Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Nikki, you aren't the only one - in some ways, I have the same issues - I have tried to get my Mom to go to JA with me, she won't - I have never ever brought anyone I dated around my family - don't know why, I just don't, neither does my brother. I want my family to meet DJ, get to know him and who he is, before they know of the marriage - Immigration makes that impossible to do - because if we did the K1, it is too short of a window before we marry - and 2 - my Mom won't go to JA - Plus, my family does the big formal wedding - I don't want that, I can't picture myself walking down the aisle in a formal wedding without my Dad, or dealing with the first dance, etc.... So we have decided to do something simple on the beach with his family, and whichever of my friends come down, then we will do something later on with my family, whether we tell them we eloped, or do a vow renewal - I want my family to meet him, get to know him and love him, before they judge him. I know my family and they will somewhat judge first based on the immigration - not based on him.

Sometimes my moms speak about Ryon as if she really knows him. That’s shyt pisses me off. I tell my son about Ryon, maybe b/c I want his approval, but he is just a mouth piece for my parents soap opera. I guess I never really cared about what other people thought about my relationship, heck – I am having a hard time adjusting to this distance relationship my danm self! At the end of the day it will be me, Ryon and God.

e9797d64.jpg

OK, rewind.

I will keep this short b/c it is hard to comment on everything – which is what I really want to do…

Jawi, I really like that dress, I never wear sleeveless b/c am top heavy but I can really see myself wearing that on a beach with no underwear. (TMI)

3 years down 1luv! November will be here before you realize, Jake enjoy growing wit the baby. I agree with Kimmy and Lovesponge about the DNA test, it is complicated no matter what.

I love that TRE is Irish Jamaican (that’s hot) and Mrs. P being Nuevo-Irish too. Jomo girl, I wish my boss would have let us off early on St. Patrick Day BUT instead we laid-off 48 employees. The day went from green to black by lunch time. Thank God I still have a job.

IMG02350.jpg

Welcome damniecy, I am glad to hear the good news Jengles about the K4, Portland and Anthony is still chilling in the Hot Houston with the family. Congratulations to everyone on the drop-off date for the DS-230. :thumbs:

Ellis had an anxiety attack and Honey had a tuff week all in all.

Hell, the only relationship that I know that are equally yoked or "a man is supposed to ELEVATE u” are on TV & movies.

I think “we” all VJ’s are really living and experiencing this journey or “Leap of Faith” so we must trust ourselves and God. :yes:

Seen Bob Marley is another way to purchase some illegal substance...WHAT, shabba! :rofl:

Jamerican married now! And Mrsladyd is starting psychiatric hospital rotations, ladies doing their thang, absolutely wonderful! :P

Dillon, girl, you know I am happy for you. You have taught me true patience. I want to be just like you when I grow up. Much love

Picture125.jpgsus, here is the Scotchies menu!

have a wonderful day, i am off to visit my father he is back in the hospital IMG02347.jpg

love.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Man... I probably should reduce my reading of other threads here on VisaJourney. Many are either depressing or frustrating.

I just read one where the USC is engaged to someone from the UK. The USC said that it may be a red flag if our fiances can't get a regular (B1?) visitor visa to come to the US for 3 months. :bonk:

On another note, one of my coworkers gave me some Kool-Aid where the flavor is "Jamaica." I was like.. what does a COUNTRY taste like? (Two people asked me if it tasted like marijuana, lol.) So I made this kool aid a few minutes ago and was quite disappointed. It tastes like a mixture of grape & strawberry... pretty nondescript. Then again, I don't usually drink Kool-Aid.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

oh my god you guys... :crying:

He got into a car accident last night :crying:

I don't even know what to do :crying:

I have all this money I have been saving for the K1 and for my trip next month and I just want to spend it on a plane ticket and go be by his side...

OMG!!! :cry:

I called Delta, the guy says only business class available (WHATEVER) over $2000 they want to get me there...

and why the HELL did AirJa stop flying out of LAX???

I could drive down there and do standby :crying:

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

Timeline

Well, I found out that Jamaica flavored Kool-Aid (or most things with the flavor "Jamaica") is actually hibiscus-flavored.

Apparently, the hibiscus flower is also called the Jamaica flower or flor de jamaica. I learned something new today!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibiscus_tea

Hibiscus tea is the infusion made from the calyces (sepals) of the Hibiscus sabdariffa flower, a herbal tea drink consumed both hot and cold by people around the world. It is also referred to as roselle (another common name for the hibiscus flower), jamaica in Latin America, karkady in the Middle East, bissap in West Africa, red sorrel in the Caribbean, and other names in other regions. Hibiscus tea has a tart, cranberry-like flavor, and sugar is often added to sweeten the beverage. The tea contains vitamin C and minerals and is used traditionally as a mild medicine.

I actually had bissap juice quite a bit when I was in The Gambia. Who knew that almost 5 years later, I'd have that flavor again, but called "Jamaica." How circular life is sometimes.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline

I mean I guess he is going to be ok... :crying::blink:

He was able to call me, and he says he is all cut up and bruised up.

He doesn't know if anything is broken.

Last month his sister had a broken arm and they did not even do an ex-ray to find out ...

Lord Jamaica noh easy, and I so HATE that I can't just go to him right now :(

:crying:

Timeline

Something must be in the water there. My SO had a car accident a couple of days ago, too. No one was injured in it, thank God.

Is your SO okay?

November 19, 2007 - Met

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
oh my god you guys... crying.gif

He got into a car accident last night crying.gif

I don't even know what to do crying.gif

so sorry!

ugh, my worst nightmare

is he going to go get checked out at the hospital?

stay strong

Timeline

Something must be in the water there. My SO had a car accident a couple of days ago, too. No one was injured in it, thank God.

Is your SO okay?

Nat :crying:

He is alive... He is not ok, he is hurt :(

I tell you his sister was hurt BAD last month in a car accident. She is lucky she is alive. I do not think it is that bad, but I don't know that he would tell me... I was already crying...

I have been telling myself that this fear I have, that he will get hurt is irrational - but in truth it could happen any day

lord...

Timeline
oh my god you guys... crying.gif

He got into a car accident last night crying.gif

I don't even know what to do crying.gif

so sorry!

ugh, my worst nightmare

is he going to go get checked out at the hospital?

stay strong

He just got home from the hospital I think... He said he did not know if the cab driver made it...

He could not talk long and I can't get a hold of his sister :crying:

Timeline

Princess I am so sorry to hear - it's very very hard when you are so far. I know you want to rush and be by his side, but you have to take a deep breathe and wait on him - trust me, many of us have been there, done it - When DJ got jumped, I dealt with phone calls of him sobbing in the back of the ambulance, telling me he couldn't see - at a time when I had just had surgery and couldn't fly. I know how upsetting it is, how stressful - but he was able to call you and tell you, he is okay - I am sure he's sore and banged up, but try to stay positive - Spending the money to fly there will not help, you will be there soon.

Stay strong, I know it's hard.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Is your SO okay?

Nat :crying:

He is alive... He is not ok, he is hurt :(

I tell you his sister was hurt BAD last month in a car accident. She is lucky she is alive. I do not think it is that bad, but I don't know that he would tell me... I was already crying...

I have been telling myself that this fear I have, that he will get hurt is irrational - but in truth it could happen any day

lord...

Princess I am so sorry to hear -i hate feeling helpless. I am glad that he was able to call you. do you have his sister or mother cell phone number so you can talk to someone near by....?

we should pray :innocent:

love.jpg

Timeline
Nikki, you aren't the only one - in some ways, I have the same issues - I have tried to get my Mom to go to JA with me, she won't - I have never ever brought anyone I dated around my family - don't know why, I just don't, neither does my brother. I want my family to meet DJ, get to know him and who he is, before they know of the marriage - Immigration makes that impossible to do - because if we did the K1, it is too short of a window before we marry - and 2 - my Mom won't go to JA - Plus, my family does the big formal wedding - I don't want that, I can't picture myself walking down the aisle in a formal wedding without my Dad, or dealing with the first dance, etc.... So we have decided to do something simple on the beach with his family, and whichever of my friends come down, then we will do something later on with my family, whether we tell them we eloped, or do a vow renewal - I want my family to meet him, get to know him and love him, before they judge him. I know my family and they will somewhat judge first based on the immigration - not based on him.

Sometimes my moms speak about Ryon as if she really knows him. That’s shyt pisses me off. I tell my son about Ryon, maybe b/c I want his approval, but he is just a mouth piece for my parents soap opera. I guess I never really cared about what other people thought about my relationship, heck – I am having a hard time adjusting to this distance relationship my danm self! At the end of the day it will be me, Ryon and God.

e9797d64.jpg

OK, rewind.

I will keep this short b/c it is hard to comment on everything – which is what I really want to do…

Jawi, I really like that dress, I never wear sleeveless b/c am top heavy but I can really see myself wearing that on a beach with no underwear. (TMI)

3 years down 1luv! November will be here before you realize, Jake enjoy growing wit the baby. I agree with Kimmy and Lovesponge about the DNA test, it is complicated no matter what.

I love that TRE is Irish Jamaican (that’s hot) and Mrs. P being Nuevo-Irish too. Jomo girl, I wish my boss would have let us off early on St. Patrick Day BUT instead we laid-off 48 employees. The day went from green to black by lunch time. Thank God I still have a job.

IMG02350.jpg

Welcome damniecy, I am glad to hear the good news Jengles about the K4, Portland and Anthony is still chilling in the Hot Houston with the family. Congratulations to everyone on the drop-off date for the DS-230. :thumbs:

Ellis had an anxiety attack and Honey had a tuff week all in all.

Hell, the only relationship that I know that are equally yoked or "a man is supposed to ELEVATE u” are on TV & movies.

I think “we” all VJ’s are really living and experiencing this journey or “Leap of Faith” so we must trust ourselves and God. :yes:

Seen Bob Marley is another way to purchase some illegal substance...WHAT, shabba! :rofl:

Jamerican married now! And Mrsladyd is starting psychiatric hospital rotations, ladies doing their thang, absolutely wonderful! :P

Dillon, girl, you know I am happy for you. You have taught me true patience. I want to be just like you when I grow up. Much love

Picture125.jpgsus, here is the Scotchies menu!

have a wonderful day, i am off to visit my father he is back in the hospital IMG02347.jpg

Best Wishes for your father Ryon, I hope he feels better.

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Timeline

I am so sorry JAPrincess is he ok? I always have this fear that somthing will happen to my SO and I wont be there to help him, I guess its natural. Try to relax and be strong flying to JA now and spending all that money wont be absolutely nesessary unless he is badly hurt and it sounds like he will be ok. Right now just try to give him all the emotional support you can over the phone. (L)

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.