windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Steve3656...

Question: Do you know if they still require a bank account letter for the interview or is that optional.

Answer: Yes! The instructions for the I-134 state that:

"The sponsor must submit in duplicate evidence of incomeand resources, as appropriate:

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions where you have deposits...

.........1. Date account opened;

.........2. Total amount deposited for the past year;

.........3. Present balance.

B. Statement of your employer on business stationery, revealing:

.........1. Date and nature of employment;

.........2. Salary paid;

.........3. Whether the position is temporary or permanent.

C. If self-employed:

.........1. Copy of last income tax return filed

.........2. Report of commercial rating concern.

D. List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s)."

NOTE: Most sponsors do NOT submit anything under item "D", but the USE does't seem to mind because not everyone has stocks and bonds. On the other hand, there is a strong likelyhood that sponsors have bank account(s) and the USE may look unfavorable about a missing statement from the bank or other financial institution concerning the sponsors' deposit(s).

Ahmari & Jhen

p.s. - VJ Family please chime in...

steve3656,

you can provide copies bank statements instead of letter from the bank. what I provided my fiancee with was 3 most recent tax transcripts, copies of the W-2, notarized form I-134, and a letter from my employer. I didn't provide bank statements or bank letter, but I'm not recommending you don't. I didn't feel it necessary with my particular situation.

Let's say, for example, that your income is 3X the poverty level. Is there any point at all in providing a bank statement or letter from the bank for an account with say, $3000 in it? Or for that matter, is there any point in providing anything other than the employer letter, copies of tax returns, and W-2 forms?

Is the OFFER LETTER (in company letterhead) sufficient enough as employer letter/certificate of employment? The annual rate and benefits were stated and the option when to start also.

Thanks,

Mari

ERIC and MARICHU

dev271pp___.png

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

06.02.09 - Mailed I-751 Removal of Conditions to CSC

06.04.09 - Cashed Check

06.08.09 - Received NOA1 dated 06.04.09

06.18.09 - Received Biometrics Schedule[/color]

07.08.09 - Biometrics[/color]

AOS Timeline:

05.17.07 - Mailed AOS application package to Chicago

05.25.07 - Cashed checks

05.28.07 - Received NOA 1 dated May 24, 2007. Yipeee! (7 days)

06.19.07 - Biometrics schedule (29 days)

08.29.07 - Interview schedule

09.20.07 - Greencard received!

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Guys,

I have a query about filling out the DS156 forms online...It will be fine that i filled out for 4 times?...after printing the 1st,2nd,3rd filled out..I did some mistake..so I need to do for the 4th time..I hope this time I not make a mistake...

Any insights will be appreciate..

Roxy

bAuS.jpg.png

Hello Guys,

I have a query about filling out the DS156 forms online...It will be fine that i filled out for 4 times?...after printing the 1st,2nd,3rd filled out..I did some mistake..so I need to do for the 4th time..I hope this time I not make a mistake...

Any insights will be appreciate..

Roxy

that will be no problem. the info isn't submitted. it's just entered into the barcode.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Steve3656...

Question: Do you know if they still require a bank account letter for the interview or is that optional.

Answer: Yes! The instructions for the I-134 state that:

"The sponsor must submit in duplicate evidence of incomeand resources, as appropriate:

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions where you have deposits...

.........1. Date account opened;

.........2. Total amount deposited for the past year;

.........3. Present balance.

B. Statement of your employer on business stationery, revealing:

.........1. Date and nature of employment;

.........2. Salary paid;

.........3. Whether the position is temporary or permanent.

C. If self-employed:

.........1. Copy of last income tax return filed

.........2. Report of commercial rating concern.

D. List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s)."

NOTE: Most sponsors do NOT submit anything under item "D", but the USE does't seem to mind because not everyone has stocks and bonds. On the other hand, there is a strong likelyhood that sponsors have bank account(s) and the USE may look unfavorable about a missing statement from the bank or other financial institution concerning the sponsors' deposit(s).

Ahmari & Jhen

p.s. - VJ Family please chime in...

steve3656,

you can provide copies bank statements instead of letter from the bank. what I provided my fiancee with was 3 most recent tax transcripts, copies of the W-2, notarized form I-134, and a letter from my employer. I didn't provide bank statements or bank letter, but I'm not recommending you don't. I didn't feel it necessary with my particular situation.

Let's say, for example, that your income is 3X the poverty level. Is there any point at all in providing a bank statement or letter from the bank for an account with say, $3000 in it? Or for that matter, is there any point in providing anything other than the employer letter, copies of tax returns, and W-2 forms?

Is the OFFER LETTER (in company letterhead) sufficient enough as employer letter/certificate of employment? The annual rate and benefits were stated and the option when to start also.

Thanks,

Mari

I suggest getting an employment letter showing you are employed by the company at the present time. the more current, the better.

I suggest getting an employment letter showing you are employed by the company at the present time. the more current, the better.

It was dated Dec 2006, and Eric accepted that offer last month also, and he would have few paystubs before the interview as another proof. It is still current i think. Would that be okay or you will still suggest to get an employment letter? Thanks.

Mari

ERIC and MARICHU

dev271pp___.png

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

06.02.09 - Mailed I-751 Removal of Conditions to CSC

06.04.09 - Cashed Check

06.08.09 - Received NOA1 dated 06.04.09

06.18.09 - Received Biometrics Schedule[/color]

07.08.09 - Biometrics[/color]

AOS Timeline:

05.17.07 - Mailed AOS application package to Chicago

05.25.07 - Cashed checks

05.28.07 - Received NOA 1 dated May 24, 2007. Yipeee! (7 days)

06.19.07 - Biometrics schedule (29 days)

08.29.07 - Interview schedule

09.20.07 - Greencard received!

so here i am again with another concern :help:!!!HELP!!! :help:

so they say dont ever try to open the visa packet... i did not!!! however there's a torn on my packet which i've read a torn packet will EXPERIENCE A SIGNIFICANT DELAY... so by looking at the picture, should it be adviceable for me to go to embassy and have it resealed again??? im really in the stage of paranoia right now (as always)... hope you can help me ease my mind on what to do... thanks!!! God bless

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

A diagonal cut on top of the envelop is normal. But a slice? Maybe the embassy changed the "cut" to "slice"? Calling on our recent visa recipients, maybe you can help shed light here.

A diagonal cut on top of the envelop is normal. But a slice? Maybe the embassy changed the "cut" to "slice"? Calling on our recent visa recipients, maybe you can help shed light here.

actually PW the cut is still there... the "slice" as u mentioned is not being done by the embassy but perhaps an accidental torn thru shipment or by me. i dont really know whose fault is it... but if ever il go and reseal it, what actions do i have to take? like call them and have an appointment? or just show up and tell the guard that i need to reseal the visa packet? anybody here who had an experience on going back to the embassy and resealing the visa packet??? :help:

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ron, don't sweat that. My wife's approved packet had a corner ripped off. The important thing is that the sealed bag it is in stays closed. POE officer will open it to stamp a couple of pages. Our POE officer ripped the thing open fast to get to the pages he wanted to stamp, it was really a 2 minute process and your on your way.

I know this process makes a normal person paranoid but you are ok as long as it is still in the plastic bag sealed.

Stephen

so here i am again with another concern :help:!!!HELP!!! :help:

so they say dont ever try to open the visa packet... i did not!!! however there's a torn on my packet which i've read a torn packet will EXPERIENCE A SIGNIFICANT DELAY... so by looking at the picture, should it be adviceable for me to go to embassy and have it resealed again??? im really in the stage of paranoia right now (as always)... hope you can help me ease my mind on what to do... thanks!!! God bless

Edited by cybernutguy

04/25/2006 l married Cebu Philippines

11/28/2006 l Interview US Embassy Manila

12/15/2006 l Received k3 VISA

12/27/2006 l POE Detroit USA - Home!!!

AOS - Dallas DORA

07/17/2007 l AOS Interview - accepted into DORA 90 day program

09/06/2007 l Biometrics Appointment Dallas Texas

10/15/2007 l AOS Approved - received "Welcome to the United States" Letter

10/23/2007 l Received Greencard "Permanent Resident Card"

next: lift greencard 2yr condition June/2009 / goal: US Citizenship - 2010

my fiance is about to send the documents i need for the interview, just wanna know what r the other things i could need from him aside from the form 134.ITR n W2...thanks

couldnt find the thread bout this...

It was dated Dec 2006, and Eric accepted that offer last month also, and he would have few paystubs before the interview as another proof. It is still current i think. Would that be okay or you will still suggest to get an employment letter? Thanks.

Mari

Yes! There is no need to press your luck. If possible, please make sure it has: 1. Date and nature of employment; 2. Salary paid and:3. Whether the position is temporary or permanent.

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Ronmay - Curiosity killed the cat... We all know that you took a peek. LOL! It's OK, you can tell us. Hey, what's inside? LOL!

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Ronmay - Curiosity killed the cat... We all know that you took a peek. LOL! It's OK, you can tell us. Hey, what's inside? LOL!

lol uling i dont have to peek thru that ripped off since we can actually see it thru that diagonal cut (1/5 open)... what's inside is the stuff that u sent to the uscis (the petition), then the bc, nbi, cenomar and the med report etc. affidavit of support. lol... but im still innocent ok? i hope the immigration will believe me that i didnt attemp to open it! lol

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

Yazi told me the visas inside the brown envelope. since not suppose to open, how do you get CFO stamp for it?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.