bggirl

"Living together" requirement

4 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hi, all,

I would like to ask for opinion on the requirement to "live together" when filing under the 3-year exception. It did not bother me before but after reading some of the posts, I am starting to get paranoid :blink:

My husband and I have been married for 4 and a half years, and my interview for citizenship is next month. Last year I spent a little over 5 months outside the States (in my home country due to my mom having surgery), I came back for almost 3 months, and then I had to go again for another 2 months. Now I am back. Do you think they might consider these two instances as "not living together" for the purpose of citizenship?

Thanks for your input!

N400: D/O - Las Vegas, NV

10/10/08 : N-400 Mailed to CSC.

10/13/08 : N-400 received

10/16/08 : money order presented for payment

10/20/08 : NOA received ; case transferred to NBC

10/16/08 : date of notice

10/14/08 : priority date

10/27/08 : FP Notification received

11/13/08 : scheduled for FP and done

01/21/09 : IL received

03/23/09 : Interview scheduled and completed successfully!

Happy and waiting for oath letter- 4 to 6 weeks according to the IO........

04/11/09 : Received Oath letter (scheduled for May 1)

05/01/09 : Took oath!! A very special day for me and my family!

Hi, all,

I would like to ask for opinion on the requirement to "live together" when filing under the 3-year exception. It did not bother me before but after reading some of the posts, I am starting to get paranoid :blink:

My husband and I have been married for 4 and a half years, and my interview for citizenship is next month. Last year I spent a little over 5 months outside the States (in my home country due to my mom having surgery), I came back for almost 3 months, and then I had to go again for another 2 months. Now I am back. Do you think they might consider these two instances as "not living together" for the purpose of citizenship?

Thanks for your input!

Probably not.

But it is depending on USCIS adjudicator during your interview.

Just in case, you may want to bring the proof for following.

- being married with your spouse for 4 and half year, and also having happy marriage life

- the proof for reason to be out of country for that long. Such as the letter to explain your mom's health condition, doctor's letter to explain your mom's health requiring somebody's attention, and/or other things like that.

- notarized affidavit of support statement from your neighbors stating your marriage life ?

Timeline
Hi, all,

Thanks for your input!

Probably not.

But it is depending on USCIS adjudicator during your interview.

Just in case, you may want to bring the proof for following.

- being married with your spouse for 4 and half year, and also having happy marriage life

- the proof for reason to be out of country for that long. Such as the letter to explain your mom's health condition, doctor's letter to explain your mom's health requiring somebody's attention, and/or other things like that.

- notarized affidavit of support statement from your neighbors stating your marriage life ?

Thank you, moonhunt!

I have her diagnosis and the paperwork for her medical leave from work but they are not translated (I was thinking that I will give it for translation in case they request it). Hopefully, I would not need them :whistle:

N400: D/O - Las Vegas, NV

10/10/08 : N-400 Mailed to CSC.

10/13/08 : N-400 received

10/16/08 : money order presented for payment

10/20/08 : NOA received ; case transferred to NBC

10/16/08 : date of notice

10/14/08 : priority date

10/27/08 : FP Notification received

11/13/08 : scheduled for FP and done

01/21/09 : IL received

03/23/09 : Interview scheduled and completed successfully!

Happy and waiting for oath letter- 4 to 6 weeks according to the IO........

04/11/09 : Received Oath letter (scheduled for May 1)

05/01/09 : Took oath!! A very special day for me and my family!

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Thank you, moonhunt!

I have her diagnosis and the paperwork for her medical leave from work but they are not translated (I was thinking that I will give it for translation in case they request it). Hopefully, I would not need them :whistle:

get those things translated, and good luck in your interview.

tell them i sent you. :D

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.