SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

**O.k. I think I did this wrong the first time so let's try again...**

Good Morning Ladies....

As always I have been lurking on the site for what Quana like two years now. I'm very good friends with Quana and she has asked me to post but mi neva do but I'm always on here reading so most of you, I feel like I already knoa. Anyway I was wondering if any of you ladies could help me with an idea.

I have been dating someone for almost two years now and I went to Jamaica in Feb to celebrate my birthday and I must say that was one of the best birthdays ever!!! I had the time of my life so I wanted to return the favor and go celebrate his birthday with him in May. It actually falls during Memorial Weekend. I asked him what he would like to do and he told me to surprise him Ughhh. He says he has NEVER celebrated a birthday before even from childhood so he has no idea what he would do because normally every year he is working on his birthday so he goes to work and then comes home and goes to bed.. Ewwww. So I want to make it special but of course not go over board.

I'm a Mobay girl so I was thinking about us maybe checking out Negril this time. In order to get cheap airfare I won't be arriving until his actual day but I do get there at like 11:30 a.m. So its still early enough. I'm not sure if we should go to lunch and then go hang out where I don't know. I was checking out some spot in Negril that offers romantic dinner on the beach at Sunset by candle light. I wonder if maybe we should do that and then go clubbing afterwards?? Should we check out a strip club I heard something about Rub a Dub (not sure if that is what's it called) Umm I don't know I'm normally good at these things but with him I'm stumped. See he's not really a party gooer and he doesn't really do the beach and well he is always just laid back so I'm not sure if I should take him out his norm or what. Aghhh you see how frustrated I am?? Has anyone every celebrated their SO birthdays and if so what did you do? Umm I wonder if I should try to order a small cake from somewhere or maybe just get dessert at the restaurant??

Help Please!!!!!!!

Mawnin to you DaDa,

I am new to the forum myself...been reading the yardie dem business and shout-outs and never know how to jump into the conversation before dem ask mi which window mi come through and a who mi b lol. I know how hard it is when you want to do something spectacular for the one you love and everything you think of just seem blah and you wondering if it going to tek d cake. But mek mi ask yuh someting..weh yuh a tek d man go a strip club fah :blink::whistle::wacko::no: ??? Unless he likes that, but you said he is laid back but you should know if that is his norm.

Girl take him to a nice romantic dinner and then to the club (for dancing :yes: ). I know you said he is not a party goer but dancing he might appreciate. Get him something special or a few gifts and wrap them individually and give them to him at different times throughout the day leaving the one you consider the best for last. It doesnt have to be things way over the top, maybe a nice wrist-watch, a shirt, a pair of sneakers, a nice pair of jeans, a cup with your picture printed on it (Kodak can do that) . The gift you think is best can be given to him almost mid-night just before his birthday ends. Make it memorable and all about both of you, not some other naked body girl lol.

Anyway it is up to you what you want to do and everybody who read this might just be asking is where me come from wid all dem yah 19 century ideas but I am just making suggestions, yuh si mi?

Tek care...Karen

Welcome KC *wink...

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Went to my interview for Massage school and the admittance director had just returned the day before from JA....goes 2-3 times a year! Needless to say....I was accepted into the program

awesome!

what school? what kind of massage will you be learning?

(i do medical massage and studied thai massage in thailand)

im a massage/manual therapist- 9 years now

whats funny is i was thinking of going to school to be an esthethician (sp)

its a good combo to have working in spa industry

congrats

:D

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

morning all!!!

who dis dada, chat bout mi she a knoa?? LMAO.. kidding.. THATS MY GIRL.. so excited to see u on VJ, u didn't even tell me!! CHO!!!

like she say.. we both started lurking at the same time so after 2 years i can't even say welcome, but instead THANK GOD somebody else can help soothe, encourage, scold and show some love to this ooman, she nuh easy at all! LOL.. :P love ya sweetheart!

mek me go ketch up..

have a wonderful thursday yardies, we almost there!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OMG! It took me ALL afternoon & evening to catch up!! Yuh chat too much yaardie!

Ok... since it's taken me so long to catch up I forgot what responses I had, so I'll just leave it. Now my hubby is not here but he is on his way. I've narrowed down the date to Fri or Sat. My friends and him have been throwing hints, but all of dem have different stories?!?!?! So I'm just trusting my instincts, lol. So I think I should have a post soon telling ya'll that he's here. I CAN'T WAIT!!! HAVE NOT SEEN HIM SINCE JUNE 08!!!

How did you do it? I am looking at the future and think it will be quite a while before I get to see my Hubby and it is driving us both crazy....(and I just left him last week). Part of my problem is when I want something I will do anything to have it.....so, I want to be with him and it is making me crazy figuring out how! How often do you guys talk? Just looking for some sort of info on how to get through this LDR without going crazy.

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Timeline

Tonks so much Sus and Karen.. Umm yuh got mi head tinking now and Karen mi like yuh ideas..

Umm I think where the strip club comes in at is well let’s just say I was thinking it could be something wild and crazy. When I first met Rocky em used to visit the strip club in Mobay from time to time what was it called... dag I forgot but it has sensed closed. I visit him like every three months and each time we say we gwaan go but we neva do so I was thinking maybe this time we would go for real. I don't know again I was just thinking of something different. U have done this before in the past with a guy I was dating here and I must say we had a blast. Oops that might have been TMI..lol

His birthday will fall on a Sunday so I'm not sure what all might be open. I hoping since it’s Memorial Weekend that there might be a party going on somewhere. Well its Memorial Weekend for us not them...

I will say I tried to go behind his back and contact one of his friends to see what he would like to do and maybe have his friends meet us somewhere afterwards to have drinks and party but of course his big mouth friend chat to much and opened his mouth and told my sweetie that I linked em. So of course mi sweetie linked me like weh yuh link mi friend fi? So mi ad ta tell em wah me was up to and em was like I don’t want to be wid my friends on my birthday I just want to be with you so now I'm back at the drawing board. I was thinking he could have the best of both worlds his friends on one arm and me on the other but I guess both arms are fi mi...lol

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome DaDa and KC!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
morning all!!!

who dis dada, chat bout mi she a knoa?? LMAO.. kidding.. THATS MY GIRL.. so excited to see u on VJ, u didn't even tell me!! CHO!!!

like she say.. we both started lurking at the same time so after 2 years i can't even say welcome, but instead THANK GOD somebody else can help soothe, encourage, scold and show some love to this ooman, she nuh easy at all! LOL.. :P love ya sweetheart!

mek me go ketch up..

Cha!!! Quana yuh naa rite at all.. See mi try ta give yuh a break an post mi own questions since everytime me ask yuh ta post yuh neva do and yuh still breaking mi backside.... Yuh knoa yuh lub mi nuh try ta hide yuh love fi me ova ere...

Timeline
morning all!!!

mek me go ketch up..

Cha!!! Quana yuh naa rite at all.. See mi try ta give yuh a break an post mi own questions since everytime me ask yuh ta post yuh neva do and yuh still breaking mi backside.... Yuh knoa yuh lub mi nuh try ta hide yuh love fi me ova ere...

lol.. i do ask, i just forget to give u the answers :blush::blink::innocent::rofl:

Timeline
OMG! It took me ALL afternoon & evening to catch up!! Yuh chat too much yaardie!

Ok... since it's taken me so long to catch up I forgot what responses I had, so I'll just leave it. Now my hubby is not here but he is on his way. I've narrowed down the date to Fri or Sat. My friends and him have been throwing hints, but all of dem have different stories?!?!?! So I'm just trusting my instincts, lol. So I think I should have a post soon telling ya'll that he's here. I CAN'T WAIT!!! HAVE NOT SEEN HIM SINCE JUNE 08!!!

How did you do it? I am looking at the future and think it will be quite a while before I get to see my Hubby and it is driving us both crazy....(and I just left him last week). Part of my problem is when I want something I will do anything to have it.....so, I want to be with him and it is making me crazy figuring out how! How often do you guys talk? Just looking for some sort of info on how to get through this LDR without going crazy.

Jamerican mi already knoa mi need ta sty away frum yuh. We too alike. Dat is my problem too and em naa even mi hubby yet... Dats just it when mi wanna see em I will figure out a way to make it happen don't I Quana???lol Mi girls be like your not going back again are you and I be like huh?? Weh yuh sey?? I'm in a dilemma now ca mi girls we always do a yearly trip and I have missed the last two mi tink and now in July there doing another an mi one friend sey yuh betta nuh miss dis one and mi sey Mi nuh but as soon as we hang up mi tink shoot if me go with ar mi cyann go back ta Jamaica fi a while... LOL What a girl ta do... Shhhhh dey naa knoa bout de May trip yet...

morning all!!!

mek me go ketch up..

lol.. i do ask, i just forget to give u the answers :blush::blink::innocent::rofl:

What!!!! Dats it yuh name is removed frum de e-mails fi today.... Yuh hot like Kim now....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Went to my interview for Massage school and the admittance director had just returned the day before from JA....goes 2-3 times a year! Needless to say....I was accepted into the program

awesome!

what school? what kind of massage will you be learning?

(i do medical massage and studied thai massage in thailand)

im a massage/manual therapist- 9 years now

whats funny is i was thinking of going to school to be an esthethician (sp)

its a good combo to have working in spa industry

congrats

:D

The college is called Western States Chiropractic College and they have a Massage therapy program. I am really looking forward to this program because there are some cross learning and networking opportunities with chiropractic students....Hopefully when I am done (1 year program) I will take this license along with my other 2 (esthetics and nail tech) and use it towards working in JA. The Spa industry in the US isn't good right now but hopefully getting in on the medical field in the states or the tourism field in JA will be a good career path. What is a massage/manual therapist? Have you thought of doing work in JA?

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.