malishka36

Interview

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

We are at the interview stage in our process. The form I received from our lawyer says my fiance will need to proved all the USCIS paperwork (which the lawyer has). He has all the forms that were requested he fill out. I sent him my form as well as my bank statement, pay stubs, and tax information from 08.

Since our lawyer is not very fast at returning emails (if at all). I hope I can get some sort of clairifcation from you all here.

Does he need all the paper work from USCIS ?

We have paid all fee's accept the 131.00 how will they know that ?

The letter also ask for PP, birth certificate, divoce decree.. is that olny for him or for both of us ? (he's never been married I have).

It's asking for form DS-230 and DS-2002 where does he get that ?

He has also herd from people in his country (Nepal Visa office) that they are very strict on US visa now (because of our new President) and only want to give it to musulim people ?? and out of 1,000 only 2-3 people will get a visa. ####### is that about ?? I never heard of that. The USCIS has already approved his application I dont think they can do that it's discrimination.

Timeline
We are at the interview stage in our process. The form I received from our lawyer says my fiance will need to proved all the USCIS paperwork (which the lawyer has). He has all the forms that were requested he fill out. I sent him my form as well as my bank statement, pay stubs, and tax information from 08.

Since our lawyer is not very fast at returning emails (if at all). I hope I can get some sort of clairifcation from you all here.

The letter also ask for PP, birth certificate, divoce decree.. is that olny for him or for both of us ? (he's never been married I have).

It's asking for form DS-230 and DS-2002 where does he get that ? (OK nevermind about the DS forms. I found the info)

He has also herd from people in his country (Nepal Visa office) that they are very strict on US visa now (because of our new President) and only want to give it to musulim people ?? and out of 1,000 only 2-3 people will get a visa. ####### is that about ?? I never heard of that. The USCIS has already approved his application I dont think they can do that it's discrimination.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Please have a look at the K1 flowchart in the guides link above and read through the faq for more information.

Your approved petition was sent to NVC and then onto the Embassy your fiance will be interviewing with. Therefore, they will have the documents you sent with the I-129f.

$131 USD is the visa fee your fiance will pay at some point. Again, each Embassy is different so it's imporant you understand how Nepal will handle this. Check Embassy reviews and/or the Regional forums for more specifics. You can also click on the portals link above to find others who have filed with Nepal.

good luck

timeline.jpg

Timeline
Please have a look at the K1 flowchart in the guides link above and read through the faq for more information.

Your approved petition was sent to NVC and then onto the Embassy your fiance will be interviewing with. Therefore, they will have the documents you sent with the I-129f.

$131 USD is the visa fee your fiance will pay at some point. Again, each Embassy is different so it's imporant you understand how Nepal will handle this. Check Embassy reviews and/or the Regional forums for more specifics. You can also click on the portals link above to find others who have filed with Nepal.

good luck

Oh right on.. thank god I thought we would have to get all those documents from our lawyer. That's like pulling teeth ! Yep we understand about the 131.00 not a problem with that. I'm reading the board for the interview documents now. I'm so sorry I didn't know about that place. Thanks for your infomation.

Filed: Other Timeline

It's asking for form DS-230 and DS-2002 where does he get that ?

We are at the same point(my husband's interview is March 24) though we are going for CR-1, so DS-230 was already filed with NVC.

Who did you hear this information from??? Sounds like crazy rumors to me - maybe it has something to do with DV because no way could they deny so many legally married couples.

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

I agree with PR... that sounds like a complete fabrication. Please don't worry about it.

Best wishes for a successful interview!

Maya

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

He has also herd from people in his country (Nepal Visa office) that they are very strict on US visa now (because of our new President) and only want to give it to musulim people ?? and out of 1,000 only 2-3 people will get a visa. ####### is that about ?? I never heard of that. The USCIS has already approved his application I dont think they can do that it's discrimination.[/b]

propaganda

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

good luck

:thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
He has also herd from people in his country (Nepal Visa office) that they are very strict on US visa now (because of our new President) and only want to give it to musulim people ?? and out of 1,000 only 2-3 people will get a visa. ####### is that about ?? I never heard of that. The USCIS has already approved his application I dont think they can do that it's discrimination.[/b]
propaganda
The part about issuance only to Muslims might be propaganda, but the part about "out of 1,000 only 2-3 people will get a visa" merits further exploration. Who are the people in the "Nepal Visa office," and what is the basis behind their statement about the numbers?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I agree with PR... that sounds like a complete fabrication. Please don't worry about it.

Best wishes for a successful interview!

Maya

Ohh dear, some people are soo full of it ... Im not sure about US Immigration policy but I suspect it be similar to Australias, we seem to be very similar in a lot of ways... We have a set % of Immigrants that are accepted into the country every year and they come from various countries .. the % fluctuates and at the moment they are allowing a lot of African Immigrants but that doesnt mean they are excluding immigrants from China etc ... Its possible whoever told you about the Muslims heard or read somewhere that there is an increase of people from that cultural background being accepted but it certainly doesnt mean that it will exclude others from other cultures ...

People entering into the country with the K1, K3 etc Visa are a seperate group altogether ... as are the immigrants entering based on skills ... We have different criterias we need to meet to be allowed into the country, I really wouldnt be worrying about what that person told you ... Just concentrate on getting all your evidence together, cross all your T's and dot all your I's and make sure you dont miss any of the forms etc you need to include and you'll be fine ...

Always amazes me how 5 people can read the same news article or watch the same doco or news program and get completely different takes on the subject ...

Today is the Tomorrow, you worried about Yesterday .....

05-Dec-04 Shay and I met online.

17-Feb-07 Shay came to visit me Australia for 5 and half wonderful weeks.

---

02-Oct-08 Shay lodged 1-129F

07-Oct-08 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA1 had been approved

07-Jan-09 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA2 had been approved

14-Jan-09 NVC notification recieved

29-Jan-09 I recieved pk 3 in the mail

29-Jan-09 I recieved passport in the mail

04-Feb-09 I went for my police check

20-Feb-09 medical

24-Feb-09 Picked up medical results *PASSED*

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

02-Mar-09 Embassy received pack 3

24-Mar-09 Interview @ 9.00am

!!!!!!!! VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!

27-Mar-09 Visa Arrives in Mail

---

14-Apr-09 Departing for the US

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving to:

US Embassy and Consulate General Discussion

You are almost there and now you have to deal with the embassy. This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.