*julez*

2005 - 2007 UK Filers *Only*

1,149 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Well if has finally reached that time having graduated from the Embassy in 2006. N-400 is complete and in the UPS envelope with copies of all the supporting documents ready to be sent off Friday.

Once more into the clutches of the USCIS.

Edited by Lansbury

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Filed: Timeline

I have returned from my hols. (My explanation for responding to all these old posts. :lol: )

Another Northwester here, I'm from Leigh. :D

Oooh, a Lancashire Lass! :dance: I think my Yorkshire BIL and CIL (Cousin-in-Law) may have mentioned you. :lol:

Griff was born in Chester, but grew up in Sandiway. Sounds like you gals were both a bit further west.

Chester's right down the street from me. :)

ETA: Krikit, what pub in Chester? I've been to a few there! My favorite is the Olde Boot Inn! Best chips EVER! And super cheap pints. What's not to love?

Aww, crumbs. I've forgotten. Let me have some thinks and I will get back to you.

Liked your shopping list! Shame you can't bring back bread!

All she has to do is cross the border! She's right down the street from British bread. :crying:

Someone sent me some chocolate from the UK. We are in Florida, so when it reached us, it was somewhat melted!!

I just came back from a family party in Vancouver, BC and my cousin who lives in England brought me some large Cadbury bars. When I unpacked my luggage at this end they had searched my bag and broken one of the bars into tiny little bits until they had busted it wide open and left it strewn around the bottom of the bag. :angry: I guess Cadbury bars must look like packages of explosives on an x-ray machine. :unsure:

Mailing hubby's removing conditions package at lunch today. :D

Wheeeeee! Come and join my list! :lol:

:thumbs: Well Done and Good Luck..... I have got my biometrics next week, so I am only just ahead of you!

You too, essjay! :dance:

iagree.gif

Behold, sponge candy!

sponge2005.jpg

Oh.... my.....

.... droooooolllll. :crying:

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Mailing hubby's removing conditions package at lunch today. :D

:D Hooray - may USCIS do the approving thing speedily! I'm told (via CRIS-mail) that my 10 year green card was mailed out yesterday.

Yikes. I just realized that it is roughly 478 years since I last posted in the UK forum. :blink::blush::unsure:

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I just got home last night from my 6 week holiday in scotland, had a wonderful time......... spent time with my kids and my family, my sister and i went to bingo :lol: i actually won! Brought home like 5 big boxes of Maltesers, 6 big cakes of Cadburys chocolate, crunchies, 12 packets of scottish shortbread, gravy granules, packets of highland toffee, 2 Birds strawberry trifles, that i can make from scratch........ :lol: The wee woman at customs looked at me funny when she asked about the shortbread. LOL, she's like.... who's all that for, am like eh my hubby, he loves the stuff, hehe

Separated!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Welcome back Maria! Glad you had a great trip and that you returned with bountiful delights from home. I'll be waiting for my packet of shortbread to arrive in the mail any day now! :P

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I would have packed more goodies, but that would have meant leaving some of my clothes behind!! :lol: It would have been worth it though, to see the expression on the customs woman's face!

Separated!!

• 4 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.