windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just a quick question. My sweety has her Interview on April 11th and we are so excited. Does anyone here have an idea when Delbro will deliver her VISA. I would like to start shopping for airfare for her. I have been a member here many months. I sent the I-129F in May of last year. It will be an 11 month process. I am so thankful for VJ. It has really been great support. I am sure she will pass her interview, we are more than ready. I just sent the I-134 to her 2 days ago FEDEX.

If possible, knowing her interview is April 11th. When is it safe to get her ticket and can I buy one online....E-Ticket, how should I buy the ticket?

Thanks and hugs to you all, and congrats to all the approved VISA's

:dance:

7/4/05 - Met

4/16/06 - Went to Visit her in Manila

4/18/06 - Proposed to her at Baloy Beach Resort, Zambales, Subic Bay

4/27/06 - Sent to Nebraska Service Center

5/02/06 - I-129F Filed

10/17/06 - Petition approved in California Service Center and sent to NVC in New Hampshire

12/11/06 - NVC New Hampshire Received Case (FINALLY)!!!!!!

12/12/06 - Called today and got our MNL2006845xxx

12/19/06 - Case Arrive in Manila

02/28/07 - K-1 Packet arrived to my sweety

03/26/07 - CFO Seminar/needs to go back to after interview for sticker

03/29/07 - St Lukes Medical.

04/03/07 - Arrived for second time to be with my sweetheart....

04/11/07 - Interview Date----PASSED with flying colors......St Lukes was a little pain..but we fought em...

05/12/07 - My baby and I got home today POE Seattle Flight home arrived at 11:45AM.

Flight from Manila to Seoul was great, then a 12 hour layover in Seoul, that sucked big time. Flight to Seattle from Seoul was long and the plane was warm too. Once we got to Seattle it was so worth it.

06/08/07 - Got married in Everett WA

07/19/07 - Filed for AOS

10/15/07 - NOA for AOS

12/06/07 - Interview for Green Card approved in Seattle, good for 2 years.

12/18/07 - Green Card in the mail...wooo hoooo...will apply in 2 years for conditions removal.

07/01/08 - We had our first baby..Renae Sofia Reynolds 8 lbs 3oz-C-Section.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well PW, here is the update I have waited 3 years to report. Visa pick up at the embassy today Feb 22!!

Yesterday Luz woke me up early and said she made a mistake when she filled out the Delbros forms. She mistakenly put the wrong number down for our case number. When I tried to call the embassy to see if I could fix it they said that our case was still with the CO and had not been approved yet. Of course I freaked out. I told Luz, "pack an overnight bag, were going to Manila!". We got to Manila at 1:30PM and went straight to the embassy. I asked to speak to a CO. The lady at window X said that they were just running behind issuing the visas because of the holiday on monday. I thought the best thing to do to avoid problems with the mixed up numbers would be to ask for a pick-up on the visa. The lady gave me a piece of paper and said to write a request for the expidite and the pick up. I did as she asked and we checked into a hotel for the night. This morning the embassy called and said to come in and pick the visa's up!!! WOOT!!! Next step is to get the airplane tickets and for Luz and Robin to go the the CFO. They will come to America the first week of April!!!!

Also, Ken and Maria texed Luz and said that their visa was delivered today. You can update them as well. It was delivered to Angeles City after a 7 day wait.

Timeline
Well PW, here is the update I have waited 3 years to report. Visa pick up at the embassy today Feb 22!!

Yesterday Luz woke me up early and said she made a mistake when she filled out the Delbros forms. She mistakenly put the wrong number down for our case number. When I tried to call the embassy to see if I could fix it they said that our case was still with the CO and had not been approved yet. Of course I freaked out. I told Luz, "pack an overnight bag, were going to Manila!". We got to Manila at 1:30PM and went straight to the embassy. I asked to speak to a CO. The lady at window X said that they were just running behind issuing the visas because of the holiday on monday. I thought the best thing to do to avoid problems with the mixed up numbers would be to ask for a pick-up on the visa. The lady gave me a piece of paper and said to write a request for the expidite and the pick up. I did as she asked and we checked into a hotel for the night. This morning the embassy called and said to come in and pick the visa's up!!! WOOT!!! Next step is to get the airplane tickets and for Luz and Robin to go the the CFO. They will come to America the first week of April!!!!

Also, Ken and Maria texed Luz and said that their visa was delivered today. You can update them as well. It was delivered to Angeles City after a 7 day wait.

SUPER DOOPER....CONGRATS!!!!!!!

7/4/05 - Met

4/16/06 - Went to Visit her in Manila

4/18/06 - Proposed to her at Baloy Beach Resort, Zambales, Subic Bay

4/27/06 - Sent to Nebraska Service Center

5/02/06 - I-129F Filed

10/17/06 - Petition approved in California Service Center and sent to NVC in New Hampshire

12/11/06 - NVC New Hampshire Received Case (FINALLY)!!!!!!

12/12/06 - Called today and got our MNL2006845xxx

12/19/06 - Case Arrive in Manila

02/28/07 - K-1 Packet arrived to my sweety

03/26/07 - CFO Seminar/needs to go back to after interview for sticker

03/29/07 - St Lukes Medical.

04/03/07 - Arrived for second time to be with my sweetheart....

04/11/07 - Interview Date----PASSED with flying colors......St Lukes was a little pain..but we fought em...

05/12/07 - My baby and I got home today POE Seattle Flight home arrived at 11:45AM.

Flight from Manila to Seoul was great, then a 12 hour layover in Seoul, that sucked big time. Flight to Seattle from Seoul was long and the plane was warm too. Once we got to Seattle it was so worth it.

06/08/07 - Got married in Everett WA

07/19/07 - Filed for AOS

10/15/07 - NOA for AOS

12/06/07 - Interview for Green Card approved in Seattle, good for 2 years.

12/18/07 - Green Card in the mail...wooo hoooo...will apply in 2 years for conditions removal.

07/01/08 - We had our first baby..Renae Sofia Reynolds 8 lbs 3oz-C-Section.

Timeline

Hi Gary. I saw you and Luzy at the embassy this morning,I even saw you kissed the passports hahaha. I was at the back of Luzy,I was gonna approach you but I didn't have the energy,I was starving. But,congrats though. Have a safe trip back to America,same with Luzy and her son.

Christina

November 13,2006- Called NVC and gave me our case number

November 14,2006- NVC forwarded case to Manila Embassy

November 22,2006- US Embassy Manila recieved my case, and said wait till 1-6 months for the interview date

Feb 2007-interview approved

March 1'07- Visa delivered

April 3'07-Las Vegas, Nevada

April 15'07- Orlando, Florida

April 20- Wedding

April 23'07- France

June 5'07- Back to Florida and file for AOS

Hi Gary. I saw you and Luzy at the embassy this morning,I even saw you kissed the passports hahaha. I was at the back of Luzy,I was gonna approach you but I didn't have the energy,I was starving. But,congrats though. Have a safe trip back to America,same with Luzy and her son.

Christina

We were wondering if any VJ'rs were there! You should have said hello!

Well???? How did your interview go? Good news I hope!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Christina

We were wondering if any VJ'rs were there! You should have said hello!

Well???? How did your interview go? Good news I hope!

CONGRATS Luz & Gary ! We all wish you the very best !!!!! And THANKS again for all you help !

Met online April 2004

Went to Mumbai to meet Poonam Sept. 2004

Sept. 2004 thru April 2006 ongoing relationship

Went back to Mumbai April 2006

Engagement April 2006

Nov.-Dec. 2006 went to Mumbai

K-1 Journey*

08-02-06 mailed I-129F

08-15-06 NOA1

08-18-06 touched

10-05-06 NOA2 (51 Days)

10-06-06 touched

10-07-06 touched

10-16-06 Received hardcopy of NOA2 in the mail

10-19-06 NVC received my petition (Please hurry, so she can be here for Christmas)

10-26-06 Received NVC letter stating it was sent to Mumbai (Letter dated 10-23-06)

12-09-06 Never received Packet 3, So we downloaded and sent to embassy

02-02-07 INTERVIEW (Missed 1st interview, waiting on new interview date)

04-02-07 New INTERVIEW Date.

04-02-07 APPROVED !!!!!

04-27-07 ARRIVED IN U.S.

ticker.png

Congrats Gary and Luzy and though it's late, just wanna say you guys are awesome, it was nice meeting you and the rest of the vj'ers... have a safe trip

04-14-06 - engaged

04-28-06 - I129f to TSC

05-09-06 - noa1 from CSC

09-29-06 - this case has been APPROVED on 09-28-06 (yessss thank you Dear God)

10-02-06 - got the NOA2 (snail mail)

10-18-06 - email from NVC gave us the case #MNL2006789xxx

10-21-06 - got the NVC letter (snail mail)

10-25-06 - mnl rec'd the case

12-29-06 - got my packet 4

01-25 & 26-07 - medical

02-16-07 - interview APPROVED!!! (Thank you Dear God)

02/23/07 - visa on hand (Thanks God)

03-01-07 - in my honey's arms (Thanks God)

03-09-07 - applied SSN

03-14-07 - got married

03-27-07 - got my SSN Card

05-04-07 - TD shot

AOS

05-26-07 - mailed AOS

05-28-07 - delivered on May 28, 2007 at 8:01 PM in CHICAGO, IL

06-01-07 - NOA1

06-19-07 - RFE (page 3 of form I-864)

06-26-07 - Biometrics

07-03-07 - touch (they got my RFE)

07-18-07 - case transferred to CSC

07-23-07 - application received at CSC

07/31/07 - card production ordered & welcome letter

08/06/07 - got my GC... yepeeeey (67 days from NOA1)

I-751 Removal of Condition

05-15-09 - mailed (VSC)

05-16-09 - delivered @ 12:07pm per usps website

05-20-09 - check cashed

05-28-09 - got my NOA/Extension letter (dated 05-18-09)

06-03-09 - got my Biometric schedule (on 06-17-09)

Timeline

Christina

yep,everything went ok, I was waiting for my name to be called at window 37 when I saw you guys. But I was really hungry that time...At least I saw you already in person hehehe

Good luck on your upcoming marriage...

Edited by macky

November 13,2006- Called NVC and gave me our case number

November 14,2006- NVC forwarded case to Manila Embassy

November 22,2006- US Embassy Manila recieved my case, and said wait till 1-6 months for the interview date

Feb 2007-interview approved

March 1'07- Visa delivered

April 3'07-Las Vegas, Nevada

April 15'07- Orlando, Florida

April 20- Wedding

April 23'07- France

June 5'07- Back to Florida and file for AOS

Timeline

Hi everyone! Update: I GOT MY VISA TODAY :dance::dance: I got so worried because of my ticket reservation and thanks to ate Ana (Steve-n-Ana) for DELBROS' number. I called them and asked them if i can pick up the visa and they said yes! :dance: I have my Visa and booked my ticket already! yey!

Another question though: I cant open the envelope or even try to open it, right? but my envelope has an opening already. :wacko: here, I've attached a pic

post-26132-1172144005_thumb.jpg

"Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further

from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will."

* July 19 '06 - I-129F Sent to TSC

* Aug. 08 '06 - NOA1 Received

* Sept. 19 '06 - NOA2 Approved

* Sept. 24 '06 - NOA2 Received

* Oct. 12 '06 - Left NVC and Sent to USE in Manila

* Oct. 18 '06 - Received the Letter fr. NVC

* Oct. 23 '06 - USE in Manila Received our Case

* Dec. 22 '06 - Packet 4

* Jan. 24 '06 - CFO Seminar

* Jan.25-26 '07- Medical Exam

* Feb. 15 '07 - INTERVIEW (APPROVED!)

* Feb. 22 '07 - Visa Recieved

* March 2 '07 - Fly to San Francisco to meet my Munchkins!!!

* March 7 '07 - Fly together to Memphis (Home)

* March 15 '07 - Wedding Day

AOS Journey

* May 22 '07 - AOS Sent to Chicago

* May 23 '07 - Chicago Received

* May 29 '07 - NOA1 Received

* June 18 '07 - Biometrics

* July 16 '07 - Case Transferred to CSC

Hi everyone! Update: I GOT MY VISA TODAY :dance::dance: I got so worried because of my ticket reservation and thanks to ate Ana (Steve-n-Ana) for DELBROS' number. I called them and asked them if i can pick up the visa and they said yes! :dance: I have my Visa and booked my ticket already! yey!

Another question though: I cant open the envelope or even try to open it, right? but my envelope has an opening already. :wacko: here, I've attached a pic

Thats right, don't even try to open it. The corner is cut off so they can see your passport number. Thats how they know who's packet is who's.

Hi Thersch,

Yes, Kuya Gary is right ... don't try to open the packet, the corner cut of the envelope is to checked if your case# in your visa that attached to your passport are same as it shows on the papers inside.

Sis Cora.

Just to confirm, Your vaccination record that St. Lukes will give to you is needed on your AOS processing as long as with the Xray film, because the medical exams in PI is 1 year validity. In processing of AOS in US morely alot of registered doctor's clinic, are making money telling you need a new medical exams for AOS, but this is NOT TRUE, because 1 yr validity still covered even you decided after 6 months you enter US and within 3months after you mary in US, so you have 3 months more to apply your AOS.

Handcarry it just to make sure like i Hawaii, that its been asked ... other than VJ members i've known and even me here in ATL, they never asked for it, even if you offer it to the officer at POE, they will said you have your medical results already in your packet so no need.

Some people here, decided to process their AOS even their visa's expired because of expensive to do so for that time for them, just be NOTED that you should be AWARE, about the medical copy you got (x-ray film & vaccine), xray film will shows that, your cleared and no need for anoher medical. Your vaccination record, you need this to be transfered for the form I-693A to update your vaccine, for K2 - my son did for skin test for TB he is 5 yrs old then. For me i only took tdshot which is not offered in St. Lukes and my 2nd MMR shots. Expiring your medical records from St. Lukes since you took your medical exams in Manila, will be very expensive doing it again here in US. So far, the most expensive part of life in US is MEDICAL/DENTAL - as i've told to Ate Luzy, bawal magkasakit at sumakit ang ipin dito, hehehehe :D

Tip: Do your vaccine shots, in your community clinic here in US so it won't be that expensive. Td shot is free, if you need 2nd MMR thats the only one you gonna pay. Kid's are free as well. Or if your husband could add you as soon to his medical insurance, it would be more convenient. Updating your vaccine record here, call every doctor's clinic in your area, don't let be fooled by registered clinic, be ware for korean,chinese, more asian doctor - those are soemtimes who doesn't knew anything about updating medical records for AOS processing, explain them just need a transfer to update your vaccine. Visit the clinic you choosed, give them your vaccine record from St. Lukes and the new one from US clinic you got the tdshot or other shots you need and also the Xray film from St. lukes. It's generally cost $25 for transfering your updated vaccines.

If you have questions in AOS, I could be a help in a way what I had only experienced here. god bless & all the best fo luck to all!

-rebelheart- (F)

Edited by rebelheart

07-13-06 - K1/K2 AOS/EAD sent

11-04-06 - 2 NOA's transfer to CSC

11-17-06 - "K1 APPROVED AOS" no interview

11-27-06 - "K1 - GREENCARD" rcvd.

01-23-07 - K2 GREENCARD rcvd.

08-20-08 - I-751 sent to Texas Service Center, transfer to VSC

08-26-08 - I-751 NOA1 & 1yr. Extension letter

09-18-08 - I-751 NOA2 - Biometrics Appointment Notice

03-11-09 - I-751 transfer from VSC to CSC!

05-13-09 - I-751 APPROVED

06-24-09 - card production ordered

08-20-09 - N400 - Citizenship Application

08-24-09 - NOA notice date

08-28-09 - NOA in mailbox

09-10-09 - email asking for more evidence

09-14-09 - Biometrics NOA date

09-18-09 - Biometrics Letter arrived in mailbox

10-09-09 - Biometrics Schedule

10-14-09 - Notice date of the yellow letter

10-30-09 - touched online for "testing & interview"

11-03-09 - IL received in mailbox

12-07-09 - "PASSED" Interview & it's my Hubby Bday too!

04-17-10 - Oath letter received in mailbox

05-14-10 - Judicial Oath atlast! in Atl

110 days - Application to Interview

158 days - Interview to Judicial Oath

268 days - Total processing days for my N400

someone posted in another thread to hand carry the X Ray coz they asked for it at the at their POE in Hawaii. everything I've read or heard is you don't need to hand carry the X ray. I told Yazi to put it her in checked in. I just want to check to be sure, do you need to hand carry the X-ray?

I read that too Roy and I wondered about that. I also wonder why St. Lukes would now ask for POE when they did not do that before. I called them today and all they can say is that the embassy requires them to ask for POE.

So, I'm thinking that maybe if a lady puts Honolulu as POE, they would advise her to handcarry her X-ray and for other POEs, x-ray can be checked-in? Or maybe, the immigration guy at POE made a mistake and took the x-ray? Wow, this is really confusing now.

For those who have recently entered the US, please let us know if your x-rays were taken at POE and where your POE is.

Regarding I-94 (arrival card), ladies please make sure that your I-94 is stapled in your passport. You will need that at AOS. I read in another forum last year that a US immigration guy trashed the I-94 of a K-1 because he said "she does not need it" but the girl insisted on getting the I-94 and indeed it was required at AOS. It's hard to get another copy of I-94 so please make sure you have I-94 before you leave immigration counter.

Happy trip to all who are saying goodbye to the Philippines tomorrow. There are 3 or 4 ladies I believe who are travelling tomorrow.

Have a safe journey!

Hello,

I entered US last Dec.12,2006 at LAX and they didn't even ask for the x-ray.All they want is the brown envelope from the embassy.Hope this helps.

Timeline

Thats right, don't even try to open it. The corner is cut off so they can see your passport number. Thats how they know who's packet is who's.

Hi Thersch,

Yes, Kuya Gary is right ... don't try to open the packet, the corner cut of the envelope is to checked if your case# in your visa that attached to your passport are same as it shows on the papers inside.

Thanks guys! :) Im not even gonna think about opening it.. lol

Happy Trip to my friends Fel and Mari! Ingats mo! Im gonna miss you guys!

"Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further

from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will."

* July 19 '06 - I-129F Sent to TSC

* Aug. 08 '06 - NOA1 Received

* Sept. 19 '06 - NOA2 Approved

* Sept. 24 '06 - NOA2 Received

* Oct. 12 '06 - Left NVC and Sent to USE in Manila

* Oct. 18 '06 - Received the Letter fr. NVC

* Oct. 23 '06 - USE in Manila Received our Case

* Dec. 22 '06 - Packet 4

* Jan. 24 '06 - CFO Seminar

* Jan.25-26 '07- Medical Exam

* Feb. 15 '07 - INTERVIEW (APPROVED!)

* Feb. 22 '07 - Visa Recieved

* March 2 '07 - Fly to San Francisco to meet my Munchkins!!!

* March 7 '07 - Fly together to Memphis (Home)

* March 15 '07 - Wedding Day

AOS Journey

* May 22 '07 - AOS Sent to Chicago

* May 23 '07 - Chicago Received

* May 29 '07 - NOA1 Received

* June 18 '07 - Biometrics

* July 16 '07 - Case Transferred to CSC

WOW THIS THREAD HAS 400 pages now and almost 6000 posts!

Thanks to all the good people that contribute and help their brothers and sisters. God has many rich blessings in store for you that help the lost and scared. Thank you and may during this Lent may you truly come to know God better.

Edited by Birdysboy

Met Tita 2004-10-31

I-129F Sent 2006-03-22 - Tita Arrives 2007-03-14 (360 days total)

Civil Marriage 2007-03-23

Catholic Ceremony in Philippines January 2011

Applied for Citizenship May 02, 2012

Citizenship Oath Election Day November 6, 2012

Hoping to retire in Philippines 2022

Glory to God in all things for his Timeline is always perfect

Post # 6000 :dance:

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.