windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Hey Sheriff,

I did not read your notice and was upset when I did not find your name in the member list. I thought you unsubscribed from VJ. Glad to know you're still here.

LOL! I'm not going anywhere... Glad to know someone still cares. :D:P

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Sheriff,

I did not read your notice and was upset when I did not find your name in the member list. I thought you unsubscribed from VJ. Glad to know you're still here.

Me care? Who cares! :P:D LOL.... Cheers! (sound familiar to you?)

as of 09 Jan 07

Phil-Am K1 Information…

Pre NOA2

(K1 Introduction) - If you are just starting your K1 visa journey, please check out this information provided by the Department of State (DOS) on the K1 visa experience (CLICK HERE). I found this information very insightful when I first started. Please note that the “How to Apply for a Social Security Number Card” section is incorrect because K1 visa beneficiaries may ONLY apply for a SSN card upon arriving into the United States. Please also review VJ's K1 guide (CLICK HERE)

(Case Status) - Once you have filed your case and received your case number, please register on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website using the Case Status Online Tool to receive emailed updates concerning your case (CLICK HERE). NOTE: If you want emailed updates to multiple addresses then you must create multiple customer portfolio accounts. When your petition is approval (NOA2), this tool is of no further use to you until after the beneficiary arrives in the states, get’s married, applies for the Adjustment of Status (AOS), Employment Authorization Document, (EAD), and/or Advance Parole (AP) because this tool does not track the activity being performed at the National Visa Center (NVC) or the Manila Embassy.

Post NOA2

(1). The National Visa Center (NVC) number is within my signature. NVC assigns your case number once your case is approved (NOA2). They also may perform a preliminary background check from what I’ve read then forwards your package/case to the Manila Embassy. This process usually takes anywhere from 14 – 30 days.

(2). The Manila Embassy (USE) Packet 4, the phone number, a visa interview testimony, along with a sample Appointment Letter are within my signature block. NOTE: Packet 4 can be acquired from the Manila Embassy website which gives directions on what documents are required by the beneficiary for the visa interview. Starting 01 November 2006, ALL nonimmigrant visa applicants must use the online Electronic Visa Application Form (EVAF) to complete the DS-156 (Nonimmigrant Visa Application). To date, only the DS-156 has the barcode (on the first and last page) and is the ONLY form available online at http://evisaforms.state.gov. However, the USE is now including the form DS-156 with the barcodes as part of Packet 4. You may complete the DS-156K (Nonimmigrant Fiancé(e) Visa Application) and the DS-157 (Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application) (this is the form the bank validates when you pay the visa application fee) via the computer, type-writer, or handwritten. If you need to call the Manila Embassy, dial 0 for the operator, and ask for the Immigrant Visa Unit. The average interview appointment is assigned approximately 100 – 150 days from the receipt of your package from the NVC. Beneficiaries are now sent a letter of receipt from the USE once their physical files are received. However, this is NOT Packet 3 because the Manila Embassy ONLY issues Packet 4, and the letter of receipt is not always sent to the beneficiaries. Please also check out this instructional visa interview information (CLICK HERE) (Thx Sillygirl)

(3).The Department of State (DOS) number is within my signature. After your case is approved (NOA2) and reaches the Manila Embassy, you may call DOS instead on the Manila Embassy to obtain status of your case and make inquiries concerning your interview date. NOTE: DOS has no direct participation in the K1 process.

(4). The Visa Interview Appointments website is within my signature (the beneficiary's interview appointment and medical exam will be scheduled by the USE). NOTE: Please do NOT press enter after the case number is entered because that will not yield a result. Please click on the "Check Appointment" tab. If the appointments have been scheduled, the following will be available: Case Number, Visa Classification, St. Luke’s appointment Date, and Embassy Appointment Date, but if the appointments are NOT scheduled yet, the result will be "Case Number Not Found on Appointment List."

(5). St. Luke’s Extension Clinic (SLEC) information is within my signature. SLEC is where the beneficiary goes to take the medical exam and vaccination. The process takes two days: Day 1 is the medical exam (the beneficiary's passport will be taken and sent to the USE along with the medical exam results) and; Day 2 is the vaccination (the beneficiary will be given the x-ray film and the vaccination worksheet/record). NOTE: If the Manila Embassy does not mail the beneficiary the K1 Visa Packet and Appointment Letter, then call SLEC to arrange to pick them up at SLEC. Be advised, the beneficiary's medical exam will be scheduled one week before the visa interview by the USE. Per the Manila Embassy Thread, we recommend that the beneficiary takes the medical exam anywhere from 2 weeks to a month before the interview to ensure the results are available for the Consular Officer and to prepare in the unfortunate event of unfavorable medical results. The beneficiary may reschedule the appointment with SLEC or walk-in with the appointment letter and/or NOA2 (don't forget to bring the passport and medical exam fee).

(6). The DELBROS website is within my signature. DELBROS is the company responsible for delivering the beneficiary’s Visa and POE information. The DELBROS delivery fee is paid subsequent to the beneficiary’s visa interview at the Manila Embassy. Per the Manila Embassy website, the current delivery fee/time is as follows:

* Metro Manila Areas, 135 Philippine Pesos, Delivered one (1) to three (3) business days after release of visaed passport to the courier

* Provincial Key Cities (ex. Cebu City, Davao City, etc.) 165 Philippine Pesos; Delivered three (3) to five (5) business days after release of visaed passport to the courier

* Outside Provincial Key Cities, (ex. Capiz, Leyte, Bukidnon, etc.), Cost depends on area/location, Delivered five (5) to seven (7) business days after release of visaed passport to the courier

NOTE: Per the DELBROS staff, the Manila Embassy can take as much as three (3) business days to release the visa and POE package, which is NOT included in the deliver times above. You may also call the Manila Embassy, dial 0 for the operator, and ask for Delbros, after the visa is approve, to acquire about the status of your visa delivery.

(7). CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminars are held in Manila and Cebu, with the corresponding links within my signature. The beneficiary may attend whichever location is more convenient. "Per Republic Act 8239 and Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Order 28-94, Filipinos proceeding abroad as fiancé(e)s and spouses of foreign nationals are required to attend the CFO's guidance and counseling programs... " For more info (CLICK HERE). NOTE: This requirement is not stated within the K1 packet. However, the beneficiary can NOT travel without receiving the Guidance and Counseling Certificate and subsequent CFO stamp on the visa. Please check out this instructional information on the PRISM Guidance and Counceling Seminar experience (CLICK HERE) (Thx Sillygirl)

(8). The I-94 Arrival / Departure Form is within my signature. Foreigners (beneficiaries) complete the I-94 and the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer stamps the applicant’s visa and the arrival and departure portions of the I-94 at the Port of Entry (POE) when entering the States. The CBP Officer will keep the arrival portion and staple the departure portion of the I-94 to your visa where they stamped the beneficiaries arrival date. You will need this for the Adjustment of Status process. NOTE: Even though it’s simple, I have supplied this so you will know what it looks like and what is required to be filled out.

Cheers!!!

Ahmari & Jhen

NOTE: The red text indicates the recent updates/chages. Please let me know if there are any suggestions. I have also correlated the numbers above to my signature below.

Edited by Sheriff Uling

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Hey Sheriff,

Me care? Who cares! :P:D LOL.... Cheers! (sound familiar to you?)

I thought that you forgot about that... LOL!!! :whistle::D:lol:

Filed: Timeline
I just realized that our NOA2 is now over 4 months old. Do I need to contact the USE and tell them to renew it?

Gary, I would call just to be on the safe side.....with the Manila Embassy you just never know.

How's the smoking cessation coming along? I am battling that habit as I type

I just realized that our NOA2 is now over 4 months old. Do I need to contact the USE and tell them to renew it?

Gary, I would call just to be on the safe side.....with the Manila Embassy you just never know.

I am still battling it as well. Still wearing the patch, still getting that nag when I see someone smoking. This is the tough part. Staying stopped.

I'm faxing this letter when we get closer.

extend_approval.doc

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm in the same situation, NOA2 expires 1/17 and interview is 2/13, so I'm giong to fax a letter requesting an extension just for good measure.

Check this out if you haven't already. It's in regards to the Frankfurt embassy, but who know when they all might start doing this.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49057

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Check this out if you haven't already. It's in regards to the Frankfurt embassy, but who know when they all might start doing this.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49057

Great link! Somewhere in my research it was suggested that the petitioner should send another letter of intent (besides the one that accompanies the I-129) for the visa submission. So that's what we did... just to cover all basis.

Timeline
I am still battling it as well. Still wearing the patch, still getting that nag when I see someone smoking. This is the tough part. Staying stopped.

Guys, I smoked 3-4 packs per day for 45 years (over 50,000 packs). I was so addicted, I refused to go anywhere I couldn't smoke. I finally quit last July (at Lilia's request). I have had no relapses and no cheating. I only used Nicorette gum and Commit lozenges. Granted, I chewed gum like a maniac and augmented with lozenges at first, but it worked. If I can quit, ANYBODY can quit. I feel so much better since I quit and there is no doubt it will lengthen my life. Good luck and stay with it.

Edited by robhankins

03/20/2006 - I-129F - Sent FedEX

03/28/2006 - NOA 1 (Receipt) - NOA issued from CSC

07/03/2006 - RFE (Receipt) - RFE Received

07/07/2006 - RFE and Waiver Request - RFE arrived at CSC

09/01/2006 - NOA2 - USCIS Email - Approved w/Waiver

09/22/2006 - Electronic Version - Manila - Embassy Received

12/13/2006 - Packet 4 Received via DHL

12/21/2007 - Medical St. Lukes

12/22/2006 - St. Luke's canceled medical in progress - required additional tests in Jan for upper respiratory congestion.

12/28/2006 - Interview Canceled because of congestion and cough during medical at St. Lukes

01/09/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/10/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/11/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/12/2007 - St. Luke's for pulmonary exam - EVERYTHING CLEAR

01/15/2007 - St. Luke's for vaccinations and release of medical to USE

02/26/2007 - Interview APPROVED - 11+ months for K1 Visa

03/05/2007 - Visa in hand

03/05/2007 - CFO Completed

03/06/2007 - Arrived in Dallas

04/29/2007 - Married in Dallas

Timeline

Guys, I smoked 3-4 packs per day for 45 years (over 50,000 packs). I was so addicted, I refused to go anywhere I couldn't smoke. I finally quit last July (at Lilia's request). I have had no relapses and no cheating. I only used Nicorette gum and Commit lozenges. Granted, I chewed gum like a maniac and augmented with lozenges at first, but it worked. If I can quit, ANYBODY can quit. I feel so much better since I quit and there is no doubt it will lengthen my life. Good luck and stay with it.

You quit after 45 years? Holy #######!

I quit after 15 or so years. One of the hardest things I have ever done, but if I can anyone can.

It killed my Daddy, he died at the young age of 59.

Mama died ultimately of cigarettes.

Nasty habit, stinks so bad now.

Met Tita 2004-10-31

I-129F Sent 2006-03-22 - Tita Arrives 2007-03-14 (360 days total)

Civil Marriage 2007-03-23

Catholic Ceremony in Philippines January 2011

Applied for Citizenship May 02, 2012

Citizenship Oath Election Day November 6, 2012

Hoping to retire in Philippines 2022

Glory to God in all things for his Timeline is always perfect

Great link! Somewhere in my research it was suggested that the petitioner should send another letter of intent (besides the one that accompanies the I-129) for the visa submission. So that's what we did... just to cover all basis.

Exactly what we did also. Printed out the same letters of intent but with changed dates within a month of the interview. We never did the request for extention of I-129F, but ours was only out-of-date by ONE day at the interview.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.