V&J2005

Hi, I'm from Peru

728 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Welcome!

Just want to share some good news, NO, I'm not pregnant yet. I decided to stay and and go on vacaction to Peru next year, well I was job hunting too and recently (last monday) got a new job!!!!! With regular hours, all the benefits, 3 weeks of vacation all the holidays, I'm so happpy and my hubby is very happy for me too.

Well havea great day amigos :thumbs:

Hugs

Vi

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I've read through some of the posts on this thread and they've got me a little worried about how my wife will feel after moving to the US. :unsure: I tell her that I expect she'll miss her family a lot and that she may be depressed from time to time, but she reassures me every time I bring it up that she'll be just fine and that she's extremely excited to be able to spend every day with me very soon. For those of you originally from Lima and now living in the States, how did you feel before moving here and how has the process of adjusting gone since you arrived here?

Save Shpat's threads

69-97-116-32-83-104-105-116-32-74-101-110-110

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
I've read through some of the posts on this thread and they've got me a little worried about how my wife will feel after moving to the US. :unsure: I tell her that I expect she'll miss her family a lot and that she may be depressed from time to time, but she reassures me every time I bring it up that she'll be just fine and that she's extremely excited to be able to spend every day with me very soon. For those of you originally from Lima and now living in the States, how did you feel before moving here and how has the process of adjusting gone since you arrived here?

In jan 08, I will be 2 years living in the US

At 1st, It was hard for me because I'm very close to my family. maybe the first 6 months I was depresed sometime

but Jeff helped me a lot.

I still miss my family but it's not that bad. I have a job and new friends here, i think that helps a lot too

:yes:

Timeline

Erika's HUSBAND:

Well to be honest I used to say that to my hubby too, that everything was going to be alright but the 1st year was very hard for me, I come from a a very big, close family and I miss every moment with them but my husband was EXTREMELY patient with me. As Veroka said, wasn't until I got a new job, made new friends and started making my own money that I started feeling much better.

Good luck in your journey.

By the way, VEROKA how's everything?? we haven't heard from you for a long time, how was the trip tp Canada?

Hugs for everybody

Vi

sofsmile-1.jpg

Erika's HUSBAND:

Well to be honest I used to say that to my hubby too, that everything was going to be alright but the 1st year was very hard for me, I come from a a very big, close family and I miss every moment with them but my husband was EXTREMELY patient with me. As Veroka said, wasn't until I got a new job, made new friends and started making my own money that I started feeling much better.

By the way, VEROKA how's everything?? we haven't heard from you for a long time, how was the trip tp Canada?

Hugs for everybody

Vi

Thanks for the help and advice Veroka and Vi. :yes: We are going to spend every possible second that we can with each other. Also, my sister (a single mom) has an 18-month-old boy and a 5-month-old girl. Erika says she is extremely excited about helping my sister take care of them. I imagine that should help until she can get a job. I know we'll be really busy for a while introducing her to her new friends and second family, taking an occasional road trip, etc.

Do you suggest anything else to make the transition easier?

I'm also wondering about the winters here...she thinks that it's bitter cold when the temperature in Lima is in the mid-50's (F):o I can't imagine how she'll react to the cold winters here. I keep telling her that she's going to hate the winter weather but she always says that she'll be fine as long as I'm there to keep her warm :lol:

Save Shpat's threads

Erika's HUSBAND:

Hugs for everybody

Vi

Thanks for the help and advice Veroka and Vi. :yes: We are going to spend every possible second that we can with each other. Also, my sister (a single mom) has an 18-month-old boy and a 5-month-old girl. Erika says she is extremely excited about helping my sister take care of them. I imagine that should help until she can get a job. I know we'll be really busy for a while introducing her to her new friends and second family, taking an occasional road trip, etc.

Do you suggest anything else to make the transition easier?

I'm also wondering about the winters here...she thinks that it's bitter cold when the temperature in Lima is in the mid-50's (F):o I can't imagine how she'll react to the cold winters here. I keep telling her that she's going to hate the winter weather but she always says that she'll be fine as long as I'm there to keep her warm :lol:

:blush: meant to say Fahrenheit, not (F) after the temperature

Save Shpat's threads

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
Welcome!

Just want to share some good news, NO, I'm not pregnant yet. I decided to stay and and go on vacaction to Peru next year, well I was job hunting too and recently (last monday) got a new job!!!!! With regular hours, all the benefits, 3 weeks of vacation all the holidays, I'm so happpy and my hubby is very happy for me too.

Well havea great day amigos :thumbs:

Hugs

Vi

Great news on the new job............ :dance:

K-1 Adventure

9/04 - 2/06

Met in Peru, Engaged, Successful I-129F, K-1 interview and Married

AOS / EAD / AP and Remove Condition

3/06/06 - AOS/EAD/AP process begins

3/31/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package Fed Ex'd to Chicago

4/03/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package signed & received

4/10/06 - NOA1's received for AOS, EAD and AP via U.S. Mail

4/11/06 - All 3 checks cashed / $745.00 poorer but worth every penny

4/27/06 - Receive Biometrics appointment letter scheduled for 5/11/06

5/11/06 - Biometrics completed

6/02/06 - Receive notice that AOS only has been transferred to California to speed things along

6/07/06 - E-mail that AOS received in California

6/13/06 - Welcome letter mailed by California... yeah baby

6/17/06 - Official welcome letter received and card will arrive within 3 weeks

6/19/06 - Card arrived in the mail.......

3/08/07 - Trip back to Peru for 10 days and our Religous Wedding

3/2007 - We're Pregnant

12/19/07 - Sebastien Joshua born 8:29am 7lbs 2oz 19.5"

3/14/08 - I-751 Removing Condition is in the mail

3/20/08 - Checked cashed

3/17/08 - I-751 Package signed and received

3/24/08 - Case moved to Vermont

4/17/08 - Biometrics completed

4/21/08 - Touched...........

6/16/08 - Touched once again........

11/3/08 - Touched again.. this is begining to feel good

Timeline
Erika's HUSBAND:

Hugs for everybody

Vi

Hello Vi & the rest of the VJs members

I have been busy but I always try to be here and read their new posts

Everything in Ohio is good. Our trip to Canada was great, I will never forgot those moments we spent there.

My fav. places were Niagara falls... It's a romantic place specially at night (L):P

I also enjoyed being in an island north of Toronto, where everything was calm and nice. :P

see ya guys

Veroka

Timeline

This is my last week waking up at 4.30am to go to work, did I tell you that I have to leave my house at 4.50am? no more walking at night by myself!!!!!!!!!

Finally a job with regular hours!!!!!!!!! Sorry I'm just venting.. :dance:

By the way a little question for the peruvians:::, I'm trying to build some credit in this country, I used to have a credit card with my name but was really my hubby' s credit card, so for two years we thought that I was building some credit here and then we found out that not, what a waste of time and money... what are you doing to build your credit line in the States???

VEROKA:::

Where are you working no?????

Gotta go... I don't know what to cook, any advice???

Hugs

Vi

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
By the way a little question for the peruvians:::, I'm trying to build some credit in this country, I used to have a credit card with my name but was really my hubby' s credit card, so for two years we thought that I was building some credit here and then we found out that not, what a waste of time and money... what are you doing to build your credit line in the States???

I know that some banks will give you a secured credit card. You open up an account with about $500.00 and you get a credit card with $500.00 credit limit on that account. You use the credit card and pay back each month. This is one way to build credit.

The other is to try to open a Sears, Macy's or JC Penny credit card, but you have a 50/50 shot at getting one of these credit cards.

K-1 Adventure

9/04 - 2/06

Met in Peru, Engaged, Successful I-129F, K-1 interview and Married

AOS / EAD / AP and Remove Condition

3/06/06 - AOS/EAD/AP process begins

3/31/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package Fed Ex'd to Chicago

4/03/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package signed & received

4/10/06 - NOA1's received for AOS, EAD and AP via U.S. Mail

4/11/06 - All 3 checks cashed / $745.00 poorer but worth every penny

4/27/06 - Receive Biometrics appointment letter scheduled for 5/11/06

5/11/06 - Biometrics completed

6/02/06 - Receive notice that AOS only has been transferred to California to speed things along

6/07/06 - E-mail that AOS received in California

6/13/06 - Welcome letter mailed by California... yeah baby

6/17/06 - Official welcome letter received and card will arrive within 3 weeks

6/19/06 - Card arrived in the mail.......

3/08/07 - Trip back to Peru for 10 days and our Religous Wedding

3/2007 - We're Pregnant

12/19/07 - Sebastien Joshua born 8:29am 7lbs 2oz 19.5"

3/14/08 - I-751 Removing Condition is in the mail

3/20/08 - Checked cashed

3/17/08 - I-751 Package signed and received

3/24/08 - Case moved to Vermont

4/17/08 - Biometrics completed

4/21/08 - Touched...........

6/16/08 - Touched once again........

11/3/08 - Touched again.. this is begining to feel good

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
This is my last week waking up at 4.30am to go to work, did I tell you that I have to leave my house at 4.50am? no more walking at night by myself!!!!!!!!!

Hugs

Vi

Hola,

I work with credit every day. Get online and check out Capital One Bank for a secured credit card and also Orchard Bank. Send in $200 to $300 to each and they will send you a card and will start reporting to the 3 credit reporting agencies. After several months go try and get a department store card. J.C. Penney is good for establishing credit. Then you will be on your way. Good luck.

Brian

Brian & Isa

Timeline

Hugs

Vi

HI VI!

how long have u been in the US?

It's going to be my 2nd year in few months B)

last year for me was to discover :lol: We went to festivals, we visit many cities, I tried diff types of food, I enjoyed 4 seasons, a difference in Lima we have a short summer and long winter...

This year i have more experience in the everyday...

I remember last year i went to a bank for sn patrick's day and I wasnt wearing nothing green.. I didnt know anything about it, and i got a pinch :(:wacko:

About ur question...

I'm working in a pharmacy as a pharmacy technician :)

well see ya

Timeline

Well, yesterday I went to Commerce bank and they were giving me some problems because my Green Card expired and I'm waiting for the new one, I brought my extension letter but that didn't help, so I got annoyed and went to Washington Mutual and opened a new checking account, I asked for a Credit car and they offered me the Secured card MandyR mentioned, I'm willing to do that, I'm thinking in going today and apply for one. Question, If I put down $500 am I going to get my money back sometime in the future? I know I should asked this yesterday at the bank.

VEROKA

I came to this country 2 years and 3 months ago, July 3rd 2005 to be exact. I still missing my family but my job, new friends, new activities are filling than emptiness in my life. I love to spend time with my hubby, work out (alot) cook and read!

I have to continue working...

SeeYa

Vi

sofsmile-1.jpg

Timeline

Good morning everybody

Good news, I opened a new checking account at Washington Mutual and got approved for a Secured Credit card, I think that's the easiest way. I put down $300 and in about 10 days I'll be getting a new Master Card credit card. I thought that they were going to keep my $300 but they explained me that after a few months I can show the records of all the payments I make and they can approve me for a real credit card.

Thanks everybody for sharing your experiences with me

Have a great day

VI :thumbs:

sofsmile-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.