Danno2

Super Simple Packet 3 Checklist

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have found lists in various places but I was looking for something very simple and concise that I could share with my fiance who English is a second language. This would be a task list we could could share, discus and work through to submit packet 3. Can you take a look at this and provide a comment as to ways I can further simplify but have enough information to not make mistakes?

Post NOA1 Activities

Beneficiary

• Police Report, translated to English.
  • Birth Certificate, translated to English.
  • Never married certificate
  • Evidence that you and your fiancé have an ongoing relationship.
  • 4 Passport photos of your fiancé
  • Copy of your fiance’s passport page that has her picture.

Petitioner

• 3 year of tax records / Notarized
  • 3 months of bank statements / Notarized ??
  • 3 months of pay stubs
  • Employment letter from your company
  • Bank letter stating average balance
  • Evidence of having met in person
  • Continuing relationship evidence
  • I-134.
  • DS-230 for your fiancé
  • DS-156 for your fiancé
  • DS-156K for your fiancé
  • DS-157 for your fiancé

Make 3 copies of all documents you have gathered.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prepare 2 submissions attached with a binder clip

Submission A - Beneficiary sends to Embassy

• 2 passport photos
  • Copy of her passport
  • Checklist and letter from the Packet 3 to the U.S. Embassy

Submission B – Held for Interview

• I134
  • Bank statements
  • Tax statements
  • Employer letter
  • Evidence of ongoing relationship
  • Original documents from petitioners I129F packet

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I have found lists in various places but I was looking for something very simple and concise that I could share with my fiance who English is a second language. This would be a task list we could could share, discus and work through to submit packet 3. Can you take a look at this and provide a comment as to ways I can further simplify but have enough information to not make mistakes?

Post NOA1 Activities

Beneficiary

• Police Report, translated to English.
  • Birth Certificate, translated to English.
  • Never married certificate
  • Evidence that you and your fiancé have an ongoing relationship.
  • 4 Passport photos of your fiancé
  • Copy of your fiance’s passport page that has her picture.

Petitioner

• 3 year of tax records / Notarized
  • 3 months of bank statements / Notarized ??
  • 3 months of pay stubs
  • Employment letter from your company
  • Bank letter stating average balance
  • Continuing relationship evidence
  • I-134.
  • DS-230 for your fiancé
  • DS-156 for your fiancé
  • DS-156K for your fiancé
  • DS-157 for your fiancé

Make 3 copies of all documents you have gathered.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 passport photos
  • Copy of her passport
  • Checklist and letter from the Packet 3 to the U.S. Embassy

• I134
  • Bank statements
  • Tax statements
  • Employer letter
  • Evidence of ongoing relationship
  • Original documents from petitioners I129F packet

thanx for posting.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Some claim that Packet 3 directions have changed and that ALL documents must be sent to the Consulate before Packet 4 (interview date) is issued.

I have heard this as well.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

moved from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures General Discussion to US Embassy and Consulate General Discussion

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Thanks for the information. If anyone has other more generic comments to make that would be applicable to what I have already posted please let me know and Ill update this doc.

Since I'll be going through Thailand I'm going to add the latest from that embassy's website and members who were recently approved from there. I will post that version in a thread under SE Asia or other places if its appropriate.

Your feedback / ideas are greatly appreciated.

Timeline
Thanks for the information. If anyone has other more generic comments to make that would be applicable to what I have already posted please let me know and Ill update this doc.

Since I'll be going through Thailand I'm going to add the latest from that embassy's website and members who were recently approved from there. I will post that version in a thread under SE Asia or other places if its appropriate.

Your feedback / ideas are greatly appreciated.

Post NOA1 Activities

Beneficiary

Police Report, translated to English.

Birth Certificate, translated to English.

My understanding is that the beneficiary may certify their own translations of birth certificate and police report if they are fluent and sign the translation certification.

Never married certificate

I've asked about this many times and get conflicting answers. My fiancé insists that this is an old requirement (In Thailand) and in fact, no longer available there. I understand that this is required in some other countries. Does anyone know what the current status of this is in Thailand?

Evidence that you and your fiancé have an ongoing relationship.

4 Passport photos of your fiancé

Copy of your fiance’s passport page that has her picture.

Petitioner

3 year of tax records / Notarized Notarized? Really? Isn't copies of 1040 with W-2s sufficient? And do you need 3 years???

3 months of bank statements / Notarized ??

3 months of pay stubs

Employment letter from your company

Bank letter stating average balance Are bank statements sufficient or do we need a letter???

Evidence of having met in person

Continuing relationship evidence

I-134.

DS-230 for your fiancé

DS-156 for your fiancé

DS-156K for your fiancé

DS-157 for your fiancé

Make 3 copies of all documents you have gathered. Wow…3 copies of everything? Tax forms, bank statements, evidence of on-going relation…My phone logs alone 100 pages. And these should all be bound…at the top like legal forms or in notebook form?

2 passport photos

Copy of her passport

Checklist and letter from the Packet 3 to the U.S. Embassy

I134

Bank statements

Tax statements

Employer letter

Evidence of having met in person

Evidence of ongoing relationship

Original documents from petitioners I129F packet

Can someone clarify if these what is sent to consulate.

The police certificate doesn't need to be translated if she's applying for a K-1 at the consulate. You can cross that task off your list. If documents are being sent to the NVC for an immigrant visa then they need an English translation, as people in NH rarely speak any language other than English. You will need the birth certificate translated into English. While you're at it, I would make sure she has more than one official copy from the issuing authority. My DIL has one and it is currently in the postal system - definitely not a good feeling.

Thai Mom

Timeline
Some claim that Packet 3 directions have changed and that ALL documents must be sent to the Consulate before Packet 4 (interview date) is issued.

I have heard this as well.

AronLV who just went through the process indicates "In the Packet 3 instructions sent to me by the embassy it states, all items must be returned with the checklist except for Evidence of Relationship, and the original documents which must be brought with you at the time of the interview. The confusion comes because they have changed the rules, and not updated the downloaded documents.

Timeline

In reading the instructions on the form I-134 if you are not self employed you only need

Statement from an officer of the bank with

Date account Opened

Total amount deposited in the past year

Account balance

Statement from employer on business stationary with

Date and nature of employment

Salary paid

Whether the position is temporary or permanent

In reading the instructions on the form I-134 if you are not self employed you only need

Statement from an officer of the bank with

Date account Opened

Total amount deposited in the past year

Account balance

Statement from employer on business stationary with

Date and nature of employment

Salary paid

Whether the position is temporary or permanent

What does the consulate say they want? It seems too many get hung up on the I-134. If I remember right, they really cared about the last year's tax return, preferably a transcript, and evidence of current employment or sufficient assets.

Thai Mom

Timeline
Never married certificate

I've asked about this many times and get conflicting answers. My fiancé insists that this is an old requirement (In Thailand) and in fact, no longer available there. I understand that this is required in some other countries. Does anyone know what the current status of this is in Thailand?

YES. This is still required, if they have never been married. It says it in the packet 3 instructions.

If they have been divorced then the Divorce decree would satisfy the not married part.

They must get this at their district office in their home province. It also needs to family members as witnesses when they pick it up.

As for what needs to be sent with Packet 3, when I get back to BKK, I will scan the page that comes with the hard copy packet 3 instructions, and post it here.

Nice list you put together.

May I also suggest change the title of the thread to say Thailand, since this checklist pertains to BKK embassy, and not all embassy's have the same requirements.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.