Birdie

I need Info....I am in Tears here :(

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

am just hope u will have more info soon...

btw, i have my problem here, and i dont know how to post new topic,grrrr....am trying to find some help about late AOS filing? my 90days will expire on March 12,2009...but we married already last feb 20,2009...we have financial problem right now, that is why we have to file late AOS...isn't okay to file AOS after 90days? please jasmin0717, i want to know ur idea about it...i dont know if i am d only one who encounter this kind of problem? thanks and GOD BLESS U

You are still good to go. I suggest you read the K-1 guide in prep for the embassy. Good luck :thumbs:

johncelestemary

am just hope u will have more info soon...

btw, i have my problem here, and i dont know how to post new topic,grrrr....am trying to find some help about late AOS filing? my 90days will expire on March 12,2009...but we married already last feb 20,2009...we have financial problem right now, that is why we have to file late AOS...isn't okay to file AOS after 90days? please jasmin0717, i want to know ur idea about it...i dont know if i am d only one who encounter this kind of problem? thanks and GOD BLESS U

To start a new topic, click the "New Topic" button on the upper right or lower right of the main page for this forum, or any thread.

And filing AOS late is not a serious problem, as long as you married within 90 days (even if you married late, that's fixable, but you'd need to file more expensive paperwork).

The only issue is that the K-1 status expires after 90 days. After expiration and until you file for AOS, you're out of status. If you have any encounters with immigration officials while out of status, there could be serious problems. Technically, you're deportable. So don't bring yourself to the attention of immigration officials.

Once you file for AOS, you'll have pending legal status, which means you have the legal permission to stay in the US until they make a decision on your AOS case. So file for AOS as soon as possible.

And once you have filed for AOS, the fact that the filing was late won't affect the ability of them to approve your case.

04 Apr, 2004: Got married

05 Apr, 2004: I-130 Sent to CSC

13 Apr, 2004: I-130 NOA 1

19 Apr, 2004: I-129F Sent to MSC

29 Apr, 2004: I-129F NOA 1

13 Aug, 2004: I-130 Approved by CSC

28 Dec, 2004: I-130 Case Complete at NVC

18 Jan, 2005: Got the visa approved in Caracas

22 Jan, 2005: Flew home together! CCS->MIA->SFO

25 May, 2005: I-129F finally approved! We won't pursue it.

8 June, 2006: Our baby girl is born!

24 Oct, 2006: Window for filing I-751 opens

25 Oct, 2006: I-751 mailed to CSC

18 Nov, 2006: I-751 NOA1 received from CSC

30 Nov, 2006: I-751 Biometrics taken

05 Apr, 2007: I-751 approved, card production ordered

23 Jan, 2008: N-400 sent to CSC via certified mail

19 Feb, 2008: N-400 Biometrics taken

27 Mar, 2008: Naturalization interview notice received (NOA2 for N-400)

30 May, 2008: Naturalization interview, passed the test!

17 June, 2008: Naturalization oath notice mailed

15 July, 2008: Naturalization oath ceremony!

16 July, 2008: Registered to vote and applied for US passport

26 July, 2008: US Passport arrived.

Filed: Other Timeline
This is what happens when you listen to the government. When your petition was approved, it was sent to the NVC and from there to the consulate in Ireland, itarrived about 3 weeks later.

This petition is not yet approved.

According to her timeline it is.

Oh Good, Thank you guys :)

That is a relief.

i was thinking of calling the embassy tomorrow to see if they have any info on the case, Do you think it would be a good idea to go ahead and do that?? or should i just wait??

Thanks again, you guys are awesome. <3

I've always read they are very accommodating at that consulate.

I don't think it would hurt you a bit to give them a ring.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

becca.. the original post was made weeks before the petition was actually approved. The OP confused NOA1 for NOA2. Thinking her Sept filing date was her approval date. ;)

She is now approved and hopefully understands that the process is now moving foward.

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Oh Good, Thank you guys :)

That is a relief.

i was thinking of calling the embassy tomorrow to see if they have any info on the case, Do you think it would be a good idea to go ahead and do that?? or should i just wait??

Thanks again, you guys are awesome. <3

The Usembassy , will not help you . They have no record of you even applying for a K-1 Visa , and even if they did they dont care . The fact is the United States Government does'nt care about anything , but themselfs . (1) If your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fianc'e(e) even gets aproved in USCIS , after the current processing time . You still have to wait , just like everyone else (2) Then it gets forwarded to the NVC , and you have to wait longer . (3) NVC forward your papers to the Usembassy of your alien fiancee place of residents , and you have to wait some more again . (4) You wait for your fiancee to receive his/her K-packet , then you have to wait some more (5) You take the Medical Exam , then you wait some more (6) You pay all the required fees , then you wait some more (7) You have to wait untill you the american citizen receive the letter from the usembassy , that states they are ready for you too secudule for interview at the Usembassy . Then you wait some more (8) Then your fiancee goes to the Visa Interview , then you wait some more . (9) Then after the Visa Interview you wait some more , for the Visa Processing . (10) The Passport will be sent too your fiancee home through guarentee currier service , then you wait some more . (11) Then your fiancee gets her visa , then you wait some more after you order plane tickets , then you wait some more (12) Then he/she arrives in USA , then you wait some more (12) You apply to get married , then you wait some more (by law 10 working days to get married after you apply )

This process , is'nt for someone that has no patients , and you have to wait . Same as everyone else

becca.. the original post was made weeks before the petition was actually approved. The OP confused NOA1 for NOA2. Thinking her Sept filing date was her approval date. ;)

She is now approved and hopefully understands that the process is now moving foward.

Ah. My bad.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Then your fiancee goes to the Visa Interview , then you wait some more.
At some consulates, if your fiancee goes alone, you'll receive a 221(g) and wait months while trying to perform damage-control, or you'll be denied outright, and perhaps wait forever.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.