Mike's Lucy

Why are some USEM Staff so rude?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Lucy, I forgot to tell you that they will not give you the confirmation letter (through email) if your case number is not on their system yet. Sorry about that. Once they have it in their system you can set your interview and medical schedule. USEM call center agents don't know about the real situation on our case cuz they are just waiting and depending on what would pop up on their screen. They are just reading the answers to our questions. Call center agents are not located inside the USEM building premises. They are just like other call centers that are hired by certain companies that need agents to assist the customers/ callers. Only Grace and Lorraine give the right situation in your case and in other cases too but you can't get through their line easily cuz it is always busy. The best thing to do is wait for your case to be put in the system or you can wait for the letter from USEM that will be mailed to you at your doorstep. I had experienced what you are going into right now. It was so stressful but the key is to wait. Don't stress too much with those agents cuz you still have a long way to go this is just the start of your journey, next stress would be interview and medical. Be strong and be patient. Ayo2x permi kabayan.

Hi all!

I'm sharing this horrible experience today with one of the USEM workers.

My fiance called USEM this morning inquiring about our case, we just want to know if we can make a schedule for my medical and interview early since we know our Manila Case Number already from NVC when he called NVC last Feb. 17. He told the USEM staff too that i will be needing the confirmation email of the schedule for getting a request letter from the USEM which i will be needing too in applying for Police Clearance at Japanese Embassy that will take 2-3 months. The staff told him that they only have our electronic case number but not in their system yet, we have to wait till they receive the hardcopy.

Around 3PM this afternoon, I made a follow up call to USEM, I asked if how long it will take for them to input our case to the system when they receive the hardcopy. A female staff answered me that they do not know, it depends on the workload. I explained to her about the Police Clearance and that I am hoping to set my schedule early so I can have the Confirmation Email early too. She said, the USEM will only release the request letter after the interview. I was shocked! I told her that some of the K1 filers got the request letter when they had the confirmation email. She then said that that's not the case anymore and then I asked her when did that policy started since one of my friends got the letter like just this month only. Her voice was irritated already and I really don't know why coz I was talking to her patiently and calmly :innocent: even if she sounded mean to me. She did not answered but said that I have to go to USEM but with no guarantee that the guard will let me go inside. I explained to her again that I am from Cebu and I want to make sure that if i will go there, I wont be just wasting my money and time. She snorted that my problem is not her problem anymore and I have to find way to get that letter on my own. Wow! :wow: I really cant believe she said that. I told her that the reason why im calling it is because they are working there and they know what we need to do. She was not able to reply coz the call was cut...I was saved by the bell..dont have enough phoneload. One thing I'm sure though, I can't take it anymore what ever she will say. That staff surely is not in the good mood and Im hoping she's not like that everyday. Bless her.

Anyway my fiance will call again tomorrow and hoping they will be nice to him.

PEACE TO ALL!!! (L)

K1 Process:
April 22, 2008 I-129F NOA1
Aug. 25, 2008 I-129F NOA2
Aug. 28, 2008 NVC left
Sept. 09, 2008 Consulate received
Sept. 16, 2008 Appointment notice received
Sept. 23, 2008 Filed Jap. police clearance
Sept. 24-25, 2008 Medical exam Done. Thank God I'm healthy
Oct. 03, 2008 Interview date
Nov. 11, 2008 Got a call from Jap. Embassy PC ready for pick up
Nov. 13, 2008 Picked up and submitted the Police clearance to USEM
Nov. 28, 2008 Visa is ready for delivery
Dec. 02, 2008 Visa in transit to Cebu (delayed bcuz Dec. 1 was holiday)
Dec. 03, 2008 Visa received abot na jud tawn Thank you Lord.
Dec. 08, 2008 POE Hawaii, Honolulu
Dec. 09, 2008 Got married (wedding and honeymoon in Hawaii)
Dec. 12, 2008 Newly wed couple flew to SFO, CA

AOS Process:
Feb. 04, 2009 USCIS received AOS docs.
Feb. 12, 2009 NOA received (AOS and EAD)
Feb. 13, 2009 Biometrics appointment received
Feb. 25, 2009 Biometrics schedule (10 AM) San Francisco DONE
March 14, 2009 Received interview schedule
April 11, 2009 Received EAD card
April 21, 2009 Interview (APPROVED) (2 months 17 days from filing)

April 28, 2009 Welcome Letter received
May 2, 2009 GREEN CARD received (2 months and 29 days)
May 22, 2009 Filed SSN
May 24, 2009 Got SSN at SSA
June 11, 2009 SSN Card received in mail

Naturalization

April 30, 2013 N-400 mailed (i used regular mail not express)

May 3, 2013 NOA priority date (received in mail 05/09/13)
May 8, 2013 Check cashed out, received text and email (N-400 accepted)

May 31, 2013 Biometrics

June 4, 2013 In Line

June 6, 2013 Received email and text N400 has been scheduled
June 10, 2013 Received letter in mail
July 16, 2013 Interview @3:30pm SFO

qlko09mo73vl.png

Hi Ann,

I got the confirmation letter already yesterday.We tried calling again and then finally it was in their system already. I cancelled my original plan of going to Manila today to get that letter and im still thinking when to go. Ann how long will it take to process the Police Clearance application? and 2 pm ra jud mag open ang window X for releasing the letter?

how far is Camp Crame from the Japanese embassy? I was adviced to apply in Manila kay it will take longer daw if diri sa Cebu.

Thank you.

Lucy

Hi Lucy, I forgot to tell you that they will not give you the confirmation letter (through email) if your case number is not on their system yet. Sorry about that. Once they have it in their system you can set your interview and medical schedule. USEM call center agents don't know about the real situation on our case cuz they are just waiting and depending on what would pop up on their screen. They are just reading the answers to our questions. Call center agents are not located inside the USEM building premises. They are just like other call centers that are hired by certain companies that need agents to assist the customers/ callers. Only Grace and Lorraine give the right situation in your case and in other cases too but you can't get through their line easily cuz it is always busy. The best thing to do is wait for your case to be put in the system or you can wait for the letter from USEM that will be mailed to you at your doorstep. I had experienced what you are going into right now. It was so stressful but the key is to wait. Don't stress too much with those agents cuz you still have a long way to go this is just the start of your journey, next stress would be interview and medical. Be strong and be patient. Ayo2x permi kabayan.

Hi all!

I'm sharing this horrible experience today with one of the USEM workers.

My fiance called USEM this morning inquiring about our case, we just want to know if we can make a schedule for my medical and interview early since we know our Manila Case Number already from NVC when he called NVC last Feb. 17. He told the USEM staff too that i will be needing the confirmation email of the schedule for getting a request letter from the USEM which i will be needing too in applying for Police Clearance at Japanese Embassy that will take 2-3 months. The staff told him that they only have our electronic case number but not in their system yet, we have to wait till they receive the hardcopy.

Around 3PM this afternoon, I made a follow up call to USEM, I asked if how long it will take for them to input our case to the system when they receive the hardcopy. A female staff answered me that they do not know, it depends on the workload. I explained to her about the Police Clearance and that I am hoping to set my schedule early so I can have the Confirmation Email early too. She said, the USEM will only release the request letter after the interview. I was shocked! I told her that some of the K1 filers got the request letter when they had the confirmation email. She then said that that's not the case anymore and then I asked her when did that policy started since one of my friends got the letter like just this month only. Her voice was irritated already and I really don't know why coz I was talking to her patiently and calmly :innocent: even if she sounded mean to me. She did not answered but said that I have to go to USEM but with no guarantee that the guard will let me go inside. I explained to her again that I am from Cebu and I want to make sure that if i will go there, I wont be just wasting my money and time. She snorted that my problem is not her problem anymore and I have to find way to get that letter on my own. Wow! :wow: I really cant believe she said that. I told her that the reason why im calling it is because they are working there and they know what we need to do. She was not able to reply coz the call was cut...I was saved by the bell..dont have enough phoneload. One thing I'm sure though, I can't take it anymore what ever she will say. That staff surely is not in the good mood and Im hoping she's not like that everyday. Bless her.

Anyway my fiance will call again tomorrow and hoping they will be nice to him.

PEACE TO ALL!!! (L)

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

Well, my Filipina wife lived and worked in Indonesia for just under a year. Indonesia required her to appear IN PERSON to get the police report! I called the US Embassy and asked them what they suggest to do as well, and they told me "I guess she will just have to go to Indonesia!" How stupid! I mean, there has to be another way.... Anyways, I pressed the issue, and the woman also told me that I would have to figure it out for myself. I lost my temper... Isnt it HER job to know the answers?? She asked for our names...

Anyways, after hours on the phone with the embassy, I finally decided to try to call the Indonesian Consulate in the Philippines, and a man there with the title of "International Police Officer" was so nice. He had a friend in Indonesia, and he made all the arrangements for us, had my wife come to see him, and through the mail he got her the police report as well as took care of getting her the the Filipino National Police Record.

In the end, all was well. She passed hehr interview and will be with me May 3rd.

I think we spoke with the same woman at the embassy... how heartless she was...

Brian in Tennessee

I've spoke to them a couple of times already, and I've never had any attitude once from them. From scheduling the interview, to calling and talking to Lorane(not sure if that's how you spell her name :whistle: ) and Grace with no problem. They've actually put me on hold so they could talk to the CO for the correct answers.. but has to do with US embassy questions... not other embassy questions requirements, just becuase they work there, doesn't mean they have to have ALL the answers..

If you knew that Indonesia required you to appear in person, you should of just called them up and see if there was something else they could do for you, as this was not a US matter.. it's an Indonesian matter, they make the rules for their requirements, not the US. You would of saved lots of time and frustration going to them first.. consider it a lesson learned I guess..

And you have to realize, it's the US Embassy, they will cater to the US Citizen before catering to locals calling in, especially if you're trying to call the line that is stated for US citizens to use..

All n all, glad everything turned out great for you and your fiance... best wishes to you both..

Ingats!!

We didn't have problems with the Customer Service Agents as well. The woman i spoke with was from Immigration Section.

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi lucy,

I'm to hear that you got your letter already. Ang mas maau nimo buhaton kay go to USEM at 10:30-11:00 AM kay mao na nga time niadto ko maski ingon sila nga dapat 1pm ra pero ila man ko gipasulod. Mas maau sayo ka didto sa USEM para maprocess nimo ang police clearance half day. This is what I did:

1. Went to USEM around 10:30- 11 AM and got a request letter at window x. No cellphone allowed.

2. Went directly to Japan embassy around 11 AM and filed for police clearance:

Give the following:

Passport and request letter and also bring 2x2 pictures for fingerprint in camp crame.

3. They will give you a form to fill up and then they will hand you a map going to camp crame. I was lucky at that time cuz there was another guy who's from cebu and need a police clearance. We went together to camp crame but we took the MRT going there cuz it is faster that riding the taxi. I'm sorry I can't remember on how to get there through MRT. Better to take a taxi especially if you are alone just tell the driver that you are in hurry. You should be back at Japan embassy before 3pm to pass your fingerprints. They will close at 3pm but if you can't make it just go back at japan embassy the next day and then you're done for that part.

Note:

Set your interview date 7-8 weeks from the day you filed your police clearance para ig time na sa imo interview at least complete ang imo requirements igo2x ra pud na mareceive na nimo imo clearance from japan. Para di ka maunder sa AR (administrative review) ig interview sa consul nimo.

God bless and have a safe trip. Kaya na nimo.....

Hi Ann,

I got the confirmation letter already yesterday.We tried calling again and then finally it was in their system already. I cancelled my original plan of going to Manila today to get that letter and im still thinking when to go. Ann how long will it take to process the Police Clearance application? and 2 pm ra jud mag open ang window X for releasing the letter?

how far is Camp Crame from the Japanese embassy? I was adviced to apply in Manila kay it will take longer daw if diri sa Cebu.

Thank you.

Lucy

K1 Process:
April 22, 2008 I-129F NOA1
Aug. 25, 2008 I-129F NOA2
Aug. 28, 2008 NVC left
Sept. 09, 2008 Consulate received
Sept. 16, 2008 Appointment notice received
Sept. 23, 2008 Filed Jap. police clearance
Sept. 24-25, 2008 Medical exam Done. Thank God I'm healthy
Oct. 03, 2008 Interview date
Nov. 11, 2008 Got a call from Jap. Embassy PC ready for pick up
Nov. 13, 2008 Picked up and submitted the Police clearance to USEM
Nov. 28, 2008 Visa is ready for delivery
Dec. 02, 2008 Visa in transit to Cebu (delayed bcuz Dec. 1 was holiday)
Dec. 03, 2008 Visa received abot na jud tawn Thank you Lord.
Dec. 08, 2008 POE Hawaii, Honolulu
Dec. 09, 2008 Got married (wedding and honeymoon in Hawaii)
Dec. 12, 2008 Newly wed couple flew to SFO, CA

AOS Process:
Feb. 04, 2009 USCIS received AOS docs.
Feb. 12, 2009 NOA received (AOS and EAD)
Feb. 13, 2009 Biometrics appointment received
Feb. 25, 2009 Biometrics schedule (10 AM) San Francisco DONE
March 14, 2009 Received interview schedule
April 11, 2009 Received EAD card
April 21, 2009 Interview (APPROVED) (2 months 17 days from filing)

April 28, 2009 Welcome Letter received
May 2, 2009 GREEN CARD received (2 months and 29 days)
May 22, 2009 Filed SSN
May 24, 2009 Got SSN at SSA
June 11, 2009 SSN Card received in mail

Naturalization

April 30, 2013 N-400 mailed (i used regular mail not express)

May 3, 2013 NOA priority date (received in mail 05/09/13)
May 8, 2013 Check cashed out, received text and email (N-400 accepted)

May 31, 2013 Biometrics

June 4, 2013 In Line

June 6, 2013 Received email and text N400 has been scheduled
June 10, 2013 Received letter in mail
July 16, 2013 Interview @3:30pm SFO

qlko09mo73vl.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.