neva

Flowers

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I recently used RussianFlora.com

They seemed to have the best pricing, etc. Yes price was a bit steep but I had to do something.

Well, my simple arrangement of 11 red roses totally blew away my fiancee. It was a complete surprise, came at a time when she was a little down, and I earned a lot of points.

The best was to come later when she sent me some pictures of her with her arrangement. I then was totally blown away.

What looked like a simple arrangement from the picture on the website got Super Super-sized over in Russia.

The roses were huge and she was almost lost behind the arrangement. Alla did say that she had never ever in her life received so many and such huge flowers.

Money well spent. :thumbs:

Just my experience; which I will repeat with Women's Day approaching. (Don't worry everyone, we are meeting in Kiev for Valentine's.)

Phil

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

You guys sure are romantic. I don't think I ever sent my fiancee flowers, not even once.

Just remember, whatever you do now (campaign promises) has to be "outdone" after she gets here. (Elected to office.)

I also like to play the "only one holiday" thing. "Either you can have Russian holidays or American holidays, you can't have both." It's too expensive to buy flowers on Valentines AND Woman's Day, they're so close together. "One or the other, honey. Which one do you want." Now that's romance!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

slim, slim, slim.....you have a lot to learn! I'm only joking you know.

You NEED to buy that fine lady some flowers. And I'm sure you know that every gift does not need to be more lavish than the others.

Phil

Last time I bought her flowers she said, "Why you always buy for me discount flowers?"

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
Last time I bought her flowers she said, "Why you always buy for me discount flowers?"

OK, I understand. You have a BIG problem ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
You guys sure are romantic. I don't think I ever sent my fiancee flowers, not even once.

Just remember, whatever you do now (campaign promises) has to be "outdone" after she gets here. (Elected to office.)

I also like to play the "only one holiday" thing. "Either you can have Russian holidays or American holidays, you can't have both." It's too expensive to buy flowers on Valentines AND Woman's Day, they're so close together. "One or the other, honey. Which one do you want." Now that's romance!

oh yeah that is a good point! I happen to be obnoxiously sappy. i prefer to get flowers randomly on odd days so it is a surprise, but with the distance it seems appropriate. But you provide sound advice my friend

Filed: Timeline

I'm so disappointed in VJ. Time was, you'd post something like this and the UK or MENA forum would descend like rabid locusts. I think you've lost your touch Slim.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Your best bet is to ask someone you know in St. Pete to buy for you. But of course, if that is not an option, you will get gouged, and there is not much you can do about it.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

I'm so disappointed in VJ. Time was, you'd post something like this and the UK or MENA forum would descend like rabid locusts. I think you've lost your touch Slim.

Yeah, those were the days. You didn't even have to say anything bad, only think it, and they were all over here with their popcorn and what-not. I guess most of them have been in the U.S. long enough now to see we were right. (Man logic being applied here....... anxiously awaiting responses that'll probably never come.)

Русский форум член.

Timeline

And I thought I was the only one with enough backbone to say that!

-------------

If you occasion has not passed, my Mother in law will be glad to buy some nice flowers and make delivery for a reasonable fee.

Let me know.

PS: she also has a room for rent

Edited by Danno

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

I ordered flowers with them taking a digital photo for me of her receiving the flowers. It was through a company in Russia and it was not too expensive. You will have to spend a lot of time researching it, but it could be well worth it, especially the pictue. Good luck.

I would not use a florist in the US.

Russian Fiancee - Moscow Embassy

1/27/06 Mailed I-129F to TSC and forwarded to CSC for K-1 & K-2 Visa

2/1/06 CSC received I-129F

2/7/06 Received NOA1 TSC

4/14/06 I-129F Approved

4/25/06 Received NOA2 TSC

5/12/06 Received at NVC

5/18/06 Mailed to US Embassy, Moscow

8/9/06 Physical Exams for K-1 & K-2

8/11/06 Interview Scheduled

8/11/06 VISA APPROVED

8/17/06 Visa Received

9/12/06 Flight from SVO

12/09/06 MARRIED

2/16/07 Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP

3/15/07 Biometrics scheduled (Had to Re-schedule)

3/22/07 Biometrics completed for K-1 & K-2

4/11/07 Received phone call from USCIS, Interview Scheduled, FBI check completed

4/16/07 AOS Interview, passed pending I-693A

4/16/07 Civil Surgeon completed I-693A, I-693A submitted to USCIS office

4/18/07 Notice mailed welcoming New Permanent Resident

4/19/07 Card production ordered for K-1 & K-2

4/25/07 2 Year Green Card Received dated 4/17/07

1/21/09 Mailed I-751 to VSC for K-1 & K-2

1/24/09 VSC Received I-751

1/31/09 I-797C, Notice of Action Received for Wife

2/20/09 Biometrics Letter Received for Wife, Appt 3/2/09 Completed

2/20/09 I-797C, Notice of Action Received for Step-daughter

2/24/09 Biometrics Letter Received for Step-daughter Appt 3/10/09 Completed

3/2/09 Mailed Wife's Passport to Houston for Renewal - Received 6/5/09

9/15/09 Interview at New Orleans Field Office

1/19/10 Eligible to file N-400 for Citizenship

Timeline

Typically the cheapest way to go is to locate a individual who does this as a side line biz.

I used a lady like this once in St Pet (yes I admit, I sent flowers on womensDay once).

The hard part is transferring payment. This lady had an American Boyfriend and I sent the money to his USA address. They are broke up now so I don't know how she takes payment if she is still doing it.

With my MIL in St pet, I forward the flower money to her via my check-card.

Of course if my wife and I get divorced ;) ... the MIL looses her flower delivery business.

:devil:

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.