jennleah72

How did everyone meet their american/canadian significant others?

145 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
My husband and I met on EHarmony in Feb 2006, we were lucky that we were only 1/2 hour from each other because we are both close to the U.S. border. We were married in June 2007 and I was able to move here in July 2008

Wow, you're the first EHarmony people I've met. Have you done any commercials? :lol:

My husband Stan and I met through very sad circumstances. We met in an Oncology waiting room; we were both waiting to receive radiation treatment for cancer. Dating was the last thing I had on my mind when I noticed that he was locked into a stare and couldn't take his eyes off me. I really couldn't see what he was seeing because I was really thin but every time I looked across the room he was just staring and staring and staring.

Ohmygoodness, kcoyclay1. What a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing. I pray for the health and well-being of the two of you, and for a long and happy life together. (F)

OMG sorry! We met at a friend's house over dinner. No online games, no web-dates. I just had to stick up for the mundane on VJ. Please excuse :lol:

:lol: What did you have for dinner? :hehe:

iagree.gif

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:lol: What did you have for dinner? :hehe:

OMG sorry! We met at a friend's house over dinner. No online games, no web-dates. I just had to stick up for the mundane on VJ. Please excuse :lol:

yawnnnn

j/k :lol:

alliance ftw!!

I dont remember about the dinner itself. Pretty boring, I agree - unlike the swashbuckling online adventures I am reading about here :lol: But who knows, I can always join up and save Vika from a troll or something later, right? :rofl:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That a nice post! It's so fun to read everyone's stories.

Dex and I met in Toronto during Caribana in 2005. We were staying in the same hotel. I came with my cousin and frined from Montreal and went with 3 of his friends from Albany, NY. We met the day of the parade in the lobby. He asked us where we were partying that night...we didn't know yet...so he told us about this party, gave us his room number so we could all go together. We met later that night and went to the party....we danced all night. One of the organizers whom Dex new was taking pictures to post on their website. so Dex said: "Hey man! Take a picture of me and my girl!" I looked at him and said "Your girl???" Little did I know!!! lolol

The next morning we all had breakfast together and had really good conversation. Dex asked me my e-mail. He didn't write it down or anything...i wasn't there to meet anyone so I figured I'd never hear from him again.

2 weeks later i get an e-mail from him. I couldn't believe he actually remembered! We started exchanging e-mails, then started to talk on the phone and he finally came up to visit me in Montreal in Feb.2006. We connected and the rest is history. We now have 2 beautiful daugthers together and cannot wait to finally be together under one roof and stop all that traveling!!! lol

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Met at a club actually. It was a big event with bands and art and whole bunch of stuff and I had driven up from Colorado Springs to Denver for the night to stay with friends to attend the event. Early in the night they wanted to bail so I was like #######. They said just come back when I was done there, so since I knew a bunch of people I stayed.

One of my friends said for me to just stay with her and her husband and they'd drive me to get my car the next morning. So that was cool. Anyways she was doing the photos for the event and she had to go to the other club to shoot the bands, so I went there with her. While she was doing that I sat down on the back stage watching the bands. Girl sitting next to me smiled and so did I. We then started to talk. I asked her to hold my beer and I'd be right back. Met up with a friend and forgot about my beer and ended up comming back over an hour later where the girl was still sitting there with my beer. True love. We talked until the bands ended and then moved to the front section of the bar while the back area was being cleared out. As we were talking another one of my friends came up and she started yapping which was funny. That pretty much ended the night and the mystery girl had to go. I gave her my number not expecting her to call.

She called a week later and we would talk and then I went up there to go out to a club she said she'd be at. I went with some friends and she showed up (with her boyfriend, ugh). So that was kind of the end of those dreams. She still called and we'd talk etc. until one time she had a delima. She said she was preparing to move in with her boyfriend a 2nd time (she had moved out a few months before) and wasn't sure if it was the right thing. I of course talked her out of it, he was mad, she realized he wasn't the one etc and her and I ended up finally dating. Lasted a year before we got engaged and then married.

So met drunk at a club watching bands ha ha.

Now she doesn't play games or anything like that, but she is always laughing at my raiding nights on WoW. And yes, 3 80's already whoohoo ha. All Horde of course...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Met at a club actually. It was a big event with bands and art and whole bunch of stuff and I had driven up from Colorado Springs to Denver for the night to stay with friends to attend the event. Early in the night they wanted to bail so I was like #######. They said just come back when I was done there, so since I knew a bunch of people I stayed.

One of my friends said for me to just stay with her and her husband and they'd drive me to get my car the next morning. So that was cool. Anyways she was doing the photos for the event and she had to go to the other club to shoot the bands, so I went there with her. While she was doing that I sat down on the back stage watching the bands. Girl sitting next to me smiled and so did I. We then started to talk. I asked her to hold my beer and I'd be right back. Met up with a friend and forgot about my beer and ended up comming back over an hour later where the girl was still sitting there with my beer. True love. We talked until the bands ended and then moved to the front section of the bar while the back area was being cleared out. As we were talking another one of my friends came up and she started yapping which was funny. That pretty much ended the night and the mystery girl had to go. I gave her my number not expecting her to call.

She called a week later and we would talk and then I went up there to go out to a club she said she'd be at. I went with some friends and she showed up (with her boyfriend, ugh). So that was kind of the end of those dreams. She still called and we'd talk etc. until one time she had a delima. She said she was preparing to move in with her boyfriend a 2nd time (she had moved out a few months before) and wasn't sure if it was the right thing. I of course talked her out of it, he was mad, she realized he wasn't the one etc and her and I ended up finally dating. Lasted a year before we got engaged and then married.

So met drunk at a club watching bands ha ha.

Now she doesn't play games or anything like that, but she is always laughing at my raiding nights on WoW. And yes, 3 80's already whoohoo ha. All Horde of course...

What's with all the Horde people...I mean really.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

I think Blizz has put more couples together than any dating site. They should do a con dedicated to WoW couples.

Phil and I met during an MC raid. He was in an ally guild. Some silly warlock in my guild stirred up some loot drama in front of Baron Geddon and I apologized on our behalf after she was kicked from the raid. He whispered me to say he thought that was really decent of me and I ended up in his guild.

Telling that story to non-WoW players is always interesting. They look at you like you are speaking in code.

~ Catherine

Timeline
I think Blizz has put more couples together than any dating site. They should do a con dedicated to WoW couples.

Phil and I met during an MC raid. He was in an ally guild. Some silly warlock in my guild stirred up some loot drama in front of Baron Geddon and I apologized on our behalf after she was kicked from the raid. He whispered me to say he thought that was really decent of me and I ended up in his guild.

Telling that story to non-WoW players is always interesting. They look at you like you are speaking in code.

~ Catherine

:lol:

It's funny you should say that. Before I started playing, my Husband already was and it indeed sounds like code!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Awwwwwww. That's fun! Caribana's awesome.

Word. I <3 Caribana.

Jared and I met on a music website dedicated to the band FurtherSeemsForever. You probably have never heard of them but they began with the lead singer Chris Carrabba who formed Dashboard Confessional many years ago. Some people know of Dashboard but they are sort of a tween-type band. (I still love them but..ya know..it reminds me of highschool)

Any way, I was the bees knees on the board. Every one loved me. I actually formed many long lasting relationships on this message board with people I met in real life and became good friends with. Actually, one of these people, my friend Pat, from Niagara Falls was living in Edmonton at the time. We always hung out when he was back in Niagara Falls and I was in Kitchener. He fell in love with me and I had no clue.

Jared started to post on the bored and basically, 2nd grade style, made fun of me for every thing I said. I basically said to him that he was a jerk and that it would be better if he was at least hot and a jerk. He posted a picture and I fell in loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Any ways, after months of teasing and talking online, we moved to the phone, and then I got up the courage to get on a bus to Newark, New Jersey and that was that. After being with him for 3 or 4 days I did not want to leave him.

However, I was 20 years old and sort of had some stuff to do first.

Any way, unfortunately I had to break my friend Pat's heart once he learned that I was indeed in love with Jared. Pat did not speak to me for almost a year.

Since we have started to gather a friendship again.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

~ Catherine

:unsure: I am looking at you like you are speaking in code :lol:

Hubby & I had a random meeting in a chat room.. not a dating site, just a chat room.. he asked me if I would MSN with him.. I said okay.. but gave him my "fake" email.. we chatted and I realized quite quickly that he was not an axe murder.. we haven't stopped chatting since :luv:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
Hubby & I had a random meeting in a chat room.. not a dating site, just a chat room.. he asked me if I would MSN with him.. I said okay.. but gave him my "fake" email.. we chatted and I realized quite quickly that he was not an axe murder.. we haven't stopped chatting since :luv:

:lol:

way to play it safe Em!

Timeline

When Mike and I first decided to become bf/gf the first thought that came to my mind was: "####### I have to start shaving my legs again"

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.