Cigarovich

Lost Link/Subjective Advice for VSC Recalled Petitions

8 posts in this topic

Again in trying to stay ahead of the curve, I seem to have lost the link for the page where USCIS lays out the circumstances whereby a petition's processing can be expedited, specifically, USCIS error. I will be enclosing a letter to the VSC director holding them to their words with my RFE, whenever it comes. Could someone repost the link to that page, and then I'll compose a draft of the letter which I would subjectively advise those who have recalled petitions to enclose with their RFE's.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think that when they said they´ll senb RFE´s to the petitioners and expedite their cases they´re ahead of the curve themselves ´cus they know the recalled cases are entitled to such. You can remind them, of course, but I am sure they´ll be already on it and speeding up all processing.

EDIT: I forgot to give you the link.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices...ont/aboutus.htm

This is Vermont´s site and closer to the bottom it has the expedite letter address.

"General Expedite Procedures By Mail

The VSC will also accept EXPEDITE requests through WRITTEN Correspondence.

A letter requesting the expedite of a case along with any supporting information should be mailed to the VSC. The envelope MUST be marked with "EXPEDITE REQUEST".

Please mail expedite request to:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Vermont Service Center

ATTN: Expedite Request

75 Lower Welden Street

St. Albans, VT 05479

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS

A detailed explanation of the situation should be provided in a support letter, and any documentation needed to support the expedite request should also be submitted. Applicants should not submit more than 5 pages of material.

Cases that are not clearly approvable will not be expedited. Requests to expedite petitions or applications that are incomplete will not be granted. All supporting documents not in English must include a certified translation. See “Documents Not in English" section. There is no appeal of the denial of an expedite request. Please see our USCIS Expedited Criteria guidance."

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

OK Found the info myself. For those of you interested,

here is the specific link listing expedition criteria:

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/expedited.htm

and here is the link for formulating the request:

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices...ont/aboutus.htm

The key info culled from those 2 links is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------

USCIS Expedite Criteria

All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Service Center Director. The criteria are as follows:

Severe financial loss to company or individual.

Extreme emergent situation.

Humanitarian situation.

Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States.

Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government.)

USCIS error. (!!!)

Compelling interest of USCIS.

If a response to the expedite request is not received within 72 hours, the request is denied. The application or petition will then undergo normal processing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Expedite Procedures By Mail

The VSC will also accept EXPEDITE requests through WRITTEN Correspondence.

A letter requesting the expedite of a case along with any supporting information should be mailed to the VSC. The envelope MUST be marked with "EXPEDITE REQUEST".

Please mail expedite request to:

Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden Street

St. Albans, VT 05479

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As promised I will draft such an expedition request to accompany my RFE which I will post soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Does this only apply to Vermont petitioners or do the other service centers have a similiar process?

Timeliney Goodness

Late October, 2002 - Exchange PMs on a message board after being pointed towards each other by mutual friends.

December 30, 2002 - Meet in Edinburgh. I change plans to spend my second week of holiday with Chris.

After many, many trips back and forth...

September 27, 2005 - Chris comes over for three months to try the living together thing.

December 23, 2005 - We go to the UK to spend Christmas with his family (our first Christmas together)

January 4, 2006 - Chris almost doesn't get back into the country, but they end up letting him stay another three months.

February 14, 2006 - Attempted proposal. Aborted due to cold food and bad atmosphere.

February 17, 2006 - Successful proposal. Huzzah!

March 20, 2006 - Finally get I-129F Packet together and sent off to Texas Service Center.

March 28, 2006 - NOA1

April 1, 2006 - Touch

April 4, 2006 - NOA1 letter recieved.

June 23, 2006 - IMBRA RFE Notice Date

June 30, 2006 - IMBRA RFE Recieved in Mail, filled out and sent back Express Mail about an hour later.

July 03, 2006 - Touch (RFE recieved by CSC)

July 06, 2006 - Touch

July 07, 2006 - Touch

July 08, 2006 - Touch

July 25, 2006 - APPROVED!!

Talk about LOST at

The Hatch!

Does this only apply to Vermont petitioners or do the other service centers have a similiar process?

Other SC's have the same process (with obviously different addresses), however the recalled VSC petitions clearly qualify for expedited processing due to the erroneous approvals unique to Vermont.

OK here is my draft:

Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden Street

St. Albans, VT 05479

For the attention of Director Paul Novak,

Dear Sir,

I kindly ask that my RFE and petition be expedited. According to your website, USCIS Expedite Criteria includes USCIS error. My petition was erroneously approved by VSC on April 9 though non-compliant with IMBRA at that time. I have enclosed a copy of my I797C (aka NOA2) as evidence of the error.

Therefore, I hope that my Expedite Request qualifies for approval and VSC is able to process my enclosed RFE with the speed that matches its long standing reputation.

Please contact me regarding your decision by mail and/or by e-mail at...

Sincerely,

Mr. X

Case #

L&L pointed out that VSC will know that the recalled petitions qualify for expediting, but I'm taking nothing for granted and recommend those of you in my position to send a similar request with your upcoming RFE's unless there is a specific statement in the RFE package that we qualify.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
OK here is my draft:

Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden Street

St. Albans, VT 05479

For the attention of Director Paul Novak,

Dear Sir,

I kindly ask that my RFE and petition be expedited. According to your website, USCIS Expedite Criteria includes USCIS error. My petition was erroneously approved by VSC on April 9 though non-compliant with IMBRA at that time. I have enclosed a copy of my I797C (aka NOA2) as evidence of the error.

Therefore, I hope that my Expedite Request qualifies for approval and VSC is able to process my enclosed RFE with the speed that matches its long standing reputation.

Please contact me regarding your decision by mail and/or by e-mail at...

Sincerely,

Mr. X

Case #

L&L pointed out that VSC will know that the recalled petitions qualify for expediting, but I'm taking nothing for granted and recommend those of you in my position to send a similar request with your upcoming RFE's unless there is a specific statement in the RFE package that we qualify.

It´s a good idea.

But I´m worrying more about receiving the RFE.

Until we get that there´s nothing we can do about it, and we don´t know when that is gonna be.

I think we´ll have people shouting with a RFE in the mail today.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks Cigarovich! I'm just not sure which agency will be considered in error, USCIC or DHS.

If our petition was already approved is their a reason why not to send in the request to expedite now?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.