lizandpat

February 09 - VSC

11,191 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
I think it is one of the financial affidavits used to require it. I don't think it does anymore, but you will have to wait until you receive packet 3.

affidavit of support (I-134) does not need to be notarized....

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard-Joanna

• Maire

• lizandpat

• lee b

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
The translated document need to contain a court seal. It's different from a notary stamp. But it is also different from country to country, I would assume.

The letter of intent has to be notarized? That's silly. Why would something like that have to be notarized? That just contains my signature. Are you sure about that? The employment letter is from a 3rd party so thats why I would have thought it would have to have the stamp. Thanks for the reply Richard!

I can't point to where it says the letter of intent needs to be notarized... I am using an attorney, since I found VJ, AFTER hiring him.. He wanted it notarized, so I had it notarized. I will look around and see if I can find more...

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Welcome Back Maire!!! 4 days to go. i hope everything is well miss maire. ok!!! Vsc has been hibernating for too long. it is time for them to look for some picnic baskets and wake up. the winter is over!!!! lets get some serious approvals this week.

44e4b32efa.png

1d4934864a.png

af0b479a5e.png

Timeline
I think it is one of the financial affidavits used to require it. I don't think it does anymore, but you will have to wait until you receive packet 3.

affidavit of support (I-134) does not need to be notarized....

I agree with Maire... with ONE very important exception, in that SOME Embassies are still using old forms and may still require the I-134 to be notarized... so check your local requirements on that one... I have read numerous times where they had to be for some embassies.

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

i had to get something notorazied also. i forgot what i got notarized. but i remember i had to do it. i think it was the affadavit of support which i got notarized.

i have it here and yes i needed to get the 1-134 notarized.

44e4b32efa.png

1d4934864a.png

af0b479a5e.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

It doesnt need to be notarized. NOTHING does anymore. It's a thing of the past. With the exception of those embassies using old forms. I can email the embassy and ask them. They have been pretty helpful with my questions. The I-134 is for the K1 and the I-184 is for the AOS correct?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
Welcome Back Maire!!! 4 days to go. i hope everything is well miss maire. ok!!! Vsc has been hibernating for too long. it is time for them to look for some picnic baskets and wake up. the winter is over!!!! lets get some serious approvals this week.

thank you!!!

and Amen to that

Timeline
It doesnt need to be notarized. NOTHING does anymore. It's a thing of the past. With the exception of those embassies using old forms. I can email the embassy and ask them. They have been pretty helpful with my questions. The I-134 is for the K1 and the I-184 is for the AOS correct?

Yes, D_n_M, that is my understanding. I/we are also getting everything together.. which means I have to do my taxes! grumble.

Edited by Richard-Joanna

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

I HAVENT DONE MY TAXES YET¹¹ DO THEY NEED THE 2008 TAXES DONE BEFORE WE GO TO THE EMBASSY? i always wait until october to do mine.

44e4b32efa.png

1d4934864a.png

af0b479a5e.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.