lizandpat

February 09 - VSC

11,191 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
ok i filed online, is the 1040 that was printed out from hr block good, or do i need something else"?

Mford I am not sure what you get with H&R, and I do not wish to give any misinformation out here, so I am better off just saying I do not know. It does seem though that most of the people here are getting at least 3 years worth of returns. In your situation though perhaps you might be able to have the returns sent to one of the computers on your base? The IRS should be able to recognize a military address on a computer, maybe? That is worth looking into. They really should try to work along with you. You really are the reception to the rule here, they should cut you some slack.

From what I have read here, the transcripts for the past 3 years are the easiest, and have the least paperwork. Using the transcripts there is no need for W2's, 1099's and all those other alpha numeric papers that go along with the return. I have ordered 06 and 07 already, I am going to try again late next week for the 08 transcripts.

Greg

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard-Joanna

• Maire

• lizandpat

• lee b

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

I am writing this just for what it is worth, no flaming please!

I was reading over on the CFL website. They were talking about the ACH American Citizen Hour in Guangzhou. Apparently it is a service where petitioners can go and ask the actual VO’s questions, although there are no decisions made on your case there. You can have papers notarized for the interview.

One of the items discussed that I found interesting was, one of the posters there intentionally did not have all his papers notarized prior to attending the “hour”. He did this with the thought of going to the hour and presenting his papers for notarization and also showing that he was there in support of his SO. At this meeting you can also explain if your honey might have any language difficulty, and gently drop a request for a local language interview. This along with the fact that you are here in support will be noted on your file. I thought this was a good idea, something I now intend to do. I do not know if all of the Consulates provide this service, but it might be something to look into if you are considering being there for your honey.

One of the other things I have just read there was about front loading you case file, please remember this is for the Chinese Consulates. Providing substantial documentation when filing the initial request, this is something I did not do. There was some mention of almost a pre-decision on the case, even before the interview. This has me worried, because I created my initial file based upon what I have read here, and no I am not saying I was misinformed. You know part of the KISS, keep it simple stupid, plan. Please understand the CFL website is only based upon interviews held in China so YMMV.

Please do not shoot me for this. Even though I did exactly what is posted here in the guidelines, read everything twice and signed it all three times, the usual stuff. But because of some of the recent difficulties in Guangzhou, I now doubt my preparation and I am already worried enough. I know, too late now to worry!

Okay time to duck and run for cover! :(

Greg

Timeline

Now after does my reading on CFL site I came across this. I thought it was cute, and possibly quite true. I wanted to share.

My friend has lovely Israeli Fiancé/Bride.

So they are in the Tampa office to get the Green Card interview.

In the waiting room the lady was yelling at her husband and blaming him for forgetting to bring some document.

The visa officer walked over and handed them the card, no interview and said "I can see you two are really married. Have a nice day."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

so when are we all hoping / expecting apporoval? I'm expecting a 4 and a half month wait for NOA 2 which would be middle of june - but obviously hoping for somthing quicker :thumbs:

goateggs-British-American_Flag.jpg

AOS

Filed AOS, EAD & AP: August 21st 2009

NOA AOS,EAD,AP: August 31st 2009

Transferred to CSC: September 22nd 2009

Biometrics: September 26th 2009

EAD card production : October 1st 2009

AP Approval: October 1st 2009

EAD card production again! : October 6th 2009

AP received: October 8th 2009

EAD sent Email: October 8th 2009

EAD received: October 10th 2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
ok i filed online, is the 1040 that was printed out from hr block good, or do i need something else"?

That's what I plan on using, along with my w-2. From what I understand, you only need the tax transcript if you don't have the other. But please let me know if you find out something different!

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

November 15-Embassy asked for his passport!!!!!!!!!!! yahooooooooooo!!!

December 3- VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you God!!!!!! Good luck to everyone!

Timeline
so when are we all hoping / expecting apporoval? I'm expecting a 4 and a half month wait for NOA 2 which would be middle of june - but obviously hoping for somthing quicker :thumbs:

I am thinking more middle of May. :thumbs:

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Well VSC got my RFE response today at 1101AM, so hopefully I will hear something about my expedite soon.

13 February 2009- Mailed I-129F to VSC

17 February 2009- Packet received and signed for by VSC(A. Stanley)

23 February 2009- Check cashed, finally(and away we go)

23 February 2009 - NOA1(dated February 18th)

22 March 2009- Notice of approval NOA2

4,5May 2009- Medical (Passed, 1 more hurdle)

20 May 2009- Interview (PASSED, GOT THAT PINK SLIP)

25 May 2009- CFO

05 OCT 2009- Flight to El Paso, TX

30 OCT 2009-wedding

02 JAN 2010-filed AOS

04 JAN 2010-signed for at 8:52 by CHYBA

01 FEB 2010-Biomerics appointment

02 FEB- touch on ead and 485

26 FEB- EAD and Advanced Parole update approved

06 APR 2010- Interview, 15 minutes, approved!

29 May 2010- Finally Permanent resident card in mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I'm thinking late May or early June but of course I'm hoping it'll be MUCH earlier!!!

Mford019 - I hope you do hear something very soon!!

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Filed: 02-12-2010

Recv'd in Chicago: 02-15-2010

Email Confirmation Recv'd: 02-23-2010

Online status available: 02-24-2010

Money Orders cashed: 02-24-2010 (Finally!!)

NOA1's (AOS/EAD) recv'd: 02-25-2010 (dated 02-23-2010)

"Touch" on AOS/EAD: 2-26-2010 (Biometrics maybe???)

Biometrics: 3-24-2010 Walk-in successful Biometrics completed 3-11-2010!!

CASE TRANSFERRED TO CSC - 3-10-2010 (WOOHOO!!)

"Touches" on AOS/EAD 3 days in a row! 3-10-10, 3-11-10 & 3-12-10!

Email from USCIS stating case rec'd at CSC - 3-17-10

Another touch on I-485! - 3-17-10

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

EAD card ordered: 04-29-2010 (FINALLY!!)

EAD card rec'd FINALLY! - 05/22/2010

Interview: N/A

Approved with green card ordered: 09-20-2010

Timeline

That's what I plan on using, along with my w-2. From what I understand, you only need the tax transcript if you don't have the other. But please let me know if you find out something different!

The basic difference between the two is the transcript is the completed copy of everything you provided to the IRS, all combined. The tax return is all of the paperwork you will submit to the IRS.

Timeline

The basic difference between the two is the transcript is the completed copy of everything you provided to the IRS, all combined. The tax return is all of the paperwork you will submit to the IRS.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Now that the VSC has updated their timetables hopefully this will be good news for all of us.

Of course I am only one month down with 5 or less more to go. At least they seem to be catching up. Like everyone else here I am sure that phone calls and e-mails just aren't the same.

Lee.gif

Timeline
Now that the VSC has updated their timetables hopefully this will be good news for all of us.

Of course I am only one month down with 5 or less more to go. At least they seem to be catching up. Like everyone else here I am sure that phone calls and e-mails just aren't the same.

IT's the hardest thing ever!! Best of luck to you for a speedy approval.

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Damn, I got so excited when I saw an email today from USCIS, until I realized it was just a message about an updated form. RATS!

:angry:

:blink: Yep..that would tick me off too...LOL!

btw...I've not forgotten about putting the list on here, just haven't had a chance to do it yet. :whistle:

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Filed: 02-12-2010

Recv'd in Chicago: 02-15-2010

Email Confirmation Recv'd: 02-23-2010

Online status available: 02-24-2010

Money Orders cashed: 02-24-2010 (Finally!!)

NOA1's (AOS/EAD) recv'd: 02-25-2010 (dated 02-23-2010)

"Touch" on AOS/EAD: 2-26-2010 (Biometrics maybe???)

Biometrics: 3-24-2010 Walk-in successful Biometrics completed 3-11-2010!!

CASE TRANSFERRED TO CSC - 3-10-2010 (WOOHOO!!)

"Touches" on AOS/EAD 3 days in a row! 3-10-10, 3-11-10 & 3-12-10!

Email from USCIS stating case rec'd at CSC - 3-17-10

Another touch on I-485! - 3-17-10

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

EAD card ordered: 04-29-2010 (FINALLY!!)

EAD card rec'd FINALLY! - 05/22/2010

Interview: N/A

Approved with green card ordered: 09-20-2010

HaHa, yea I got all excited too, I got that same email.

13 February 2009- Mailed I-129F to VSC

17 February 2009- Packet received and signed for by VSC(A. Stanley)

23 February 2009- Check cashed, finally(and away we go)

23 February 2009 - NOA1(dated February 18th)

22 March 2009- Notice of approval NOA2

4,5May 2009- Medical (Passed, 1 more hurdle)

20 May 2009- Interview (PASSED, GOT THAT PINK SLIP)

25 May 2009- CFO

05 OCT 2009- Flight to El Paso, TX

30 OCT 2009-wedding

02 JAN 2010-filed AOS

04 JAN 2010-signed for at 8:52 by CHYBA

01 FEB 2010-Biomerics appointment

02 FEB- touch on ead and 485

26 FEB- EAD and Advanced Parole update approved

06 APR 2010- Interview, 15 minutes, approved!

29 May 2010- Finally Permanent resident card in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.