lizandpat

February 09 - VSC

11,191 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Oooh..Maire, if your still passing out drinks, I'll take one! :dance:

Chelartie - Patrick and I discussed it but he felt that him coming here would be better not only for us but also for my daughter. He thought the schools would be better here....and the opportunities for him would be much better as well.

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Filed: 02-12-2010

Recv'd in Chicago: 02-15-2010

Email Confirmation Recv'd: 02-23-2010

Online status available: 02-24-2010

Money Orders cashed: 02-24-2010 (Finally!!)

NOA1's (AOS/EAD) recv'd: 02-25-2010 (dated 02-23-2010)

"Touch" on AOS/EAD: 2-26-2010 (Biometrics maybe???)

Biometrics: 3-24-2010 Walk-in successful Biometrics completed 3-11-2010!!

CASE TRANSFERRED TO CSC - 3-10-2010 (WOOHOO!!)

"Touches" on AOS/EAD 3 days in a row! 3-10-10, 3-11-10 & 3-12-10!

Email from USCIS stating case rec'd at CSC - 3-17-10

Another touch on I-485! - 3-17-10

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

EAD card ordered: 04-29-2010 (FINALLY!!)

EAD card rec'd FINALLY! - 05/22/2010

Interview: N/A

Approved with green card ordered: 09-20-2010

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard-Joanna

• Maire

• lizandpat

• lee b

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
well liz my weekend was great. spent with my kids also. talked to my bey online and got to see her as usual via webcam. Can't wait to see her next week. We will have so much fun. i really like brazil and can't wait to go down again.

rich

I wish I was so lucky like you :unsure: ...But the fact that there are no computers in my hometown and Cubans have no access to Internet anyways..makes it so hard to maintain commmunication with my hubby....

My weekend went well..gym, studying for my finals and went to the doggy park to take my dog...Oh well of course I called my hubby like I do every sat...but only spoke for 15 minutes...calls to Cuba are $1.90/min..grrrrr

Have fun in Brazil...Iam planning on going next month but if I het the NOA2 before that date Ill change it for the interview date..I cant go twice...everything is so expensive with this process that i have seen my saving accounts go down like crazy...

Marie, have you shopped around online for a better deal than 1.90/minute? I looked at one of the providers I used and they have Cuba for .95/minute. You could talk twice as long for the same price. Also you have the VOIP’s, Vonage, Skype etc. You can easily beat the 1.90 rate.

And I am not a paid spokesman, but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn last night!

Greg

But dont u need a computer to use Skype? From my understanding that is a computer program no? And like I said before there are no computers in the city where he lives..cus Cubans are not allowed to use Internet ...grrr

Anyhow....GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!TODAY IS GOING TO BE A ....GOOD DAY! :thumbs:

I do not know if I am allowed to put a web site here for you to look at, so if an admin says it is not cool they will delete it, and I understand. Here is one that I have used: onesuite.com. No computer needed on this one, you dial either a local access or 1-800 number, enter your SO's number and chat away. Minutes are pre-purchased. It is just a suggestion.

Greg

thank you...will I have prove of this conversations for the interview?

For that website there is a call history. I am sure it is similar elsewhere as well.

Greg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Hi all,

Maire: I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time today. Are there other reasons you feel suspicious or is this one of the only incidents? How long have y'all known each other? Do you doubt that he genuinely loves you? On the mom convo piece: I guess you can't really hold him to blame for a lie his mother told. He may have asked her to or she could be completely doing this of her own accord. I hope he's honest when you talk to him.

I guess this is a broader question for everyone. Did you guys have any serious discussions of living in the other country instead? Just curious. It took us a while for us to get on the same page (we've had differing conceptions about where we could have a better life)...but once we did make this decision, I haven't second guessed it.

I think he and I are both trying to put things in perspective that when we're together, it's not like our lives will be instantly perfect. I'm sure we're going to have adjustment issues and other challenges. Maybe that sounds unromantic, but I just want to be realistic so that we're not setting ourselves up for failure. First marriage for both of us, so I guess we'll learn as we go. :)

Cherlartie, we are going to split our time between the two. This will be nice after being stuck here for a year waiting for the AOS.

Greg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Maire my drink is dry just about now. Keep the drinks flowing. I hope that today is a better day for you and everything works out. Good luck!!! As far as the rest of us, let's pray that VCS will increase production and at least get through the beginning of January and possibly get to the middle of January. That would be nice.

RIch

44e4b32efa.png

1d4934864a.png

af0b479a5e.png

Timeline

Hi Maire,

I was just trying to figure out how to send you a message at your profile. i was going to tell you to keep a chin up and hope everything will be ok. we floridians bounce back quickly.

Edited by Rich and Bey

44e4b32efa.png

1d4934864a.png

af0b479a5e.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
Hi Maire,

I was just trying to figure out how to send you a message at your profile. i was going to tell you to keep a chin up and hope everthing will be ok. we floridians bounce back quickly.

Well.....why didnt u?????it would had been nice...well today i feel better even tho...last night i received an email from him....telling me the lie his mom told him to say..so when i call him today i dont even know what to do...but oh welll

Timeline

Morning everyone!

Maire - I hope it all works out for you today!

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Timeline

wow. this is not good maire. Remember it doesn't matter what happens in a beginning of a relationship or the middle. it just matters at the end of the relationship. so if you get married that is all that matters.

rich

Hi liz,

Good morning to you. How is everything with you?

44e4b32efa.png

1d4934864a.png

af0b479a5e.png

Timeline
wow. this is not good maire. Remember it doesn't matter what happens in a beginning of a relationship or the middle. it just matters at the end of the relationship. so if you get married that is all that matters.

rich

Hi liz,

Good morning to you. How is everything with you?

Doing good here...my boss is off today so it's going to be a nice, relaxing day..hehe! :dance:

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Timeline

Liz

Good to know. I hope it will be an easy day for all of us. I just have a few appointments and i have the rest of the day off. i love it.. In one week i leave. This time next week i will be in Brazil.

rich

44e4b32efa.png

1d4934864a.png

af0b479a5e.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
But dont u need a computer to use Skype? From my understanding that is a computer program no? And like I said before there are no computers in the city where he lives..cus Cubans are not allowed to use Internet ...grrrAnyhow....GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!TODAY IS GOING TO BE A ....GOOD DAY! :thumbs:

Can i ask u guys a question? at any point given did u guys think something was not right or that may be u were doing the wrong thing by spending so much money and wasting so much time for someone that might never appreciate it like u think they do?

I am asking this cus...I am starting to...I dont know if the waiting, stress or what it is..but I am not feeling it today..I am feeling like I am spending so much money..dont do a damn thing, dont go anywhere and who knows may be when he gets here things would change like all those horror stories I have read here in VJ forums.

This happened to me today(actually just now)..I called my mother-in-law who also lives here...and she tells me that my fiance went to another city(in Cuba) to take his "passport pictures" that we are going to need for the interview...(keep in mind we dont even have a NOA2 yet) so I tell her how come? I have not advise him to do so and he does not even know how many do we need....she stayed quiet....however, at the same time she doesnt know i have her e-mail account info(well she asked me once to create her an account and i kept the password)...I went into it and he had sent her an email saying he was going to another city to go to a bday party with a friend....after we spoke on the telephone she emailed him saying that when i call him tomorrow he needs to say that he went for the passport pictures...imagine how frustrated iam..why would she lie to me...I would not get mad for him going to a bday party....so then why telling me that he went to take pictures? I call him every wed night and tomorrow when I do it will be a big eye opener to me...I will find out if he would lie to me for something soo stupid...i hope i am not disappointed... :unsure:

what do u guys think? I am soo frustrated right now

I'm a little confused. How did he send an email to his mother with no computer or restricted access to the Internet in Cuba? :blink:

In any regard, I hope you are feeling better or have more clarity today. This process is extremely taxing...and it really can wreck havoc on your pysche and relationship when you read the fart too frequent unfortunate turn of events on VJ. While I agree that it is disturbing that both of them lied to you, try not to go "looking" for things because of what you read here. If you are having doubts, let it be because of actual events happening between you two...and not all the warning or red flags from other people's relationship.

I hope this made some type of sense...I feel like I'm rambling. LOL :blush::thumbs:

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.