SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Ells don't you get addicted :energy: to Baby Phat and Dereon like me LOL :whistle:

I am getting an order ready now....

LOL @ you listening to Beyonce's whole album on the site , its good right!

Apple Bottoms is another site I have a few pieces, but some of their stuff is wack But I'm going to check out the summer collection LOL

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning....afternoon everybody. Just wanted to make sure I thanked you all for your congrats... My computer has been down so not able to post pictures from other ppls computer, soon come though!

Shanette.....Negril vs Ochi.....part of me says Negril because of the beautiful beaches...but the other part of me says it doesn't really matter cause once you are in that moment you will not care where you are! Of my many trips to JA this was the first time I didnt even go to Negril and it was my best trip yet! We spent our last 3 nights up in the country in Hopewell little town called bamboo...cooked on the fire, took cold showers by candlelight, woke to the roosters and goats...it was wonderful...no beach just the top of the mountain....so, saying this to say....it doesn't really matter where you do it.....just that you are with the one you love :yes:(L):luv:

Jamerican

Isn't that the truth! I have never stayed in a hotel when I am in JA since a child, I was always with family in deh yard! No inside running water, outhouse, tiefing current and cable LOL, cooking outside and of course the cold showers. My Mom is Haitian so staying in the Bush in Port au Prince was a few degrees worse, current would go out and may not come back till the next day and no one to tief from LOL. Washing in the river men on one side ladies on the other, not to mention the flying cockroaches that stalked the outhouse. :help: Having to go to the market buy the chicken if you didn't breed them and kill it and cook it. I was with family and although I was born here I felt more at home in deh yard and bush! As long as you are with the family and loved ones you don't care about amenities and appreciate the simplicity of it all....... (L)

Okay, I definitely don't like the cockroaches but I usually take a stick with me to shoo them all away if I have to go at night. But I really like the simple lifestyle too....I suppose I'd miss all my amenities after a while (especially having an oven to bake) but it's definitely nice to do while on vacation....such a complete DE-stressor!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FINALLY caught up.....

hello all!!

appreciate all the love from those that know and those that don't.. i officially moved in to my OWN apt this week.. God has blessed so much.. it feels WONDERFUL

praise report..

i wanted those beds w/ the drawers in the bottom for the girls.. so i went to this store.. they only had ONE headboard but would sell me the display for a 20% discount..COOL

well the cashier gets to the register and messes up and discounts EACH item 2 beds and 2 headbards each 20% off.. she tries to fix it, calls manager who says " it will take too much to void it, just give it to her like that!!!!!!!" I said THANK U JESUS

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!! the cashier kept discouraging him, "u sure", " i don't want to get in trouble" after he left, she whispered.. "i dont even get a discount like that.."

i touched her and said "well let me give u some of this favor!! " LOL

i am telling u God is truly my husband and i don't doubt him cuz he has come thru TOO many times..the ex tries to make things hard.. w/ all this money going toward the move, my oldest broke her glasses. i got glasses and contacts, which he didn't help me w/, yet he is STILL asking me to come back to him ?????

anyway.. just had to share w/ my sistren..

jason.. so good to hear from u.. how are the kids.. u had a son and marla a daugh RIGHT??

oh.. my montego bay peeps.. where is a nice seafood restaurant besides pier one??, like a nice sit down place..

Congrats on the new place of your own Quana and on the nice discount! If you lived near me I'd have you touch me too to share some of that favor! :yes:

Good Morning....afternoon everybody. Just wanted to make sure I thanked you all for your congrats... My computer has been down so not able to post pictures from other ppls computer, soon come though!

Shanette.....Negril vs Ochi.....part of me says Negril because of the beautiful beaches...but the other part of me says it doesn't really matter cause once you are in that moment you will not care where you are! Of my many trips to JA this was the first time I didnt even go to Negril and it was my best trip yet! We spent our last 3 nights up in the country in Hopewell little town called bamboo...cooked on the fire, took cold showers by candlelight, woke to the roosters and goats...it was wonderful...no beach just the top of the mountain....so, saying this to say....it doesn't really matter where you do it.....just that you are with the one you love :yes:(L):luv:

True true! I've never been to Ochi so have no way to compare but Negril is absolutely amazing for those sunsets! I am a bit partial of course. I do have to chime in and agree with how nice it is to be up in the hills living country style. I'm happier there than I could be at a resort...maybe with the exception of the hot wata showers sometimes though! Up in the country is such a beautiful, tranquil way to be with the one you love. (DID I POST THIS ALREADY??? I'M GETTING CONFUSED NOW.)

Timeline
Ells don't you get addicted :energy: to Baby Phat and Dereon like me LOL :whistle:

I am getting an order ready now....

LOL @ you listening to Beyonce's whole album on the site , its good right!

Apple Bottoms is another site I have a few pieces, but some of their stuff is wack But I'm going to check out the summer collection LOL

Well, they do have some cute things but I have just one problem....the skirts are too short! I have UGLY legs and even uglier knees so I wouldn't dare buy any of that stuff....it is fun to look though and nice to see the full-figured ladies representing! They look GOOD! And like normal people bodies.....not starved aliens from the planet of supermodel.

:blush: If a website has music, I stay on it. I did like it....and I can't help but bounce up and down in my chair really fast and do the head bob thingy every time I hear 'single ladies'! :lol:

I'm gonna have to go look at apple bottoms now.....

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

thanks sus and philly and anybody else i missed..

philly, u will totally love facebook, i was a myspace junkie at one time, but was booted off by the ex (long story) so now i am happy to have another healthy addiction.. I LOVE IT but just can't seem to get any work done LOL!!!!!!!!

by the way.. looking for a nice sit down seafood restaurant in mobay, not pier one tho.. any suggestions

Timeline

jamerican..all of that sounds wonderful.. i will keep saying it, those are the most perfect times w/ ur SO is when everything is SIMPLE..

i had a good friend that wanted everything a certain way in JA and was so scared to stay w/ her SO instead of an AI.. once we convinced her, she never wants to stay in a hotel again, she loves the yard..

Timeline
thanks sus and philly and anybody else i missed..

philly, u will totally love facebook, i was a myspace junkie at one time, but was booted off by the ex (long story) so now i am happy to have another healthy addiction.. I LOVE IT but just can't seem to get any work done LOL!!!!!!!!

by the way.. looking for a nice sit down seafood restaurant in mobay, not pier one tho.. any suggestions

Quana, I don't know Mobay well but my girlfriend and I went here once and it was nice....a little out of the way though:

http://thehouseboatgrill.com/

jamerican..all of that sounds wonderful.. i will keep saying it, those are the most perfect times w/ ur SO is when everything is SIMPLE..

i had a good friend that wanted everything a certain way in JA and was so scared to stay w/ her SO instead of an AI.. once we convinced her, she never wants to stay in a hotel again, she loves the yard..

I've never been to an AI but did stay in hotels the first trip. It has it's pluses as well but I also LOVE staying in the yard! I feel much more natural there than being a patron and being 'served' by housekeeping and all the other staff.

Timeline

thanks ells, yeah i mean if i were on vacay.. i def ain't gonna sleep on the hotel.. even AI.. coming in at 6am.. i like to have the food right there waiting for me LOL but its something about being in a person's element when ur getting to know them..

i am sure after marrying we will have our share of hotel stays as well as staying at the house.. my friend posted her pics of her and her hubby in st lucia on FB.. i can't wait till Roger and i can do it big like that LOL..

thanks for the info.. we have driven to ochi and negril on trips so maybe it wont be too much out of the way..

i noticed not many yardies on board are from mobay..

Timeline

Apple Bottoms web site has good music on the front page too! Except it doesn't stay when you click to the next page....hmph!

Alright....I admit I'm CHEAP! No way I'd pay $74 for a tank top! Seeing that makes me love Walmart! I always find cute big girl clothes there and at Kmart.....go figure!

Edited by Ellsinlove

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ells, if you want to buy apple bottoms and dereon and babyphat at a cheaper price go on DrJays.com they sell it on there and they have big girl sizes too.....

Quana, congrats on the apartment.....

I am a mess today, i had an anxiety attack i think i have been letting work stressors build up and just out the blue i got the tight chest, light headed feeling and shallow breathing( i cant afford to be crazy when i work with crazy people all day...LOL) so i politely carried my happy nutty tail on home, and uncorked a bottle of wine, i am trying to destress so i can get thru one more day :yes:

Philly, you are so right, the first time i stayed with my SO in his yard, when he would go to work at night, i would be scared to get up and go the bathroom, so i would sit there with my bladder about to pop until he got home and then the minute the key would turn in the door i would make him take me to the bathroom, turn on the lights and shoo out them big #### cockroaches....LOL.. after a few trips now there is no place i would rather be than up there with him, true i miss hot water too occassionally but the way i feel with him, outweighs the discomfort of freezing cold water on mi baxside...LOL

( sigh) JA soon come

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Everyone!! ELLS...its easy for me to keep it from my dad becuz its not like i see him everyday and we dont talk about " relationships" ..and when i go to his house he's mostly never there and when he is i take my ring off :whistle: ..lol..but i'm just waiting for the right time to spill my beans...like PORTLAND said.. i might just let everyone know that we're engaged and then when he comes just have a private ceremony...then re-marry later on ..i thought about that idea and my mom even suggested i do that but then..somehow i shewd away from that idea..but now it seems like the best thing to do in order to keep my sanity..let my my fam keep thinking we're just engaged until they get to "really" know him love him and accept him..and that way i can save towards having the "big fairytale" wedding that i've always wanted when i finish school which i have a year and a half left..so by then we will be settled and ready to re-marry for a nice family wedding !! :luv:

Vermont Service Center:

** 5/8/2009 - I29F Sent to VSC

** 5/12/2009- I29F Received @ VSC

** 5/13/2009- NOA1 Mailed

** 5/14/2009- Check Cashed

** 5/21/2009- NOA1 Received by Mail

** 9/11/2009- NOA2 via Email * Approved*

** 9/15/2009 - NVC Recieved/ KNG Case # assigned

** 9/18/2009 - Case left NVC for Kingston

** 9/18/2009- Kingston Recieved Case

** 9/19/2009- NOA2 Received by Mail

** 9/25/2009- Packet 3 Sent via Jamaica mail

** 10/2/2009- Packet 3-4 Recieved via Email

** 10/2/2009- Interview Day Assigned * OCTOBER 27TH 2009 *[APPROVED]*

**10/13/2009- Medical Completed

**10/27/2009- Interview[ blue slipped for not having medical]

**11/16/2009- Medical Picked up in KNG

**11/24/2009- Appt at Embassy [ turn in medical]

**12/1/2009- Visa in Hand

**12/2/2009 POE : Ft. Lauderdale !!

Timeline
Ells, if you want to buy apple bottoms and dereon and babyphat at a cheaper price go on DrJays.com they sell it on there and they have big girl sizes too.....

I am a mess today, i had an anxiety attack i think i have been letting work stressors build up and just out the blue i got the tight chest, light headed feeling and shallow breathing( i cant afford to be crazy when i work with crazy people all day...LOL) so i politely carried my happy nutty tail on home, and uncorked a bottle of wine, i am trying to destress so i can get thru one more day :yes:

Philly, you are so right, the first time i stayed with my SO in his yard, when he would go to work at night, i would be scared to get up and go the bathroom, so i would sit there with my bladder about to pop until he got home and then the minute the key would turn in the door i would make him take me to the bathroom, turn on the lights and shoo out them big #### cockroaches....LOL.. after a few trips now there is no place i would rather be than up there with him, true i miss hot water too occassionally but the way i feel with him, outweighs the discomfort of freezing cold water on mi baxside...LOL

( sigh) JA soon come

sorry to hear about he attack honey.. what do u think is bringing on the stress??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Girl, work, my kids and D lost his job over some mess, so that is going to be a huge stressor for him cause he hates not working, it drives him nuts and causes him to be depressed, which in turn causes me to be depressed cause i cant "fix" the problem. Im so used to always "fixing" folks problems, with my clients, and my kids, i dont take time for me sometimes and then with him, you know it is hard for a man to feel like a man when he cant take care of himself or his family, so all that tends to manifest, i honestly never had issues with anxiety before until i started working in mental health ( how ironic) i think i carry stress, the other night i woke out of a dead sleep at 3am, im talking wide awake, so i got up and sorted out clothes for goodwill and then made myself go back to sleep at 4 am and then iwas back up at 5 am, that was yesterday so i guess today was the meltdown :blink:

Apple Bottoms web site has good music on the front page too! Except it doesn't stay when you click to the next page....hmph!

Alright....I admit I'm CHEAP! No way I'd pay $74 for a tank top! Seeing that makes me love Walmart! I always find cute big girl clothes there and at Kmart.....go figure!

Ells Wal-mart has some really cute sundresses and booty shorts LOL I peruse the racks frequently. The clearance racks are off the hook! I (L) Wal-mart! I don't get to Kmart much but I will check them out! :thumbs:

( sigh) JA soon come

Yes Ms Honey thanks for mentioning DrJays yes you can find the items at a discount but be quick the new stuff goes fast. Also Macy's carries both lines and when they have a sale they have a sale!

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad day today, I used to work in Human Services before I switched professions and its stressful as hell! One day I went to HR instead of lunch and quit! LOL and never looked back! I hope that wine was able to help :yes:

LOL @ the cold vs hot water. I have my Hubby spoiled at our house in Kingston I boil water for his bath... now why did I even start that cause he wants a hot bath 2 times a day and it takes me forever with all the pots of water :lol:

Girl what about the gully creatures at night when you want to go to the bathroom :rofl: one night I was crying for my cousin to come get me from the outhouse, all I had was a candle. :help: He said "why yuh nuh use deh pot"??? Yuh mad?? waking me up wid deh foolnish!!! HAAAAA He was hotter than fish grease that night but we still laugh to this day.

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hi justucia.. are u back home yet from ur friends??

quana~ hey girl im back from JA, im off to nyc in a couple days...... rolling stone fa real

i smile whenever i read your posts- helps me to remember to count my blessings as well

im going to find you on facebook riiiiiiight now

honey~ girl, that sucks (((hugs))). if i was closer i would come over with another bottle to share

be careful, my mom worked with abused and neglected kids for a long time, she got sick with cancer and she insists that the stress and mental fatigue was a huge factor in her getting sick. there are some interesting studies regarding a high rate of breast cancer in women who work in social service occupations. love my mom- she's a survivor.

that sucks about him loosing his job- put it all in the Lords hands. ps you are still more than welcome to come up to mackinac this summer! we would have a blast

jamerican~ congrats! how exciting!!! you looked beautiful in your pics- shining :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.