fillup94621

Have Question regarding age for k-1 Visa

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee in the philipphines is 17 years old, 18 in May, 2009. (Im 22 by the way).

I went to visit her and spent 3 weeks with her this new year.

My question is, can I petition her now even though shes not 18 yet? I mean by the time the papers get processed shell be over 18 already.

I have her parents concent and everything.

Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You both must be able and willing to marry when submitting the I-129F. Without parental consent most states require you to be 18. So someone under 1 does not meet that requirement.

In the meantime start doing your reading here on VJ and elsewhere to learn all the things that you will need to do to bring your fiancee here.

Best of luck to the both of you!

Edited by Anh map

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

i think i saw somewhere for the philipphines they need a written statement from the parents at that age. i could be wrong.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
i think i saw somewhere for the philipphines they need a written statement from the parents at that age. i could be wrong.

mine as well.. actual consent required uo to a certain age and then informed consent to an even different higher age..

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have her parents concent, I can get that lketter, my question is, would it be legal for me to start the process now? even though shes not 18 yet??

Would it cause me any problems?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Go to the Asia: East and Pacific forum to get some input from folks specific to PI. You should be able to get some good guidance there.

You don't want to have the submission rejected due to being impatient. And we are all impatient when going through this process. :)

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I have her parents concent, I can get that lketter, my question is, would it be legal for me to start the process now? even though shes not 18 yet??

Would it cause me any problems?

You must both be of legal age to marry in the location the marriage is to take place, in order to file the petition. If she is not currently old enough, you can submit documentation of her parents' consent with the petition or wait until she's 18 to file.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
To avoid any kind of negative review, why not wait until May?? In this country, she will not be an adult until she turns 18.

they can apply now...she wouldnt be in the US until way after may anyway. so i wouldnt tell the OP to wait til May to apply

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.