Henna Rose

MENA Sunday 2 ~ 22 ~ 2009

72 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Coming back to the theme of the day - the Oscars ~~ Huge Jackman was brilliant and my favorite actress just won an Oscar - Congrats Penelope Cruz!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Who Hoo ! :dance::dance: She looked stunning !! I just rented that movie today, haven't watched it yet ! Back to the show !!!

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

I (L) the awards this year ! those Indian dancers in pink were gorgeous and the drums...wow !! So many moving films this year...loved the speech Kate Winslet made !!! Heath Ledger (F)

weight.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Making Maqlooba for dinner..anyone wanna come??

What's that? similar to Falafel ? Costco has some pretty good Falafel balls :unsure:

Noooo- its this uber yummy usually rotisserie, but can be baked, chicken in Jordan... I always just assume EVERYONE knows what it is... lol They usually (at least the way I have had it) put a quarter on a mound of rice with "egg planet" boiled right in... Then serve it with of course yogert and salat! lol-my fave. is cucumber tomato salat w/yogert mixed right in!!! and you can't forget the khubz!

Sounds yummy ! I thought it was funny that Costco's Falefel was better than the first time I tried it at a ME restaurant :blink:

Egyptian Falafel is awesome! I make it, but it's just not like what we had in Egypt.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Making Maqlooba for dinner..anyone wanna come??

What's that? similar to Falafel ? Costco has some pretty good Falafel balls :unsure:

Noooo- its this uber yummy usually rotisserie, but can be baked, chicken in Jordan... I always just assume EVERYONE knows what it is... lol They usually (at least the way I have had it) put a quarter on a mound of rice with "egg planet" boiled right in... Then serve it with of course yogert and salat! lol-my fave. is cucumber tomato salat w/yogert mixed right in!!! and you can't forget the khubz!

Sounds yummy ! I thought it was funny that Costco's Falefel was better than the first time I tried it at a ME restaurant :blink:

Egyptian Falafel is awesome! I make it, but it's just not like what we had in Egypt.

well any time you wanna come make it for me here... I'll be here! lol- I have not tried to make falalel yet... I'm afraid to screw up a good thing, ya know?! Can't find the right spices here in good ol' Wyoming either :crying: --I had to mix my own spices, and just go with what I came up with for Maglooba too!--soooo, if anyone has a good suggestion of a website or place Ican visit to stock up on supplies, that would be GREAT! Also I found this yummy tea I just love- chocolate raspberry bliss-by celestial seasons... I add white chocolate raspberry creamer, and it is to die for! Maybe I should be moving to the cooking thread huh?! LOL

April 29, 2008-met Amin- the man of my dreams&love of my life! May 29,2008- flew to Jordan June 1, 2008-started the long CRAZY process of standing in line, waiting for stamps, and being sent from one office to another only to pay another fee and find another line! June 3,2008-The HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE! June 11, 2008- Returned home,started paperwork.June 30, 2008-Sent off I-130 pkt to Chicago.July 3, 2008-I-130 pkt received, fwd to CSC.August 4, 2008-NOA #1 August 11, 2008-Sent in I-129F pkt to CSC.August 18, 2008-NOA#2*APPROVED*September 4, 2008-NVC printed AOS instructions-(mailed Sept. 8) September 13, 2008-Rec'd AOS Bill in the mail.[/i] September 15, 2008-Used online payment option.-October 14, 2008-Sent off AOS packet with joint sponsor info.-rec'd@NVC Oct 15. October 30,2008-Got RFENovember 12, 2008-Priority to NVC,BIOGRAPH/Certs!Here we go![/b]November 19,2008RFE!#######!-overnite Nov 25-3 December, 2008-CASE COMPLETE NVC!INTERVIEW FEB 18TH-Approved!!!February 28,2009 HUBBY ARRIVED ON SATURDAY FEBRUARY 28TH, 2009---LIFE HAS JUST BEGUN!!!!ALHAMDULALLAH!

I also love to watch the Oscars and I was pulling for SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE!

What a great movie and for a country who produces more films than anyone else in the world I am so glad to see

them get the international recognition they deserve. :thumbs:

Great country, great culture, great people!

I just adore the Bollywood films as well.

i never had maglooba before but that pic that Jax posted looks delicious...Egyptian right?

I am not too familiar with their food but I like anything so I am sure I will love it!

I get to back to my cooking again. I had wonderful FREE Indian cuisine last night and just in time for the big SLUM DOG sweep at the Oscars :thumbs:

Timeline
I won the Oscar pool! Pretty good for only having seen Slumdog Millionaire, Revolutionary Road, and The Class! I got 18/20ish right! :D

You won the pot of Oscar gold :dance: I was so happy for SD Millionaire ! Still, wishing that Gran Torino may have received some sort of recognition :crying: I couldn't help noticing Jennifer Aniston looked a bit uncomfortable when she was presenting right in front of Brad and Angelina :unsure: the drama of the Oscars....Ben Stiller's impersonation of J. Phoenix was kinda strange, too :unsure: I loved the way Steve Martin and Tina Fey presented the writing awards :thumbs:

weight.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Henna, SO SORRY I haven't gotten in here early. I actually had to WORK this morning...at work...so I haven't been able to catch up on any fun emails, threads OR FB. I will definitely be taking care of the mah farm and Yoville this afternoon!!!! :lol:

I had MAD fun yesterday afternoon. Me and four other girlie friends went out for a movie and dinner. We went to see "He's Just Not That In To You" and went for margaritas afterwards. Got home just as the Oscars were starting. Hicham kept trying to talk and I would have to "shush" him and run him off. :whistle:

I thought Hugh Jackman did a GREAT job! I liked that he didn't make all those uncomfortable jokes that aren't that funny and too political, know what I mean? That's why I watch Jon Stewart! He is really a talented guy. I really liked the salute to Old Hollywood.

I also thought how they brought past winners out to cite the nominees was kinda cool. I got choked up when Shirley McClaine was talked to Ann Hathaway. LOVED seeing Sophie Lauren too.

No real surprises for me, I pretty much predicted the winners before the envelopes were open. I also watch the SAG awards and some of the Golden Globes and I can usually pick from that.

I was happy to see Slum Dog do so well. All that I've read about the film and those involved is that it was a labor of love and the cast and crew became sort of like family. I also love Bollywood films and I think it's great that they are getting more recognition here in the States.

I haven't seen Vickie Christina yet, but I have seen many, many of Penelope Cruz's movies and I was glad to see her win. I'm torn about the award to Heath, because he really deserved it. I'm just such a BIG fan of Robert Downey, Jr. Ledger's family's acceptance speech was very touching though.

I wasn't surprised by Kate's win, but I am partial to Meryl Streep....I mean there is a reason she's been nominated 14 times!!!!

I wasn't surprised by Sean Penn's win either. He is an incredible actor. I just wanted to see Mickey Rourke get it. I'm just a sucker for the underdog...comback thing you know. Penn threw me a carrot when he mentioned him at the end though.

Oh, and the tigger thing that Danny Boyle did when he won for Slum Dog. I thought that was just great.

***Don't know how many of you caught the documentary nominees. There was a movie in there called "Dancing with Bashir". It is supposedly about the Sabra and Shatilla massacres as told by an Israeli soldier that was there. Haven't been able to see it yet. I had heard about it, but forgotten that it was up for an award.

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I thought Ben Stiller's impersonation of J Phoenix was hilarious!!!

Oh yeah...I forgot about that. I thought it was pretty funny. I felt bad for the people in the category because NO ONE was paying attention....maybe except them.

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Timeline
Henna, SO SORRY I haven't gotten in here early. I actually had to WORK this morning...at work...

I was hoping you would show up with your review of the Oscars :thumbs: Sounds like you had a fun night ! Me too, a friend brought Chinese, I made nachos and we mixed up some Cosmos :blink:

Jen ~ I was crackin up over Ben Stiller, then I was waiting to see if that was going to be one of those "uncomfortable Oscar moments." I wonder what J Phoenix thought of it ? (L) the old Hollwood pieces presented, too !

I was thinking last night as I watched the huge array and range of talent of these actors and filmmakers, and I think it was Penelope Cruz that said this, "art and movies are the universal language." I am so inspired by the creative efforts and talents of those involved in films all over the world :dance::dance:

weight.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.