windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks everyone for the comforting words of not to worry....I did call and inqurired and ext. 5184 explained that there are somethings (what???) need to be verfied. She said it should be released by next week and to call back early next week or she could call my fiance.

PW....I was just kidding when I said you made it worst!!! You are very good at helping everyone and I know your statement was pure facts. I just hope I'm not on AR.

I will keep my fingers and toes crossed and praying for early release and then we can start the wait all over with that AOS papers.

Maylet, I forgot to tell you that the delivery is to be in Tugugeraro, (10 bus ride from Manila).

So maybe 7 days for Delbros to delivery it and also his destination will be Chicago just like yours. Hope to meet you one day!!!

Thanks everyone again and keep the faith and prayers pouring in for me!!!! :crying::crying::crying::crying:

MNL2006820XXX

March 14th (Medical)

March 21st (Interview)

Chicago / Tuguegarao City

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey everybody! quick update, sherwin and i are in florida now!!! yehey!!!! :dance::dance::dance: POE was guam, sherwin was told "welcome to america" :dance: then after a very long flight we arrived in tampa abt 2 pm on march 28. we took continental, after guam, stop in honolulu where u pass thru immigration again and then clear customs, which is very quick, we were only in honolulu abt 1.5 hours and had plenty of time to make connection. take care all, God bless, bernie and she

Hi Bernie, where did you do POE? Guam? Did they take the x-ray there?

yes, POE was guam, x-ray was not asked for at all, although we did hand carry it just in case.

115826537339028.gif

CSC

2006-06-22 I-130 sent to TSC

2006-07-24 received NOA1 from CSC.

2006-09-06 I-130 petition approved!

NVC

2006-09-25 NVC case # assigned

2006-10-02 DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill generated

2006-10-03 Sent AOS fee overnight. emailed agent of choice.

2006-10-04 AOS payment delivered

2006-10-05 Received email confirmation of agent of choice

2006-10-06 NVC posts AOS fee payment

2006-10-09 IV Fee Bill generated

2006-10-12 Affidavit of Support package sent overnight USPS

2006-10-21 IV Fee Bill received

2006-10-23 IV Fee Bill mailed overnight

2006-10-23 Affidavit of Support reviewed

2006-10-24 IV fee delivered

2006-10-30 IV Fee payment posted

2006-10-31 ds-230 generated

2006-11-01 ds-230 mailed to nvc via usps express mail

2006-11-03 nvc received ds-230

2006-11-06 nvc enters ds-230 package into the system

2006-11-08 ds-230 package recieved via snail mail

2006-11-16 nvc case complete

USE Manila

2007-02-05 Packet 4 recvd

2007-03-01/02 medical. complete!

2007-03-14 interview! APPROVED!!

2007-03-20 Visa received!

2007-03-28 Arrival USA, POE Guam

I need some help here my friends. My Fiancee has a friend that just had her medical. A went well until she told the Dr. that she had an abortion. Now they want to send her to a Psychiatrist. She has dealt with the fact that she did what she had to do and moved on. She is scared that they might not give her the visa. Can this keep her from getting her k-1??? We really need to tell her??

Thanks so much for your advise? :help:

DaveandFleur,

I think your friend will fall on this category: Physical and Mental Disorder With associated Harmful Behavior. This category requires EVALUATION. Panel Physician will determine if the applicant have:

a. a physical or mental disorder with associated harmful behavior; or

b. a history of a physical or mental disorder with associated harmful behavior such that the same or a different harmful behavior is likely to occur in the future.

Harmful behavior- for purposes of this examination, a dangerous action or series of actions by the alien that has resulted in injury (psychological or physical) to the alien or another person, or that has threatened the health or safety of the alien or another person, or that has resulted in property damage. In your friend's case-> abortions-> caused injury/death to the fetus/baby.

Physical Disorder - will depend on the Manual of International Classification of Diseases, Injuries, and Causes of Death evaluation of her (ICD-9 or subsequet revision).

Mental Disorder - will depend on the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders evaluation of her (DSM-III-R or subsequent revision).

Required evaluation is necessary (Psychiatrist). I will not elaborate on how they do evaluations. But for reporting results of the evaluation: She will be categorized as Class A or B. Better to be placed on Category B (with History and.... not likely to recur/unlikely to recur, etc...).

A clearance from the Psychiatrist that condition is unlikely to recur is necessary for the Panel Physician to complete their medical exam and forward their results to USEM for the interview.

Hope this info helps.

Helen

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Seriously speaking, what's going on with Delbros nowadays? There's a lot of complaints lately. Maybe it's time to collate data to document the complaints and then we can write the embassy about it.

I agree with you PW.I think the embassy should be aware of that .The delay cause too much anxiety to the people waiting for it.I think the embassy have also a system that once they have done releasing your visa , they should have a tracking too that people can look at , just like the one where we can look for our interview.That will be great if they can do that.It cost alot to call them and you can get anything except an answering machine.

Anyway hope it will became better in the near future.Were on the new age , access to information is very essential...

Just a thought : )

July '06 ---------- -Sent the K1 Application(delay due to overseas assignments).

Aug.07,'06 ---------- My best birthday present for me,visited again.

Sep.15,'06 ---------- RFE IMBRA

Nov.6, '06 ---------- submitted RFE

Nov. 07,'06 ---------- I was given a surprise visit by my babe

Nov. 8,'06 ---------- USCIS got the RFE.

Nov. 14,'06 ---------- Were Approved,NOA2 noticed.

Nov. 21,'06 ----------NOA2 on Snail mail.

Dec. 22,'06 ---------- Called NVC and assigned manila case MNL2006-834XXX

Jan 17,2007----------Recieved pre-interview notice

March 15-----------Medical

March23------Interview

Approved

Filed: Timeline

I need your help everyone..or someone that can convince us that everything will be ok. My baby had her medical recently and all went well until they asked her if she has ever had an abortion. She told them yes and now she has to go to a Psychiatrist, she couldn't lie to the Doctor.

I told her that it was ok and that I still loved her no matter what happened, she had to do what she had to do at the time. As she was not prepared to have a baby. I am just in tears and I hope this doesn't keep her from getting a VISA. Some of you may think that it was completley wrong, but under circumstances at the time she felt it was the best to not bring the baby into the world. I am so sick that the USCIS may judge her wrongly and it makes me so sad for her. I was very understanding with her. I talked to her about it and she seems to have dealt with it mentally and I hope the psychiatrist feels the same way.

I am so sad today and I pray to God that she can still come to meand be my wife. I love her so much.

I need you all.....VJ is my only outlet with this situation....I am a regular here but want to remain anonymous...

Any advice would help me so much :crying:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

^i don't know if admitting to have had an abortion is grounds for visa denial but i know that abortion is illegal in the Philippines.

Fate is building a bridge of chance for the one you love...

K1 (I-129F) to CSC to Manila Embassy, Philippines

Sent : 01-28-2006 / Interview: 09-14-2006 / POE: 10-11-2006 / Applied for SSN card: 11-17-2006 / Received SSN card: 11-27-2006 / Got Hitched: 11-09-2006 !!!

AOS and EAD Application

Sent via USPS Priority: 11-28-2006 / Received @ Chicago: 12-01-2006 / NOA1 AOS & EAD: 12-06-2006 / Biometrics Appt: 12-22-2006 / Interview Date: 03-13-2007 / EAD Card Production Ordered: 02-15-2007 / EAD Card Sent: 02-20-2007 / EAD Card Received: 02-22-2007

[Approved: 03-13-2007 / GC Received: 03-22-2007 / CA License Issued: 04-12-2007 / Removing Conditions: 12-13-2008]

Removing Conditions

Sent via USPS Priority: 12-19-2008 / Received @ CSC: 12-22-2008 / NOA: 12-25-2008 / Biometrics Appt: 01-14-2009 / Card Production ordered: 02-13-2009 / GC Received: sometime in March 2009

Filed: Other Timeline
I need your help everyone..or someone that can convince us that everything will be ok. My baby had her medical recently and all went well until they asked her if she has ever had an abortion. She told them yes and now she has to go to a Psychiatrist, she couldn't lie to the Doctor.

I told her that it was ok and that I still loved her no matter what happened, she had to do what she had to do at the time. As she was not prepared to have a baby. I am just in tears and I hope this doesn't keep her from getting a VISA. Some of you may think that it was completley wrong, but under circumstances at the time she felt it was the best to not bring the baby into the world. I am so sick that the USCIS may judge her wrongly and it makes me so sad for her. I was very understanding with her. I talked to her about it and she seems to have dealt with it mentally and I hope the psychiatrist feels the same way.

I am so sad today and I pray to God that she can still come to meand be my wife. I love her so much.

I need you all.....VJ is my only outlet with this situation....I am a regular here but want to remain anonymous...

Just an opinion...

I don't think its gonna be a ground for denial, thats why she was required to seek consult to a psychiatrist is that for her to have clearance that she has no mental illness or no capacity to do harm to anyone. Its just part of psychiatric test, just like when we were asked if we ever did try to commit suicide, and if we did and we admitted it to them (otherwise they would see the scars anyway, if it had afflicted any. I have a fairly visible scar on my left wrist I got when i was a kid from climbing and slipping a guava tree, it did not elude the scrutiny of the doc, asked me over and over if it wasn't from a suicide attempt, huh?? NEVER! Surely its gonna be a bigger issue and and make another thorough background check hehehe). To them, it just shows how someone deals with problems and situations.

Go see a psychiatrist and get a clearance or whatever the result of the consultation with the Doc and then take the next step, if you have to submit the it to St. Luke's then do so and wait for their next instruction until they dispatch you to have your Interview. I am sure if she proves that she has no evidence of mental or emotional disorder she should be good to go.

Take it easy... but pray hard.

In The USA

05/26/2007 EAD application sent

05/31/2007 Got NOA for (a)(6)

06/01/2007 Applied for SSN

06/02/2007 Wedding

06/14/2007 Received SSN card

06/20/2007 Mailed AOS/EAD Package

07/15/2007 AOS/EAD Package returned due to wrong amount written on the check

07/17/2007 Sent back the package again to Chicago

07/26/2007 Received EAD card (a) (6)

08/06/2007 Biometrics appointment letter received

08/24/2007 Biometrics Appointment

08/24/2007 Request for Initial Evidence (I-797 NOA on I-129)

08/25/2007 Document requested mailed to MSC

09/20/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered!

11/03/2007 Green Card Production Ordered!!!! wowowowow! No Interview

11/09/2007 Green card on hand

08/01/2009 Remove Conditions

GwP8.jpg.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am sorry to hear that. I hope that everything works out for you. My Fiancee has a very close friend that is going through the same thing. If you find anything out let us know....God Bless

7/4/05 - Met

4/16/06 - Went to Visit her in Manila

4/18/06 - Proposed to her at Baloy Beach Resort, Zambales, Subic Bay

4/27/06 - Sent to Nebraska Service Center

5/02/06 - I-129F Filed

10/17/06 - Petition approved in California Service Center and sent to NVC in New Hampshire

12/11/06 - NVC New Hampshire Received Case (FINALLY)!!!!!!

12/12/06 - Called today and got our MNL2006845xxx

12/19/06 - Case Arrive in Manila

02/28/07 - K-1 Packet arrived to my sweety

03/26/07 - CFO Seminar/needs to go back to after interview for sticker

03/29/07 - St Lukes Medical.

04/03/07 - Arrived for second time to be with my sweetheart....

04/11/07 - Interview Date----PASSED with flying colors......St Lukes was a little pain..but we fought em...

05/12/07 - My baby and I got home today POE Seattle Flight home arrived at 11:45AM.

Flight from Manila to Seoul was great, then a 12 hour layover in Seoul, that sucked big time. Flight to Seattle from Seoul was long and the plane was warm too. Once we got to Seattle it was so worth it.

06/08/07 - Got married in Everett WA

07/19/07 - Filed for AOS

10/15/07 - NOA for AOS

12/06/07 - Interview for Green Card approved in Seattle, good for 2 years.

12/18/07 - Green Card in the mail...wooo hoooo...will apply in 2 years for conditions removal.

07/01/08 - We had our first baby..Renae Sofia Reynolds 8 lbs 3oz-C-Section.

Filed: Timeline

Just an opinion...

I don't think its gonna be a ground for denial, thats why she was required to seek consult to a psychiatrist is that for her to have clearance that she has no mental illness or no capacity to do harm to anyone. Its just part of psychiatric test, just like when we were asked if we ever did try to commit suicide, and if we did and we admitted it to them (otherwise they would see the scars anyway, if it had afflicted any. I have a fairly visible scar on my left wrist I got when i was a kid from climbing and slipping a guava tree, it did not elude the scrutiny of the doc, asked me over and over if it wasn't from a suicide attempt, huh?? NEVER! Surely its gonna be a bigger issue and and make another thorough background check hehehe). To them, it just shows how someone deals with problems and situations.

Go see a psychiatrist and get a clearance or whatever the result of the consultation with the Doc and then take the next step, if you have to submit the it to St. Luke's then do so and wait for their next instruction until they dispatch you to have your Interview. I am sure if she proves that she has no evidence of mental or emotional disorder she should be good to go.

Take it easy... but pray hard.

Thank you for your response. She already has an appointment with a psychiatrist, and they told her that they will have the results in time for her interview. She has a really good feeling about it, as she feels she has dealt with it very well. I am sure it's like what you said a psychiatric evaluation to cover the grounds of the physical. They told her that they will have the results in time of her interview and that if they didnt have them available that the consular could call St Lukes for the results. So, it does sounds very positive.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I told her that it was ok and that I still loved her no matter what happened, she had to do what she had to do at the time. As she was not prepared to have a baby. I am just in tears and I hope this doesn't keep her from getting a VISA. Some of you may think that it was completely wrong, but under circumstances at the time she felt it was the best to not bring the baby into the world. I am so sick that the USCIS may judge her wrongly and it makes me so sad for her. I was very understanding with her. I talked to her about it and she seems to have dealt with it mentally and I hope the psychiatrist feels the same way.

I am so sad today and I pray to God that she can still come to me and be my wife. I love her so much.

I personally don't think abortion is reason for Visa denial, nor do I think the embassy will view it that way. Abortion is common in the USA and I think it would be totally hypocritical of the US Embassy to deny a Visa to the United States on the grounds that the beneficiary had an abortion in her past. I can see where it is needed for the beneficiary to be psycologically evaluated. I think that denying this Visa would open up grounds for a lawsuit. She needs to be very careful in what she divulges to the psychiatrist, as words can be twisted, just as well as intent of words spoken.

Ask and you shall receive God's will for you both. As for your fianc'e, in my opinion she has nothing to be ashamed of. Who are we to judge, as that is God's business. It is between her and God. I will pray for you both and wish you victory in your Visa pursuit. You WILL be together soon.

^i don't know if admitting to have had an abortion is grounds for visa denial but i know that abortion is illegal in the Philippines.

Abortion is ABSOLUTELY illegal in the Philippines.

I would advise that women don't even admit to having an abortion. Plus, nobody... and I mean... NOBODY can prove otherwise. It is medically impossible to determine if a woman has had an abortion. It's like telling the cops that you robbed a bank and they have no leads or clues linking you to the crime.

However, this is COMPLETELY my opinion and there is nothing stating that having an abortion is a grounds for denying a visa.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Hoy...

I have set-up another profile for my wife, Jhen aka "Deputy Uling", and placed some info concerning the AOS process. If you are interested [CLICK HERE] and select the signature and story tab. Keep in mind that the AOS process, removing the conditions of residence, and the naturalization process are combined way less stressful than the visa approval process BY A LANDSLIDE. Trust me on this one...

Cheers!!!

Ahmari (Sheriff Uling) and Jhen (Deputy Uling)

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Abortion is ABSOLUTELY illegal in the Philippines.

I would advise that women don't even admit to having an abortion. Plus, nobody... and I mean... NOBODY can prove otherwise. It is medically impossible to determine if a woman has had an abortion. It's like telling the cops that you robbed a bank and they have no leads or clues linking you to the crime.

However, this is COMPLETELY my opinion and there is nothing stating that having an abortion is a grounds for denying a visa.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

I want change my position and piggy-back on vsmtghdy's post because I totally forgot about the psychological aspect of the medical exam that can be introduce if the beneficiary is presumed a POTENTIAL danger to themselves or others. Therefore, breaking the law (Philippine law that abortion is ILLEGAL) and causing harm (death in the case of abortion) can be justified as a legitimate reason for denying a visa (in my opinion). That's why I suggest that beneficiaries omit having had an abortion not unless it was done in a hospital to save the beneficiary's life due to health or medical complications (if the later was the case, I presume SLEC and the USE will require a certified note from the hospital).

Why would you admit to breaking the law, if they can't prove it? Again, there is no medical technology or practice that can determine if women have had an abortion.

Sheriff Uling

p.s. - (REMEMBER) This is complete my opinion and is not substantiated by law or common place work practices at SLEC or the USE.

Well....I guess I will throw in my two cents where its probably not needed. I have a hard time recommending that someone not be honest in any portion of the interview or medical. I could see not bringing up the fact of an abortion if its not asked about by medical staff, but I just don't agree with the blanket statement that you should never admit to having an abortion if you are asked.

Years later there may be no sign of the abortion, but I read a urine test for hormone HCG also remains positive for almost 4-6 weeks after abortion. So what if the girl has an abortion a month before her medical? Then she lies and says she has never been pregnant and never had an abortion. The urine test shows otherwise and she has now lied and would be denied for sure. What if, because an abortion is illegal in the Philippines, she went to a less than professional location to get the abortion and it left her with some scarring that is detected in a medical exam?

I don't know the right answer here. I am only throwing out another angle to facilitate the discussion. I just think if the question is not asked (which I think it probably is asked)....then its don't ask and don't tell. If it's asked....I would be honest. Why would they send someone to a psych eval if it's just the abortion in itself is a ground for denial. Maybe its not, so they need the psych just to make it legal....like a rubber stamp medical opinion to say the girl is a danger to others cuz she can harm the fetus?

We don't know all the facts of this girl's situation....or any other woman's situation in the future. For that reason I am reluctant to say you should never admit to an abortion. Never is a big word and an absolute.

Just an opinion.....and as such....subject to challenge and being proven wrong.

Scott

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Well....I guess I will throw in my two cents where its probably not needed. I have a hard time recommending that someone not be honest in any portion of the interview or medical. I could see not bringing up the fact of an abortion if its not asked about by medical staff, but I just don't agree with the blanket statement that you should never admit to having an abortion if you are asked.

Years later there may be no sign of the abortion, but I read a urine test for hormone HCG also remains positive for almost 4-6 weeks after abortion. So what if the girl has an abortion a month before her medical? Then she lies and says she has never been pregnant and never had an abortion. The urine test shows otherwise and she has now lied and would be denied for sure. What if, because an abortion is illegal in the Philippines, she went to a less than professional location to get the abortion and it left her with some scarring that is detected in a medical exam?

I don't know the right answer here. I am only throwing out another angle to facilitate the discussion. I just think if the question is not asked (which I think it probably is asked)....then its don't ask and don't tell. If it's asked....I would be honest. Why would they send someone to a psych eval if it's just the abortion in itself is a ground for denial. Maybe its not, so they need the psych just to make it legal....like a rubber stamp medical opinion to say the girl is a danger to others cuz she can harm the fetus?

We don't know all the facts of this girl's situation....or any other woman's situation in the future. For that reason I am reluctant to say you should never admit to an abortion. Never is a big word and an absolute.

Just an opinion.....and as such....subject to challenge and being proven wrong.

Scott

I'm no doctor but I expect the hormone levels would remain elevated for some time after a miscarriage as well as an abortion.

As to scarring, I dont think the exam is going to be quite so revealing and it would be very difficult to prove scarring was due to an abortion, DNC's are legal.

Edited by Alanlvsjudy

July 17 2006 Sent I-129F to TSC

July 19 2006 packet received by TSC

July 27 2006 case received at CSC

July 28 2006 touched (to process/send NOA1)

Aug 01 2006 check cashed

Aug 05 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Oct 03 2006 Touched (RFE sent)

Oct 10 2006 RFE received and responded to

Oct 17 2006 Touched (CSC reply to RFE response)

Nov 06 2006 NOA2

Nov 21 2006 NVC sent to Manila

Blah

Blur

Drone

March 27 2007 Interview

April 02 2007 Visa delivered

April 05 2007 Happiness delivered

April 06 2007 First day of the rest of our lives

"There they go! I must hurry and catch them, for I am their leader."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.