Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi Ms. Sillygirl

Can you add my timeline

NOA1 - Dec 2005

NOA2 - Feb 2006

Interview - Jul 28, 2006 under AR

Aug 28, 2006 - Submitted letter of explaination (can't provide copy of previous adjustment of status)

Nov 2, 2006 - Called US embassy call center 19091017878 - still under review.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

i have a question on the DS-157 for my fiance daughter. her father died before she was born. he is not listed on her birth certificate. where it asks for father's name. leave blank or put none?

Write the name of the father then enclose in parenthesis "deceased". Make sure your fiancee has NSO-issued copy of death certificate at interview time.

my fiance's name is not on his child's b/c either. thus the dilema. i think you can ammend the birth certificate if both parents were still alive. in my case, the ex wont cooperate in admmending the b/c. so unfortunately we are unable to take advantage of the derivative status and thus will not file for the child to join / follow option. but we do have a signed affidavit that he is the father if just to prove paternity. ugh now im having butterflies in my stomach again.

Yna, I hope you included the child's name in your petition so that his name is there on record. Who knows if the ex will change her mind later (or baka kunin siya ng maaga ni Lord :innocent: - sorry for saying that but that is a possibility). Your fiance has a better claim to his son than his hilaw na in-laws. Paternity can be proved through DNA kung magkakamatigasan talaga.

hi PW! I'd be happy to volunteer for updating the list while your gone. You've earned yourself some vacation time. :D Enjoy! :whistle::devil::dancing:

Ayyy, maraming salamat sillygirl! I thought no one would volunteer. Lab you talaga! You did a great job! Birthday mo nga today?

i have a question on the DS-157 for my fiance daughter. her father died before she was born. he is not listed on her birth certificate. where it asks for father's name. leave blank or put none?

Embassy will not be able to say that they “found out after” because she will list down the name in the visa application forms. She is being upfront about it by listing it down so there is no subterfuge or deception.

I was able to read your post in the another thread. You said that her birth certificate has already been amended to reflect the name change. Please confirm if the NSO-issued BC has her old name in it with an amendment at the bottom of the page that reflects her new name. If that is the case, then there is really nothing to worry about. The name change is legal and in order.

If the consul asks about the name further, that’s the time she would show the letter and support documents.

PW I am amazed and in total debt to you......your time and patience is very much appreciated. Yes...the NSO BC with the name change does reflect the old first name as being amended. So we will just put the old first name in other names used section of DS forms without any cover sheet explaining prior omission but have all those tons of docs just in case they ask why it was not previously listed. By the way....just hope after the interview and she goes back to her province they dont ask her to come back and bring supporting docs in case they did not ask for them up front during the interview. thanks again PW.

So we will just put the old first name in other names used section of DS forms without any cover sheet explaining prior omission but have all those tons of docs just in case they ask why it was not previously listed. By the way....just hope after the interview and she goes back to her province they dont ask her to come back and bring supporting docs in case they did not ask for them up front during the interview. thanks again PW.

I doubt if they will ask about the omission but if asked, she should just explain it simply as inadvertence or oversight and don't offer any more info except when further probed. Keep answers short and to the point. Consuls do not like long and winding answers. I've heard them cut off people mid-sentence by saying, "just answer the question".

Additional documents, if further required, can be mailed or couriered to the embassy so she need not fly back to Manila. Just make sure she uses a reliable courier company like Delbros or LBC so she can track it down.

Keep answers short and to the point. Consuls do not like long and winding answers. I've heard them cut off people mid-sentence by saying, "just answer the question".

I had worked with my fiancée on that very thing because all they are doing is validating the basic information provided from the petition, the visa application, and evidence of relationship information supplied by the beneficiary. You can dazzle them with brilliance of baffle them with bullsh*t. LOL! :D That's what one of my old boss' used to say all the time. The only time I feel the beneficiary is free to pontificate is when and if the consular officer asks about your love story. Other than that, it's all about the K.I.S.S (keeping it sweet and simple). Of course, that's just my opinion and we have not been approved yet. So I could be way off base, but I have a gut feeling that I'm not. :thumbs: Cheers!!!

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

I'm thinking that his name should be listed and a death certificate or decree should accompany your submission. Only Mary has been documented of having an immaculate conception. LOL! :lol: I'm just guessing... Does anyone know for sure?

heheheh uling, funny guy. my fiance's name is not on his child's b/c either. thus the dilema. i think you can ammend the birth certificate if both parents were still alive. in my case, the ex wont cooperate in admmending the b/c. so unfortunately we are unable to take advantage of the derivative status and thus will not file for the child to join / follow option. but we do have a signed affidavit that he is the father if just to prove paternity. ugh now im having butterflies in my stomach again.

hi roy i dont know how she will be able to fix her child's b/c to include the name of the father since he has pssed away. in the form perhaps put N/A since his name was not on the original b/c. not 100% sure but that is what i would do.

thanks for the replys. i hope this is not going to become complicated. :(

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Write the name of the father then enclose in parenthesis "deceased". Make sure your fiancee has NSO-issued copy of death certificate at interview time.

thanks for your reply. my fiancee does not have a death certificate. they were not married. the father died about 3 months before the daughter was born. the daughter is now 10 years old. more things to worry about now. :(

QUOTE(roymcn3rd @ Nov 7 2006, 04:27 PM)

Embassy will not be able to say that they “found out after” because she will list down the name in the visa application forms. She is being upfront about it by listing it down so there is no subterfuge or deception.

I was able to read your post in the another thread. You said that her birth certificate has already been amended to reflect the name change. Please confirm if the NSO-issued BC has her old name in it with an amendment at the bottom of the page that reflects her new name. If that is the case, then there is really nothing to worry about. The name change is legal and in order.

If the consul asks about the name further, that’s the time she would show the letter and support documents.

PatientlyWaiting, that was someone else. hope this doesn't become too big of a problem. :(

I must be blind, because I don't see where on DS-157 that it asks for the name of a child's parents or even list the child. On DS-156K it requires the child to be listed and indicate if they are coming with or if they will follow later.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

I must be blind, because I don't see where on DS-157 that it asks for the name of a child's parents or even list the child. On DS-156K it requires the child to be listed and indicate if they are coming with or if they will follow later.

for a k-2 visa. a separate DS-157 and DS-156 need to be filled out. I could be wrong. on the DS-157 it asks for the applicants father's name.

thanks for your reply. my fiancee does not have a death certificate. they were not married. the father died about 3 months before the daughter was born. the daughter is now 10 years old. more things to worry about now.

Hey, stop being a worry wart. Cheer up! Your problem can still be resolved. Your fiance can get a death certificate from the NSO even if they are not married.

The NSO list of requirements does not even indicate that she has to be related to the deceased. If relationship is required then she can put her name as requester in behalf of her minor daughter, who is the child of the deceased person. Example: Requester's Name: Angelina Jolie (on behalf of Shyloh Pitt, minor daughter of deceased). Hopefully, NSO will not require her to produce evidence of paternity.

Below are the info needed to get death certificate taken from http://www.census.gov.ph/data/civilreg/civapfaq.html#obtain

1) Complete name of the deceased person

2) Date of death

3) Place of death

4) Complete name and address of the requesting party

5) Number of copies needed

6) For what purpose the certification shall be used

Can someone please teach Roy how to quote because when I try to read his posts they aggravate my cataract? LOL!!! :D

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

thanks for your reply. my fiancee does not have a death certificate. they were not married. the father died about 3 months before the daughter was born. the daughter is now 10 years old. more things to worry about now.

Hey, stop being a worry wart. Cheer up! Your problem can still be resolved. Your fiance can get a death certificate from the NSO even if they are not married.

The NSO list of requirements does not even indicate that she has to be related to the deceased. If relationship is required then she can put her name as requester in behalf of her minor daughter, who is the child of the deceased person. Example: Requester's Name: Angelina Jolie (on behalf of Shyloh Pitt, minor daughter of deceased). Hopefully, NSO will not require her to produce evidence of paternity.

Below are the info needed to get death certificate taken from http://www.census.gov.ph/data/civilreg/civapfaq.html#obtain

1) Complete name of the deceased person

2) Date of death

3) Place of death

4) Complete name and address of the requesting party

5) Number of copies needed

6) For what purpose the certification shall be used

thanks for all of your help PatientlyWaiting. it's very much appreciated. trying to find out as much as I can so i can tell my fiance what needs to be done. don't want to cause her any unnecessary worry about the situation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just checkin in.

Delbros is delivering the Visa today!!

Airline tickets purchased. Jenn is on her way :thumbs:

Gomez

Wow thats quick Gomez. Angelmae is staying right near embassy awaiting delivery of visa also. How did you and Jenn find out the visa was giong to be delivered today???

Congrats,

Brian

My Baby is done with the vaccination... Tomorrow she is headed for PRISM to participate in the Guidance and Counseling Session. It's been a busy week for her, and now we are one more step closer to the big dance. Cheers!!!

Just checkin in.

Gomez

Wow thats quick Gomez. Angelmae is staying right near embassy awaiting delivery of visa also. How did you and Jenn find out the visa was giong to be delivered today???

Congrats,

Brian

yeah that is fast! wow! gomez where is jenn? just curious :)

04-24-09 I-130 Application received by USCIS

04-29-09 Received NOA1

08-17-09 Approved

08-20-09 NOA2 Received

08-26-09 NVC Received

08-27-09 Case Number Assigned

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just checkin in.

Gomez

Congrats,

Brian

Brian,

I went to www.delbros.com and track the shipment from there, tracking # is listed on the receipt provided to Angelmae when she paid for the delivery, usually your case # would be your tracking #...but have her double check it just to make sure...mine looked like this:

11/8/2006 6:52:28 AM SHIPMENT OUT FOR DELIVERY

11/8/2006 6:51:01 AM SHIPMENT BEING PREPARED FOR DELIVERY

11/7/2006 6:41:01 PM SHIPMENT RECEIVED AT DISTRIBUTION CENTER

11/7/2006 6:19:09 PM SHIPMENT IN PROCESS

11/6/2006 4:09:06 PM SHIPMENT PROCESS IN THE EMBASSY

and just an update...Visa on my little hands now :dance::dance:

hope Angelmae get hers soon...God Bless everyone!

Jenn

Just checkin in.

Gomez

Congrats,

Brian

yeah that is fast! wow! gomez where is jenn? just curious :)

YYB,

I am in Novaliches, Quezon City...I guess that might be one of the reason why it was so quick!

I understand you'll be here soon..Goodluck on the interview....does your 'boytoy' lives in Manila area as well?

Jenn

Sillygirl,

Ive seen that your POE was Detriot, how was it??...Ill be going though the same Port of Entry..thought you could give me tips or something so I know what to expect..thanks in advance..

Jenn

K-1 visa timeline

May 23 06 Submitted I-129F to Vermont

June 19 06 Touched, States RFE mailed

June 23 06 Received I-129F RFE

June 24 06 Sent I-129F RFE

Nov 06 06 INTERVIEW

Nov 06 06 APPROVED

Nov 08 06 Visa in hand

Nov 17 06 to the U.S.

AOS Timeline

Feb. 14 '07 filed AOS,mailed I-485

Feb 23 '07 NOA1

Feb 27 '07 Bio appointment letter received

March 14 '07 Biometrics appointment

March 19 '07 application transferred to CSC

March 29 '07 case pending at CSC

May 19 '07 got appointment letter for 2nd Biometrics???

May 25' 07 received RFE for I-693 and immunization supplement...UUugggghh

Jun 1 '07 2nd biometrics appt.

June 9 '07 sent RFE back via USPS priority mail

June 12 '07 RFE received at Laguna Niguel

June 22 '07 received email saying CSC got our RFE and processing resumed on our case

July 7 '07another RFE for TB skin test

July 11 '07 sent RFE back

July 20 '07 case processing resumed per email from CRIS

July 24 '07 Email from CRIS...card production ordered!!

July 25 '07 received email saying letter welcoming new permanent resident was mailed

July 30 '07 GC in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.