USb7773

Possible I-751 denial

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

This is a hypothetical I have been thinking about because a few people have reported that RFEs were sent to them but they never received them. What would happen if USCIS sends you an RFE and, for whatever reason, you do not receive the letter (and no update on the website) so off you go on your trip. The RFE expires and they deny your I751 on those grounds. Then you fly back to the US while all of this is unknown to you.

Would you be allowed back in in that situation??

Note I was thinking of this because I filed in early April, got my NOA and never received my biometrics letter. So in mid May I made an infopass appointment and they told me "you never showed up to your biometrics appt." The lady was nice, rescheduled it right on the spot and problem was averted. But what if this happens with an RFE and you dont go check with infopass every other week?

I'd think the only way to gain entry would be to attempt to be paroled into the country to appeal the decision.

Note I was thinking of this because I filed in early April, got my NOA and never received my biometrics letter. So in mid May I made an infopass appointment and they told me "you never showed up to your biometrics appt." The lady was nice, rescheduled it right on the spot and problem was averted. But what if this happens with an RFE and you dont go check with infopass every other week?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Did you move and forget to change your address?

Usually everytime they send you a notice they will update in the Website. For example, when hubby got his biometrics letter, the website stated: On July 11th we send you a notification.........

Before that it said, on June 25th we sent you a notification........

At least that is how our experience has been.

US.gifVenezuela.gifUK.gif

dogdogcbu20090513_-30_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I worry about that too, but for another reason, for some reason they send some notices to me like my biometrics, but send everything esle to my attorney that i filed my AOS with. If I don't check with her, she thinks I got a copy as she usually also gets copies of everything I get, but this time around they seem to only send her the letters and not me. So if I don't check with her to make sure she got something, I never know. Also, my online info never changes much, it never states when they mailed anything, sometimes only stating that they have (which has always been the messages since i filled april 2008). I never got noticed they trasnfered my case like the online says, I never got my NOA until my attorney mailed me her copy. And i never said online anything about biometrics or was my info touched after I had it. So I worry sometimes that the paperwork just gets lost somewhere and my online info does not get updated.

Mailed N-400 March 6th via priority certified mail and Rec'd 9th (confirmation by USPS)

NOA rec'd: 3/19/2009 (date 3/16/2009, priority 3/9/2009)

Biometrics rec'd 3/26/2009, appt 4/9/2009

IL: 5/22/09

ID: 07/06/2009

Oath: 07/16/2009

SSN updated: 7/16/2009 (not received yet)

Passport rec'd: 8/15/2009(nat. certif not rec'd yet)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.