windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

I am feeling like the Embassy has the intent of driving us to a point of madness or frustration or just pure rage!

I called today to confirm if our visa was approved. This is not a pretty story!

First call: Your visa petition has been put under document review..please call us back in 4 to 6 WEEKS!

**PANIC SETS IN!**

Can you tell me why? NO

Can you give me better idea of how long this might take? NO

Can you let me talk to someone who can? NO

Can I speak with the consul? NO

They did not review the vast majority of our documents! I felt safe in assuming that the visa was approved! I WAS WRONG!

Second call: "PLEASE I BEG OF YOU! HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND WHAT HAS HAPPENED!"

Sir the consul approved your visa and it is now going through name checks! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? Is that the normal procedure that they do before issuing the visa? Is she approved or not? THIS IS STANDARD SOP SIR!

It will take no more than 2 weeks.

At this time I do not know what will take no more than two weeks! I just went from on top of the world to a pit of despair and frustration, which is quickly going to complete rage. The lack of information and lack of assistance is intolerable

Can someone help me to understand the language? Is it their normal procedure to review the documents and then print the visa? I know that people have got their visa in just a few days is that still a possibility? Is document review the same as AR? The very nice lady whom I spoke to said that the consul had approved our visa would she say that if it was going to put under AR?

Thank you all for listening...I am venting because I am so frustrated. It has been too slow of a process to have it postponed for more months after letting us believe that we would be together soon!

Don't know if this is the proper place for our thrilling news, but our I-129F for K3 was approved today. No status updates until today, but did receive THREE emails today. Our CR-1 was completed at NVC last week. Waiting to see which will arrive at Manila first...

Congratulations! Each step is one closer to happiness!

Dear Goodman,

Sorry to hear that also happen to your fiance because it happened to me last Oct.12,2006.I thought my interview went well since the CO is very nice and even made a joke that about the weather in New Hampshire but I got a pink slip saying have to pay delbros and a 221g with a box ticked "wait til you hear from us".It was my husband who got the news that I'm on AR because of singleness.Eventhough I had one CENOMAR from NSO they said it still the same because they wanted to inquire directly.So whats the use of getting one from the NSO with their security paper if the USE dont even trust it.To make the story short,its been more than 5 weeks now that Im on AR and im losing hope sometimes.My husband calls almost everyday at the USE to get update.And this morning they told him that they had the results from NSO and they ask him to call next week.Hope your fiance/wife will be patient and ask her to do something to occupy her mind and not think about it.Luckily,I have our 5mos. old daughter that occupies me.Hope we'll all have our visa soon.God bless

Mhel

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I am feeling like the Embassy has the intent of driving us to a point of madness or frustration or just pure rage!

I called today to confirm if our visa was approved. This is not a pretty story!

First call: Your visa petition has been put under document review..please call us back in 4 to 6 WEEKS!

**PANIC SETS IN!**

Can you tell me why? NO

Can you give me better idea of how long this might take? NO

Can you let me talk to someone who can? NO

Can I speak with the consul? NO

They did not review the vast majority of our documents! I felt safe in assuming that the visa was approved! I WAS WRONG!

Second call: "PLEASE I BEG OF YOU! HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND WHAT HAS HAPPENED!"

Sir the consul approved your visa and it is now going through name checks! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? Is that the normal procedure that they do before issuing the visa? Is she approved or not? THIS IS STANDARD SOP SIR!

It will take no more than 2 weeks.

At this time I do not know what will take no more than two weeks! I just went from on top of the world to a pit of despair and frustration, which is quickly going to complete rage. The lack of information and lack of assistance is intolerable

Can someone help me to understand the language? Is it their normal procedure to review the documents and then print the visa? I know that people have got their visa in just a few days is that still a possibility? Is document review the same as AR? The very nice lady whom I spoke to said that the consul had approved our visa would she say that if it was going to put under AR?

Thank you all for listening...I am venting because I am so frustrated. It has been too slow of a process to have it postponed for more months after letting us believe that we would be together soon!

Don't know if this is the proper place for our thrilling news, but our I-129F for K3 was approved today. No status updates until today, but did receive THREE emails today. Our CR-1 was completed at NVC last week. Waiting to see which will arrive at Manila first...

Congratulations! Each step is one closer to happiness!

Dear Goodman,

Sorry to hear that also happen to your fiance because it happened to me last Oct.12,2006.I thought my interview went well since the CO is very nice and even made a joke that about the weather in New Hampshire but I got a pink slip saying have to pay delbros and a 221g with a box ticked "wait til you hear from us".It was my husband who got the news that I'm on AR because of singleness.Eventhough I had one CENOMAR from NSO they said it still the same because they wanted to inquire directly.So whats the use of getting one from the NSO with their security paper if the USE dont even trust it.To make the story short,its been more than 5 weeks now that Im on AR and im losing hope sometimes.My husband calls almost everyday at the USE to get update.And this morning they told him that they had the results from NSO and they ask him to call next week.Hope your fiance/wife will be patient and ask her to do something to occupy her mind and not think about it.Luckily,I have our 5mos. old daughter that occupies me.Hope we'll all have our visa soon.God bless

Mhel

My fiancee just completed her medical at St Lukes in Manila. Very good thing I asked her what was done.

Regarding the necessary shots; she was asked by the Dr if she wants to do her immunization here or in the USA? First of all I did not know that the applicant has a choice of doing them there or over here.

Looking at the packet#4 list it states:

Mumps

Measles

Rubella

polio

Tetanus and Diptheria

Pertussis

Influenza B

Hepatitis B

Varicella

Pneumoccocal

As far as I know she must have these done before she can enter the US? I am I correct?

Please advise me please. These should not be optional...right?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

My wife had all her vaccinations at St. Lukes. After we had this done and she was here in the U.S., we learned the main advantage: it is much less expensive. The only fee is the physical fee and nothing additional for the vaccinations. In the U.S. we have heard figures ranging from $100 and up for the full set of required vaccinations.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
OMG....We didn't know about a cenomar! It amazes me that I have an atorney and he has said nothing of this! Where does she get a cenomar?

When my wife went for her interview at the U.S. Embassy in Manila they had already acquired a CENOMAR. She was a K3 visa applicant, already married.

So, just because you are already married does not guarantee that a CENOMAR is not necessary.

Also, don't waste your time or money getting a CENOMAR: the U.S. Embassy only accepts the CENOMARS they order.

This was true in 2003 and from what I'm reading has not changed.

Hope this helps!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OMG....We didn't know about a cenomar! It amazes me that I have an atorney and he has said nothing of this! Where does she get a cenomar?

When my wife went for her interview at the U.S. Embassy in Manila they had already acquired a CENOMAR. She was a K3 visa applicant, already married.

So, just because you are already married does not guarantee that a CENOMAR is not necessary.

Also, don't waste your time or money getting a CENOMAR: the U.S. Embassy only accepts the CENOMARS they order.

Hope this helps!

We have already gotten our CENOMAR can any one validate whether or not this will do? Does the embassey have it ready when you get to the interview?

Filed: Timeline

Hope this helps!

We have already gotten our CENOMAR can any one validate whether or not this will do? Does the embassey have it ready when you get to the interview?

Sorry to be beating this question to death...I just want to be sure. The Dr told my fiancee that getting

her vacination shots are optional for the INTERVIEW and the VISA......I am not concerned about the

cost of the various vacination shots here.....my concern is wheather she was instructed correctly

especially seeing that we are dealing with the Manila embassy. So, emphatically She DOES NOT

need to have the shots in order to get the visa and enter the USA?? Thanks again for your kind help.

Maybe I am stressing her out needlessly.

Hope this helps!

Sorry to be beating this question to death...I just want to be sure. The Dr told my fiancee that getting

her vacination shots are optional for the INTERVIEW and the VISA......I am not concerned about the

cost of the various vacination shots here.....my concern is wheather she was instructed correctly

especially seeing that we are dealing with the Manila embassy. So, emphatically She DOES NOT

need to have the shots in order to get the visa and enter the USA?? Thanks again for your kind help.

Maybe I am stressing her out needlessly.

Jam! Take a breath in between posts. In with the good air out with the bad air. :P The vaccinations are optional for K-1 Visa!! The people in the other thread like John and Marlene gave you a solid answer. They've been there done that. :thumbs:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

My Baby is flying home as I type. Philippine Airlines is always on Filipino time... What do I mean...? They departed late... AS USUAL! Just an hour late this time... Jhen and I are very excited. After today, I will be out of pocket for a while, but I'm sure that Jhen will be online.

I hope that YYB and her "Boytoy" have a nice trip as well as titakey and her "Big Daddy" who are all flying home today as well.

Cheers!!!

Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Hope this helps!

that was true in he past. the Embassy would not accept it if you submitted it. they would order it themselves.

the packet 4 we are now receiving list the Cenomar as a required document to be submitted.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

In trying to fill out the DS-157 form online, for question 12 under dates of employment, the field only allows for one date (mm-dd-yyyy). Should we go with the start date, or the end-date? I'm having troubles deciding how best to fill-in this form.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Timeline
My Baby is flying home as I type. Philippine Airlines is always on Filipino time... What do I mean...? They departed late... AS USUAL! Just an hour late this time... Jhen and I are very excited. After today, I will be out of pocket for a while, but I'm sure that Jhen will be online.

I hope that YYB and her "Boytoy" have a nice trip as well as titakey and her "Big Daddy" who are all flying home today as well.

Cheers!!!

Uling

Congratulations! What a wonderful feeling it must be!

05/18/05: Met on Yahoo chat.

09/10/05: We agree to meet.

02/10/06: First trip to Manila

03/26/06: Filied I-129F package

04/04/06: NOA 1 at California service center

06/30/06: IMBRA RFE mailed to CSC

07/05/06: Email stating CSC received RFE

07/31/06: NOA 2! Wahoooo!

08/03/06: NVC reciept

08/07/06: NVC forwards petition to the Embassy!!

08/15/06: Embassy received case:MNL2006716###

09/19/06: We have an interview date!! Wahoo!

11/20/06: Interview

11/29/06: VISA delivered

12/05/06: Entry into the U.S. at LAX

In trying to fill out the DS-157 form online, for question 12 under dates of employment, the field only allows for one date (mm-dd-yyyy). Should we go with the start date, or the end-date? I'm having troubles deciding how best to fill-in this form.

What I did was type all the other infos and I will just handwritten the start date and the end date. I heard that people do that.

His promises are always true!!
HE is not a man that He should lie.He is not a son of man that He would change His mind.When He speaks, He acts, when He promise He fulfills. Numbers 23:19

January 17, 2011 Sent petition I-130 for my mother
February 14, 2011 Approved petition from the USCIS (Vermont)
March 02, 2011 Received letter from NVC
March 05, 2011 Payment cleared
March 06, 2011 sent the DS3032 via email to NVC
March 09, 2011 received confirmation regarding the Choice of Agent
March 10, 2011 received the IV Fee invoice via email
March 16. 2011 sent check via USPS
March 18, 2011 received e-mail regarding the IV Fee payment and the package for AOS
March 25, 2011 sent the supporting docs for AOS (DS-230 and Civil Docs)
April 15, 2011 received RFE
May 11, 2011 Case Completed
May 27, 2011 Received E-mail from NVC about the INterview Date
July 6, 2011 Interview Date

What I did was type all the other infos and I will just handwritten the start date and the end date. I heard that people do that.

Brilliant minds must think alike, that's what I suggested Jenalyn do.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Timeline
Does anyone have the latest interview list? Last time I looked it appeared that they got up to MNL2006756XXX for January interviews.

We are a 756 and interview is Jan 30th I imagine we must be one of the last for January.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.