jasminelily

Biometrics Walk In Experience and Questions

5 posts in this topic

Good evening fellow VJers,

My original biometrics appointment was for Mar 7, but I'm so paranoid that I'm always thinking what if something come up that I can't go on that day. So I decided to do a walk in today, which is two weeks early. When I got there little before 8am which is before the ASC door was open, there were already 20 people standing in line. I was so afraid that they won't let me in because I heard someone on this forum said that they only allow walk in when there's less than 10 people in line. So when I went up to the guard, there is a huge sign said something like (I don't remember the exact wording) "Only people with appointment letter on that day is allowed in" and it's a federal yellow security threat warning. I was lilke oh #######! Drove an hour there, I was about to beg them if they say no. But to my surprise, the guard who handed me the form to filled out didn't even look at my date, just let me in. Then finish filled out the form, handed it to the receptionist, she did looked at the appointment date but didn't say anything about me going there early. Then finished everything from waiting to leaving in half an hour. Wow! What a relieve!

Questions:

(1) When fingerprinting, I saw on the screen that "ridge break", "match warning", and sometimes is "pass". Of course I'm worrying about the pass, but what about the ridge break and match warning? Does that mean they're going to send me another biometrics letter and ask me to re-do it?

(2) I went home and check on my case status, no LUD. May be because it's a Saturday, should I be worried if no touch after walk in biometrics?

Thanks a lot in advance!

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Filed: Timeline

Hi Jasmine,

I was chatting all the way with the associate who did my finger printing and I had the same concern, or rather just curiosity on those terms. He did not tell me what exactly it is but he said he is responsible to make sure all the fingerprints are valid for USCIS use and he would not let me go if they are not! Don't worry about it :)

What is LUD? I believe they do not update you regarding the biometrics online. There were no updates on my case status between my biometrics and the request of I-485 initial interview (which was one month apart).

I am sure you did fine!

All the best and have a very smooth journey!

Hana

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Glad you were able to get the biometrics done early.

I had ridge break, match warning and pass also show up while having my most recent biometrics (don't recall about earlier ones) and asked. He said not to worry, that was just to tell him what to do to capture the best fingerprint and that they wouldn't let me go unless the fingerprints were good. They must have been good because I received my green card (my 10 year card as my biometrics was for removal of conditions) without having to be re-fingerprinted. I suspect yours are fine as well. You may or may not find your case status touched after biometrics. Usually, you are, but that isn't always the case.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Just to let everyone know that my case got LUD today after the walk in biometrics on Saturday, such a relieve. :thumbs:

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Jasminelily,

I've done a biometrics walk-in experience last year (September 2008), which you can read about this detailed experience here on this VJ post:

"I-751: Biometrics “Walk-In Gamble”...., A Detailed Review of Ant's "Successful Day"..."

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=153099&hl=

Hope this helps. Good luck on the rest of your immigration journey too.

Ant (Still waiting at the VSC, Still waiting for Baby...)

P.S. In answer to your post question: I did my Biometrics on 09/24/08 (Wednesday), but my case wasn't LUD/touched until 09/26/08 (Friday). So yes, there can be a bit of a delay when it comes to them updating their system for biometrics. By the way, my case hasn't been touched since 09/26/08, so the waiting continues for me...(lol..and that's the thing that one should be more concerned about instead...no touches after the last biometrics touch... :angry: )

Good evening fellow VJers,

My original biometrics appointment was for Mar 7, but I'm so paranoid that I'm always thinking what if something come up that I can't go on that day. So I decided to do a walk in today, which is two weeks early. When I got there little before 8am which is before the ASC door was open, there were already 20 people standing in line. I was so afraid that they won't let me in because I heard someone on this forum said that they only allow walk in when there's less than 10 people in line. So when I went up to the guard, there is a huge sign said something like (I don't remember the exact wording) "Only people with appointment letter on that day is allowed in" and it's a federal yellow security threat warning. I was lilke oh #######! Drove an hour there, I was about to beg them if they say no. But to my surprise, the guard who handed me the form to filled out didn't even look at my date, just let me in. Then finish filled out the form, handed it to the receptionist, she did looked at the appointment date but didn't say anything about me going there early. Then finished everything from waiting to leaving in half an hour. Wow! What a relieve!

Questions:

(1) When fingerprinting, I saw on the screen that "ridge break", "match warning", and sometimes is "pass". Of course I'm worrying about the pass, but what about the ridge break and match warning? Does that mean they're going to send me another biometrics letter and ask me to re-do it?

(2) I went home and check on my case status, no LUD. May be because it's a Saturday, should I be worried if no touch after walk in biometrics?

Thanks a lot in advance!

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.