windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

My flight is tonight at 10pm ,PAL ,non stop flight to LAX... ill see u tonight mari :) at the airport.

Good luck to all of US and GOD bless us always!

fel

Best wishes on your flight tonight, Fel! Give my regards to Mari as well! :star:

hi jinky! thank u so much!havent replied ur text msg hehe i used up all my load before i left....im using roming # now.

we had a safe trip and thank for all the prayers and wishes this family did and gave us. this site encouraged me well to go on with my journey calmly and confidently...million thanks,,,,,ill be needing u guys still so im expecting more help soon.

regards,

fel

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dean, Just getting back from the interview (15 Feb) and here was our experience at the interview. Both the pre-screener and CO had more questions for me than Maria. Neither had an issue with me answering the questions they asked Maria if there seemed to be confusion in the question. Some of the questions were 2-3 part questions and general, leaving it to us to figure out waht they were asking... do not be afraid to ask them exactly waht do they want.

Most questions were centered around the relationship; 1) When did you first meet? 2) How did you meet? 3) Are you happy with this relationship? 4) How long have you had a relationship?

We met through mutual friends so there were questions about how we knew them: 1) How do you both know this couple? 2) How did they introduce you?

Bottom line, it more a converstation then an interrogation and was relatively easy compared to the preparing of documents and the waiting. The prescreener was more concerned with the documents and organinzing them in the proper order for the CO.

We saw people in the waiting area filling out their 134 and some were turned away because they di not pay the visa application fee at the bank. VJ members were well prepared. Ken & Maria

Oops I forgot I wanted to ask one more thing and it wouldn't let me edit my post. I will attend Sheryl's interview. What questions did the CO have for you specifically?

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

Hello Everyone, I find myself here with nobody to talk to about this and hope that some of you possibly will be able to shed some insight into this serious issue for me. My wife has been here now in the USA for 18 days. I have tried to be the best husband that I can possibly be. I take her places, out to dinner and even cook gourmet dinners for us. I am an indepenent broker and my office is in my home. My day's are somewhat busy and sometimes hectic from 8:00am to about 7:00pm Monday through Friday. Since my wife arrived here, I have made a point to take a few hours away from my work. My wife seemed to be sad and unhappy over the last few days. She is not the type of person to say what is bothering her or complain. I finally got her to tell me what is bothering her. It seems that she is feeking lonely and scared. She has made numerous comments that our neighborhood is very quiet and she rarely sees anyone outside. She relys on me for transportation, as she has not taken her driving exam yet. I live in a community next to the ocean, so its about a two or 3 mile drive for shopping, dining, etc. The biggest problem she describes to me is she is scared here. She isn't sleeping at night. She says it is because she is scared, as she hears noises above the master bedroom of which is upstairs. She thinks it is a spirit or a ghost walking around up there! I am serious, she thinks this. I hear things also and I have explained to her that it is the rustling of the very tall Palm trees outside our house. It is always windy or breezy here, as our house is a stones throw from the Atlantic Ocean. My wife is a smart person and well educated, so that isn't an issue. I respect her culture and beliefs and know that this fear is real to her.

This is serious and to the point that she wants to return to the Philippines. She is lonely and scared and I just don't know what to do. All of you have become like an internet family to me, so I am hoping that possibly some of you can share experiences or shed some insight into this issue for me. I am very frustrated, as I don't know what else to say or do. You can send me a private message if you prefer. Thanks, Glenn

Hi Glenn,

I think that it happens to everyone to more or less a degree. Did you both talk about how your daily lives would be together? During the period apart, how much time did you spend on the phone or chatting online? My fiancee will be here this coming Friday and I'm currently waiting tables at night (3 days a week) in addition to my full time job - so I'm concerned about how the transition will be for her, but we talk about it all the time. Keep in mind, she's left EVERYTHING behind her, she's not only in a strange neighborhood but a strange country as well. If she can't drive right away, show her the public transportation system so that she has a way to get out of that house that will quickly feel like a prison to her if it doesn't already.

Expectations are so important. I would sit down and have a heart to heart talk. Make some immediate goals that will help her to feel comfortable (introducing her to some of the neighbors, introduce her to your friends, get involved with your church, find a network of Filipino Americans nearby that she can communicate with). Then I'd talk about long term goals (getting her driver's license, signing up for classes at a local college, etc.). Whatever the main plan was that you both had imagined, in terms of your lives together - that has to be ironed out where both of you have a good idea of what to expect.

Just try to put yourself in her place and imagine what you would need to do to keep your sanity. Going back home is NOT the solution and both of you need to believe that. The transition is going to be painful and there's no way to get around it, but tell yourselves that it is temporary. Eventually you will both form a life together that feels comfortable.

Don't despair. Best wishes! :star:

We have been married since December 2005. I visited her twice for 6 weeks prior to our marriage and I met her in Manila 3 times for 2 to 4 weeks during 2006. We chatted or talked on the phone everyday since the first time we met. I let her know before we married that my business life was not only a busy one, but very hectic most of the time. I think she is somewhat surprised at the way I do business, as there is a lot of emotion at times. But, that is just the nature of my business.

I wish desperatley that I knew Filipinos here. I know there are many here, but haven't a clue on how she can meet them? I appreciate your concern and feedback.

Hi,

This is a VERY important topic and should have a special place in VJ for folks to browse.

You should check at different establishments in the nearest town looking for Philipino owners and employees to talk to and call the chamber of commerence about philipino groups or clubs in the area.

I was at a Century 21 real estate office in my little town (Cave Junction, OR) telling a friend there about my relationship with Lorna..... She then mentioned that a filipina lady worked there at the office and to come with her to meet her.

Well we talked for a while and I asked her about philipino food stores and she mentioned that there is a giant group of philipinos in my area. They had a giant club that spans a few counties with 100's of folks. They even have a monthly calander they send out to members on activities for each month.

They meet for dinner, go on trips, recreation, concerts.... all kinds of things. I'm planning on gertting Lorna into this club... for support and doing things with other philipinos. I will go sometimes and sometimes she can go maybe with a friend she meets there. I think that will be perfect.

I'm also thinking about enrolling her in a couple of classes at the communitty college to brush up on her english, learn american culture and history and take a class on being a health care provider since that is what she thinks she would like to do.

There's a few ideas I have come up with. I hope others give you some input as I think this is very important matter for our wives.

Lorna thinks it will be no problem making the change in her life but I think she's in for a big surprise so I'm trying to make some plans....

And I womder how many other ladies are having similar problems as you buy aren't talking about it, because of their filipina shyness and culture.

God luck and be praying for a solution.....

Mike

Edited by dims1

2_us1.JPG

May 1,2006 Went to Philippines and married my sweety.

----------------------------------

Case completed at NVC 12-01-06 Yaaaaay

Received Interview date notice Feb 6

Physical Feb 20-21 (Went well!)

Interview date March 19"

Be sure to print out a copy of silly girls famous ST. Lukes step by step story.... Its fantastic and made it incredibly easy for my wife to go through the 2 day procedure. I will go find it and put a link.... here it is:

http://www.raymonddouglas.com/visa/medical.pdf

Do yourself a favor and print this out and take it with you to your physical....You'll be glad you did!!

Entered USA 06/06/2007

-----------------------------------------

Naturalization

Sent N-400 on 3/11/10

They received 3/15/10

Cashed Check 3/19/10

Received NOA 3/29/10

Received bio notice 4/05/10

Early biometrics 4/14/10 different from

the date assigned (Original BIO date was 4/27)

Received interview date notice 5/19

Interview 6/24

Oath 8/13 Done.... and DONE!!!! :-)

Booking online directly with PAL was $560 including the government tax, one-way to Honolulu. We paid the 1620P at the airport. Considering you are going to LA, this is still a good price. We did not get the "first time immigrant fee" because it was bought online according to PAL... if you want the "first time immigrant fee" I suggest buying your tickets in the PI through agencies such as this one.

Good luck to everyone, Ken & Maria

Yeah its a great price and I called several agencies and the price difference is around $70-150.

Timeline:

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

Dean, been in the PI for a couple of weeks and this may have already been answered. That week in Holy week, so I would not wait untitl that week. Once your fiancee gets her packet 4 with the medical appointment letter, she can go at anytime prior to her scheduled date. Since things either come to a crawl or stop completely during Holy week and Easter, I suggest going earlier. Good Luck, Ken & Maria

BTW, Does anyone knows if St Luke's open on the 5th and 6th of April? Just curious if those who are schedule on the 4th would need to go back on the 5th?... or better yet, is anyone planning to go medical on that week? I supposed thats a long weekend for everybody in the Ph?

Timeline:

Windchaser, thanks for starting the list again. I hope all is not lost. I'm busy preparing for my medical exam which is scheduled tomorrow, Monday. Iwill not be able to get hold of a computer til Tuesday.

Friends, just list down all of your info ~ NOA2, Embassy receipt date, packet receipt date, interview date, Manila case number, your home state, fiance's hometown. I'll try to get the list back up again on Tuesday.

KTMguy, the proof of payment will be recorded on the DS 156 or DS 157 form (I'm not sure now which form). When your fiancee is ready to make the payment, make sure she brings the two forms to the bank with her.

hi im tet and im a new member here!! im so thankful i find this site,its so interesting!! and i have some questions here and hope guys to here answers from you..it would help me alot! i just want to ask on how many days does the medical exam takes? and in presenting the proof our relationship,is it ok to bring a hard disk for our chats? :help:

Hi tet and welcome.... Be sure to print out a copy of silly girls famous ST. Lukes step bt step story.... Its fantastice and made it incedibly easy for my wife to go through the 2 day procedure. I will go find it and put a link.... here it is:

Its 6 pages with a step by step and maps of each room to help get you through the process easily! You will love it!

Good luck, Mike

Edited by dims1

2_us1.JPG

May 1,2006 Went to Philippines and married my sweety.

----------------------------------

Case completed at NVC 12-01-06 Yaaaaay

Received Interview date notice Feb 6

Physical Feb 20-21 (Went well!)

Interview date March 19"

Be sure to print out a copy of silly girls famous ST. Lukes step by step story.... Its fantastic and made it incredibly easy for my wife to go through the 2 day procedure. I will go find it and put a link.... here it is:

Do yourself a favor and print this out and take it with you to your physical....You'll be glad you did!!

Entered USA 06/06/2007

-----------------------------------------

Naturalization

Sent N-400 on 3/11/10

They received 3/15/10

Cashed Check 3/19/10

Received NOA 3/29/10

Received bio notice 4/05/10

Early biometrics 4/14/10 different from

the date assigned (Original BIO date was 4/27)

Received interview date notice 5/19

Interview 6/24

Oath 8/13 Done.... and DONE!!!! :-)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Glenn,

I think that it happens to everyone to more or less a degree. Did you both talk about how your daily lives would be together? During the period apart, how much time did you spend on the phone or chatting online? My fiancee will be here this coming Friday and I'm currently waiting tables at night (3 days a week) in addition to my full time job - so I'm concerned about how the transition will be for her, but we talk about it all the time. Keep in mind, she's left EVERYTHING behind her, she's not only in a strange neighborhood but a strange country as well. If she can't drive right away, show her the public transportation system so that she has a way to get out of that house that will quickly feel like a prison to her if it doesn't already.

Expectations are so important. I would sit down and have a heart to heart talk. Make some immediate goals that will help her to feel comfortable (introducing her to some of the neighbors, introduce her to your friends, get involved with your church, find a network of Filipino Americans nearby that she can communicate with). Then I'd talk about long term goals (getting her driver's license, signing up for classes at a local college, etc.). Whatever the main plan was that you both had imagined, in terms of your lives together - that has to be ironed out where both of you have a good idea of what to expect.

Just try to put yourself in her place and imagine what you would need to do to keep your sanity. Going back home is NOT the solution and both of you need to believe that. The transition is going to be painful and there's no way to get around it, but tell yourselves that it is temporary. Eventually you will both form a life together that feels comfortable.

Don't despair. Best wishes! :star:

We have been married since December 2005. I visited her twice for 6 weeks prior to our marriage and I met her in Manila 3 times for 2 to 4 weeks during 2006. We chatted or talked on the phone everyday since the first time we met. I let her know before we married that my business life was not only a busy one, but very hectic most of the time. I think she is somewhat surprised at the way I do business, as there is a lot of emotion at times. But, that is just the nature of my business.

I wish desperatley that I knew Filipinos here. I know there are many here, but haven't a clue on how she can meet them? I appreciate your concern and feedback.

Check with some of the 'old-timers' here on VJ (Trevor, Jasman) - there are websites for Filipino's throughout America to connect. I'm sure there's got to be some Filipino's not too far away, but even if they are in another state, at least she'll have some familiarity just a phone call away - people who've gone through the process already and can lend a sympathetic ear. What was your social life like before she came here? What was her social life like? What I've learned from my fiancee is that Filipino's are very sociallable - they celebrate birthdays and weddings like nobody else. My hunch is that she's going to need that here as well - at least to some degree.

I don't want to sound like I'm a marriage counselor but if your work schedule is such that it doesn't allow you enough time to spend with your wife, I'd recommend really thinking of ways you can reduce your working hours or work load or you're going to be in a real predicament with your marriage. Add to the fact that you and your wife have never really lived together here in the states and she's coming from a different culture, with no family or friends close by for support.

Anyhow, I hope you can come up with some solutions soon. :star: Best wishes! :star:

Hi Soul,

The quote i referenced if for a filipino now married Period!! You see thats the problem with their rules...it does not state this is for a filipino marrying another...it just states married....then goes on to say as you have post additional rules....they contradict one another. I'm interested though to know how you come to understnad thier intent and meanng? I'm speaking from experience...we have done this already...the cfo seminar IS NOT REQUIRED. As you said...that is for FIRST time passport holders. We are talking about amending the passport to reflect married name. Now different offices through out the philippines seem to tell you different things...but again from experience if you go in and insist you most likely will get your way. Jasmin insisted on a NEW passport with married name...and got it...the cfo was NEVER asked for. This debate came up last year when we were going to get new passport. But odds are...that you WILL NOT have to attend the seminar to get amendment in passport....i can't comment on thier intent..as i dont think they even know what the intent is! I do agree that everyone should just go and get the seminar done ahead of time...one less thing to worry about later!

Jazzy

also from the dfa website pertainint to applying for a passport:

3. For fiancees of foreign nationals and spouses of foreign nationals who were married at least six months prior to their application for a passport:

a.) Original and photocopy of the Guidance and counseling Certificate from the Commission on

Filipinos Overseas

from dfa website news release:

Under the DFA Department Orders No. 28-94 and 11-97, Filipino spouses and other partners of foreign nationals are required to attend guidance and counseling program as a pre-requisite of issuance of passports. The objective is to help the said clientele make informed decisions and prepare them for the realities of cross-cultural marriages.

After the receipt of the passport and visa, the Filipino spouses and other partners of foreign nationals will have to register with CFO prior to their departure. An emigrant registration sticker is affixed to the emigrant’s passport as proof of registration.

http://www.dfa.gov.ph/news/pr/pr2005/mar/pr146.htm

now true the dfa website has it listed under 1st time passport apps, but that is not the intent they had and philippine govt will follow intent much more readily than the us govt will. the quote you have from dfa sight is in reference to woman that married another filipino. the dfa wouldn't assume that just because a women had a passport prior to marrying a foreign national she meets the objective of the cfo guidance and counseling. if you already have a passport and will be using that passport to leave the philippines then np, just attend cfo before you leave. but if you don't have a passport yet you will be told to attend cfo 1st. if you do have a passport but want to change it to your married name then most likely you will be told to attend cfo 1st depending on how familiar the clerk is with these regs, how many cups of coffee they had already, how close it is to lunch time, etc etc. but the bottom line is that their intent is that if you are getting a passport in your married name and your spouse is a foreign national then, odds are, you will be told to attend cfo 1st because that was their intent.

easiest thing to do, attend cfo 1st so you'll be prepared either way

4-26-06 Married Cebu, Philippines

I-130 (wife & step daughter)

5-05-06 sent

5-08-06 received

5-20-06 Noa#1 (notice date)

5-25-06 Noa#1 (mail recieved)

5-31-06 (touched)

7-12-06 (touched) received email....cases transfered to CSC

7-13-06 (touched)

7-17-06 received NOA in mail (transfer notice)

7-19-06 CSC received petitions

7-20-06 (touched)

7-21-06 (touched)

7-22-06 (touched)

8-03-06 APPROVED (via email)

8-04-06 (touched)

8-06-06 (touched)

8-08-06 received NOA#2 in mail(sent to NVC)

NVC

8-17-06 NVC received and assigned case #s

8-28-06 ds-3032 and aos bill generated (sent out same day)

9-06-06 ds-3032 accepted (email) - resent for cr-2

9-18-06 IV bills received and express mailed

9-20-06 received AOS in mail

9-21-06 AOS sent

9-23-06 (touched)...weird

9-25-06 ds-230 generated

9-30-06 ds-230 received in mail

10-3-06 ds-230 mailed to nvc

10-17-06 CASE COMPLETE!!!

12-26-06 Case sent to manila

12-30-06 Rececieved Packet 4

2-01-07 St. Lukes complete

2-8-07 INTERVIEW!!!!!! AR-need to submit photos of step daughter

2-10-07 Mailed photos to embassy

2-13-07 Photos arrive at embassy

2-21-07 Photos made it out of mail room to case worker!!

3-07-07 Delbros text...VISAS released from embassy

3-09-07 VISAS IN HAND!!!!!!!!

3-29-07 Arrived in Newark (POE)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hey guys, just a quick question here, is there a number at the US Embassy here in Manila that you can call to check the status of your visa after you have been interviewed? I am kinda wondering if there is such a number aside from the call center number that they have. Any information you guys can provide will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

hello karen,remember me?i remember u well :)

the embassy will not entertain questions unless u have a written inquery,that's what is said on their site. Frank sent a letter (fax) asking for early release of our visa and it was released on feb 20,after my interview last feb 16. delbros delivered it on feb 23 and i flew to US. I couldnt believe im here now with my honey ;) here's the contact numbers.hope this helps u:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwhnv10.html

i wish u luck for ur journey!

Hey Fel, who could have forgotten YOU and all those LOVELY PEOPLE at the dinnner that we had? Hehehe. Thanks for the information anyway, I'll try to tell my fiance what you guys have done and maybe we may opt to do that as well. But don't you think its to early? I just had my interview February 21, I'm still kinda thinking of waiting until tommorow February 27, if I still don't get any news from Delbros then I guess that's the time to send them a written inquiry. By the way, do you mind sharing to me the letter that you guys sent to the embassy? Thanks is advance.

Best wishes to you both!

Edited by kar3n

"Love is missing someone whenever you're apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you're close in the heart."

TIMELINE

05-11-2006 Filed I-129F

05-19-2006 CSC Received the Case

06-23-2006 RFE (07-03-2006 e-mail)

08-01-2006 Received response for RFE (08-02-2006 e-mail)

09-12-2006 RFE (09-12-2006 e-mail)

09-27-2006 Received response for RFE (09-28-2006 e-mail)

10-16-2006 Case Approved by CSC (10-18-2006 e-mail)

11-03-2006 NVC Received the Inquiry about the case and just recently forwarded the case in Manila (MNL2006805***)

11-08-2006 Called USE-Manila, Received files electronically

11-18-2006 Called USE-Manila, Received actual files

12-21-2006 Packet 4 Received

01-10-2007 & 01-11-2007 SLEC Medical Examination (Done ahead of the Original Schedule of February 14, 2007)

02-21-2007 Interview (APPROVED!)

02-28-2007 VISA ON HAND!

03-01-2007 CFO Completed

03-10-2007 Flight to US (LAX as POE)

Timeline
Hello Everyone, I find myself here with nobody to talk to about this and hope that some of you possibly will be able to shed some insight into this serious issue for me. My wife has been here now in the USA for 18 days. I have tried to be the best husband that I can possibly be. I take her places, out to dinner and even cook gourmet dinners for us. I am an indepenent broker and my office is in my home. My day's are somewhat busy and sometimes hectic from 8:00am to about 7:00pm Monday through Friday. Since my wife arrived here, I have made a point to take a few hours away from my work. My wife seemed to be sad and unhappy over the last few days. She is not the type of person to say what is bothering her or complain. I finally got her to tell me what is bothering her. It seems that she is feeking lonely and scared. She has made numerous comments that our neighborhood is very quiet and she rarely sees anyone outside. She relys on me for transportation, as she has not taken her driving exam yet. I live in a community next to the ocean, so its about a two or 3 mile drive for shopping, dining, etc. The biggest problem she describes to me is she is scared here. She isn't sleeping at night. She says it is because she is scared, as she hears noises above the master bedroom of which is upstairs. She thinks it is a spirit or a ghost walking around up there! I am serious, she thinks this. I hear things also and I have explained to her that it is the rustling of the very tall Palm trees outside our house. It is always windy or breezy here, as our house is a stones throw from the Atlantic Ocean. My wife is a smart person and well educated, so that isn't an issue. I respect her culture and beliefs and know that this fear is real to her.

This is serious and to the point that she wants to return to the Philippines. She is lonely and scared and I just don't know what to do. All of you have become like an internet family to me, so I am hoping that possibly some of you can share experiences or shed some insight into this issue for me. I am very frustrated, as I don't know what else to say or do. You can send me a private message if you prefer. Thanks, Glenn

Glenn, I too am self employed and we plan on my sweetie working with me as she was doing something very similar in Philippines. I can recall when I went overseas during my military service period, and was very uncomfortable about everything when I was off base. It is just a matter of time for her to settle down. In the mean time try to keep her occuppied. Is there anything she can do to help you? Do you have a yard, perhaps she likes to garden. Let her cook all the meals, or most of them. If you work out, get her to work out with you, that way she will be tired and perhaps not hear the trees rustling in the wind. In short try to keep her busy and tired at the end of the day so she can rest.

As the others have suggested try finding other filipinos for her to visit with and they will be able to help her get over this initial period of fright. Another thought is to help her get a job, even if it is part time, just to keep her occuppied.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out as all of us will be going thru the same thing soon.

Dean

Timeline
:dance::dance:My Sweetheart's Interview was APPROVED!!! Thank you all for your prayers and advices. Congrats to all who have passed today as well... :dance::dance:

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2006-06-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-07-12

I-129F RFE(s) : 2006-09-13

RFE Reply(s) : 2006-09-16

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-09-26

NVC Received : Approx. 2006-10-10

Consulate Received : 2006-10-18

Packet 4 Received : 2007-01-08

Medical Interview Date: 2007-02-16

Interview Date : 2007-02-26 APPROVED!

Flew to Washington: 2007-04-06

Wedding day!!: 2007-05-28

Timeline

Glen and Rosemarie

Here is a link that may be able to help the two of you out some. With this link, you can find all sorts of Philippines businesses in the US and perhaps meet some other Filipinos near you? Maybe, having some Philippines dishes/food, TV or whatever may be able to help break the loneliness. Some cable TV subscribers also have a Philippines TV channel or 2, on their network or as a premium channel. Satellite TV usually also has some Philippines TV channels too. Some newspapers from PI also have Internet sites where she can catchup on the news.

http://www.filipino-americans.com/usa_stores.html

Just another thought: While you are at work. . . . is there a driving school that she can attend? I believe that Sears (at least here) and some other places will have a driving schools. The instructor would pick her up in one of those modified cars (you remember the ones with 2 steering wheels and sets of brake?). My understanding is that, that is the normal practices for those schools. (It is just a thought.)

To help keep her from getting board, how about getting her some study guides to get her a G.E.D, since some schools or business may not recognize her Philippines education? Just another though.

Please keep us informed about what happens? Perhaps your experience with this important event could help some one else out too?

Best of Luck!

Timeline

Glen and Rosemarie

Here are 3 businesses with the same Jacksonville telephone area codes.

J-LYN'S ORIENTAL STORE 6106 103 ST JACKSONVILLE FL 904 778 9777

Myre Asian Market 11900 Atlantic Blvd Jacksonville FL (904)270-0303

Five Rings (USA) 201 Horseman Club Rd Palatka FL (904) 312-9788

Perhaps you two could check out one of thse resturants?

Aurea’s Philippine Cruisine 10916 Atlantic Blvd Jacksonville FL (904) 996-8662

ISLAND CAFE, INC. SUITE 650 REGENCY MALL JACKSONVILLE FL (904) 855-0018

Pampanguena Phil. Homestyle Cooking 2292 Mayport Rd Ste 8 Jacksonville FL (904) 246-0099

---------------------

At that link which I included with my previous post, I found a store near my place (less than 2 miles away) that I never even knew it existed. The address on the link was wrong, because they recently moved a few blocks away, but they still had the same phone number. :dance:

Timeline

Glen and rosemarie,

I live in jacksonville FL. and there is a philipino hangout on atlantic Blvd. accross from brumos car dealers called Rusty's grill They have alot of couples there on thursday,friday,saturday night and they have kareokee and buffet style food.

Maybe you can go there and meet some nice couples and help with the homesickness and all will be ok.

My fiancee isnt here yet but when she gets here we plan to go there on occasion to get to know others that have been through this process.

They have good food and are very nice people.

phili.gifflorida.gif

Cheap long distance---> http://www.talkloop.com/ref/ref.aspx?l=D145D6D060D5688 FREE $2.50 credit

Timeline

Well we are on AR i believe its only because she needs to go back on tuesday for registration of birth of our baby and they wont finalize one without the other.

They didnt tell her we needed any other documents or anything just said to wait until they contact her.

She did pay delbros for delivery so we will know more tommorrow on what else is needed.

phili.gifflorida.gif

Cheap long distance---> http://www.talkloop.com/ref/ref.aspx?l=D145D6D060D5688 FREE $2.50 credit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.