Ahmed N Cheryl

What are you getting your Mena Man for Valentine's Day???

123 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi everyone. I was just wondering what you all have decided to do for your Mena Man for Valentine's Day? I am having a hard time deciding. I am almost sure we will join the Arab Valentine Day Party in Atlanta but I still need a present. If you don't mind sharing I would love to know. :yes:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Im sending Y a romantic package filled with interview paperwork :lol:

Actually, I have no idea yet..and he reads here so :secret: i shouldnt say

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I like to see what other ppl r getting but we usually don't celebrate it. We hardly celebrate our anniversary. I drop hints like jewelry and flowers would be nice but it remains to be seen what may come once we're together for these events.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Olivia I know exactly what u r saying. I'm lucky if i get a card. I hint and hint and hint. To know avail, I get squat.

I plan on trying to get him something very special. He is looking into a notebook so I thought I may just go out and buy it for him.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline
Im sending Y a romantic package filled with interview paperwork :lol:

Actually, I have no idea yet..and he reads here so :secret: i shouldnt say

LOL I understand....my So uses my account and reads sometimes but not much so usually I can get away with it but no today he decides to read and calls me and says what do you mean you are having hard time deciding??? ooops BUSTED :blush:

Timeline
My husband is wanting a Blackberry Storm. He might just get it ;)

Great present crazyinEgypt but a little pricey for me :blush: We are on a budget since my daughter is in college and taking all our money these days.......lol

Edited by Ahmed N Cheryl

Timeline
Olivia I know exactly what u r saying. I'm lucky if i get a card. I hint and hint and hint. To know avail, I get squat.

I plan on trying to get him something very special. He is looking into a notebook so I thought I may just go out and buy it for him.

I'd even take a card. :blush:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

You too Turia very nice present for Valentine's Day. :thumbs:

I like to see what other ppl r getting but we usually don't celebrate it. We hardly celebrate our anniversary. I drop hints like jewelry and flowers would be nice but it remains to be seen what may come once we're together for these events.

Well I hope when you are together your special occassions will be alot more special. (F)

Timeline

You too Turia very nice present for Valentine's Day. :thumbs:

Well I hope when you are together your special occassions will be alot more special. (F)

Thx sweetie! :blush:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Im so excited to go to the Arabic Valentines Day party. Not sure I could really hide anything from Adam. He gets too excited to find out about a gift. We have more than enough stuff too so I doubt we will buy anything other than the tickets for Vday

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

For those whose husbands don't get them anything, I'm fairly certain that Vday isn't a traditional holiday in the Middle East, so your hubby's most likely didn't grow up knowing about it or celebrating it, and doesn't understand the meaning that it's taken on in the US.

At this point, I don't understand the purpose of having just one day a year that's supposed to be extra special to show your spouse you love them? You should show each other every day. :star:

Vday is just another way for Hallmark and the florists and chocolate makers to get your hard earned and in short supply these days - cash. :P

*edited for spelling

Edited by Melly 2

Living with hubby in Egypt, at last.

Timeline

I'm not sure I will get my husband anything for V-day because I wedding anniversary is so close and the budget is a bit tight. I am looking into getting him one gift to celebrate both days. Hmm, things could change though.

f68cm6.png

4/7/08 -------> Rec'd email from USCIS showing Card Ordered, Woot Woot

4/14/08 -----> 10 yr green card in hand

Citizenship Timeline

8/20/08 -------> Mailed N-400 to TSC

8/21/08 -------> N-400 rec'd by TSC @ 10:42 am signed for by C Maxa

8/26/08 -------> Check cashed

8/28/08 -------> Called USCIS was told biometrics scheduled for Sept 12 @ 3 pm

9/02/08 -------> Received NOA 1 showing receipt date as August 22, 2008

9/02/08 -------> Received bio appt by snail mail verifying scheduled date as 9/12 @ 3 pm

9/12/08 -------> Fingerprints taken

12/16/08------> Interview @ 10:05 am [PASSED]; OAth given at 2 pm

***MY HUSBAND IS NOW A USC***

12/29/08 -----> Filed for US passport book and passport card for my husband

01/08/09 -----> Rec'd US passport book in mail today; still waiting for card and return of natz cert

1/10/09 ------> Rec'd US passport card and Natz cert.

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I wont be home til Mar 7th but im getting him a few things because i still have to make up for a Christmas gift as well. im sure i will get him a little vday bear as always and some jeans he wants. prolly a few movies too.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.