditions

7-28-07 Mailed form I751 and supporting documents. $275 (Old fee!!!!!Yipee!!!)

8-17-07 Check cleared my account.

8-20-07 Touched

8-30-07 Received Biometric apointment letter.

9-11-07 Biometrics Apointment

9-22-07 Received letter of approval

9-24-07 Received GC Whoo hoo done for 10 years!!!

09-20-09 Sent N-400 for Citizenship

11-01-09 Bio

01-11-10 Passed Interview

01-16-10 Received notice for swearing in ceremony

02-03-10 Swearing in ceremony

Timeline

Idocare,

I don't remember ever reading that Idocare admitted beating her husband or even an implication. I half to wonder why in any spouse would fight so hard to stay in the US if their sole purpose of immigrating was to be with their beloved. I agree that untill we see both sides of the story it is hard to accurately asess.

Well........ A little "birdie" told me that Valentine misrepresented himself, and professed to be a preacher...However, fiance recently discovered that this was a blatant lie... :whistle::whistle::whistle:

8.14.03 MY FEET TOUCH NIGERIAN SOIL!

8.28.03 Civil wedding (Lagos, Island)

8.30.03 Trad. wedding (Mbaise-Owerri, Imo State)

11.27.03 Returned to U.S.A

12.31.03 I-130 NOA1

6.15.04 2nd trip to Naija

7.04.04 I-129F NOA1

9.24.04 I-130 x-ferred from NSC to CSC

10.07.04 I-130 rec. @ CSC

10.14.04 I-130 Approv.

11.04 Rec. DS 3032 & AOS fee bill

12.04.04 Rec. I-864 packet

2.05.05 DS 3032 rec.

2.17.05 I-129F Approv.

2.23.05 Left NVC

3.09.05 Rec. IV bill

3.10.05 Ret. I-864 Packet

3.12.05 3rd trip

3.29.05 Ret. IV fee bill

5.02.05 DS-230 mailed out by NVC

5.05.05 Hubby rec K-3 packet

6.23.05 Rec. DS 230 & Checklist

7.08.05 RFE DS 230

7.18.05 NVC rec. Cklist response letter items

7.21.05 K-3 interview (Previously notified Lagos that we are abandoning the K-3)

8.04.05 *Case Complete*

11.08.05 Case forwarded to Lagos

12.23.05 INTERVIEW-VISA APPROVED

1.13.06 Hubby's flight scheduled for U.S. arrival @ 12:45pm

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well........ A little "birdie" told me that Valentine misrepresented himself, and professed to be a preacher...However, fiance recently discovered that this was a blatant lie... :whistle::whistle::whistle:

OH, NO, OPTIMYSTIC!!!!! Now you and your "birdie" gonna get things heated up in here!!!!!! Here goes another Visa Journey scandal!!! :wacko: We all gonna need some :help: in here! :lol:

It does kind of explain why she would just go ballistic on him and not want to marry him anymore. Wish I had seen this post before I opened my big mouth and started my preachin' in response to his "explanation". I would have said some different stuff in that sermon! Now I'm just gonna go get my popcorn ready and wait for the show!!!

Molly

November 2004 Met my sweetheart Stephen online

March 22, 2005 Stephen and I got married in Ikeja, Nigeria

March 28, 2005 Had to leave my heart in Nigeria with Stephen

K-3 Journey

April 7 to December 12, 2005 Filing to visa interview

December 12, 2005 VISA GRANTED!!!!

December 15, 2005 Visa in hand!!!

December 19, 2005 MY HUSBAND ARRIVES IN USA!!!!!!!

AOS Journey

December 29, 2005 NOA1 receipt date for AOS, EAD

January 20, 2006 Received RFE for affidavit of support on AOS

January 23, 2006 Sent reply to MSC for RFE

January 24, 2006 RFE reply received at NBC

January 26, 2006 Email saying AOS is back on track

January 28, 2006 Received biometrics appointment letter for EAD and AOS

February 9, 2006 Biometrics appointment

February 20, 2006 EAD and AOS touched

March 30, 2006 Received interim EAD at Phoenix office.

June 7, 2006 EAD touched

June 8, 2006 EAD touched AGAIN

June 10, 2006 Received interview letter in mail for AOS

June 15, 2006 EAD approved FINALLY!!!!!

JULY 12, 2006 INTERVIEW AT PHOENIX DISTRICT OFFICE

JULY 20, 2006 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

:help: THE CROOKED CHURCH :devil: FOLKS JESUS :unsure: !! I gotta laugh from crying for some folks..if thats the case..thats a sad shame. And God will fix it and ummmmm..i think sistah will too..but ummm..I hate :angry: seeing folks play with folks feelings and worse God..goodness..*shaking head* :o

Molly pass the popcorn and extra butter please...lol..but seriously my heart go out to anyone being hurt...sad..sad

Yo Tari..ummm..when you start working for the ENQUIRER :P I had to go there B) roflmbooo

jidedoll1.gif

us-flag.gifni-flag.gif

"If God be for us...who can be against us?"

Jide and Olivia Love Story Blog

Ministry I founded: WOMEN OF DELIVERANCE

My Homepage Spot!

Timeline

OH, NO, OPTIMYSTIC!!!!! Now you and your "birdie" gonna get things heated up in here!!!!!! Here goes another Visa Journey scandal!!! :wacko: We all gonna need some :help: in here! :lol:

It does kind of explain why she would just go ballistic on him and not want to marry him anymore. Wish I had seen this post before I opened my big mouth and started my preachin' in response to his "explanation". I would have said some different stuff in that sermon! Now I'm just gonna go get my popcorn ready and wait for the show!!!

Molly

Molly & Livi,

You know you both of you need to cut it out! :lol: Well the saying goes, there are 2 sides to every story, and then there is the truth... This is only heresay, (but judging by the close connection of the parties involved, it appears that the whistleblower :whistle: is a reliable source.

In anycase, I hope they can resolve their issues, but as we all know, trust (in addition to God), is the foundation that builds a solid relationship. Do you know how difficult it is to reestablish trust once it is gone, especially in the early stages of the relationship?

Molly, BTW don't hog it all, save me a few kernels too!

:help: THE CROOKED CHURCH :devil: FOLKS JESUS :unsure: !! I gotta laugh from crying for some folks..if thats the case..thats a sad shame. And God will fix it and ummmmm..i think sistah will too..but ummm..I hate :angry: seeing folks play with folks feelings and worse God..goodness..*shaking head* :o

Molly pass the popcorn and extra butter please...lol..but seriously my heart go out to anyone being hurt...sad..sad

Yo Tari..ummm..when you start working for the ENQUIRER :P I had to go there B) roflmbooo

Chile, let me call my source and get the entire 411 (lowdown/news). I'll be back w/more information as the story develops....

BTW, C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!!!!!!

On receiving your passport!

Chile, let me call my source and get the entire 411 (lowdown/news). I'll be back w/more information as the story develops....

BTW, C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!!!!!!

On receiving your passport!

12.31.03 I-130 NOA1

7.04.04 I-129F NOA1

10.14.04 I-130 Approv.

2.05.05 DS 3032 rec.

2.17.05 I-129F Approv.

2.23.05 Left NVC

3.09.05 Rec. IV bill

3.12.05 3rd trip

3.29.05 Ret. IV fee bill

7.08.05 RFE DS 230

7.21.05 K-3 interview (Previously notified Lagos that we are abandoning the K-3)

8.04.05 *Case Complete*

Timeline

I'm passing popcorn AROUND in here! And I'll go pop some more (with extra butter for you, Livi) while I wait for Tari's update on this fool's drama!!! And we'll save the unpopped kernels to use for pelting in case we be threatened up in here too!

BTW, I do really feel bad for the fiance. She must really be hurtin' after going through the whole visa process and being lied to for so long!!! It sure makes it hard to trust now. And I hope she has resources to help her figure out where to go from here.

Molly

K-3 Journey

AOS Journey

June 7, 2006 EAD touched

Timeline
I'm passing popcorn AROUND in here! And I'll go pop some more (with extra butter for you, Livi) while I wait for Tari's update on this fool's drama!!! And we'll save the unpopped kernels to use for pelting in case we be threatened up in here too!

BTW, I do really feel bad for the fiance. She must really be hurtin' after going through the whole visa process and being lied to for so long!!! It sure makes it hard to trust now. And I hope she has resources to help her figure out where to go from here.

Molly

'm passing popcorn AROUND in here! And I'll go pop some more (with extra butter for you, Livi) while I wait for Tari's update on this fool's drama!!! And we'll save the unpopped kernels to use for pelting in case we be threatened up in here too!

Molly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plz. stop :lol::lol::lol: You got me over here choking on my cookie and spewing it at my monitor!!!

I know you are a nurse, but while you were in school did you do stand up comedy???? Girl, could have sworn I saw your butt on Comedy Central! :lol:

12.31.03 I-130 NOA1

7.04.04 I-129F NOA1

10.14.04 I-130 Approv.

2.05.05 DS 3032 rec.

2.17.05 I-129F Approv.

2.23.05 Left NVC

3.09.05 Rec. IV bill

3.12.05 3rd trip

3.29.05 Ret. IV fee bill

7.08.05 RFE DS 230

8.04.05 *Case Complete*

Timeline

Tarionna! I'm just openin' up the show for YOU!!!! Your act is comin' up right behind mine. And well, truth be told, I just wanted you to share your cookie with me. And a nurse is a good thing to have around if you be chokin' on a cookie. I'll be there to save your butt.

For the record, no, I didn't do stand up comedy while I was in nursing school. I'm just a clown in a world that's not a circus. But when I was in nursing school, I quickly learned that the only way I was going to survive THAT insanity was going to be through laughin' my butt off as often as I could. Take it from me, girl---the most important skill a nurse could have is learning to laugh and how to make other people laugh. LAUGHTER HEALS!!!! And sometimes being a nurse can just get downright depressing if you can't find somethin' to laugh about. Like they say----a picture is worth 1,000 words, a song is worth 1,000 pictures and one good belly laugh is worth 1,000 songs. So amidst all this crazy drama up in here today, YA'LL JUST GO AHEAD AND LAUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! But PLEASE don't choke on no cookies!

Molly

a.k.a. Stand Up

K-3 Journey

AOS Journey

June 7, 2006 EAD touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.