lizandpat

February 09 - VSC

11,191 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
But dont u need a computer to use Skype? From my understanding that is a computer program no? And like I said before there are no computers in the city where he lives..cus Cubans are not allowed to use Internet ...grrrAnyhow....GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!TODAY IS GOING TO BE A ....GOOD DAY! :thumbs:

Can i ask u guys a question? at any point given did u guys think something was not right or that may be u were doing the wrong thing by spending so much money and wasting so much time for someone that might never appreciate it like u think they do?

I am asking this cus...I am starting to...I dont know if the waiting, stress or what it is..but I am not feeling it today..I am feeling like I am spending so much money..dont do a damn thing, dont go anywhere and who knows may be when he gets here things would change like all those horror stories I have read here in VJ forums.

This happened to me today(actually just now)..I called my mother-in-law who also lives here...and she tells me that my fiance went to another city(in Cuba) to take his "passport pictures" that we are going to need for the interview...(keep in mind we dont even have a NOA2 yet) so I tell her how come? I have not advise him to do so and he does not even know how many do we need....she stayed quiet....however, at the same time she doesnt know i have her e-mail account info(well she asked me once to create her an account and i kept the password)...I went into it and he had sent her an email saying he was going to another city to go to a bday party with a friend....after we spoke on the telephone she emailed him saying that when i call him tomorrow he needs to say that he went for the passport pictures...imagine how frustrated iam..why would she lie to me...I would not get mad for him going to a bday party....so then why telling me that he went to take pictures? I call him every wed night and tomorrow when I do it will be a big eye opener to me...I will find out if he would lie to me for something soo stupid...i hope i am not disappointed... :unsure:

what do u guys think? I am soo frustrated right now

I'm a little confused. How did he send an email to his mother with no computer or restricted access to the Internet in Cuba? :blink:

In any regard, I hope you are feeling better or have more clarity today. This process is extremely taxing...and it really can wreck havoc on your pysche and relationship when you read the fart too frequent unfortunate turn of events on VJ. While I agree that it is disturbing that both of them lied to you, try not to go "looking" for things because of what you read here. If you are having doubts, let it be because of actual events happening between you two...and not all the warning or red flags from other people's relationship.

I hope this made some type of sense...I feel like I'm rambling. LOL :blush::thumbs:

Well the only computer is a couple of hrs away,located at a hospital that ONLY doctors are allowed to use. However, he knows someone who works there and sometimes he calls this person and tells him what to write...(not a favor, he later has to pay this person with money or food or anything since this is very risky and the person can lose his job)So he ocassionally e-mails me, like 3-4 times a month thru this via.

I understand what you are saying..sometime the distance and stress can back fire...I am just a little stressed and dont know what to say tonight. It is not a big deal if he goes to a Bday party..I dont mind...its just the lies what kinda bother me :blink:

and what kills me is that I dont even know how to say it..cus i cant say i read her e-mails....and honestly I dont even know what I do it..on a daily basis..yes I admit I do it everyday....I guess I wanna know the truth..may be Iam getting doubts...funny thing is they grow as time passes...

Edited by Maire

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard-Joanna

• Maire

• lizandpat

• lee b

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Morning everyone!

Maire - I hope it all works out for you today!

thank u hunny!!

But of course my friend! We're all here for you! :thumbs:

But dont u need a computer to use Skype? From my understanding that is a computer program no? And like I said before there are no computers in the city where he lives..cus Cubans are not allowed to use Internet ...grrrAnyhow....GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!TODAY IS GOING TO BE A ....GOOD DAY! :thumbs:

Can i ask u guys a question? at any point given did u guys think something was not right or that may be u were doing the wrong thing by spending so much money and wasting so much time for someone that might never appreciate it like u think they do?

I am asking this cus...I am starting to...I dont know if the waiting, stress or what it is..but I am not feeling it today..I am feeling like I am spending so much money..dont do a damn thing, dont go anywhere and who knows may be when he gets here things would change like all those horror stories I have read here in VJ forums.

This happened to me today(actually just now)..I called my mother-in-law who also lives here...and she tells me that my fiance went to another city(in Cuba) to take his "passport pictures" that we are going to need for the interview...(keep in mind we dont even have a NOA2 yet) so I tell her how come? I have not advise him to do so and he does not even know how many do we need....she stayed quiet....however, at the same time she doesnt know i have her e-mail account info(well she asked me once to create her an account and i kept the password)...I went into it and he had sent her an email saying he was going to another city to go to a bday party with a friend....after we spoke on the telephone she emailed him saying that when i call him tomorrow he needs to say that he went for the passport pictures...imagine how frustrated iam..why would she lie to me...I would not get mad for him going to a bday party....so then why telling me that he went to take pictures? I call him every wed night and tomorrow when I do it will be a big eye opener to me...I will find out if he would lie to me for something soo stupid...i hope i am not disappointed... :unsure:

what do u guys think? I am soo frustrated right now

I'm a little confused. How did he send an email to his mother with no computer or restricted access to the Internet in Cuba? :blink:

In any regard, I hope you are feeling better or have more clarity today. This process is extremely taxing...and it really can wreck havoc on your pysche and relationship when you read the fart too frequent unfortunate turn of events on VJ. While I agree that it is disturbing that both of them lied to you, try not to go "looking" for things because of what you read here. If you are having doubts, let it be because of actual events happening between you two...and not all the warning or red flags from other people's relationship.

I hope this made some type of sense...I feel like I'm rambling. LOL :blush::thumbs:

Well the only computer is a couple of hrs away,located at a hospital that ONLY doctors are allowed to use. However, he knows someone who works there and sometimes he calls this person and tells him what to write...(not a favor, he later has to pay this person with money or food or anything since this is very risky and the person can lose his job)So he ocassionally e-mails me, like 3-4 times a month thru this via.

I understand what you are saying..sometime the distance and stress can back fire...I am just a little stressed and dont know what to say tonight. It is not a big deal if he goes to a Bday party..I dont mind...its just the lies what kinda bother me :blink:

Maire - Maybe his mom is worried that you'll be upset and thought it was better to tell you something like the passport lie?? I don't know here, just pulling things out of the air...hehe

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Filed: 02-12-2010

Recv'd in Chicago: 02-15-2010

Email Confirmation Recv'd: 02-23-2010

Online status available: 02-24-2010

Money Orders cashed: 02-24-2010 (Finally!!)

NOA1's (AOS/EAD) recv'd: 02-25-2010 (dated 02-23-2010)

"Touch" on AOS/EAD: 2-26-2010 (Biometrics maybe???)

Biometrics: 3-24-2010 Walk-in successful Biometrics completed 3-11-2010!!

CASE TRANSFERRED TO CSC - 3-10-2010 (WOOHOO!!)

"Touches" on AOS/EAD 3 days in a row! 3-10-10, 3-11-10 & 3-12-10!

Email from USCIS stating case rec'd at CSC - 3-17-10

Another touch on I-485! - 3-17-10

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

EAD card ordered: 04-29-2010 (FINALLY!!)

EAD card rec'd FINALLY! - 05/22/2010

Interview: N/A

Approved with green card ordered: 09-20-2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

and what kills me is that I dont even know how to say it..cus i cant say i read her e-mails....and honestly I dont even know what I do it..on a daily basis..yes I admit I do it everyday....I guess I wanna know the truth..may be Iam getting doubts...funny thing is they grow as time passes...

OOOhhhh okay. Understood. I have zero knowledge on Cuba...although my cousin married a Cuban refugee years ago when I was still in grade school. He never had a desire to speak English...so I didn't get to ask a lot of questions about the country. I would love to visit because from the pictures I have seen...it looks absolutely beautiful.

I don't tolerate lies well at all either. Tell me the truth and let me retain my right to make my own decisions. How did you feel about him clearing the air first without you probing for info? What prompted you to feel like there was something to read in your m-i-l's email box? I mean was it just a bad feeling that wouldn't go away?

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline

OOOhhhh okay. Understood. I have zero knowledge on Cuba...although my cousin married a Cuban refugee years ago when I was still in grade school. He never had a desire to speak English...so I didn't get to ask a lot of questions about the country. I would love to visit because from the pictures I have seen...it looks absolutely beautiful.

I don't tolerate lies well at all either. Tell me the truth and let me retain my right to make my own decisions. How did you feel about him clearing the air first without you probing for info? What prompted you to feel like there was something to read in your m-i-l's email box? I mean was it just a bad feeling that wouldn't go away?

I cant believe he had the odasity to lie to me just cus his mom told him to....I mean I was expecting him to be like :If I didnt do anything wrong why am I going to lie to my fiance?" u know...I dont care if she lies to me I am NOT going to sleep with her, what kills me is that he did...I dont even know what to do or how to go around the subject without making ti obvious i have checked her email....My mom usually tells me "dont look for things...cus if you do you will find what you are looking for"...but iam not like that I like to be aware..i dont like people using me....and by curiosity it has been part of my daily chores to check her email...he has never said anything bad..this is the first thing or lie...

Timeline

I cant believe he had the odasity to lie to me just cus his mom told him to....I mean I was expecting him to be like :If I didnt do anything wrong why am I going to lie to my fiance?" u know...I dont care if she lies to me I am NOT going to sleep with her, what kills me is that he did...I dont even know what to do or how to go around the subject without making ti obvious i have checked her email....My mom usually tells me "dont look for things...cus if you do you will find what you are looking for"...but iam not like that I like to be aware..i dont like people using me....and by curiosity it has been part of my daily chores to check her email...he has never said anything bad..this is the first thing or lie...

I agree with your mother...and had actually typed that and then erased it. :lol: Yes he lied...but he thought better of it and wanted to clear the air with you. However, some could say you are lying too...simple omission of facts does not negate the lie. You are snooping on his mother...and finally found something. Now that you found it, what do you do with it? How do you even bring it up without admitting what you have done wrong?

I think you should give up the snooping, and take some time to reflect on why you are having trust issues with him. This immigration process is truly trying and can have some scary outcomes...however there are many happily successful couples too. I wish you the best...PM me if you ever just need an unbiased ear. (((((((Marie)))))))

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Timeline

Hmm, I understand what your saying Maire......hopefully you can get him to talk to you tonight. And I mean REALLY talk to you!

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Timeline

Thank you guys for everything...but I dont wanna put this bad energy or burden on you!!!!!!!!! Who knows maybe today is a GOOD DAY FOR SOME OF YOU!!!!!Cus honestly speaking if i was to get my NOA2 today I dont think I would so be excited anymore lmao..sometimes i also tend to drown in a glass of water :innocent:

Timeline
Thank you guys for everything...but I dont wanna put this bad energy or burden on you!!!!!!!!! Who knows maybe today is a GOOD DAY FOR SOME OF YOU!!!!!Cus honestly speaking if i was to get my NOA2 today I dont think I would so be excited anymore lmao..sometimes i also tend to drown in a glass of water :innocent:

I'm going to steal your saying...LMAO....

Everything will work out the way it is destined to work out. Chin up lady! :thumbs:

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Timeline

Everything will work out the way it is destined to work out. Chin up lady! :thumbs:

My sentiments exactly, Jawi876!

btw, took a peek at your profile and noticed your bday....you are exactly 10 days older than me..lol!

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Timeline

Excuse meeeeeeeeeeeee? I own the rights to that line....!!!!! :bonk: lol

Timeline

:rofl::rofl:

Ok..WHY isn't it time to go home yet???? :wacko:

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Timeline

I knowwww!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine me!!!!iam dying to get home and call my fiance lol....

Timeline

I knowwww!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine me!!!!iam dying to get home and call my fiance lol....

I bet!!! Do you call right when you get home?

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.