66 posts in this topic

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, welcome to JV keobq - this is a good group of people to be with on one's visa journey.

I sent my I-751 to TSC last February 28th and it was transferred to Vermont SC in March, 2008. I had biometrics in April, then my file wasn't touched until September, and then again on January 13th. Last Friday, when I had no further action and files all around me were getting approved (and I was feeling especially frustrated), I contacted my Senator's office - Johnny Isakson. He has a staff person who specializes in immigration files. They put through an inquiry on the status of my file and it seems to have shaken it loose from whatever desk it was on holding down papers.

I hope that helps answer your questions. Good luck on your own journey.

You might want to take a look at the VSC Status Update thread in this forum - it has columns showing the dates people submitted their applications to VSC, when they received their NOAs (if they did - we didn't), when they had Biometrics and when they were approved. You can add your information to the list and then keep track of the files of others who applied around the same time as you. Here is the link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...&start=1410

Hi Kathryn,

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story! I'm going to actually attempt to do the same thing. My husband and I filed with VSC in December 2007 and after making a request for an inquiry with Immigration, we still have yet to hear anything, and still have not been "touched" since March of 2008 (even now, over a month after a request for inquiry!).

Thanks so much!

Sara

Hey Sara, my wife is in the same situation as you are. We filed with VSC in Dec. 2007 and had the fingerprints done in March 2008. No touches yet!

:unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would contact your Senators' offices and have them investigate. Hopefully just filing an inquiry on your behalf will shake loose your file from where it is gathering dust. If USCIS can approve files sent in March and April they can take care of finishing off December filers asap. Good luck to you both.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't see this sooner!

Today we faxed off a request for an inquiry by Senator Arlen Specter. I called to confirm they received the form, and they confirmed that they did. Hopefully we hear GOOD news very shortly!

In the meantime, my husband has an InfoPass appointment to get his passport stamped next Thursday :angry: . Good times, eh? This is such a frustrating and ridiculously laborious process.

12/06/07 I-751 application sent

12/08/07 I-751 application received at VSC

12/10/07 Check cashed

12/17/07 NOA1 received

01/22/08 Biometrics Appointment

01/23/08 Touched

12/29/08 Contacted USCIS Customer Service for inquiry

02/19/09 Requested formal inquiry by Senator Arlen Specter

04/03/09 Card Production Ordered

04/10/09 10 Year Greencard Received!

Filed: Timeline

Even kind of late (I was out of the country), congratulations Kathryn, you are such a good contributor to the forum!

I just saw that you are in Stockbridge!...I am in Buckhead.

Congrats again!

Thanks everyone:-)

And don't worry, Ant - I'm not really going anywhere - I'll still be around putting my 2 cents worth in here and there:-). After all, I still have friends like you waiting for their approval too!

Timeline

Thanks Cherr1980 - Buckhead - we're neighbours! There seem to be a good number of VJ members in the Atlanta area - we should arrange for a get together some time.

Sweetestcherry - good luck. I hope you get a good response and good news very soon. You're more than past due. My greencard actually arrived today as well - ok, it arrived yesterday but was delivered to my neighbour's address. I received it today, thank heavens.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Thanks Cherr1980 - Buckhead - we're neighbours! There seem to be a good number of VJ members in the Atlanta area - we should arrange for a get together some time.

Sweetestcherry - good luck. I hope you get a good response and good news very soon. You're more than past due. My greencard actually arrived today as well - ok, it arrived yesterday but was delivered to my neighbour's address. I received it today, thank heavens.

Thank you! I'm crossing my fingers- I figure I will give it about a week and then I will call the Senator's office a call to follow up.

Thanks again for sharing your experience- I would never have thought to try this route!

Edited by sweetestcherry

12/10/07 Check cashed

12/17/07 NOA1 received

01/23/08 Touched

• 3 weeks later...

So, an update...

I contacted my state senator's office approximately three weeks ago to do a senatorial inquiry into my husbands I-751 application. At this time, the case is still pending (ARG), which the office said is unusual- usually, they get a quicker turaround time. They said at this time, the case is with an adjudication officer, who should be making a decision, but when that decision comes is anyone's guess. At this point, I have been following up weekly, and they told me to try back in three weeks with them if I haven't heard anything, and they will put in another inquiry.

And so we wait...no updates on his online case profile on USCIS's website.

12/10/07 Check cashed

12/17/07 NOA1 received

01/23/08 Touched

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So, an update...

I contacted my state senator's office approximately three weeks ago to do a senatorial inquiry into my husbands I-751 application. At this time, the case is still pending (ARG), which the office said is unusual- usually, they get a quicker turaround time. They said at this time, the case is with an adjudication officer, who should be making a decision, but when that decision comes is anyone's guess. At this point, I have been following up weekly, and they told me to try back in three weeks with them if I haven't heard anything, and they will put in another inquiry.

And so we wait...no updates on his online case profile on USCIS's website.

Good luck... I can't believe you case has not been decided yet, they are processing cases from Jun-Nov 2008 now. I have nothing to complain about if you are still waiting!

Mailed N-400 March 6th via priority certified mail and Rec'd 9th (confirmation by USPS)

NOA rec'd: 3/19/2009 (date 3/16/2009, priority 3/9/2009)

Biometrics rec'd 3/26/2009, appt 4/9/2009

IL: 5/22/09

ID: 07/06/2009

Oath: 07/16/2009

SSN updated: 7/16/2009 (not received yet)

Passport rec'd: 8/15/2009(nat. certif not rec'd yet)

Timeline

I am sorry you haven't heard anything yet. VSC seems to have come to a grinding halt. I don't recall seeing any approvals over the last 10 days or so, perhaps longer. I wonder if they have reassigned case workers to a different type of application. There are a number of January and February filers who should have heard something by now. Good luck with your follow up.

Timeline

Ok - there have been a few sporadic approvals in March but none since the 6th. Hopefully there will be a whole slew of them soon.

I am sorry you haven't heard anything yet. VSC seems to have come to a grinding halt. I don't recall seeing any approvals over the last 10 days or so, perhaps longer. I wonder if they have reassigned case workers to a different type of application. There are a number of January and February filers who should have heard something by now. Good luck with your follow up.

My husband had to make an Infopass appointment at the end of February to get his passport stamped, because his letter extending his greecard expired on 3/2/09. The person helping him stamped it for a year, and told him that a LOT of people have been coming in and complaining of problems with the I-751 application and VSC.

Thanks again everyone for your support!

12/10/07 Check cashed

12/17/07 NOA1 received

01/23/08 Touched

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations Kathryn! So glad your 10 yr is on the way. I remember contacting Johnny Isakson when Joel was held up in namechecks for those long months before his conditional gc was approved.

Joel and I just filed ours and sent it off March 10. In reading a few threads on here, I'm guessing we're in for quite a wait. So far the check hasn't been cashed but I suspect that won't be for a few more days. His conditional gc expires May 9, 2009 so I'm hoping against all hope that he'll have his 10 yr before Naturalization time rolls around. Not gonna hold my breath though.... :D

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

• 3 weeks later...

Another update folks:

"Current Status: Card production ordered.

On April 3, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

YEA! Now while I am nearly crying and bouncing off the walls, my husband is somewhat skeptical still and says he will believe it when he has the card in his hands. But still.

About bloody time!!!

12/10/07 Check cashed

12/17/07 NOA1 received

01/23/08 Touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.