windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

hi guys im hoping you can help me out with this one. i understand that when you go to st lukes for your medical, they will have a list of vaccines that you would need to have done. i was wondering if anyone could point me to the right direction as to what these are? do you have to get those elsewhere or will they be providing you with those vaccines if you have no records of those required vaccines? also if anyone can recall how much they had to pay for these vaccines?

thanks so much guys. im sorry i asked way too many questions in one post. i hope you can help me. :)

04-24-09 I-130 Application received by USCIS

04-29-09 Received NOA1

08-17-09 Approved

08-20-09 NOA2 Received

08-26-09 NVC Received

08-27-09 Case Number Assigned

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys im hoping you can help me out with this one. i understand that when you go to st lukes for your medical, they will have a list of vaccines that you would need to have done. i was wondering if anyone could point me to the right direction as to what these are? do you have to get those elsewhere or will they be providing you with those vaccines if you have no records of those required vaccines? also if anyone can recall how much they had to pay for these vaccines?

thanks so much guys. im sorry i asked way too many questions in one post. i hope you can help me. :)

oops... i think i found what i was looking for.... hihih sorry... i think that thread should be pinned for future references. oh my goodness i was reading this vaccination list, seems to be alot of shots needed... eek... you need to get all of these?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=1596&st=15

Edited by YnaYeBa0808

04-29-09 Received NOA1

08-17-09 Approved

08-20-09 NOA2 Received

08-26-09 NVC Received

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

My understanding is that the cost of the vaccinations is included in the fee that you pay. My finacee doesn't have records either, so I am guessing that she will be getting a lot of shots. :(

hmm if it is included with the fee then that would be nice to know. can anyone confirm this? do they administer it (the missing shots) there?

man if they were going to go thru all those in the list, wow... thats going to hurt... yarks... eeekkkkkk

04-29-09 Received NOA1

08-17-09 Approved

08-20-09 NOA2 Received

08-26-09 NVC Received

My understanding is that the cost of the vaccinations is included in the fee that you pay. My finacee doesn't have records either, so I am guessing that she will be getting a lot of shots. :(

Vaccinations are not required for the K-1 Visa and are therefore not included in the price of the med exam.

However she will need them once you get married and want to file for the I-485 Adjustment of Status. Although it wouldn't hurt for her to go ahead and get them there.

Edited by Dean iWait

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...es_1315.html#8d

Vaccination Requirements

All applicants for immigrant visas are required to have the following vaccinations if appropriate for age, medical condition or medical history:

Mumps

Measles

Rubella

Polio

Tetanus and diptheria toxoids

Pertussis

Influenza type B

Hepatitis B

Varicella

Pneumococcal

-----> As a fiancé(e), you are not required to fulfill this requirement at the time of your medical examination for a fiancé(e) visa. However, you may want to do so. These vaccinations are required when you adjust status following your marriage.

DEAN AND SHERYL

thanks for the info deaniwait. i will have him get all the shots in the philippines then. just wondering also whether you would know how long the records are valid for?

04-29-09 Received NOA1

08-17-09 Approved

08-20-09 NOA2 Received

08-26-09 NVC Received

Vaccinations are not required for the K-1 Visa and are therefore not included in the price of the med exam.

This is not correct. It is true that vaccinations are not required for the K-1 visa, but

St Luke's does offer most of them and there is NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. Any shots given are included in the price of the med exam.

Marlene was given 3 at no additional charge.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

This is not correct. It is true that vaccinations are not required for the K-1 visa, but

St Luke's does offer most of them and there is NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. Any shots given are included in the price of the med exam.

Thanks for the correction. That was not what I understood. I will have my fiance get hers there then. Those vaccinations here in the states would probably set you back $200 or $300 easy. :thumbs:

DEAN AND SHERYL

Thanks for the correction. That was not what I understood. I will have my fiance get hers there then. Those vaccinations here in the states would probably set you back $200 or $300 easy. :thumbs:

thanks john and marlene and dean... its good to know that they offer these shots free of charge. well not totally free... i mean included in the price. i will let my fiance know that he doesnt have to go out of his way to get these shots done. Will they be providing you a record of these shots so you can sumbit them for the AOS?

04-29-09 Received NOA1

08-17-09 Approved

08-20-09 NOA2 Received

08-26-09 NVC Received

thanks john and marlene and dean... its good to know that they offer these shots free of charge. well not totally free... i mean included in the price. i will let my fiance know that he doesnt have to go out of his way to get these shots done. Will they be providing you a record of these shots so you can sumbit them for the AOS?

They will give you a copy of the record of shots. There are some that they don't have there which you will have to get in the U.S. for the AOS. You will have to have a civil surgeon complete a vaccination supplement recording the shots from Manila plus the additional shots that you will need. The form from the St Luke's Medical is not what's required for the AOS but will help the civil surgeon complete the supplement.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

thank you once again john and marlene for your help :) you guys are the best... nothing beats personal experience. :) thanks so so so much

04-29-09 Received NOA1

08-17-09 Approved

08-20-09 NOA2 Received

08-26-09 NVC Received

;)

Hi all,

The people at the st luke's clinic will determine which shots you need and will provide those to you (typically) on the 2nd day of your medical exam for free

from my experience, i was only given the MMR shot (mumps, measles, rubella) and i was given a sheet of paper telling me i need to get the Td shot (tetanus/diphteria) in the US (because apparently they dont have that vaccine here -- some people have said tho that if you have a private doctor or such in the philippines you can probably get that shot but it's a bit expensive)

i havent asked how much this Td vaccine costs here so i cant share that info with you...neither do i know how much it costs there

anyhow, just wanted to assure you that the shots is the last thing you should worry about...the people at st luke's have got that covered

goodluck!

Animated flag courtesy of virtuallandmedia.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
;)

Hi all,

The people at the st luke's clinic will determine which shots you need and will provide those to you (typically) on the 2nd day of your medical exam for free

from my experience, i was only given the MMR shot (mumps, measles, rubella) and i was given a sheet of paper telling me i need to get the Td shot (tetanus/diphteria) in the US (because apparently they dont have that vaccine here -- some people have said tho that if you have a private doctor or such in the philippines you can probably get that shot but it's a bit expensive)

i havent asked how much this Td vaccine costs here so i cant share that info with you...neither do i know how much it costs there

anyhow, just wanted to assure you that the shots is the last thing you should worry about...the people at st luke's have got that covered

goodluck!

how painful is it (the shots) ? :( I'm gonna have my medical on the 12th and i'm scared.. grrrr.. why do we have to go through this... ?! :( :(

(CHECK MY PROFILE INFORMATION FOR COMPLETE SIGNATURE)

August 19, 2006 VISA ON HAND!!!

September 5, 2006- POE @ SFO

September 8, 2006- Applied for SSN

SSN arrived more than a month after.. GRRR!!

November 8, 2006- MARRIED @ San Francisco City Hall

November 21, 2006- Received official marriage certificate

Dec. 19, 2006- sent out AOS

Jan. 3, 2007- Cashed cheques for AOS and EAD

March 15, 2007- AOS interview; APPROVED!!

March 23, 2007- Welcome letter/notice received from mail

March 27, 2007- GREENCARD

Sept 5, 2007 - my first anniversary in the U.S

Jan 30, 2009 - Mailed I-751 removal of conditional residence status

Feb 2, 2009 - Package mailed 10:22 AM at Laguna Niguel, CA (CSC)

Feb 5, 2009 - Check cashed

Feb 26, 2009 Biometrics

The Newlyweds: DJ and PRINCESS

watch clearer version[/color]

mylove.jpg

not at all painful, didnt even feel a thing...relax, if there's anything you should be stressed about it's the interview with the consul...or maybe not even that :yes:

how painful is it (the shots) ? :( I'm gonna have my medical on the 12th and i'm scared.. grrrr.. why do we have to go through this... ?! :( :(

Animated flag courtesy of virtuallandmedia.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.