LOSTGURL--SOPHIA

this is my daughter who they denied US passport.birth certificate for

23 posts in this topic

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

POOR SOPHIE.. =( I MIGHT BE APPLYING HER FOR IR2 ..BUT IM GOING ON TUESDAY AT USCIS TO VERIFY IF WE CAN GET COPY OF IMMIGRATION RECORDS =(

Paano sya na deny??kawawa naman....baka kulang ung mga papel nyo??malamng may kulang kaya sya nadeny....ung sa baby ko naman natagaln kz pina DNA pa un kz ang last requirement na hiningi ng US embassy manila...goodluck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well, posting pictures of the child isn't going to help. I do feel for you though. Have you posted about the situation in this forum? I haven't seen it. Maybe someone will be able to find a solution to the problem. What are the gounds for denial?

--------------

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Sorry tried to edit it. Just saw your other post.

what exactly is the problem? BC error? US domicile of husband? If so, they'd never have given you a CR1. Do they want proof the baby is his? This is very sad.

--------------

Sorry about your situation. There isn't enough information to understand what has happened.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Well, posting pictures of the child isn't going to help. I do feel for you though. Have you posted about the situation in this forum? I haven't seen it. Maybe someone will be able to find a solution to the problem. What are the gounds for denial?

Sounds from the other post like the husband didn't meet the US residence requirements for the child to be granted citizenship through her parent.

Here's the relevant citation from section 4. at the following link.

http://www.uscitizenship.info/citizenship-...ry-children.htm

For children born abroad since 14 November 1986 to a married couple consisting of one U.S. citizen and one non-citizen, the American parent must have been "physically present" in the U.S. for a total of at least five years prior to the birth of the child. Further, at least two years out of this five-year period must have been after the parent reached age 14 (e.g., no good if you lived in the U.S. from birth till age five, then left the country never to return). From 24 December 1952 to 14 November 1986, the minimum requirement was ten years (five years of which had to have been after the parent's 14th birthday).

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i already told her what to do, she and i have the same situation. but for us i didnt bother applying for consular birth abroad and tried getting my sons US citizenship thru me...when i saw that i wa slacking in that requirement that pushbrk posted above i went to the US embassy in the philippines and talked to a consul, she said it would just be a waste of money applying as they would just deny it and give the papers back. she suggested that i petition my son...do the IR-2...someone from jordon had the same situation and he did the CR-2, IR-2...anyway when my son will arrive in the US and be in my custody (UC parent) i can apply for US citizenship... i already told her what to do, posting pictures would not help...

June 2004...i sat down on the bench to tie my shoelaces (literally) not knowing i would marry the man i just sat down next to...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

Oct. 27, 2007...my beautiful son is born

USCIS IR-1/CR-1 Visa Journey

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Feb. 05, 2009: I 130 sent

Feb. 12, 2009: NAO1

Feb. 17, 2009: first touch

Feb. 18, 2009: Touch

May 01, 2009: Touch and NAO2 mailed...yeah hey!

May 08, 2009: NAO2 in the mail

NVC Journey

May 15, 2009: NVC case number

May 18, 2009: Gave email add to NVC

May 28, 2009: Received DS 3032 / I-864 Bill

June 1, 2009: Paid I-864 Bill

June 5, 2009: sent AOS stuff

June 29, 2009: sent DS 230

June 28 - Aug. 8: i spent time with my boys in the philippines

IN A BIG HUGE BLUR...OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED AUGUST 5, 2009 (AFTER RFE: HUSBAND'S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE) AND MY HUSBANDS INTERVIEW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 25, 2009...WE HOPE AND PRAY WE GET IT!

CURRENTLY DOING: PREPARING DOCUMENTS FOR MY SON'S PETITION!

...I am one day further from the last time I saw you but I am one day closer to the next time I will...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello So sorry about the denial of your daughter, i dont understand why, was your husband living out of the US? I would like to apply for my sons crba soon i live in Jamaica my Husband is A Naturalized US Citizen (before the birth of our son, he has never been out of the US longer than 2 weeks, i hope we are approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
i already told her what to do, she and i have the same situation. but for us i didnt bother applying for consular birth abroad and tried getting my sons US citizenship thru me...when i saw that i wa slacking in that requirement that pushbrk posted above i went to the US embassy in the philippines and talked to a consul, she said it would just be a waste of money applying as they would just deny it and give the papers back. she suggested that i petition my son...do the IR-2...someone from jordon had the same situation and he did the CR-2, IR-2...anyway when my son will arrive in the US and be in my custody (UC parent) i can apply for US citizenship... i already told her what to do, posting pictures would not help...

Both this poster, and pushbrk are correct.

If the USC has not met the US residency requirements stated in pushbrk's post, then his child(ren) born abroad are not US Citizens at birth, even if they are his biological children.

The correct way to proceed is to file for immigration benefits (either DCF filing or IR-1), have the child enter the US as a legal permanent resident, and then obtain citizenship for the child automatically under the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 http://adoption.state.gov/pdf/FAQs_Child%2...20of%202000.pdf .

You will not need to naturalize your child, and you can obtain citizenship for your child immediately after they are admitted to the uS.

I can tell you for fact that this works - I had this happen with my own three children when the law fist came into effect in Feb 2001.

My situation was : USC (born on US soil), did not meet the residency requirements in the US (I grew up in Canada and had always lived outside the US). I did a DCF filing in Tel Aviv Israel in 1999 for my wife at the time, and my three children. The children were born in Canada (two) and Brazil (one). We entered the US in Aug 1999. My kids were all green card holders from Aug 1999-Feb 2001. This in spite of the fact that they were biological children of a US Citizen parent (me) and legally in the US.

Once the new law came into effect in 2001 they were automatically citizens. There was no need to take an oath, no ceremony, no paperwork to do. One day (Feb 27 2001) they just woke up, went to school, and were citizens under the law. A few months later I went to the post office and got US Passports for all 3. They no longer live in the US, but those passports are their proof of US citizenship for life.

My marriage unfortunately ended in divorce, hence I am back again dealing with US Immigration, this time a K-1 application for my Thai fiancee.

Good luck!

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

POOR SOPHIE.. =( I MIGHT BE APPLYING HER FOR IR2 ..BUT IM GOING ON TUESDAY AT USCIS TO VERIFY IF WE CAN GET COPY OF IMMIGRATION RECORDS =(

Sorry to hear about that. How cansuch an angel be denied to be with the parents? I did my son's CRBA last AUgust 2008 and never had a problem even he was born in the Philippines.

ANyway Good luck in the process of getting your angel here.

Girl tawag ka kaya sa US embassy manila then ask ka don..301-2000....magkakaiba kz opinion ng mga nandito masstress ka pa sa ibang sinasabi nila....or papuntahin mo parents mo don sa US embassy manila at isama anak mo magtanong sila don...punta sila sa american services...wag kang mag alala maayos pa yan...ingat

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.