skparker

from sending packet 3 to the interview

6 posts in this topic

Hello all, i just have a question and could do with some sound advice please.

I returned back Packet 3 to the London Embassy on wednesday 11th february, i was wondering if anyone could tell me the approximate time when i will be having my interview. I know there isnt an exact answer to my question but a rough idea from those who have already had their interview at London would be much appreciated.

Basically i am asking this because i want to arrange my plane ticket as we all know that the longer we leave booking a plane ticket the higher the tickets cost, also im already getting kinda antsy waiting for packet 4 and my interview date, ha.

Any feedback will be hugely appreciated. :thumbs:

K-1 Journey - Please see our timeline

Got IL Drivers License: 7-18-09

New Job Started: 7-20-09

I-485

Sent: 5-20-09

Arrived: 5-25-09 (date on NOA1)

Cashed check: 6-2-09

NOA Date: 6-1-09

Touch: 6-3-09

Touch 6-5-09

Bio Apt Letter Received: 6-8-09 (letter dated 6-4-09)

Biometrics Apt: 6-19-09 @ 8:00AM DONE

Transfer Date: 6-19-09 to California Service Center

Touch: 6-22-09

Touch: 6-25-09

Touch: 8-17-09

Approval Date: 10-8-09 Card production & 10-14-09

Green Card Received: 10-17-09

EAD

Touch: 6-5-09

Touch: 6-22-09 (received and pending)

Card Production Ordered: 7-7-09

Touch: 7-8-09

Received Card in Mail: 7-10-09

AP

Approval Date: 6-30-09

Uscis says we were approved 6-30-09 but nothing was updated until 7-2-09 and i didnt receive any email until 7-2-09 from CRIS

Received in Mail : 7-6-09

File I-751: 7/2011

The date that you put on your check list for leaving in a kind of indication, I sent my packet 3 back at the begining of January and I put leaving April, my intrview is the 6 March. Someone who sent theirs back at the end of Jan got theirs before mine but put their leaving date as March. I think that they do try and schedule the interview wherever possilbe to try and make the leaving date.

I do know what you mean about booking the flight earlier to get a cheaper ticket, but my advise would be to you not to book it till your visa is confirmed, you just never know and in the long run would cost more to get another ticket or pay to reschedule.

Your best bet is to start calling DOS after it has been received at the embassy for around a week and they will update you on the status of the case

I have found the waiting for the interview to be one of the hardest waits during the process

The date that you put on your check list for leaving in a kind of indication, I sent my packet 3 back at the begining of January and I put leaving April, my intrview is the 6 March. Someone who sent theirs back at the end of Jan got theirs before mine but put their leaving date as March. I think that they do try and schedule the interview wherever possilbe to try and make the leaving date.

I do know what you mean about booking the flight earlier to get a cheaper ticket, but my advise would be to you not to book it till your visa is confirmed, you just never know and in the long run would cost more to get another ticket or pay to reschedule.

Your best bet is to start calling DOS after it has been received at the embassy for around a week and they will update you on the status of the case

I have found the waiting for the interview to be one of the hardest waits during the process

Hey, thankyou so much for the reply. On my checklist form i put down i will be leaving towards the end of March, which ideally i will be. So im thinking you have obviously received Packet 4 since you have your interview date? So if you could kindly tell me how long after you received packet 4 after sending back packet 3? thanks.

Also, my fiance has the number to keep tabs on our case, so thanks very much. The London Embassy already have my Packet, i had it delivered by special delivery and signed for, so i tracked it and had it confirmed that they had received my Packet.

Thanks again for your reply.

K-1 Journey - Please see our timeline

Got IL Drivers License: 7-18-09

New Job Started: 7-20-09

I-485

Cashed check: 6-2-09

Touch 6-5-09

Transfer Date: 6-19-09 to California Service Center

Touch: 6-22-09

Touch: 6-25-09

Touch: 8-17-09

Approval Date: 10-8-09 Card production & 10-14-09

Green Card Received: 10-17-09

EAD

Touch: 6-22-09 (received and pending)

Card Production Ordered: 7-7-09

Touch: 7-8-09

Received Card in Mail: 7-10-09

AP

Approval Date: 6-30-09

Uscis says we were approved 6-30-09 but nothing was updated until 7-2-09 and i didnt receive any email until 7-2-09 from CRIS

Received in Mail : 7-6-09

File I-751: 7/2011

Hey, thankyou so much for the reply. On my checklist form i put down i will be leaving towards the end of March, which ideally i will be. So im thinking you have obviously received Packet 4 since you have your interview date? So if you could kindly tell me how long after you received packet 4 after sending back packet 3? thanks.

Also, my fiance has the number to keep tabs on our case, so thanks very much. The London Embassy already have my Packet, i had it delivered by special delivery and signed for, so i tracked it and had it confirmed that they had received my Packet.

Thanks again for your reply.

There can be a delay from when they receive your packet 3 to when they put it on their system. From when they put it on their system it takes a up to a week to 10 days for them to put a date for an interview on the system (they send it 2nd class mail so it takes 4 days after that to get to you). I would say that leaving date is not as relevant to them as wedding date.

To give you an idea - they signed for our packet 3 on the 27th Jan - we were super lucky and they put it on the system on the 28th Jan (others are not so lucky and some have waited 10days or so if you check the UK timelines you can get a feel for the timeframe). They did not allocate us an interview date until 9th Feb. I had put a leaving date as the end of February with a planned wedding date of 12th March and they sent me an interview date initially for 3rd March, though I managed to get a slotted into an earlier appt based on the date of the wedding when I asked for a cancellation. They would not let me ask for a cancellation until it was on their system that I had been assigned an interview date.

DoS will tell you when it goes on the system and when they allocate your interview. I rang every day, they didn't mind.

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Have you checked that the Embassy have your file loaded on their system ready for interview?

As Talyss & StinkyMonkey have already said alot is dependent on when you have put as your leaving date. I put down a leaving date of 20th Feb and marriage TBA.

I sent pkt 3 back to Embassy before Christmas and it was loaded on their system 6th Jan and my interview was 3rd Feb.

I made a nuisance of myself though to try and get an interview date, best bet is to keep calling DOS (daily) as they will know same day the Embassy have scheduled you an interview.

I definately wouldn't risk booking tickets prior to the interview & approval, anything can happen...just look at the freak weather we have just experienced that closed the Embassy for days!

Good luck, hope you hear something soon.

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Dont forget that even though it has been delivered it might not be at the embassy yet as you send it to a PO box which is not clear from the address

I would call DOS at the end of next week, it took them around 10 days to put it on the system, and then I kept calling every couple of days for my interview date, I got it from Dos over a week before receiving packet 4

dont know if you have it but here is the number 202 6631225 then straight away press 1 then zero they will just ask for you LND number and name and will update you on the case

I would think you should get an interview Mid March, but I am no expert, go check some timlines

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.