Serendipity_

VERMONT K-3 Any APPROVALS week of FEB 23, 2009.

333 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

thanks guys :blush:

now, i want to see approvals for Jenn and serendipity and GS4ever (and so many others)PRONTO! :ranting:

Edited by Lisa wa Yazied

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

OMGGGGGGG YAY LISAAAAAAAAAA :dance::dancing::dance::dancing::dance::dancing: ....hey I was just asking how is it u are able to stay so calm, cool and collected and u got out of AP!! Maybe we should all do the same :P

I have to agree with Jen, we are not hating on them, just feel this process is frustrating when some in CSC are getting approved within 1-4 mons and we have been waiting 7+ mons. And all we have right now is one another's shoulder to cry on. You ladies and Steve have been my source of solace throughout this ordeal. It's getting harder by the minute!

Thanks CandidW :thumbs:

Jen, Sarita and others waiting let's hope we can join in the celebration soon. Our approval is way overdue!

And Aruba so happy for u, u've been waiting so patiently! Thanks for the huggggggg :) . I definitely needed one of those so bad today.

NVC Journey: Finally OVER APRIL 21, 2009!!! INTERVIEW PASSED 05/12/09; VISA IN HAND 05/20/09

03/05/09: K3 and I 130 both approved! FINALLY after 230 emotionally trying days @ VSC!!

03/06/2009 : NVC Received; 03/09/09 Case Number Assigned; 03/10/09 K3 stuck in AP

03/17/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills generated (by email @ 10:00 p.m.); 03/18/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills paid online

03/27/2009 : AOS/DS 230 package sent to NVC; 04/02/2009 : AOS & DS-230 entered into NVC system

04/14/2009 : Found out K3 was forwarded to the consulate in Leb and CR1 stuck in AP; 04/18/09: K3 delivered

04/20/09: WOOHOO CR1 already out of AP; DS 230/AOS accepted with no RFEs!! Sign in failed on NVC payment site.

04/21/09: MAGIC CASE COMPLETE @ 4:30 P.M. THANK U GOD!!!

04/27/09: Hubby passed his medical; CR1 interview assigned for June 17th By NVC; but changed to MAY 12th after emailing embassy on 05/05/09 )

an1cET10g410530MDAwMzExOGx8MDAwMDU1NGRhfEFwcHJvdmVkLyBXYWl0aW5nIDQgUmV1bmlvbiE.gif

Interview Passed 05/12/09!!! Visa in hand 05/20/09!!! POE: 05/23/09

as1cEY00g410500MDA0NDZzfDAwMDk3c3xUaWxsIDFzdCB3ZWRkaW5nIGFubml2ZXJzYXJ5.gif

REUNITED JUST IN TIME FOR MY BDAY AND WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!! PRAISE BE TO GOD!

See what happens when I go to be at 9:15? There is always so much action ! :blink:

(((((LISA)))))) GOOD FOR YOU !! I pray you don't have any more pot holes in your road to happiness. You should fly now.

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU !

OK, I will wait until Wednesday of next week. If I don't hear anything by then I will become a huge thorn in someone's side. :whistle:

GOOD KARMA TODAY FOR EVERYONE

I can't take this anymore

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
OK, I will wait until Wednesday of next week. If I don't hear anything by then I will become a huge thorn in someone's side. :whistle:

Yeah I am there with you , Jen. This is me lately :dead::dead::dead::dead: and I definitely need an approval to go back to my normal self :dance::):content::dancing::P The stress is starting to affect my physical and emotional well being.

And you meant Huge thorn, didn't you? :lol:

KARMA STARSSSSSSSSSSS get out here, we desperately need you! :star::star::star::star::star::star:

NVC Journey: Finally OVER APRIL 21, 2009!!! INTERVIEW PASSED 05/12/09; VISA IN HAND 05/20/09

03/05/09: K3 and I 130 both approved! FINALLY after 230 emotionally trying days @ VSC!!

03/06/2009 : NVC Received; 03/09/09 Case Number Assigned; 03/10/09 K3 stuck in AP

03/17/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills generated (by email @ 10:00 p.m.); 03/18/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills paid online

03/27/2009 : AOS/DS 230 package sent to NVC; 04/02/2009 : AOS & DS-230 entered into NVC system

04/14/2009 : Found out K3 was forwarded to the consulate in Leb and CR1 stuck in AP; 04/18/09: K3 delivered

04/20/09: WOOHOO CR1 already out of AP; DS 230/AOS accepted with no RFEs!! Sign in failed on NVC payment site.

04/21/09: MAGIC CASE COMPLETE @ 4:30 P.M. THANK U GOD!!!

04/27/09: Hubby passed his medical; CR1 interview assigned for June 17th By NVC; but changed to MAY 12th after emailing embassy on 05/05/09 )

an1cET10g410530MDAwMzExOGx8MDAwMDU1NGRhfEFwcHJvdmVkLyBXYWl0aW5nIDQgUmV1bmlvbiE.gif

Interview Passed 05/12/09!!! Visa in hand 05/20/09!!! POE: 05/23/09

as1cEY00g410500MDA0NDZzfDAwMDk3c3xUaWxsIDFzdCB3ZWRkaW5nIGFubml2ZXJzYXJ5.gif

REUNITED JUST IN TIME FOR MY BDAY AND WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!! PRAISE BE TO GOD!

Yeah I am there with you , Jen. This is me lately :dead::dead::dead::dead: and I definitely need an approval to go back to my normal self :dance::):content::dancing::P The stress is starting to affect my physical and emotional well being.

KARMA STARSSSSSSSSSSS get out here, we desperately need you! :star::star::star::star::star::star:

YES HUGE THORN !!!

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Thanks Jenn! :)

You're with an officer so you will get good news very soon! I hope its Monday :D

GS, I'll throw some of your good karma stars right back atcha for a speedy approval :star: :star: :star: :star:

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

gS,

i FEEL YOU, I'm feeling down today too, don't see anything in themail or email, nothing!! when is it going to be out turn??

and Lisa, Congrats!!

CR1 ---------> APPROVED MARCH 9, 2009

K3 ~~~~~~> APPROVED MARCH 9, 2009

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Mayra - You should hear something very soon!! Don't lose hope!!

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Mayra - You should hear something very soon!! Don't lose hope!!

Que,

Thanks....I'm trying to hold up, but when I go on this forum and see a lot of "congrats" to people who have gotten their approvals its kinda tough, ya know..... so I called USCIS and they told me they'll look into it, and have not gotten a reply either, they claim to wait another 30 days for a reply, that's outragious...

so I should be happy it's friday, but unless I hear good news it won't be a TGIF!!!!!!

:crying::crying::crying::crying:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I hear you!! It was really frustrating for me as well. It took 8 months to get my NOA2, meanwhile I had seen people getting approvals with NOA1 dates around the same time as me 1 month earlier. Hang in there, you should hear soon. In the mean time try and prepare your paperwork for the Affadavit of support, and DS-230 packages. This way you can follow either the CR-1 or K-3 route. The only difference will be filling out the I-864 for CR-1 vs. I-134 for a K-3.

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Good Morning Everyone..

Spreading spells of LUCK to all! 0002012A.gif

APPROVALS! APPROVALS! APPROVALS!!! 000200A5.gif

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Timeline

:adding Mayra to my overdue approval list:

:ranting: come on Vermont!

Thanks!

Timeline
I hear you!! It was really frustrating for me as well. It took 8 months to get my NOA2, meanwhile I had seen people getting approvals with NOA1 dates around the same time as me 1 month earlier. Hang in there, you should hear soon. In the mean time try and prepare your paperwork for the Affadavit of support, and DS-230 packages. This way you can follow either the CR-1 or K-3 route. The only difference will be filling out the I-864 for CR-1 vs. I-134 for a K-3.

Que,

that's totally not fair, having to wait 8 months, I mean I wonder why some go faster than others, is it country based? I dunno... I think they have hired more people to work applications and the new people took over after a certain period, and thats why we've been seing some later dates approved before ours, thats my theory and I'm sticking to it! hehehe totally not fair.....

anyhow, thanks for explaining the difference in routes, one question I've been told that going the CR1 is better because its cheaper and more benefits, is that true? and whats with the cheaper price tag, I don't understand that part?

I will be getting ready all the documentation for the next step from what I've seen in this forum, its the faster way to go...so this weekend I will be doing that :thumbs::thumbs:

Tahnks again!

Timeline
:adding Mayra to my overdue approval list:

:ranting: come on Vermont!

Thank you lisa :star:;)

I really hope we hear soon or else we're going to crumble

congrats on your AP completion!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Lisa and I both decided to go the K3 route. I don't think it's that much cheaper in the end. Lisa broke it down before. It was like $500 difference...not the $1100 difference some people say.

Who cares about price? To me, it's worth it to have my husband here a few months earlier...and something people don't understand...if you go the K3 route and something goes wrong...you can then go back and continue the CR-1 petition and perhaps get that approved, rather than the K3. But if something goes wrong with your CR-1 petition, you cannot go back and then try and pursue the K3. For me it was kind of like a cushion. If they put our K3 in AP for example, post interview (which is likely since he's Muslim)...then I can just take our I-130 approval and begin processing that via NVC etc and it will be all done and ready while the K3 was in AP...in other words, I will not have lost much time. That is what was explained to me with the lawyer anywayz. Now of course, I'm just hoping the K3 gets approved and my husband will be with me ASAP. Period.

Also, people assume the I-130 only takes a couple months more...who is to say though? You might be the unlucky person whose I-130 takes forever to process and complete? It's all a gamble if you ask me. Either way, you're risking something. I decided to go with the one with the least amount of risk. Not to mention paperwork. I feel much more comfortable doing as little paperwork as possible while my husband is overseas. Once he's here, then the lawyer can work with him on all the extra paperwork and it will be more comfortable and easy than calling and asking questions, getting info on specific dates, etc back and forth ####### for all the stuff they want.

Sorry to rattle on...just wanted to share my opinion on that. But everyone's decision is a good one. There is not "right" or "wrong" whichever way you go.

HEY VSCH!!!!!!!! GET THESE LADIES THEIR DAMN APPROVALS ALREADY!!!!!! ALL MY "OPINIONS" DON'T MATTER IF THEY DON'T HAVE THEIR GD APPROVALS YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE TAKE THOSE PETITIONS OUT OF THE BOX IN THE CORNER AND GET TO WORK ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen, you got news it was with the adjudicator when? Tuesday or Wednesday? Whichever day, you will probably get your approval the same day next week. That's what happened to me!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.