windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

as of 10 Nov 06

Phil-Am K1 Information…

(K1 Introduction) - If you are just starting your K1 visa journey, please check out this information provided by the Department of State (DOS) on the K1 visa experience (CLICK HERE). I found this information very insightful when I first started. Please note that the “How to Apply for a Social Security Number Card” section is incorrect because K1 visa beneficiaries can only apply for a SSN card upon arriving into the United States.

(Case Status) - Once you have filed your case and recieved your case number, please register on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website using the Case Status Online Tool to receive emailed updates concerning your case (CLICK HERE)

(1). The National Visa Center (NVC) number is within my signature. NVC assigns your case number once your case is approved (NOA2). They also may perform a preliminary background check from what I’ve read then forwards your package/case to the Manila Embassy. This process usually takes anywhere from 14 – 30 days.

(2). Packet 4 (Manila Embassy) link is within my signature (acquired from the Manila Embassy website which gives directions on what documents are required by the beneficiary for the visa interview). The Manila Embassy number is within my signature. NOTE: If you dial 0 for the operator, ask for the Immigrant Visa Unit. The average interview is assigned approximately 100 – 150 days from the receipt of your package from the NVC.

(3).The Department of State (DOS) number is within my signature. After your case is approved (NOA2) and reaches the Manila Embassy, you may call DOS instead on the Manila Embassy to obtain status of your case and make inquiries concerning your interview date. NOTE: DOS has no direct participation in the K1 process.

(4). The Visa Interview Appointments website is within my signature. This is where you can check to see if a visa interview has been scheduled for your case. It is presumed that the website is now the substitution for the visa appointment worksheet/list the Manila Embassy used in the past.

(5). St. Luke’s Extension Clinic (SLEC) information is within my signature. SLEC is where the beneficiary goes to take the medical exam and vaccination. The process takes two days. Day 1 is the medical exam and Day 2 is the vaccination.

(6). The DELBROS website is within my signature. DELBROS is the company responsible for delivering the beneficiary’s Visa and POE information. The DELBROS delivery fee is paid subsequent to the beneficiary’s visa interview at the Manila Embassy. Per the Manila Embassy website, the current delivery fee/time is as follows:

* Metro Manila Areas, 135 Philippine Pesos, Delivered one (1) to three (3) business days after release of visaed passport to the courier

* Provincial Key Cities (ex. Cebu City, Davao City, etc.) 165 Philippine Pesos; Delivered three (3) to five (5) business days after release of visaed passport to the courier

* Outside Provincial Key Cities, (ex. Capiz, Leyte, Bukidnon, etc.), Cost depends on area/location, Delivered five (5) to seven (7) business days after release of visaed passport to the courier

NOTE: Per the DELBROS staff, the Manila Embassy can take as much as three (3) business days to release the visa and POE package, which is NOT included in the deliver times above.

(7). CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminars are held in Manila and Cebu, with the corresponding links within my signature. The beneficiary may attend whichever location is more convenient. "Per Republic Act 8239 and Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Order 28-94, Filipinos proceeding abroad as fiancé(e)s and spouses of foreign nationals are required to attend the CFO's guidance and counseling programs... " For more info (CLICK HERE). NOTE: As far as I know, this requirement is not stated within the K1 packet. However, the beneficiary can NOT travel without receiving the Guidance and Counseling Certificate and subsequent CFO stamp on the visa. Please check out this instructional information on the CFO experience (CLICK HERE) (Thx Sillygirl)

(8). The I-94 Arrival / Departure Form is within my signature. Foreigners (beneficiaries) complete the I-94 and the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer stamps the applicant’s arrival and departure portions at the Port of Entry (POE) when entering the States. You will need this for the Adjustment of Status process. NOTE: Even though it’s simple, I have supplied this so you will know what it looks like and what is required to be filled out.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

NOTE: The red text indicates the recent updates/chages. Please let me know if there are any suggestions. I have also correlated the numbers above to my signature below.

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Same here, Wind. 19 months and still waiting.... :crying::clock:

My fiance is arriving in 2 days so that should help a bit with this agonizing wait. Can you come for a short visit so you can see your sweetie?

To those who sent me private mail, I am unable to respond through yahoo because my office admin has blocked off all web-based mails effective today. I hope they don't find out that I spend time here at VJ as they might block the site as well.

PW temporarily signing off to learn scuba diving with my sweetie yipeeee!!! :dance: :energetic: :goofy:

I might if they deny us, hopefully we are pretty close and i want to save the money for the honeymoon. B)

ME MIC.GIFFiancee PHI.GIF

-----------------------------------------

Day 1---- 6-13-2005 Sent I-129f in

Day 77--- 8-29-2005 NOA2

Day 106---9-27-2005 Manila recieved case

Day 445---9-01-2006 Interview date(AR).........Waiting

Day 499--10-25-2006 Case sent back to Embassy for review

Day 529--11-24-2006 Recieved Visa from Delbros!

Timeline

Hello Everyone.

Can you please add us to your list?

NOA2 = 10-05-06

MNL REC'D = 11-07-06

MNL Case# = MNL2006799XXX

Thank you.

Michael and Jennie

flaglow4.gifImage127.gif

10-19-2005 Met through a friend and started talking online

10-19-2005 Fell in love :-)

06-16-2006 Met in person

08-01-2006 Sent I-129F to NSC

08-09-2006 NOA1 Notice Date

08-17-2006 Received NOA1 in the mail

10-05-2006 APPROVED!!!!!! NOA2

10-30-2006 Manila Embassy receives petition

12-12-2006 Called USE and received Interview Date

12-21-2006 Received Packet 4

01-17-2007 Medical Appointment

01-23-2007 CFO Seminar

02-20-2007 Interview

02-22-2007 VISA in hand

02-27-2007 Flight to US POE SFO then Eugene, Oregon

03-28-2007 Married

AOS

05-19-2007 Sent AOS Packet

05-22-2007 Received Date

05-25-2007 Notice Date

06-04-2007 Received Biometrics Letter

06-16-2007 RFE (40) Received

06-21-2007 Biometrics Appointment

06-28-2007 RFE Received by NBC, Case Processing Resumed

07-13-2007 Notice Date on Request for Applicant to Appear for Initial Interview

07-19-2007 Received Notice

09-13-2007 Interview Date APPROVED!

09-22-2007 Received Notice of Approval for Lawful Permanent Residency in the United states

10-02-2007 Received Permanent Resident Card / Green Card

Hello Everyone.

Can you please add us to your list?

NOA2 = 10-05-06

MNL REC'D = 11-07-06

MNL Case# = MNL2006799XXX

Thank you.

Please send check or money order care of PW and Associates to Sillygirl by November 24, 2006. Dues are collected every six months. LOL! :P:):D:whistle::yes::lol::thumbs:

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

...do you think we will still have to wait another 120-150 days before they schedule a date from when they recieved it from the NVC a second time?...

That is a very good question. I don't know the answer, but for some odd reason I'm thinking they will put you poor souls back on the waiting list. Just because this process sucks, and nobody really gives a dahamn! Please call the Manila Embassy and inquire because I'm very interested in their response. I still have to follow up on whether interview dates are schedule a maximum of 90 days out, which could be the rational for the prolonged period of inactivity as far as assigning interview dates. Cheers!!!

Help!!!

Just want to know if how do i knnow if our NOA2 was already in NVC.Do the NVC people notified as soon as they received tha NOA2 or we need to call the NVC.

Filed: Other Timeline

both. when they are done preocessing your papers. they will send you a letter with your new manila case number in a couple of weeks.... you can also call them for an update or send them a message thru e-mail..they reply in 4 days or so.

*julie

***TIMELINE***

September 2005-met on net

Nov 27, 2005- fiance's visit

Dec. 7, 2005-fiance left

January 25, 2006-File I-129f

Feb. 1, 2006-NOA1

April 2006-RFE

May 9, 2006-NOA2

May 17, 2006-Forwarded to Manila

Case#MNL20066351XX

May 22, 2006-Consulate Receives

June 16 2006- k packet sent by USE through delbros

*(waiting for packet)*

Interview date given on June 19 2006-PLDT 1-909-101-7878=SEPTEMBER 21, 2006 @ 6:30am

medical=September 11-12, 2006

CFO- day before flight.

Interview-September 21, 2006 (On AR)

October 25, 2006- submitted lacking documents

November 25, 2006- Visa Received

Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding my Birth Certificate, I was born Dec 1972 but my BC was registered and received by the local civil registrar on Aug 1973, does it mean that my BC was late registered? if so, will it cause any problem when I submit it during my visa interview? or will it be a reason to be put under A.R. bcoz of BC's late registration? I already got my authenticated BC at NSO. Just want to make sure if I need other certification from NSO regarding my BC's late registration to avoid problems during my visa interview.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.

It's my understanding that a "late registered" BC will be two pages long, with the second-page being the affidavit for delayed registration. At least that's what Jenalyn's NSO BC is like. If late registered, then you need to provide other ID to "proove" who you are, such as a baptismal certificate.

Thanks for the reply BJzags,

My authenticated BC from NSO is only one page and it does not have any comment or whatsoever that it is "late registered". My BC was only 8 months registered after my birth and I got some reply of my inquirey from WOF forum that it was only barely late.So, I think my BC is just fine.

Timeline

Jan 22, 2007 Arrived in USA

Jan 27, 2007 Wedding Day

---- AOS -------

March 31, 2007----- Submitted AOS and EAD package

April 6, 2007 ------ Package received at USCIS

April 11, 2007 ----- NOA1 ( AOS and EAD )

April 25, 2007 ------ Biometrics

April 26, 2007 ------ Touched

May 21, 2007 ------- NOA 2 ( AOS )

June 13, 2007------- Receive email from Cris, EAD Card Production ordered

June 14, 2007 ------ EAD touched

June 18, 2007 ------ EAD touched

June 21, 2007 ------ EAD email from Cris, USCIS has sent notice on the mail that EAD is approved

June 23, 2007 ------ EAD card received in the mail

July 11, 2007 ------- Initial interview ( Denver, CO ) approved- Thank God

July 17, 2007 ------- Received Welcome Notice in the mail

July 18, 2007 ------- Email Notice from Cris " Production of Card Ordered"

July 27, 2007 ------- Green Card received- God is so Good!

115590570280508.gif

Timeline
both. when they are done preocessing your papers. they will send you a letter with your new manila case number in a couple of weeks.... you can also call them for an update or send them a message thru e-mail..they reply in 4 days or so.

*julie

Annie, what time period did they give you? They told me they(USE) were still reviewing Aug. cases, hope that isn't true.

ME MIC.GIFFiancee PHI.GIF

-----------------------------------------

Day 1---- 6-13-2005 Sent I-129f in

Day 77--- 8-29-2005 NOA2

Day 106---9-27-2005 Manila recieved case

Day 445---9-01-2006 Interview date(AR).........Waiting

Day 499--10-25-2006 Case sent back to Embassy for review

Day 529--11-24-2006 Recieved Visa from Delbros!

How long should it take from the time Manila gets our case until Luz gets the welcome letter? And what part of the month do they update the interview dates? I.E. when should we find out our interview date?

How long should it take from the time Manila gets our case until Luz gets the welcome letter? And what part of the month do they update the interview dates? I.E. when should we find out our interview date?

Gary looking at your timeline, how do you know the Embassy received your case on 15 Oct? We had no idea when they received our until we got the letter on 30 Oct and they had received the case on 11 Oct. So, it takes between 2-3 weeks after they get the case. We also have to remember all the holidays they have had recently, Ramadan, All Hallows Week, All Saints Day, not Vets Day. Good luck, Ken

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

Filed: Other Timeline

*julie

Annie, what time period did they give you? They told me they(USE) were still reviewing Aug. cases, hope that isn't true.

wind,

i called embassy last wednesday, they told me that they have started reviewing my case already and to just wait for my visa because i might receive my passport with my visa anytime now but she doesnt told me that i am approve already... they told me also that if the visa wont arrive until november 25..a month after i submitted the additional documents i shall call them again and they will make a report to process my papers once. i asked the woman if there's any chance that my visa be denied. she told me the only grounds for visa denial is when you are married to somebody else and you used drugs. :no:

there's no other choice than to wait. next week i'll fax them a letter again and fiance will call once more. can u please give me the number of the immigrant visa unit?

thanks

*julie

***TIMELINE***

September 2005-met on net

Nov 27, 2005- fiance's visit

Dec. 7, 2005-fiance left

January 25, 2006-File I-129f

Feb. 1, 2006-NOA1

April 2006-RFE

May 9, 2006-NOA2

May 17, 2006-Forwarded to Manila

Case#MNL20066351XX

May 22, 2006-Consulate Receives

June 16 2006- k packet sent by USE through delbros

*(waiting for packet)*

Interview date given on June 19 2006-PLDT 1-909-101-7878=SEPTEMBER 21, 2006 @ 6:30am

medical=September 11-12, 2006

CFO- day before flight.

Interview-September 21, 2006 (On AR)

October 25, 2006- submitted lacking documents

November 25, 2006- Visa Received

Gary looking at your timeline, how do you know the Embassy received your case on 15 Oct? We had no idea when they received our until we got the letter on 30 Oct and they had received the case on 11 Oct. So, it takes between 2-3 weeks after they get the case. We also have to remember all the holidays they have had recently, Ramadan, All Hallows Week, All Saints Day, not Vets Day. Good luck, Ken

I tracked the package through the DHL web site. I am pretty sure I am correct on the date they got it. Luz still hasn't gotten the letter yet and I am wondering if I should make that $18 phone call to the embassy.

I tracked the package through the DHL web site. I am pretty sure I am correct on the date they got it. Luz still hasn't gotten the letter yet and I am wondering if I should make that $18 phone call to the embassy.

On Ulings signature there is # for embassy, call them early in the morning Manila time, like just after they open, I have a long distance plan and I wasnt charged any extra for fone call ...........Luzy shud be getting a letter from Manila very shortly.......

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

greetings from the phillipines you guys.... monday is coming up soon. so far ive just been getting hives and bumped my forehead. hahahahha...

thank you guys for your well wishes. :)

gary, it should be about two months before my fiance received his packet 4. hope luzy gets hers soon.

one more day to panic and do more paperwork and photocopying. ackkk

04-24-09 I-130 Application received by USCIS

04-29-09 Received NOA1

08-17-09 Approved

08-20-09 NOA2 Received

08-26-09 NVC Received

08-27-09 Case Number Assigned

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.