*julez*

2005 - 2007 UK Filers *Only*

1,149 posts in this topic

pork pies freak me out

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

10 hours!

Mine only took a short time since I had a "box" where I stashed all my evidence over the 2 days....every card, wedding invitation, photo went into the box. It took ages to make a photocopy of everything though....all the cards had to be place on in the copier seperately

90day.jpg

I'm hoping to get mine done next week. We're still waiting for tax transcripts to come back. :angry:

My transcripts which I was promised would be faxed to me never arrived, so I ended up photocopying everything. Hence 10 hours! Like Robin, I had to copy all these greetings cards, which took forever. Advice to Mags and Krikit -- start prepping NOW!

I think it was a pretty good packet in the end. I decided to stop obsessing over the fact that Bruce and I do not have a joint bank account and throw other stuff in (like joint Visa cards and AAA membership) and hope for the best. My attitude is if we get called in for an interview, there is no way they won't know we're for real. People have different circumstances in life (like us not having a joint bank account) but that doesn't mean their relationship is not "for real".

Right now I am in CT and won't be back until the 16th. It's my birthday tomorrow and we won't spend it together. :( But... my mom got me a spa package for Saturday afternoon which makes it a little easier to cope with. :D

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't think we have any greetings cards around - we rarely exchange cards with people. We'll probably get an affidavit off of a couple of friends of ours instead.

We have joint insurance (car, house, medical), joint taxes, joint bank accounts, joint utility bills and my name is on the deeds to the house, car and truck.

Btw, I always thought that I'd have to pay a $545 filing fee for my son also, reading it back though it seems that as he is going on my form he only needs to pay $80...is this true? If so it'll save us a bundle of cash!

Anyone? Cause Mama would really love to buy a new pair of shoes! :lol:

I'm hoping to get mine done next week. We're still waiting for tax transcripts to come back. :angry:

My transcripts which I was promised would be faxed to me never arrived, so I ended up photocopying everything. Hence 10 hours! Like Robin, I had to copy all these greetings cards, which took forever. Advice to Mags and Krikit -- start prepping NOW!

:lol:

Yeah, I really need to get my act together!

Filed: Timeline

Ugh. I started out semi-prepared. But that was two years ago and now I haven't a clue where I put everything. I'm sure it's all over the place and I'll be tearing my hair out and blaming my husband for being American.

Right now I am in CT and won't be back until the 16th. It's my birthday tomorrow and we won't spend it together. :( But... my mom got me a spa package for Saturday afternoon which makes it a little easier to cope with. :D

Happy birthday, Maven!

BirthdayCat.jpg

I don't think we have any greetings cards around - we rarely exchange cards with people. We'll probably get an affidavit off of a couple of friends of ours instead.

It wasn't until our last anniversary that I realized I probably should have saved some greeting cards. I managed to rescue the one from his Mum and Dad. I think that's around here somewhere. :unsure:

Stupid immigration. I already started grumbling yesterday that the K-1 process is a ####### process. Hopefully, we'll still be talking to each other after I'm done. We're going to need that vacation. :blush:

I'm going to try to get away with not obtaining any affidavits from anyone. I just feel too uncomfortable asking anyone to do that for me. :(

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.