xelance

to all colombiano/as

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

How hard did you all find it to get the visa?? Did you meet your fiance/ee more than once or was once enough to get you the visa? I am just wondering because I am starting on this long process with mi colombiana and was wondering if I could get a general idea of how the process was for you all. If you post in spanish, I will still try to read it :) hehe Thank you!!!!!

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
How hard did you all find it to get the visa?? Did you meet your fiance/ee more than once or was once enough to get you the visa? I am just wondering because I am starting on this long process with mi colombiana and was wondering if I could get a general idea of how the process was for you all. If you post in spanish, I will still try to read it :) hehe Thank you!!!!!

Hey, congratulations it's a big step. I'm in the Colombian Forum in Spanish since a year, most of people in this process has met on Internet and they have been successful in the process, also most of them has met in person once or twice, the Americans went once or twice to visit the girlfriends in Colombia or sometimes Panama because some people feels safer there.

1. The important thing is to met in person once withing the last two years to be able to start the application. You have to show proves like pictures , airplane tickets copy of the stamps in your passport, tickets from restaurants, ride etc in Colombia. Pictures with relatives are so helpful.

2. You girlfriend has to put her signature in some document like form G325A and form I-129F and attach 2 American passport pictures.

3. You have to write a letter of intend (of marriage),for each person.

4. Try to save the emails and the chat conversations, It will help to start the process and It will help also at the interview at the embassy.

5. If one or both of you are divorced, you have to attach all the legal documents and prove you are able to get married.

6. You have to show your taxes at the embassy in the interview and you have to earn more than 25.000 US per year to sponsor her, If she has sons, you have to earn more money, according to be able to sponsor them

Most of process at the Colombian Forum have been successful just the bad thing is the application takes at least 5 moths some people is very lucky and got the approval really quick, but just few people.

In my case my husband visited me 5 times withing the process and it helped a lot in the interview at the embassy. It will be gr8 If you can go to the interview, because some people is not getting the visa until they will come back to the embassy with the American citizen.

If you have any question pls post it!

Good Luck, MAry

Edited by marymoon

l love you and the horizon hides you in vain. Neruda

The information in this post is NOT intended and should NOT be construed as legal advice.

La información en este post NO es, NI intenta ser entendida como consejo legal.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Don't worry about a thing, getting a visa through the US Embassy in Bogotá is pretty easy and straightforward. Just make sure to keep all kinds of evidence and follow the guides found at the top of the page and you'll be fine.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Timeline

Hey guy! You look trapped by LOVE!!!

Im too by my man... he's the best man in this world to me and we are finding the way to be together soon, we both know need to be patient and work hard because thats what will let us stay for ever. If things become difficult getting this visa (That im sure NOT) ttalk to her! If she loves u will go with u wherever u can be happy.

TONS OF LOVE

Nati :luv:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

hahahahaha nice Post nati, but that does not help me considering YOU ARE MY GIRLFRIEND!!! My post said nothing about being trapped in love so ohhhh I know its you! Any real advice besides my tortee veggie chip loving girlfriend? :)

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
hahahahaha nice Post nati, but that does not help me considering YOU ARE MY GIRLFRIEND!!! My post said nothing about being trapped in love so ohhhh I know its you! Any real advice besides my tortee veggie chip loving girlfriend? :)

:lol:

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.