haleywynne

Proof of an ongoing relationship

18 posts in this topic

I'm having problems getting MSN conversations to print right/transfer to another program right for printing...

However, I have multiple boarding passes and flight itineraries from every time we've visited each other and about 15 photos (we have a lot more, too). Would these be a good way to prove an ongoing relationship?

I was relying on the MSN convos working, but I can't figure out how to open them to where it actually looks like one. Also, no we don't have emails because we use MSN and Blackberry Messenger so much.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
If you are filing the petition then you need to send proof of having met in the past 2 years so the itenaries, tickets and photos are alright. Proof of ongoing relationship will be required at the interview stage.

That is correct. Save most if not all for later at the interview but the only way to use MSN or Yahoo logs as evidence is to print screen and paste into Word etc. This preserves the formating. Copy and pasting text cannot be distiguished from simply typing up fake logs.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

If you are filing the petition then you need to send proof of having met in the past 2 years so the itenaries, tickets and photos are alright. Proof of ongoing relationship will be required at the interview stage.

That is correct. Save most if not all for later at the interview but the only way to use MSN or Yahoo logs as evidence is to print screen and paste into Word etc. This preserves the formating. Copy and pasting text cannot be distiguished from simply typing up fake logs.

That's what I thought too when I was trying to transfer it. Print screen would be easy :)

Thanks both of you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I'm having problems getting MSN conversations to print right/transfer to another program right for printing...

However, I have multiple boarding passes and flight itineraries from every time we've visited each other and about 15 photos (we have a lot more, too). Would these be a good way to prove an ongoing relationship?

I was relying on the MSN convos working, but I can't figure out how to open them to where it actually looks like one. Also, no we don't have emails because we use MSN and Blackberry Messenger so much.

wat i did was make a screencap of the conversation...i ran out of ink so i just got the screencap developed with my other pics :blink:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

well...how do you preserve the whole convo?? it seems that you can only print that little part of the combo that u did the print screen for, right???

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
well...how do you preserve the whole convo?? it seems that you can only print that little part of the combo that u did the print screen for, right???

Ohh I dont think they care about what you talked about and dont need to see the entire conversation... but the logs will show a time, date and by selecting several to print it will show that your contact has been consistant...

Today is the Tomorrow, you worried about Yesterday .....

05-Dec-04 Shay and I met online.

17-Feb-07 Shay came to visit me Australia for 5 and half wonderful weeks.

---

02-Oct-08 Shay lodged 1-129F

07-Oct-08 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA1 had been approved

07-Jan-09 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA2 had been approved

14-Jan-09 NVC notification recieved

29-Jan-09 I recieved pk 3 in the mail

29-Jan-09 I recieved passport in the mail

04-Feb-09 I went for my police check

20-Feb-09 medical

24-Feb-09 Picked up medical results *PASSED*

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

02-Mar-09 Embassy received pack 3

24-Mar-09 Interview @ 9.00am

!!!!!!!! VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!

27-Mar-09 Visa Arrives in Mail

---

14-Apr-09 Departing for the US

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

got ya :thumbs:

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

Ohh I dont think they care about what you talked about and dont need to see the entire conversation... but the logs will show a time, date and by selecting several to print it will show that your contact has been consistant...

How can I show the date and time if its just a print screen?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Thank is correct. I had about 6 months of conversations on Yahoo and I could only print the first page of each. This seemed to work fine and at least showed that we chatted almost everyday.

How can I show the date and time if its just a print screen?

You creencap the window showing your chat-log, which shows the date/duration of the conversations, and you paste that into a word document, and print. If you have a very long chat-log you may have to do this a few times to print your entire log.

Good luck,

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

one person had to go back the next day because he blacked out the conversations. the officer said yes, he wanted to see them regardless of how private (because that's what relationships are). After he got them he didn't read them; just glanced at dates and that there was content.

I'm going to just take pictures of my computer screen since for me that's the fastest way to do it...take pics and print pics and i'm done.

I'd love to be at the interview stage, though

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

You seem to know A LOT about this process from all the posts I've read in the past. I have a question for you, and I hope you could help me. Okay, we're not at the interview stage yet, but I have a lot of things ready to show on-going proof of our relationship. I save everything. The things I have saved so far are phone bills, photos of my fiance & I, photos with friends & family, flight itineraries, flight tickets, passport stamps, letters, e-mails, cards, train tickets, movie tickets, you name it..... well anyway among all these things I have saved, I wanted to ask you about our chat logs. See, we don't really chat on-line as we use voice/video chat all the time. I went ahead & took screen shots of our call logs on Skype. It shows the dates, times, and duration of all the calls we have ever made on there. I went ahead and took multiple screen shots of the call history log. Is this enough, or do they only accept chat logs where they can see actual words that we were typing? I think this should be just fine, but I just want to make sure so we can be on the safe side. Your help would be GREATLY appreciated! :) Thanks! God bless! :)

Edited by inGODShands

In happy moments... PRAISE God.

In difficult moments... SEEK God.

In quiet moments... WORSHIP God.

In painful moments... TRUST God.

At every moment... THANK God.

If God brings you to it, HE will bring you through it.

God does not ALWAYS remove difficulties.

He uses them for our own good and His glory.

Our Timeline:

K-1 Interview------> May 19, 2009

Visa received------> July 20, 2009

US Entry-----------> July 27, 2009

Marriage-----------> July 30, 2009

AOS Filed-----------> October 16, 2009

Biometrics-----------> November 17, 2009

AP received-----------> December 12, 2009

AOS approved-----------> January 12, 2010

Greencard received-----------> January 23, 2010

I-751 Package sent-----------> November 28, 2011

Package received-----------> November 29, 2011

NOA-----------> November 29, 2011

Check cashed-----------> December 1, 2011

EL HAMDULLELAH! =oD

pvog3oc658.png

anmde68d690bf5c310d.gif

2ls6rf4.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
You seem to know A LOT about this process from all the posts I've read in the past. I have a question for you, and I hope you could help me. Okay, we're not at the interview stage yet, but I have a lot of things ready to show on-going proof of our relationship. I save everything. The things I have saved so far are phone bills, photos of my fiance & I, photos with friends & family, flight itineraries, flight tickets, passport stamps, letters, e-mails, cards, train tickets, movie tickets, you name it..... well anyway among all these things I have saved, I wanted to ask you about our chat logs. See, we don't really chat on-line as we use voice/video chat all the time. I went ahead & took screen shots of our call logs on Skype. It shows the dates, times, and duration of all the calls we have ever made on there. I went ahead and took multiple screen shots of the call history log. Is this enough, or do they only accept chat logs where they can see actual words that we were typing? I think this should be just fine, but I just want to make sure so we can be on the safe side. Your help would be GREATLY appreciated! :) Thanks! God bless! :)

You can never tell what will be "enough". We included some examples of our written conversations but neither of us speaks the language of the other fluently, so those were a necessary part of our relationship and our evidence. I also took half a dozen screen shots while were were conversing on the webcam. Most included additional family members in the shots, such as holidays or other times the conversations included others.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yeah, I know it's always best to take in as much as you can to the interview because you never know. I was just wondering if the phone logs were fine or if I should take in some written logs, too. It just that as I told you in my last post we voice chat/video chat all the time, so if you read our logs, they seriously don't make any sense. LoL It's just like a few words here and there but not nearly enough to follow a simple conversation because we're actually TALKING and not TYPING. :blush: I'll do what you said though and show both. I, too, took screen shots of him & I video chatting, & his family/my family are included in some shots, too. I'm going to take something of EVERYTHING that I have. I hope that will work. :D Thank you SO MUCH, Pushbrk! :D That was very kind of you to help! May God bless you! :star::innocent::star:

You can never tell what will be "enough". We included some examples of our written conversations but neither of us speaks the language of the other fluently, so those were a necessary part of our relationship and our evidence. I also took half a dozen screen shots while were were conversing on the webcam. Most included additional family members in the shots, such as holidays or other times the conversations included others.

In happy moments... PRAISE God.

In difficult moments... SEEK God.

In quiet moments... WORSHIP God.

In painful moments... TRUST God.

At every moment... THANK God.

If God brings you to it, HE will bring you through it.

God does not ALWAYS remove difficulties.

He uses them for our own good and His glory.

Our Timeline:

K-1 Interview------> May 19, 2009

Visa received------> July 20, 2009

US Entry-----------> July 27, 2009

Marriage-----------> July 30, 2009

AOS Filed-----------> October 16, 2009

Biometrics-----------> November 17, 2009

AP received-----------> December 12, 2009

AOS approved-----------> January 12, 2010

Greencard received-----------> January 23, 2010

I-751 Package sent-----------> November 28, 2011

Package received-----------> November 29, 2011

NOA-----------> November 29, 2011

Check cashed-----------> December 1, 2011

EL HAMDULLELAH! =oD

pvog3oc658.png

anmde68d690bf5c310d.gif

2ls6rf4.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.