Brad and Vika

What were the first few things you learned to say in Russian, and why?

140 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
It always gets me a laugh, but I try not to use the phrase to introduce myself.

It's great for meeting parents! :D

Edited to say mox should use в instead of б in that sentence.

Hmmm...well ебать is "to ####," so I'm pretty sure it's "еби," and thought I'd heard it used that way. There's a really high likelihood I'm wrong. :)

Unless you mean the "б" in "тбою." I'm even less sure about this one, but I used "тбою" because (I think) the phrase is in instrumental case. I.e., "f*** with your mother."

In any case (narf!) this is an awesome discussion! :D

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I know I'm a little late to add to this; I can't add to the direction the topic is going now.

But, the first thing I learned to say in Russian was "Peeva" (Beer).

It was a pathetic attempt to get to talk to my now fiance on the first or second day I met her (So I guess it worked). I told her it would be good if I could learn Russian because it would look nice at my job (half true... ok, mostly not true).

She asked what I would like to learn to say. I panicked and being the ever smooth and romantic person I am, I chose "Beer".

Although I must admit it's a good word to know if you ever go to Russia.

Hmmm...well ебать is "to ####," so I'm pretty sure it's "еби," and thought I'd heard it used that way. There's a really high likelihood I'm wrong. :)

Unless you mean the "б" in "тбою." I'm even less sure about this one, but I used "тбою" because (I think) the phrase is in instrumental case. I.e., "f*** with your mother."

OK, I lack a cyrillic keyboard here. Yes I meant tvoioe, as in your. Sorry about the confusion - but the phrase seems to come up here regularly :lol:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

What's so great about Russian cursing is "close enough" counts!

But, the first thing I learned to say in Russian was "Peeva" (Beer).

Very good choice! Obviously it worked for you, and arguably, it is one of the most important words to know in any foreign language!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

еби твою мать--f**k your mom

Ёб твою мать--f****d your mom but also sometimes past tense works as a command (пошел ты!)

I think you're mixing up what "your" would be in the instrumental case. Maybe you're thinking of "с тобой"--with you? Instrumental "твой" is твоей or твоею in the female gender. In the context of f**cking someone, the person being f**cked takes the accusative, unless you're using a reflexive verb (ебаться, трахаться), and then you use "c тобой, с ней, с ним."

I hope this sexual grammar lesson clears it up for you!

Первый блин комом.

Great lesson, eekee!

Seriously, it all makes sense now. For the longest, I never understood why the endings were different when using certain f'king words. Now I get it. The person being f'ked is actually being affected by a reflexive instead of an action so after they get f'ked in the action (accusative!) then they're sitting there, basking in the post-coital bliss of reflexive.

Sofa king awesome!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Timeline

Ёб твою мать--f****d your mom but also sometimes past tense works as a command (пошел ты!)

I think you're mixing up what "your" would be in the instrumental case. Maybe you're thinking of "с тобой"--with you? Instrumental "твой" is твоей or твоею in the female gender. In the context of f**cking someone, the person being f**cked takes the accusative, unless you're using a reflexive verb (ебаться, трахаться), and then you use "c тобой, с ней, с ним."

Ahhhhhh...yeah, that actually does make more sense now. And the fact that I understood your post makes me happy. Hehe, thanks!! :D

Ahhhhhh...yeah, that actually does make more sense now. And the fact that I understood your post makes me happy. Hehe, thanks!! :D

Now that THAT is all cleared up, pie any one?

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

I just had some chocolate mousse pie off the roach coach today. Only $2 for a HUUUUGE slice and it was so delicious. Dude gives us free coffee too since we're one of his last stops and he has to dump whatever he doesn't use. Now if I could only convince him that pie should be free too......

Русский форум член.

I just had some chocolate mousse pie off the roach coach today. Only $2 for a HUUUUGE slice and it was so delicious. Dude gives us free coffee too since we're one of his last stops and he has to dump whatever he doesn't use. Now if I could only convince him that pie should be free too......

And on the subject of pie, I cannot seem to interest Vika in it much. Is there some sort of pie stigma in Eastern Europe? What gives?

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Pie here is often way too sweet. Plus, girls from over there are always watching their figures. Add a little alcohol.....

Русский форум член.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

from screwing your mother .........to pie........i love this forum............and i am late to answer the initial topic of this post.......but ja garrivitsu po-russkie ....newmalge......and i can read a little cyrillic.

and i bet other sub-forums....aren't as cool as this one!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

and the first word i learned was pojoustia,i used to manage a pizza hut,and right next door was a ukrainian coffee shop,they started me on the russian language,then rosetta stone took over............korska...sabacca...slon......loshadt

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
and the first word i learned was pojoustia,i used to manage a pizza hut,and right next door was a ukrainian coffee shop,they started me on the russian language,then rosetta stone took over............korska...sabacca...slon......loshadt

And thus why I don't recommend Rosetta Stone to anyone. :P

Welcome to the Russia forum, have some пирог.

piese-pirog.jpg

Первый блин комом.

from screwing your mother .........to pie........i love this forum............and i am late to answer the initial topic of this post.......but ja garrivitsu po-russkie ....newmalge......and i can read a little cyrillic.

and i bet other sub-forums....aren't as cool as this one!

We also talk about guns alot :lol: By the way, what is the best ladies gun for close-in self defense?

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.