7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hello to all i am kinda new to all this and i need some one to help me understand something

i just filed I-130 and it was proved (((my wife is in santo domingo))

today i receive a letter from national visa center asking me to pay 70$ by money order or by online

i just pay online and i was wondering what is the next step after i pay online...

do i send them a copy of my receive? or should i send them nothing b/c they got the payment?

another quick question is about the other letter that i got "choice of address and agent"

i do not know what to put for this application

the address for my wife is correct should i put "i don't appoint an agent or an attorney to receive mail about my application. mail from the u.s. department of state concerning my immigrant visa application should be send to me at :?

what should i put if i want them to send the application to her when they arrive over there in her country?

thanks in advance

Edited by Bluediablito

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Today i receive a letter from national visa center asking me to pay 70$ by money order or by online

i just pay online and i was wondering what is the next step after i pay online...

do i send them a copy of my receive? or should i send them nothing b/c they got the payment?

They should be sending your papers shortly that you will have to fill out. I think also they request you print a copy of the receipt.

USCIS

12/03/2008...Sent I-130 form

12/04/2008...Papers reached Chicago LockBox (1Day)

12/11/2008...NOA1 (7days)

12/22/2008...NOA1 hard copy received (11 days ~ Heavy Snowfall Delayed Mail)

03/14/2009...NOA2 (92 days from NOA1)

03/24/2009...NOA2 Hard copy received (No touches or web approval)

NVC

04/06/2009...Received by NVC (23 days from NOA2)

DreAlphaBettas@aol.com

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
hello to all i am kinda new to all this and i need some one to help me understand something

i just filed I-130 and it was proved (((my wife is in santo domingo))

today i receive a letter from national visa center asking me to pay 70$ by money order or by online

another quick question is about the other letter that i got "choice of address and agent"

i do not know what to put for this application

the address for my wife is correct should i put "i don't appoint an agent or an attorney to receive mail about my application. mail from the u.s. department of state concerning my immigrant visa application should be send to me at :?

what should i put if i want them to send the application to her when they arrive over there in her country?

thanks in advance

Please see the link below for the fast step at NVC

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...he_NVC_ShortCut

Read the link above about the process, and if you have any question, do let us know.

About the choice of agent, it is someone that you want the person to receive the mail about Immigration Visa documents from NVC. You can email them for that or you can also mail them as well, you can download the form from this site http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/forms/

About the fee that you paid online, you can wait until it shows Paid and print out the cover sheet letter to put it with the I-864 (affidavit of support) package along with the requested documentes.

After you send out the choice of agent and if they accept it, your Immigration Visa fee bill will be generated and you can also pay that online as well.

Hope this helps

Edited by Mommy

Filed: Timeline

ok i am still a little confuse on the form "choice of address and agent"

this for is to set the address were the application will go over seas?

(((i am the petitioner and i am asking for my wife in santo domingo........ if i put her address will that allow for all the papers to reach her over seas?)))

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
ok i am still a little confuse on the form "choice of address and agent"

this for is to set the address were the application will go over seas?

(((i am the petitioner and i am asking for my wife in santo domingo........ if i put her address will that allow for all the papers to reach her over seas?)))

If your wife, beneficiary does not need the agent then she just states that she does not appoint anyone and then they will send all the documents about Immigration Documents to her but it will take longer time than if she appoints you as her agent to receive the letter and send off the Immigration Visa package (DS-230) for her.

Mostly people appoints the petitioner who is in the US to be the agent because it is much faster.

Here is the template of the email of Choice of Address and agent

Any question let me know

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.