SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello Yardies, I am celebrating today because I got my interview date!!! For all of you that still waiting let me tell you, Harass the heck out of the embassy. I was emailing them everyday because I wanted an interview in early May and guess what I got one April 27th at 7:30am. :dance::dance: I am going to Jamaica in three weeks :dancing::dancing:

OK, now i am really starting to feel old b/c i can remember when Lovesponge first sent off the paperwork or i am confused! I am so happy for you and Thompson. that is the one thing that i love about VJ, good news! :D

so true that, i was missing in action for a minute, within that lost time so much has happened but i will only share the highlights. i wish i was going to JA with honey, b/c i need a vacation or actual real sex. Ryon and i have argued, broke-up, argued and broken-up over and over again. it really drains me. this LDR is a punkazz bytch. :help:

is it possible to PMS twice in 1 month? they ended-up cutting off my father foot to stop the spread of infection. nice :no: i thought that when my relationship was going bad then my family or work would be good. not true. and, dillon stop cleaning, that danm house was clean before you went to the interview an i know Alley© do not care, as long as he is with you! :yes:

so in the mist of argue'g Ryon stated that "he do not know what i expect, he never experienced a love like this before" an all this time i thought that our age difference was our biggest problem. so in conclusion to the drama this is my first LDR and his first relationship(?) :wacko: . wow, one more thing that we have in common. :hehe:

good morning all, i am going back to reading my book about multicultural relationships! it is the only thing that keeps the voices out of my head. i miss and love everyone today and tomorrow. LOL :dance:

Sorry to hear about the troubles Ryon. Hope your dad can heal better now - that's traumatic.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Hi Ryon~ Sorry to hear about your Dad hope that there isn't anymore complications. I am just about done cleaning, I just have to do some laundry and clean the bathroom, it feels so good to have a clean house.

You inspired me to do the same thing - I cleaned Alexa's room with a trash bag! But it does feel good - everything is sparkling and smells fresh.

Not going to the party?

Total 1700.00

:wow:

Like the new pic Thompson!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Since we're on the topic of arguments...

I WISH we argued more. Instead, whenever I try to have a discussion where we disagree on something, which Steven calls an argument, I tend to speak calmly & logically. He, though, acts like I'm breaking his heart by being displeased with something, and he immediately claims all blame and apologizes profusely. I'm like, it doesn't MATTER who is at fault. Let's get to the root of the issue. Therefore, I care less about hearing (or saying) "I'm sorry." I rather get to the root of the issue so we can grow in understanding of each other. But he's more into apologizing than understanding.

I think that will change as time goes on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found this link (posted by Marlita) in the Stella story, pt 1.

For those who haven't got to enjoy the sights: http://www.myspace.com/jamaicasfinestbods

Edited by NatPatBen

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Does anyone else plan to buy a new mattress when their SO moves in? I'm thinking to get a new mattress right before Steven arrives so that he'll be the only man to have ever slept on it. I might finally spring for the Tempurpedic that I've wanted since I was young.

Hmmmmmmm, lemme tell you something about he tempurpedic. We have one. Lovely for sleeping.

HOWEVER, not good for other things (to me). Its like making whoopee in the sand. No bounce, you just sink in. Moving around takes three times the effort, if you know what I mean! A lot of work, with no help from the bed. Now girls, I know I am a lazy ######, but I like the spring of springs. I don't know. I never would have even thought about it, but now that I know, I will never get another one.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Its like making whoopee in the sand. No bounce, you just sink in. Moving around takes three times the effort, if you know what I mean! A lot of work, with no help from the bed. Now girls, I know I am a lazy ######, but I like the spring of springs. I don't know. I never would have even thought about it, but now that I know, I will never get another one.

oh.my.lawd

im dying laughing, im filing away this firsthand knowledge

:rofl:

Timeline
True but like you said you and DJ work through it. I tell you Rocky always wants to be like whatever or he wants to hang up. No lets talk about it and he says why it will only lead to another arguement. So what I want to talk about it anyway..

Psssss hey Sus I'll never admit it if Rocky ever found out but you know whats crazy when I'm fighting with him I always feel like I'm mad at the world and then when we make up and everything is good I can walk on air. This ish is soooo crazy. But like I said I'll never admit it...lol

We work through it now, Dada - but it took a while to get there - At first, he would get really quiet - and I would push and push until he let it out (very hard to do on the phone, easier when I am in his face) - DJ never hung up on me - but we had a HUGE fight where he went to walk out and I blocked his way until he got so upset he let it out - because his way was to avoid - I dealt with that in my past, I grew up like that -I won't do it in my marriage - We definitely don't see eye to eye all the time, we will go days with being pissy to one another - but we get through it.

It sounds like you and Rocky need to come to an understanding on how you fight - cause if you don't resolve it, it just builds up and eventually you hit an explosion -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
DaDA - What kind of arguments or disagreements do you have with your SO? If I'm not overstepping the boundary. I'm just curious to know if they are small or little things that he or you are address at some point.

What do we argue about hmm everything!!! We mainly argue about him not talking or opening up to me. I'm trying to get to know him so I want him to talk about himself and he does but when he feels like it. I guess my main problem is I have to learn that he is different and unlike me. Not everyone likes to sit on the phone for hours a day. He works hard long hours and he is normally tired and likes to chill but I want to talk. Its something about his voice that I just love I swear I can listen to this man talk for hours. Sometimes he be talking and I can’t tell you what he said cuz I was so distracted by his voice. I just LOVE a Caribbean accent. Whoo wait let me go back there I am getting off the subject.

Anyway we have different opinions on things. One of them was the birthday thing Oh one of our recent arguments was over my SO best friend. My SO doesn’t have that many friends. He hangs out with this one friend the most we'll Roy. Well I consider myself a friendly person so since we are normally with the guy I have become very good acquaintances with him. Well something about me and Roy's relationship just bothers my SO. He says I am too friendly with him and he hates how I always ask about Roy when we’re on the phone. Like when I'm talking to my SO I'll be like hey how's Roy etc.... Now ladies yes don’t get me wrong Roy is a cutie but I'm off limits. My heart, eyes and soul belongs to my SO. I figure my SO is best friends with him so I'll be cool with him too but I don’t see how I'm too friendly, so we argued about that cause I told my SO I DO NOT like his friend and I will never ask about him again but the one thing that pissed me off was my SO didn’t want to talk about why he thought I liked him he just said he thinks I like him. Oh and me and my SO normally goes to a bar or club and you know how the Jamaican men can be at times they all want to speak and cut eyes at you and yes I speak back and that bothers my SO that I speak. He says I’m flirting. I don’t believe in being rude so yes I speak but he thinks I should not. Like #######!! But what kills me is that instead of talking or discussing it right then and there he’ll wait until another day or 50 conversations later and bring it up.

Timeline
Since we're on the topic of arguments...

I WISH we argued more. Instead, whenever I try to have a discussion where we disagree on something, which Steven calls an argument, I tend to speak calmly & logically. He, though, acts like I'm breaking his heart by being displeased with something, and he immediately claims all blame and apologizes profusely. I'm like, it doesn't MATTER who is at fault. Let's get to the root of the issue. Therefore, I care less about hearing (or saying) "I'm sorry." I rather get to the root of the issue so we can grow in understanding of each other. But he's more into apologizing than understanding.

I think that will change as time goes on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found this link (posted by Marlita) in the Stella story, pt 1.

For those who haven't got to enjoy the sights: http://www.myspace.com/jamaicasfinestbods

Very Very Nice in deed :thumbs: But umm the one that is in the water turned to the side mi wonder is em hood that long that its rolled up or is der a sock in em pants?? :innocent:

Edited by DaDa

Timeline
True but like you said you and DJ work through it. I tell you Rocky always wants to be like whatever or he wants to hang up. No lets talk about it and he says why it will only lead to another arguement. So what I want to talk about it anyway..

Psssss hey Sus I'll never admit it if Rocky ever found out but you know whats crazy when I'm fighting with him I always feel like I'm mad at the world and then when we make up and everything is good I can walk on air. This ish is soooo crazy. But like I said I'll never admit it...lol

We work through it now, Dada - but it took a while to get there - At first, he would get really quiet - and I would push and push until he let it out (very hard to do on the phone, easier when I am in his face) - DJ never hung up on me - but we had a HUGE fight where he went to walk out and I blocked his way until he got so upset he let it out - because his way was to avoid - I dealt with that in my past, I grew up like that -I won't do it in my marriage - We definitely don't see eye to eye all the time, we will go days with being pissy to one another - but we get through it.

It sounds like you and Rocky need to come to an understanding on how you fight - cause if you don't resolve it, it just builds up and eventually you hit an explosion -

DJ has never hung up on you?? Wow wish I could say that. Rocky used to hang up on me all the time but he has since chilled cause I started hanging up on him back. I guess once he seen how it felt he cut that ish out. Another thing was when were mad at each other he would try not to answer his phone he knew this would upset me even more so I in turn did the same thing. When we got into it I wouldn’t answer my phone. He now answers his phone all the time. I guess were taking baby steps. Now if I can just get him to talk to me more when he’s upset I'll be 1/2 way there. I will say that it is better when I'm there. If we argue well when we argue when I'm there I can get in his face or pester him.. LOL The one time we argued he tried to go to sleep on me and I let him. I waited until he was good and knocked out and then I got on top of him and was in his face like so why did you say that? After looking at me like I was crazy he started laughing like, “Cris Dada you just won’t stop.” Nope not until you tell me...LMAO I can laugh now but I was so serious then....

Timeline
Hello Yardies, I am celebrating today because I got my interview date!!! For all of you that still waiting let me tell you, Harass the heck out of the embassy. I was emailing them everyday because I wanted an interview in early May and guess what I got one April 27th at 7:30am. :dance::dance: I am going to Jamaica in three weeks :dancing::dancing:

OK, now i am really starting to feel old b/c i can remember when Lovesponge first sent off the paperwork or i am confused! I am so happy for you and Thompson. that is the one thing that i love about VJ, good news! :D

so true that, i was missing in action for a minute, within that lost time so much has happened but i will only share the highlights. i wish i was going to JA with honey, b/c i need a vacation or actual real sex. Ryon and i have argued, broke-up, argued and broken-up over and over again. it really drains me. this LDR is a punkazz bytch. :help:

is it possible to PMS twice in 1 month? they ended-up cutting off my father foot to stop the spread of infection. nice :no: i thought that when my relationship was going bad then my family or work would be good. not true. and, dillon stop cleaning, that danm house was clean before you went to the interview an i know Alley© do not care, as long as he is with you! :yes:

so in the mist of argue'g Ryon stated that "he do not know what i expect, he never experienced a love like this before" an all this time i thought that our age difference was our biggest problem. so in conclusion to the drama this is my first LDR and his first relationship(?) :wacko: . wow, one more thing that we have in common. :hehe:

good morning all, i am going back to reading my book about multicultural relationships! it is the only thing that keeps the voices out of my head. i miss and love everyone today and tomorrow. LOL :dance:

ps. i know i gave up shopping for lent but the ugg boots are 50% off! (sorry jesus)

7adf1431.jpgac093a18.jpge7ca70f6.jpgbf933921.jpg

Hey Ryon sorry to hear about you dad, I hope he recovers very soon.

You might be confused because I found VJ a month after I already sent the documents but maybe you remember when I was a newbie it was in November of last year.

It does seem that when I am having issues with my relationship everything else is jacked up at the same time (friends, family, work), I guess its just our frame of mind.

It is possible to PMS twice in one month in the beginning and the end depending on how many days your cycle is. :angry:

Glad to know you are staying positive throughout all of your dilemas, you are a strong woman. Dont worry about your man one trip to JA and he will sweep you off your feet all over again. :yes:

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Hard to say...

Wedding packages here start at $1000, but if you were say in the rural areas it could cost much less...I guess if you LOVE their stuff, it would be worth it to you for the most special day of your life right??

I am also looking at the fact they give you a copyright free CD which the vast majority of photographers will not - hell I don't!

Again, if you like DVD shows, it may very well be worth it because they include that in the package..

Now, the cost will be reasonable/high depending what others charge and what their standard of photgraphy is, I have seen another photographer, Misha, who operates out of Negril and I actually prefer her stuff. She is also cheaper, but doesn't seem to do the slideshows etc or travel....

The final answer I guess is that if YOU think it's worth it, it therefore is :)

I am charging a LOT less than they are at the moment for Jamaica weddings for various reasons, one being that I need more weddings in my portfolio to showcase what I can do, but once I have 20 or so, mine will probably start at about $1000 or so...

After seeing the beautiful slide shows by Sungold I emailed them asking about doing an engagement shoot. Here are some prices they gave me for wedding and engagement packages. I didn't know if anyone was interested in seeing the actual prices.

They are going to be away for the month of September so they said I would need to use their associate and to view their work here.. www.wpajamaica.com

Paula & Damian’s Platinum Package

Up to 8 hours shooting on your wedding day

On- line hosting of images for easy ordering (up to 90 days)

Complimentary 2 hour shoot for the day before or next day or E shoot

Copy right free CD/DVD containing high-resolution files of all usable images

2 DVD photo shows, approximately 100 selected images that tell a story of the days events

250.00 Print Credit

10x10 Sequoia flush mount album (20 pages)

Total Cost: $5500.00, includes all travel and vendor fees

Paula & Damian’s Gold Package

Up to 8 hours shooting on your wedding day

On -line hosting of images for easy ordering (up to 90 days)

Copyright free CD/DVD containing high-resolution files of all usable images

150.00 Print Credit

DVD photo shows, approximately 100 selected images that tell a story of the days events

Total Cost: $4800.00, includes all travel and vendor fees

Associate Photographer (A.G.) Intimate Package Monday – Thursday only

Up to 3 hours photography location time

Copyright free CD/DVD containing high- resolution files of all usable images

Total 850.00

Associate Photographer (A.G) Silver Package

Up to 5 hours photography location time

Copyright free CD/DVD containing high- resolution files of all usable images

Total 1700.00

Wow..this is expensive.

JaEnglish - is this reasonable?

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

This is Misha's album...Don't know her, but love her work!!

http://mishae.zenfolio.com/p73135053

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
When I come on here and see everyone getting along so well with their SO I be like dang what are we doing wrong.

Dada - you are not alone, trust me DJ and I fight ALL ALL ALL the time - but we argue, we work through it, and we move on - Trust me, no one's relationship is perfect - think about it- if you didn't argue with your SO, wouldn't you be wondering why everything was so perfect? To me, the fact that you fight and disagree is a part of normal life, not the fantasy relationship.,

DaDa, I agree with Sus, don't for a second believe that its all peaches and cream with any relationship near or far. I cussed out my SO this morning and hung up the phone on him(I shouldnt have, I felt bad after). Everyone has issues, Yes some are bigger than others, but whenever you have two people with two different opinions and you add the stress of a LDR on top of it you gonna have disagreements. And when he finally gets here you will still have disagreements because its human nature.

You have a man that does not like to openly express himself and you are the complete opposite. You are the Ying to his Yang you complete each other. What I think you both need to do is come up with some sort of compromise. You cannot expect him to open up to you completely because it is not his style and he is not gonna change. On the other hand he has to realize that you love to talk to him and it makes you very happy when he is engaged in the conversation so as your partner he should want to make you happy and open up a little. You guys will work it out because in the end LOVE wins all battles because GOD is LOVE.

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Timeline
After seeing the beautiful slide shows by Sungold I emailed them asking about doing an engagement shoot. Here are some prices they gave me for wedding and engagement packages. I didn't know if anyone was interested in seeing the actual prices.

They are going to be away for the month of September so they said I would need to use their associate and to view their work here.. www.wpajamaica.com

Paula & Damian’s Platinum Package

Total Cost: $5500.00, includes all travel and vendor fees

Paula & Damian’s Gold Package

Total Cost: $4800.00, includes all travel and vendor fees

Associate Photographer (A.G.) Intimate Package Monday – Thursday only

Total 1700.00

I wonder what's their recession price?? :wacko:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.