Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
How to make your BUTT BIGGER.... (I know this is off topic, but I'm sitting hear in tears)

So funny you posted this! I just finished reading it at WikiHow.com before I came to visajourney. I often print the useful articles from WikiHow and hang them in my office for visitors to read.... but I didn't think this one would be fit for the workplace.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lawny....IMO, that was not offensive at all. It was funny!!! :lol:

Sus...we all have those days. Warn your SO so he knows when to duck n cover though! :whistle: Feel better.

Edited by mrsladyd
event.png

Ells,

DOn't bee foolish...keep ur eyes opened..i'm not saying this is a redflag or he's using u..BUT he needs to be showing an effort! It seems he's buying the $100 credits to satisfy his calling to u for the moment..do not feel it necessary to be the one keeping communication opened both ways..if u can call and it's cheaper..u do just that..call when u can...he always new he made little money..that's not new..how was he surviving before? How long have u known him Ells?

Ells..IMO...haha Kimmy..I'm using IMO.

You should tell him exactly how you feel. Just how you explain it here. Put it out in the open. He is either going to work on improvement or do nothing. If he does nothing...then red flag his butt.

Kim :devil:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sus...we all have those days. Warn your SO so he knows when to duck n cover though! :whistle: Feel better.

LOL - LadyD he deserves no warning - a good butt kicking once in a while keeps him in line :whistle:

We have high school students here today observing and shadowing - So the idiot next to me volunteered to have 3 - she's loud by herself, with them here it's horrible and I am on a conference call that I had to mute BC they can hear their noise!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Ells,

DOn't bee foolish...keep ur eyes opened..i'm not saying this is a redflag or he's using u..BUT he needs to be showing an effort! It seems he's buying the $100 credits to satisfy his calling to u for the moment..do not feel it necessary to be the one keeping communication opened both ways..if u can call and it's cheaper..u do just that..call when u can...he always new he made little money..that's not new..how was he surviving before? How long have u known him Ells?

You should tell him exactly how you feel. Just how you explain it here. Put it out in the open. He is either going to work on improvement or do nothing. If he does nothing...then red flag his butt.

I agree....if we put it out there and they do nothing to fix it within reason, then there is a problem! I think if he doesn't do anything to fix the issue or work on it in some way, that is a red flag. And I mean that as a general statement, not directed to anyone! For any man or woman, in any kind of relationship! If someone cares truly they would want to fix it and do all they can to fix it. Just my 2 cents!!!

event.png

Timeline

LOL - LadyD he deserves no warning - a good butt kicking once in a while keeps him in line :whistle:

We have high school students here today observing and shadowing - So the idiot next to me volunteered to have 3 - she's loud by herself, with them here it's horrible and I am on a conference call that I had to mute BC they can hear their noise!

:rofl::bonk: Sus your silly! That poor man........well I guess he knows already!!! And he must have learned battle tactics by now.... :innocent:

event.png

Good Morning yardies! Hope everyone is well! I have no idea what has been going on cuz I have not been on here in a few days... so I will have to catch up this afternoon.

Congrats on any good news that I've missed!!!!

My hubby is STILL not here... am expecting him this weekend!!!

Talk to ya'll later! Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's taking so long? still waiting on visa?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ells,

I agree....if we put it out there and they do nothing to fix it within reason, then there is a problem! I think if he doesn't do anything to fix the issue or work on it in some way, that is a red flag. And I mean that as a general statement, not directed to anyone! For any man or woman, in any kind of relationship! If someone cares truly they would want to fix it and do all they can to fix it. Just my 2 cents!!!

That's what I always say....put it out there. Cause if someone doesn't know, then that's your fault. But, if they know and don't do anything to fix it, that's theirs. Don't make someone guess. Give them the opportunity to either change or argue with you and force you to compromise.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Hi Culture. (i EDITED MY LAST REPLY SORRY)

I dont think anyone here is better equipped to answer this question than me. I visit my SO every month in Negril SINCE APRIL 2007. (I have the passport to prove it) And the way I deal with request is I say NO!!!!

First of all, you have to pay for what they are asking for.(MOST OF THE PEOPLE ASKING WILL PROMISE TO PAY "you back"), can someone please start a forum on how many people recieved their money back !!! :whistle: I can wait!)

Then you have to pay the cost of your checked baggage AND POSSIBLE OVER WEIGHT.

If you get "Caught up" in customs you could be responsible for paying duty!

And above all you will never be able to keep up with the request!

Each time you bring a requested item. YOU WILL HAVE MORE DAYUM REQUEST!

Example!

The man that sells chicken in town in Negril told my SO to ask me to bring him a microwave!!! My SO told him NOT "go to hell" But go to Sav! Sav La mAR THAT IS , BIG STORES WITH CHEAPPER ######! LMAO

Rember ladies: What you start doing in the begining of the relationship , you will be expected to continue! (That also applies to lowering your standards! If you lowered them to get Him you have to keep your standards low to KEEP HIM! So if you thought it was cute to "Smoke a little with him on the beach. Lets see how your "Non Smoking Azz" is going to like it when he lands in the States and is Smoking like a chimney in yo house or "Fireing up in front of yo mama/ friends/ coworkers ect) lmao

Seriously though. Apply a level of common sense. If you are the type of woman who bought alot things for your last relationship in the states. And you are still "NOT HAPPLY INVOLVED WITH THAT PERSON". Dont waste your money trying to buy this one!

Understand that saying "No will kill this relationship, If it is ment to be"

I challenge some of the ladies to eliminate the monitary investments, CARS, gifts, and treats of the relationships for 60 days and see if the relationship is still so happy or even exsistent.

Remember ladies we can only be "USED" if we allow ourselves to be "USED UP"

Some could say that your "monthly" visits are monetary investments and a way (even if temporarily and you stay with him at his home) for him to have an improved quality of life. A lot of the men in Jamaica don't eat as well until their lady comes in town and goes grocery shopping...some don't even get to watch TV until their wifey tells him the hotel room number. Some don't even have the $$ to attend a party at M'ville...the Jungle...Alfreds...xyz until wifey comes in town...and when they go to local street dance dem a beg and look a drink.

I just think that we put entirely too much weight on whether or not we provide money or gifts to our men as to whether it is a real relationship or not. There are SO many other ways a man can use a woman without ever touching her wallet/purse/bank account. If he is that type of man...trust me you are not going to be his only source of income anyway. He can and will wait you and your purse strings out if he feels that you are going to eventually be that cash cow. If a gigalo can marry a woman that he doesn't love and wait for over two years for a greencard...60 days without pay will not faze him really. The gig game is sooo much bigger than that. Now, this is not to say that the stories won't get more deseparate or outlandish...but just to say it is by far not the only way to avoid an opportunist.

The only red flags you need to heed are those that hit your gut...it makes you have bubble guts or want to vomit...ladies just start trusting your instinct and natural God given gift of women's intuition. It will never fail you unless you stifle it. :thumbs::star:

I agree with you 100% on this!!

I UNDERSTAND YOUR POINT . And I am not responding to this to offend you or anyone else. So if the shoes dont fit your feet DONT WEAR THEM.

To clarify your comment on My monthly visits could bee seen as a monetay investiment. Well I guess you could see it that , however my SO and I take turns purchasing my tickets. We do live together! I dont just "spend the night with him"! Unlike some people on this site and in this world I cant afford to buy a man. I happen to know for a fact "Real Men" are not for sale. My SO has his own home and we dont live in Jamaica like tourists. So yes we do occassionaly go to a club. But even in the states I am not a big clubber. And yes I do give him gifts but mostly on holidays or birthdays.

And in referencing you comment on "QUALITY OF LIFE". My SO had a very decent quality of life when I met him. OMG He even had a T.V AND A CAR! That he bought. Hell he had a job and all of the other "QUALITIES" I look for in an American man. I AINT SAVING BROTHAS IN THE STATES AND I AINT SAVING JAMAICANS. I aint trying to be his supa woman. I am just being his Lady.

In closing: In relationships if you lower you standards when dating you recieve that same "TYPE" of person in Marriage! Yes there are limited oppurtunities in Jamaica. But these people are resilient. They find ways to make the most of and the make it work "CREDIT FREE". If you stick around in Jamaica "Long enough" you will come to realize most of these people have more "FINANCIAL COMMON SENSE" than the foriegners they are dating!

"Relationship Red Flags" you know them before you ever even post them on this. SOME, people are looking for someone to either support them or shoot them down. Eiter way we all have "FREE WILL" Just be smart enough to not find your self "Supported in Ignorance"!

BTW GOOD MORNING LMAO!

Good Morning Ladies. I hope all is well with each and every one of you!

Elite Upscale Weddings, Negril, Jamaica Quality Weddings Affordable Prices ,www.eliteupscaleweddings.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I hope I didn't offend anyone, but this was too damn funny and I needed to laugh...mi a try get rid a fi mi big batty...

I have tried all of these, the one that really works is the clothing. When I find a nice pair of jeans that makes my butt looks bigs you cannot get be out of them!! lol

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

hmmm....maybe I should try this 'butt' enhancing.... :whistle:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Good morrning everyone, Dillion congratulations on your approval. As usual there has been alot of chatting since I left last Wednesday. So I will just make a genarl statement, if someone has been hurt, I'm sorry, if someone is mad, it will get better. If someone is sick, you will feel better.

Jamaica was good, and I am not happy to be back.

I dont think anyone here is better equipped to answer this question than me. I visit my SO every month in Negril SINCE APRIL 2007. (I have the passport to prove it) And the way I deal with request is I say NO!!!!

First of all, you have to pay for what they are asking for.(MOST OF THE PEOPLE ASKING WILL PROMISE TO PAY "you back"), can someone please start a forum on how many people recieved their money back !!! :whistle: I can wait!)

Example!

The man that sells chicken in town in Negril told my SO to ask me to bring him a microwave!!! My SO told him NOT "go to hell" But go to Sav! Sav La mAR THAT IS , BIG STORES WITH CHEAPPER ######! LMAO

Rember ladies: What you start doing in the begining of the relationship , you will be expected to continue! (That also applies to lowering your standards! If you lowered them to get Him you have to keep your standards low to KEEP HIM! So if you thought it was cute to "Smoke a little with him on the beach. Lets see how your "Non Smoking Azz" is going to like it when he lands in the States and is Smoking like a chimney in yo house or "Fireing up in front of yo mama/ friends/ coworkers ect) lmao

Seriously though. Apply a level of common sense. If you are the type of woman who bought alot things for your last relationship in the states. And you are still "NOT HAPPLY INVOLVED WITH THAT PERSON". Dont waste your money trying to buy this one!

I challenge some of the ladies to eliminate the monitary investments, CARS, gifts, and treats of the relationships for 60 days and see if the relationship is still so happy or even exsistent.

Some could say that your "monthly" visits are monetary investments and a way (even if temporarily and you stay with him at his home) for him to have an improved quality of life. A lot of the men in Jamaica don't eat as well until their lady comes in town and goes grocery shopping...some don't even get to watch TV until their wifey tells him the hotel room number. Some don't even have the $$ to attend a party at M'ville...the Jungle...Alfreds...xyz until wifey comes in town...and when they go to local street dance dem a beg and look a drink.

I just think that we put entirely too much weight on whether or not we provide money or gifts to our men as to whether it is a real relationship or not. There are SO many other ways a man can use a woman without ever touching her wallet/purse/bank account. If he is that type of man...trust me you are not going to be his only source of income anyway. He can and will wait you and your purse strings out if he feels that you are going to eventually be that cash cow. If a gigalo can marry a woman that he doesn't love and wait for over two years for a greencard...60 days without pay will not faze him really. The gig game is sooo much bigger than that. Now, this is not to say that the stories won't get more deseparate or outlandish...but just to say it is by far not the only way to avoid an opportunist.

The only red flags you need to heed are those that hit your gut...it makes you have bubble guts or want to vomit...ladies just start trusting your instinct and natural God given gift of women's intuition. It will never fail you unless you stifle it. :thumbs::star:

I UNDERSTAND YOUR POINT . And I am not responding to this to offend you or anyone else. So if the shoes dont fit your feet DONT WEAR THEM.

To clarify your comment on My monthly visits could bee seen as a monetay investiment. Well I guess you could see it that , however my SO and I take turns purchasing my tickets. We do live together! I dont just "spend the night with him"! Unlike some people on this site and in this world I cant afford to buy a man. I happen to know for a fact "Real Men" are not for sale. My SO has his own home and we dont live in Jamaica like tourists. So yes we do occassionaly go to a club. But even in the states I am not a big clubber. And yes I do give him gifts but mostly on holidays or birthdays.

And in referencing you comment on "QUALITY OF LIFE". My SO had a very decent quality of life when I met him. OMG He even had a T.V AND A CAR! That he bought. Hell he had a job and all of the other "QUALITIES" I look for in an American man. I AINT SAVING BROTHAS IN THE STATES AND I AINT SAVING JAMAICANS. I aint trying to be his supa woman. I am just being his Lady.

In closing: In relationships if you lower you standards when dating you recieve that same "TYPE" of person in Marriage! Yes there are limited oppurtunities in Jamaica. But these people are resilient. They find ways to make the most of and the make it work "CREDIT FREE". If you stick around in Jamaica "Long enough" you will come to realize most of these people have more "FINANCIAL COMMON SENSE" than the foriegners they are dating!

"Relationship Red Flags" you know them before you ever even post them on this. SOME, people are looking for someone to either support them or shoot them down. Eiter way we all have "FREE WILL" Just be smart enough to not find your self "Supported in Ignorance"!

BTW GOOD MORNING LMAO!

:ot:

JOURNEE1125, I would like to talk to you about renting your 1 br. flat for a couple of days, when I go back to Jamaica in May, or June. IS there a way I can get in touch with you other than on VJ.

Timeline

Example!

BTW GOOD MORNING LMAO!

:ot:

JOURNEE1125, I would like to talk to you about renting your 1 br. flat for a couple of days, when I go back to Jamaica in May, or June. IS there a way I can get in touch with you other than on VJ.

Yes Sweetie I will send you the number

Elite Upscale Weddings, Negril, Jamaica Quality Weddings Affordable Prices ,www.eliteupscaleweddings.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.