windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

hi all esplly to PW,

im back! had a hard time connecting online... :blink:

to lebby, goodluck on ur interview sis :)

to el, nice meeting u in iligan city & at st. luke, she was with joy from cagayan de oro and a manila girl whom el met in st. luke's too...el is too friendly like julie ann,erichu,steve-n-ana, thersch and luzy c...met them all! would like to meet others too.

to luzy c., i didnt make it to the WOF get-together act...wish i could make it now in vj!

marichu,ana and thessa,ill see u again, had a lot of fun being with u guys...miz u ol!

& good luck to our interviews ;)

just one query:

my name is a "hit" on nbi records but they put "no record on file"...should i still secure explaination from nbi why my name hits?

it's really me on the record...about the DOST scholarship...scholars are not allowed to go abroad unless they have returned service for them for 2 years...unfortunately, i didnt availed the scholarship. With supporting certificate from DOST stating that i didnt avail it, nbi released a clearance for me.

ill bring the certificate during my interview. Would this be enough to support my nbi clearance or it would not be needed? im afraid of AR for this . it really bothers me...

thanks,

fel

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my name is a "hit" on nbi records but they put "no record on file"...should i still secure explaination from nbi why my name hits?

it's really me on the record...about the DOST scholarship...scholars are not allowed to go abroad unless they have returned service for them for 2 years...unfortunately, i didnt availed the scholarship. With supporting certificate from DOST stating that i didnt avail it, nbi released a clearance for me.

ill bring the certificate during my interview. Would this be enough to support my nbi clearance or it would not be needed? im afraid of AR for this . it really bothers me...

Hi Fel,

Only the four (4) notations below require a letter of explanation from NBI:

1) No Criminal Record

2) No Criminal Conviction

3) No Pending Case

4) With Derogatory Record

NBI will not issue a letter unless your notation is one of the 4 mentioned above. I tried to get a letter last year from NBI to explain "No Derogatory Record" because I wanted to cover all bases but NBI refused. Ang kulit ko no? :blush:

Oh, by the way, did you put the purpose for NBI clearance as "for travel to USA" or "for travel abroad"? I think NBI has different notations for different purposes.

I suggest bringing your certificate from DOST just in case.

I hope you can join us in our get-together.

PW

:thumbs:

about the travel tax, is that paid when you pick up the ticket or at the airport when you depart?

If you purchase the ticket in the Philippines, I believe the travel tax is included in the purchase price. If you purchased the ticket yourself and forward the ticket to her, then the travel tax can be paid at the airport before she flies.

thanks!

good luck to all those with interviews next week. hope to see approvals soon from sbwolf and lebby.

PW,I think we all try to help out in some way. it's part of the community spirit of this thread. but it pales in comparison the time and effort you have given to this thread. You and the Sheriff are the :star::star: of the Manila Embassy Thread. :yes::thumbs:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Hi Fel,

Only the four (4) notations below require a letter of explanation from NBI:

1) No Criminal Record

2) No Criminal Conviction

3) No Pending Case

4) With Derogatory Record

NBI will not issue a letter unless your notation is one of the 4 mentioned above. I tried to get a letter last year from NBI to explain "No Derogatory Record" because I wanted to cover all bases but NBI refused. Ang kulit ko no? :blush:

Oh, by the way, did you put the purpose for NBI clearance as "for travel to USA" or "for travel abroad"? I think NBI has different notations for different purposes.

I suggest bringing your certificate from DOST just in case.

I hope you can join us in our get-together.

PW

thanks pw,

ur always there to count on that's why i wanna meet u and the other guys...im with marichu (erichu) on the 15th and we'll be meeting the rest of the members too when i get to manila..erichu told me about this get together when we were still in manila so we r looking forward to this act :)

anyway,ill be bringing my certificate for sure...oh im soooo excited! wish they will grant pick up for me...could anybody give me a good reason for the consul to allow pick up?my fiance wouldnt be around...can he call the embassy after my interview to let me pick up?hehe if he's allowed.

or, ill just tell them, im staying with my parents the rest of my stay here in manticao, punta silum (our beach house) , and my parents are just new here in the province...for sure delivery would be a problem! mmmmmm got a plane ticket already :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee's medical is coming up this friday. I printed her a post regarding what to bring with her for the medical. On this list, were 3 passport pictures. We wonder if there is a difference between the passport pictures and visa pictures that we submitted with her K1 petition. Is the specifications for the passport pictures are the ones that came with the packet 4 documents? i recall while i was in PI that there were instructions on the photos. Aloha for your responses.

Aug 1, 2006 Submit I-129F petition
Aug 4 - Cali Service Center received
Aug 15 - NOA1
Aug 22 - Touched
Oct 3 - Touched
Oct 4 - Touched
Oct 5 - NOA2..Yey
Oct 7 - Touched
Oct 19 - NVC received petition
Oct 20 - Manila Embassy received..Yey
Feb 16, 2007 - Interview
Feb 24 - VISA in hand
Mar 10 - POE at Honolulu Int. Airport
Mar 20 - Civil Wedding
Mar 23 - Marriage Certificate Ready for Pickup
March 30 - Pick up Marriage Certificate & Filed SSN
April 02 - Mailed AOS & EAD
April 08 - AOS & EAD received by USCIS
April 12- SSN Card (indicating married name) arrives at mail
April 13 - NOA1 (AOS & EAD)
April 17 - Checks cashed (AOS & EAD)
May 5 - Biometrics Appointment
June 19 – AOS Interview
June 21 - Card in production. AOS approved
July 2 - Received AOS/EAD (white card)
Aug 18 - Beach Wedding (formal ceremony)

Filed: Timeline
My fiancee's medical is coming up this friday. I printed her a post regarding what to bring with her for the medical. On this list, were 3 passport pictures. We wonder if there is a difference between the passport pictures and visa pictures that we submitted with her K1 petition. Is the specifications for the passport pictures are the ones that came with the packet 4 documents? i recall while i was in PI that there were instructions on the photos. Aloha for your responses.

Hai there!

when i went to my medical at st lukes i brought 3 passport pictures of me but thats not what they need(glad i have 4 2x2 pictures on my wallet,tell ur fiancee to bring 3 2x2 pictures not passport size or visa size picture,goodluck!

they would be same as submitted with petition.

size 2"x2" ( 5cm x5cm ) frontal view

Timeline

I have a couple questions for the interview.

1. Does it matter how old my fiancee's birth certificate is from the NSO office? Does it need to be recent like less than 6 months since issuance?

2. Also, I have never been married, do i need to submit a CENOMAR from the states also for her interview?

thanks!!

9/13/06 I-129F submitted to NSC---The wait begins...

9/14/06 I-129F packet received by NSC

9/25/06 Check cashed :) NOA 1 Yay!!

12/07/06 NOA2 via email!!! The one and only touch since my NOA1

12/11/06 NOA2 arrives in the mail ^_^ Now we wait for it to go to NVC then to the embassy!

12/27/06 Email from NVC with my new case number ^_^ MNL200686xxxx. Now to wait for it to go to the embassy

1/08/07 MNL rec'd packet

1/24/07 Fiance receives instruction packet. Hoping interview packet comes soon

3/03/07 Packet 4 received

4/18/07 INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED!!!!

4/23/07 Received VISA

4/30/07 CFO completed

5/4/07 Flight back to the USA

5/4/07 Arrived in LAX

7/7/07 Wedding DAY!!

hi b.d.,

i had my medical exam last jan 25, and these were asked from me:

-photocopy of the appointment letter(this would be submitted to them along with ur results)

-passport (photocopy ur passport for keeps, u may need it when u fill up the ds156, if ur not done w/ it yet)

-3 visa pics(2x2 pics)

+dnt forget a ballpen :)

the guard will ask the appointment letter, both the original & the photocopy, they will stamp the original then keep it for interview...the copied one will be attached to the forms they will give u along with ur passport and prepare a visa pic with ur name at the back.The guard will give u the number for the reception area but after u fill up the forms (check properly if all checked items were answered) u can directly have a video capturing of ur face :) the other 2 visa pics will be asked when u get the result on the second day. dnt forget to write ur name at the back.

after the reception area---run fast! i arrived at 8:30 cos i came from DFA to retrieve my renewed passport, but i was first to finish than those who came earlier...vick's el came at 6:30, but i finished earlier than her :) i went first to the floor where people were too many, the xray (3rd flr) then when i went to 4th flr for blood test/urine, there were only 6 of us :) that made us work fast...

1st day is firt come first served bases...names are called in groups.when ur name is called last, run fast so u will come first on line,others may not be around cos they will have lunch, i suggest bring biscuitS with u..time wasted would not be regained...it s worth to sacrifice for a day, in exchange for a life with ur love one eternally :) hehe u may have ur lunch and just come back right away...tell them that ur name has called and ull be entertained right away.

2nd day is not cos it depends on the person working on ur result...luzy c. came very early than me on the 2nd day for her son's vaccination and result , i went there at 12:30(they will tell u when to come back), had my vaccination after her son was called and got my result ahead of her around 5pm :)

well, the effort we exerted were all the same, finished earlier or late doesnt matter...what matters most is that we finished it with a big smile in our faces :) it s worth the waiting !

fel

p.s.

i still want to scream out loud! mmm after the interview, scream with me mari ok? :)

ingatz

I have a couple questions for the interview.

1. Does it matter how old my fiancee's birth certificate is from the NSO office? Does it need to be recent like less than 6 months since issuance?

2. Also, I have never been married, do i need to submit a CENOMAR from the states also for her interview?

thanks!!

as far as I know, the birth cetificate does not need to be less than six months old. that's for the NBI Clearance and Cenomar.

on the second question, only the visa applicant needs to submit a Cenomar. I don't think anything similar even exists in the US.

Hai there!

when i went to my medical at st lukes i brought 3 passport pictures of me but thats not what they need(glad i have 4 2x2 pictures on my wallet,tell ur fiancee to bring 3 2x2 pictures not passport size or visa size picture,goodluck!

Per the Packet 4 passport photo instructions on page 8, the dimensions of the passport photos specificly required/request 2x2 size prints. If the beneficiary's passport photos are not to specifications, SLEC will request that the beneficiary goes to the local photo shot to acquire them.

Sherriff Uling

Edited by Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Timeline

Anyone know what exactly this means??? Thats what our updates is on the Delbros site. It would appear that the visa is made?

2/5/2007 3:49:08 PM SHIPMENT PROCESS IN THE EMBASSY

Good luck to everyone that is still waiting on thier interviews.

S&T

3/11/06 - 3/26/06 Visited my baby in the PI's

3/29/06 - K1 packet recieved at NSC

6/01/06 - Redirected to CSC

6/14/06 - CSC e-mailed confirmation on the reciept of file

6/23/06 - They they sent the IMBRA RFE

7/03/06 - The emailed that the IMBRA RFE went out on 6/23/06

7/03/06 - I received IMBRA RFE

7/05/06 - Touched

7/06/06 - Delivery Confirmation from the Post Office RFE recieved

7/11/06 - Email notification from CSC that IMBRA RFE Recieved

7/12/06 - Touched (but was to respond to an email that only said 'request recieved and will be processed within 30 days. argh)

7/13/06 - Touched

NOA2 September 11!!!

10/18/06 - Received at Embassy

12/23/06 - Recieved package with interview/medical schedule

01/08/06 - CFO interview/(pre-departure class) Complete

1/11/07 & 1/12/07 Medical complete

02/05/07 - Interview!!!

2/7/07 (2/8/07 manila) - Informed we are approved...3 days after interview.

2/12/07 Visa Received

2/16/07 Baby arrives in US!!!!!

4/14/07 Wedding

4/21/07 Filed AOS

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Anyone know what exactly this means??? Thats what our updates is on the Delbros site. It would appear that the visa is made?

S&T

That doesn't mean that the Visa is sent. It only means that your delivery payment was sent to Delbros by the Embassy. When the Visa is released by the Embassy the site will say "Visa Released by Embassy to Delbros" and "Shipment out for Delivery." My wife received her visa last week in Cagayan de Oro. It took exactly 7 calendar days from the interview to be delivered. It was delivered two days after the Delbros site updated to show receipt of the visa from the embassy. I hope this helps.

Timeline

Thank you for the update. Guess I will pay attention to delbros site. She lives in Metro Manila so hopefully it will not take to long for delivery! We are so excited to finish up the arrangements.

I know, with this entire process, one step at a time.

S&T

S&T

That doesn't mean that the Visa is sent. It only means that your delivery payment was sent to Delbros by the Embassy. When the Visa is released by the Embassy the site will say "Visa Released by Embassy to Delbros" and "Shipment out for Delivery." My wife received her visa last week in Cagayan de Oro. It took exactly 7 calendar days from the interview to be delivered. It was delivered two days after the Delbros site updated to show receipt of the visa from the embassy. I hope this helps.

3/11/06 - 3/26/06 Visited my baby in the PI's

3/29/06 - K1 packet recieved at NSC

6/01/06 - Redirected to CSC

6/14/06 - CSC e-mailed confirmation on the reciept of file

6/23/06 - They they sent the IMBRA RFE

7/03/06 - The emailed that the IMBRA RFE went out on 6/23/06

7/03/06 - I received IMBRA RFE

7/05/06 - Touched

7/06/06 - Delivery Confirmation from the Post Office RFE recieved

7/11/06 - Email notification from CSC that IMBRA RFE Recieved

7/12/06 - Touched (but was to respond to an email that only said 'request recieved and will be processed within 30 days. argh)

7/13/06 - Touched

NOA2 September 11!!!

10/18/06 - Received at Embassy

12/23/06 - Recieved package with interview/medical schedule

01/08/06 - CFO interview/(pre-departure class) Complete

1/11/07 & 1/12/07 Medical complete

02/05/07 - Interview!!!

2/7/07 (2/8/07 manila) - Informed we are approved...3 days after interview.

2/12/07 Visa Received

2/16/07 Baby arrives in US!!!!!

4/14/07 Wedding

4/21/07 Filed AOS

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thank you for the update. Guess I will pay attention to delbros site. She lives in Metro Manila so hopefully it will not take to long for delivery! We are so excited to finish up the arrangements.

I know, with this entire process, one step at a time.

S&T

S&T

In Metro Manila I think she should get the Visa by Friday. Most are 5 calendar days from what I have seen. Congratulations and good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.